Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [new breed] Orca! NOW WITH BABY
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/10da113c30e000802d3363165b6c4660/tumblr_npcqen9WNs1rrchuno1_540.png[/img] So you see a lot of water dragons being suggested... I redid one I drew several years ago. The name's not final yet, I'm thinking something like Waveskimmer. Lore-wise, they are pack hunters who are just as agile in the water as they are in the air. Their diet is exclusively carnivorous (meat and seafood), and they have thick skin instead of scales like most dragons would have. They are capable of leaping from the water straight into flight, which is their favored method of taking off. They prefer nesting in hard to reach coastal areas, sometimes picking caves with an underwater opening, but the eggs and hatchlings do need air to breathe. The females have slightly smaller back fins compared to the males (more images to come if there is any interest) Mostly, I hope I didn't make the picture look too much like a Coatl! I wanted to do a dragon with a bit more "pudge" to it, but still looking like a sleek predator. Edit: Now with baby! [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/4851299ca4161ce5d1809025001410fb/tumblr_npv6iqFYAH1rrchuno1_540.png[/img] Son of edit: tweaked the lineart a little, I'd like to hear your opinion! [img]http://40.media.tumblr.com/473c27832065cf4fb54e4c9ba3f69dfd/tumblr_nqgxcoVGsR1rrchuno1_500.png[/img]
tumblr_npcqen9WNs1rrchuno1_540.png

So you see a lot of water dragons being suggested... I redid one I drew several years ago. The name's not final yet, I'm thinking something like Waveskimmer.

Lore-wise, they are pack hunters who are just as agile in the water as they are in the air. Their diet is exclusively carnivorous (meat and seafood), and they have thick skin instead of scales like most dragons would have. They are capable of leaping from the water straight into flight, which is their favored method of taking off. They prefer nesting in hard to reach coastal areas, sometimes picking caves with an underwater opening, but the eggs and hatchlings do need air to breathe. The females have slightly smaller back fins compared to the males (more images to come if there is any interest)

Mostly, I hope I didn't make the picture look too much like a Coatl! I wanted to do a dragon with a bit more "pudge" to it, but still looking like a sleek predator.

Edit: Now with baby!

tumblr_npv6iqFYAH1rrchuno1_540.png

Son of edit: tweaked the lineart a little, I'd like to hear your opinion!

tumblr_nqgxcoVGsR1rrchuno1_500.png
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
@wbicepuppy

I think the arms/legs would need to be shorter to not cause problems with swimming fast. Otherwise I could support this.
@wbicepuppy

I think the arms/legs would need to be shorter to not cause problems with swimming fast. Otherwise I could support this.
@Ismaiel Thanks for the criticism! I think I can shorten the arms, but the legs might be a little hard to do without throwing the design out of balance. I'll give it a try anyway!
@Ismaiel Thanks for the criticism! I think I can shorten the arms, but the legs might be a little hard to do without throwing the design out of balance. I'll give it a try anyway!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
It's so cute! I'll take ten of them!
It's so cute! I'll take ten of them!
wHevbhU.gif el4duj5.giflOT11q6.gif wHevbhU.gif
Hi, did someone say 'Orca' dragon.
Uh, yes please. I need lots.
Support.
Hi, did someone say 'Orca' dragon.
Uh, yes please. I need lots.
Support.
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
Oh wow I'm digging the design, full support from me!
Oh wow I'm digging the design, full support from me!
LKzi7uW.png
OMG CAN I HAVE LIKE FIFTY OF THESE FULL SUPPORT
OMG CAN I HAVE LIKE FIFTY OF THESE FULL SUPPORT
wp1cEPW.png
These guys are adorable! Support!

I personally would like them to be a bit thicker? Maybe more like an actual orca. They are gorgeous though!
These guys are adorable! Support!

I personally would like them to be a bit thicker? Maybe more like an actual orca. They are gorgeous though!
@Tsuriruto Thanks for the suggestion! I'm cautious to preserve a dragonny figure in there, as they ARE still dragons after all, but I'll be glad to play around with the proportions for the next pictures.
@Tsuriruto Thanks for the suggestion! I'm cautious to preserve a dragonny figure in there, as they ARE still dragons after all, but I'll be glad to play around with the proportions for the next pictures.
@wbicepuppy
I wants them I needs them. The pudge must happen! 100% support. If I may recommend I think you should make the head more round for that pudgy effect (but not like female snapper round though)
@wbicepuppy
I wants them I needs them. The pudge must happen! 100% support. If I may recommend I think you should make the head more round for that pudgy effect (but not like female snapper round though)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9