Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No exaltion for hatchlings
1 2 3 4
I'm new here, but it was a shock for me, when I saw people who buy large groups of cheap hatchlings and immediately exalt them.

1. It's rude
2. If someone sell them, it doesn't mean, that they're unwanted - someone else can want to have them.
3. If the price is not big, it doesn't mean that they're bad.
4. If you think that they're not pretty, that doesn't mean that someone else can't like them.
5. If there's really no one who want to buy them, the owner will see it in a few days and can exalt a dragon by themself or leave it be.

We can't exalt dragons, who care about nest, who wear something or have familiars. It should be not hard to add hatchlings to the list of dragons that we can't exalt.
If someone wants to buy cheap dragons for this - at least, make them wait till dragons grow.

P.S. sorry if I made any mistakes, my english is not very good.
I'm new here, but it was a shock for me, when I saw people who buy large groups of cheap hatchlings and immediately exalt them.

1. It's rude
2. If someone sell them, it doesn't mean, that they're unwanted - someone else can want to have them.
3. If the price is not big, it doesn't mean that they're bad.
4. If you think that they're not pretty, that doesn't mean that someone else can't like them.
5. If there's really no one who want to buy them, the owner will see it in a few days and can exalt a dragon by themself or leave it be.

We can't exalt dragons, who care about nest, who wear something or have familiars. It should be not hard to add hatchlings to the list of dragons that we can't exalt.
If someone wants to buy cheap dragons for this - at least, make them wait till dragons grow.

P.S. sorry if I made any mistakes, my english is not very good.
+10 hours from server time :)
It's not rude, they paid the asking price for the dragon and then exalted their dragon. The only way to prevent a dragon from ever being exalted is to keep it in your own lair. I will never support anything that allows a seller to control what happens to a dragon after they have sold/traded/given it away.

Exalting is a very important site mechanic that reduces the dragon population. There is a limited amount of lair space available, but dragons are infinitely renewable. There will always be new dragons put into the system. If you limited exalting to adults only, lairs would quickly become packed and unmanageable.
It's not rude, they paid the asking price for the dragon and then exalted their dragon. The only way to prevent a dragon from ever being exalted is to keep it in your own lair. I will never support anything that allows a seller to control what happens to a dragon after they have sold/traded/given it away.

Exalting is a very important site mechanic that reduces the dragon population. There is a limited amount of lair space available, but dragons are infinitely renewable. There will always be new dragons put into the system. If you limited exalting to adults only, lairs would quickly become packed and unmanageable.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
No support
No support
+10 FR T
IKTR: while I do have a fandragon tab my whole lair is filled with refs
hRysX66.png
No support.
No support.
tumblr_inline_ny7iueBT5H1qmzhvw_540.png
@Isographe

Exalting dragons is not about them being ugly or unwanted.

Exaltating is an integral part of the gameplay.
Would only adult dragons be allowed to exalted I'd suggest we cut the hatchling stage completely as it is actually only a 'waiting' stage to cut the breeding time down a bit. Dragons need to be taken out of the system before they have offspring on their own to reduce he amout of dragons onsite.

It is not done to offend any player. Also Exalting is the best thing happening to a dragon lorewise.

If you personally feel uncomfortable with your hatchlings being exalted keep them in your lair till they are adults. Aa any dragons sold or traded might be exalted.

NO SUPPORT
@Isographe

Exalting dragons is not about them being ugly or unwanted.

Exaltating is an integral part of the gameplay.
Would only adult dragons be allowed to exalted I'd suggest we cut the hatchling stage completely as it is actually only a 'waiting' stage to cut the breeding time down a bit. Dragons need to be taken out of the system before they have offspring on their own to reduce he amout of dragons onsite.

It is not done to offend any player. Also Exalting is the best thing happening to a dragon lorewise.

If you personally feel uncomfortable with your hatchlings being exalted keep them in your lair till they are adults. Aa any dragons sold or traded might be exalted.

NO SUPPORT
A dragon being exalted doesn't mean it's bad/ugly/unwanted/whatever. My first nest was only one egg and I exalted that dragon, coming up with some lore that he was a brave warrior prince who went to serve directly at the Icewarden's side and he left my lair with fanfares and is still remembered and celebrated by the newer dragons. Just as an example, to remind you that exalting is not supposed to be considered a bad thing.

Dragons need to be exalted, there are too many and there will always be more. Not every dragon can get a permanent home, not even MOST dragons can get a permanent home, even the gorgeous ones. It's a bummer that nobody warned you of the chance that your hatchlings would be exalted, but that is how the game goes. People buy large groups of cheap hatchlings and exalt them as a dominance strategy - if you don't want your hatchlings to be a part of this, price them higher or don't sell them. Sometimes people buy a dragon and then decide they don't want it and exalt rather than try to resell. It's best if you don't take it personally when people exalt dragons you sell, as it's not any kind of comment on how they look or what they're worth. It happens to everyone, and you're going to make things harder on yourself unless you're able to make peace with that.
A dragon being exalted doesn't mean it's bad/ugly/unwanted/whatever. My first nest was only one egg and I exalted that dragon, coming up with some lore that he was a brave warrior prince who went to serve directly at the Icewarden's side and he left my lair with fanfares and is still remembered and celebrated by the newer dragons. Just as an example, to remind you that exalting is not supposed to be considered a bad thing.

Dragons need to be exalted, there are too many and there will always be more. Not every dragon can get a permanent home, not even MOST dragons can get a permanent home, even the gorgeous ones. It's a bummer that nobody warned you of the chance that your hatchlings would be exalted, but that is how the game goes. People buy large groups of cheap hatchlings and exalt them as a dominance strategy - if you don't want your hatchlings to be a part of this, price them higher or don't sell them. Sometimes people buy a dragon and then decide they don't want it and exalt rather than try to resell. It's best if you don't take it personally when people exalt dragons you sell, as it's not any kind of comment on how they look or what they're worth. It happens to everyone, and you're going to make things harder on yourself unless you're able to make peace with that.
I understand that exalting is a very important thing, as well as I understand why is this made here. I totally understand that there's a need to control population, etc. And I fully support it. What I not support - people, who buys tons of little dragons only to exalt them.
You tell that if there won't be exalting for hatchlings - there'll be no place soon. But people can see if they have place or not when they hatch them. As well as people who buy dragons - they see if they have place for them or not.

If I could, I'd suggest the possibility of exalting hatchlings only for person who hatched them, but not bought, but it's more hard thing to make. That's why I suggested them all.
I understand that exalting is a very important thing, as well as I understand why is this made here. I totally understand that there's a need to control population, etc. And I fully support it. What I not support - people, who buys tons of little dragons only to exalt them.
You tell that if there won't be exalting for hatchlings - there'll be no place soon. But people can see if they have place or not when they hatch them. As well as people who buy dragons - they see if they have place for them or not.

If I could, I'd suggest the possibility of exalting hatchlings only for person who hatched them, but not bought, but it's more hard thing to make. That's why I suggested them all.
And if someone bought a dragon and decided that they don't want it anymore - they can sell it again.
And if someone bought a dragon and decided that they don't want it anymore - they can sell it again.
No support. I usually keep my dragons until I can train and exalt them myself. However, sometimes lair space is really tight. I can't hatch a nest our buy that dream dragon that just went on sale. So I have turned around and exalted my own hatchlings before just for the space. If I was forbidden from doing this, I'd not have some of my favorite dragons and who knows how long I'd have to sit on nests until people bought my hatchlings or until they grew up and I'd be finally able to exalt them myself. And even if I exalted hatchlings I didn't breed myself because I need the lair space, I should be able to do so. Who know how long that dream dragon will be on the market? I need to exalt hatchling X right now to buy it--not wait for hatchling X to resell, which it might never do.

Plus, as said before, once a dragon is sold, it is no longer the seller's. Sellers list the price they'll accept for dragons. They get what they want: treasure and gems. The buyers get what they want: dragons. The seller then cannot tell the buyer what to do. So the buyer can rename, exalt, gene scroll, eternal youth or anything to the dragon. If the tables were turned, do you think it would be fair if the buyer said "that treasure used to be mine. Therefore, you cannot spend it on meat items. I am a vegetarian, and I don't want you to spend my treasure on meat." No, that would be really ridiculous. And telling the new owner of a dragon what to do is equally ridiculous.
No support. I usually keep my dragons until I can train and exalt them myself. However, sometimes lair space is really tight. I can't hatch a nest our buy that dream dragon that just went on sale. So I have turned around and exalted my own hatchlings before just for the space. If I was forbidden from doing this, I'd not have some of my favorite dragons and who knows how long I'd have to sit on nests until people bought my hatchlings or until they grew up and I'd be finally able to exalt them myself. And even if I exalted hatchlings I didn't breed myself because I need the lair space, I should be able to do so. Who know how long that dream dragon will be on the market? I need to exalt hatchling X right now to buy it--not wait for hatchling X to resell, which it might never do.

Plus, as said before, once a dragon is sold, it is no longer the seller's. Sellers list the price they'll accept for dragons. They get what they want: treasure and gems. The buyers get what they want: dragons. The seller then cannot tell the buyer what to do. So the buyer can rename, exalt, gene scroll, eternal youth or anything to the dragon. If the tables were turned, do you think it would be fair if the buyer said "that treasure used to be mine. Therefore, you cannot spend it on meat items. I am a vegetarian, and I don't want you to spend my treasure on meat." No, that would be really ridiculous. And telling the new owner of a dragon what to do is equally ridiculous.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support, if we couldn't exalt hatchlings we would all be even more in trouble with lairspace than we already are. For example, if I'm only after a certain color/sex/gene combo from a certain pair and they do not give me what I want, I simply instantly exalt the hatchlings to save lairspace. To be forced to hold them for five days would run me out of my mind. >>

Also, in the current economy, you can't simply sell a dragon if you don't like it as changes are that no one will buy it. There are too many dragons and not enough lair space (which would only be worse if exalting would be anyhow limited.) I have kept dragons for sale for over four weeks, and they weren't even awfully expensive or ugly.

If you do not want your hatchlings to be exalted, I'd recommend to either keep them untill they are adults or sell them for higher price. Of course they might still get exalted, but the odds would be a bit better. :)
No support, if we couldn't exalt hatchlings we would all be even more in trouble with lairspace than we already are. For example, if I'm only after a certain color/sex/gene combo from a certain pair and they do not give me what I want, I simply instantly exalt the hatchlings to save lairspace. To be forced to hold them for five days would run me out of my mind. >>

Also, in the current economy, you can't simply sell a dragon if you don't like it as changes are that no one will buy it. There are too many dragons and not enough lair space (which would only be worse if exalting would be anyhow limited.) I have kept dragons for sale for over four weeks, and they weren't even awfully expensive or ugly.

If you do not want your hatchlings to be exalted, I'd recommend to either keep them untill they are adults or sell them for higher price. Of course they might still get exalted, but the odds would be a bit better. :)
HlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.pngHlyrCMY.png
1 2 3 4