Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pings when editing
1 2
Quote:
Aequorin 2015-04-13 13:10:55
Pings added when editing a post should now send

Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE revert this. It is going to be such a headache when managing ping lists for shops and hatcheries!
Quote:
Aequorin 2015-04-13 13:10:55
Pings added when editing a post should now send

Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE revert this. It is going to be such a headache when managing ping lists for shops and hatcheries!
mwxYQwg.png
Support!
A headache for the person managing it and causing much confusion/annoyance if it fails too often for the receiving persons.
Support!
A headache for the person managing it and causing much confusion/annoyance if it fails too often for the receiving persons.
75UHyX6.pngSvSQB0r.png4LmgXsn.pngaSY2AXl.pngNDfvk4v.pngsZXDott.pngCGkXGkk.pngCFzuqkV.pngZGWjzxy.pngo3JH9c4.pngWZkyhi0.gifW3CUfiy.pngB0TLTXy.pngRJTj2vQ.pngiyN9OEm.pngyPOOdFP.pngph5IzGU.pngRainbow%20Shrimp.png

75UHyX6.png
No please.. Let it stay. I forget to ping like.. every time and since edit pings didn't work I had to make a new spam post which isn't allowed.

And deleting the first post and adding a ping to a new post might confuse people when you take to long to realize you missed the ping...again.

Pinglist are best managed without the @ overall. No acidental pings guaranteed.
No please.. Let it stay. I forget to ping like.. every time and since edit pings didn't work I had to make a new spam post which isn't allowed.

And deleting the first post and adding a ping to a new post might confuse people when you take to long to realize you missed the ping...again.

Pinglist are best managed without the @ overall. No acidental pings guaranteed.
What about an option? Like checking a box for "resend pings"
What about an option? Like checking a box for "resend pings"
No support for this. I have missed many of semi important thread updates because pings for me were added in later by editing. If you're worried about it pinging all the users on the list again I tested it and it doesn't. Only the new ones that are added while editing.
No support for this. I have missed many of semi important thread updates because pings for me were added in later by editing. If you're worried about it pinging all the users on the list again I tested it and it doesn't. Only the new ones that are added while editing.
+10 FR T
IKTR: while I do have a fandragon tab my whole lair is filled with refs
hRysX66.png
[quote name="Ismaiel" date=2015-04-13 13:26:18] And deleting the first post and adding a ping to a new post might confuse people when you take to long to realize you missed the ping...again. [/quote] And now everytime we need to edit a post with a ping will send out another ping and cause trouble. Please don't forget, English is not the first language for everyone (as fas as I can see, for many) here and realizing you wrote some weird English/made mistakes can take. I need to edit most of my posts because of this and deleting and reposting won't help if the first had the ping in it (which most of the time is true for me ^^)
Ismaiel wrote on 2015-04-13:

And now everytime we need to edit a post with a ping will send out another ping and cause trouble. Please don't forget, English is not the first language for everyone (as fas as I can see, for many) here and realizing you wrote some weird English/made mistakes can take.
I need to edit most of my posts because of this and deleting and reposting won't help if the first had the ping in it (which most of the time is true for me ^^)
75UHyX6.pngSvSQB0r.png4LmgXsn.pngaSY2AXl.pngNDfvk4v.pngsZXDott.pngCGkXGkk.pngCFzuqkV.pngZGWjzxy.pngo3JH9c4.pngWZkyhi0.gifW3CUfiy.pngB0TLTXy.pngRJTj2vQ.pngiyN9OEm.pngyPOOdFP.pngph5IzGU.pngRainbow%20Shrimp.png

75UHyX6.png
Just tested this with a friend, I posted: [quote]@Friend'sUsername This is a test[/quote] I then edited my post to [quote]@Friend'sUsername This is a test.[/quote] Editing the text (though not the ping itself) does not seem to re-ping people. You should have no issues editing posts that are not ping-related. No support. Speaking of edits, edited to fix typo. c:
Just tested this with a friend, I posted:
Quote:
@Friend'sUsername This is a test

I then edited my post to
Quote:
@Friend'sUsername This is a test.

Editing the text (though not the ping itself) does not seem to re-ping people. You should have no issues editing posts that are not ping-related.

No support.

Speaking of edits, edited to fix typo. c:
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
[quote name="Confectionary" date=2015-04-13 13:51:16] Just tested this with a friend, I posted: [quote]@Friend'sUsername This is a test[/quote] I then edited my post to [quote]@Friend'sUsername This is a test.[/quote] Editing the text (though not the ping itself) does not seem to re-ping people. You should have no issues editing posts that are not ping-related. No support. Speaking of edits, edited to fix typo. c: [/quote] Great, now I feel stupid. I didn't even think of trying this myself >.> If only editing the ping or adding a ping send it and not editing other stuff, the change is most welcome.
Confectionary wrote on 2015-04-13:
Just tested this with a friend, I posted:
Quote:
@Friend'sUsername This is a test

I then edited my post to
Quote:
@Friend'sUsername This is a test.

Editing the text (though not the ping itself) does not seem to re-ping people. You should have no issues editing posts that are not ping-related.

No support.

Speaking of edits, edited to fix typo. c:

Great, now I feel stupid. I didn't even think of trying this myself >.>
If only editing the ping or adding a ping send it and not editing other stuff, the change is most welcome.

75UHyX6.png
I wonder how many pings friend has
I wonder how many pings friend has
Probably a lot :( Do quote pings actually go through? > .> <. < [quote]@Teenwolf let's find out[/quote] @Suathiel I can understand why you'd be unhappy with it if it repinged for every single edit CX But at least now we know!
Probably a lot :( Do quote pings actually go through?

> .>
<. <
Quote:
@Teenwolf let's find out

@Suathiel I can understand why you'd be unhappy with it if it repinged for every single edit CX But at least now we know!
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
1 2