Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New feature: Background apparel.
1 2
Ever have that one dragon who you are so proud of and would love to have it as your av, but it looks too plain without head apparel? Well now you can with backgrounds! Only one art is needed because one size fits all! It just stays behind you dragon, and makes it look like it somewhere else! Whether it be a forest or a meadow, it makes your dragon look beautiful!

EDIT: Maybe Coli backgrounds could be reused at the beginning?
Ever have that one dragon who you are so proud of and would love to have it as your av, but it looks too plain without head apparel? Well now you can with backgrounds! Only one art is needed because one size fits all! It just stays behind you dragon, and makes it look like it somewhere else! Whether it be a forest or a meadow, it makes your dragon look beautiful!

EDIT: Maybe Coli backgrounds could be reused at the beginning?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bailey
she/her
+0 fr time
x4QiZEg.png
@Blenore, are you talking about things like flowerfalls, winter wind, et ect.?
@Blenore, are you talking about things like flowerfalls, winter wind, et ect.?
177499lightofknowledge2.png
@Lightning, nope! Background that covers the whole background of the dragon. Maybe like skins, except that they affect the area around the dragon and not the dragon.
@Lightning, nope! Background that covers the whole background of the dragon. Maybe like skins, except that they affect the area around the dragon and not the dragon.

bailey
she/her
+0 fr time
x4QiZEg.png
@Blenore, Ah, I see now. I think you'd have difficulty with other clothing and genes like spines; where the background would cover them.
@Blenore, Ah, I see now. I think you'd have difficulty with other clothing and genes like spines; where the background would cover them.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Always support. Backgrounds would just have to be another layer behind all the other clothing and dragon parts. And they'd have to code so that layer (background) doesn't appear in the Coli.
Always support. Backgrounds would just have to be another layer behind all the other clothing and dragon parts. And they'd have to code so that layer (background) doesn't appear in the Coli.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Another site has backgrounds, and it is literally that, behind the pet. Unless the background has 'foreground' parts, it would be completely behind the dragon. (like for the nocturnes, I believe, some good sky/starry night type backgrounds) Since you could use one picture for all dragons (I would assume) it wouldn't really be like a skin, but rather a Y x Y picture, so it shouldn't interfere with any apparel or genes.

I support this, as I LOVE backgrounds :D
Another site has backgrounds, and it is literally that, behind the pet. Unless the background has 'foreground' parts, it would be completely behind the dragon. (like for the nocturnes, I believe, some good sky/starry night type backgrounds) Since you could use one picture for all dragons (I would assume) it wouldn't really be like a skin, but rather a Y x Y picture, so it shouldn't interfere with any apparel or genes.

I support this, as I LOVE backgrounds :D

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar, thanks for the support! I got may idea because of other sites, and because it wouldn't require much coding I think.
@Jemadar, thanks for the support! I got may idea because of other sites, and because it wouldn't require much coding I think.

bailey
she/her
+0 fr time
x4QiZEg.png
@Blenore I don't know much about the coding of this site, but I also wouldn't think it would take very much for it, especially if they just had it as an apparel option that you always had to have in your last slot or something (read somewhere else where the order of your apparel actually does affect the apparel itself in that it will allow you to chose what shows on top) And I also don't think it would take that much extra effort for the artists as they would only need basically one background apparel for ALL dragons, unless they wanted to get fancy with it and add things like shadows (then it should basically be one for every breed, which seems just a bit too much work for me, just for a shadow :))

About the only thing that *might* be difficult is making it not show up in the coli, but then again, do all apparel items show up in the coli? DO they even show up (added some neck scarves and scars to my team, and none of that showed up, but then again the skins I added didn't show up either at first so it might just be I didn't refresh and get the new images for it)
@Blenore I don't know much about the coding of this site, but I also wouldn't think it would take very much for it, especially if they just had it as an apparel option that you always had to have in your last slot or something (read somewhere else where the order of your apparel actually does affect the apparel itself in that it will allow you to chose what shows on top) And I also don't think it would take that much extra effort for the artists as they would only need basically one background apparel for ALL dragons, unless they wanted to get fancy with it and add things like shadows (then it should basically be one for every breed, which seems just a bit too much work for me, just for a shadow :))

About the only thing that *might* be difficult is making it not show up in the coli, but then again, do all apparel items show up in the coli? DO they even show up (added some neck scarves and scars to my team, and none of that showed up, but then again the skins I added didn't show up either at first so it might just be I didn't refresh and get the new images for it)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
SUPPORT! I think this is a fantastic idea. Personally I would just be happy with sky-themed backdrops, so that artists don't have to worry about shadows in the artwork. (Even so, just a circle for a shadow would be acceptable, I think. I am that kind of lazy when it comes to shadows in my artwork though... xD)
A starry sky backdrop would be beautiful and amazing. I'd also love to see different gradient backdrops, like sunsets, or even a rainbow! Maybe they'll need to allow users to custom make these also should this feature get implemented. xD
SUPPORT! I think this is a fantastic idea. Personally I would just be happy with sky-themed backdrops, so that artists don't have to worry about shadows in the artwork. (Even so, just a circle for a shadow would be acceptable, I think. I am that kind of lazy when it comes to shadows in my artwork though... xD)
A starry sky backdrop would be beautiful and amazing. I'd also love to see different gradient backdrops, like sunsets, or even a rainbow! Maybe they'll need to allow users to custom make these also should this feature get implemented. xD
a7jSHqz.gifw9Hs112f1XJtQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.pngE0tpxPX.gif
Yep, I would love to see all kinds of backgrounds, from solid colors, to 'abstract' type, to simple stars on solid background (or other shapes) to forests, waterfalls, exotic planets :D Basically, if I can stick it behind my dragon, I will be happy (disclaimer: some backgrounds would make me happier than others :D)
Yep, I would love to see all kinds of backgrounds, from solid colors, to 'abstract' type, to simple stars on solid background (or other shapes) to forests, waterfalls, exotic planets :D Basically, if I can stick it behind my dragon, I will be happy (disclaimer: some backgrounds would make me happier than others :D)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png

14318365.png
1 2