Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A suggestion for future NoN
1 2
@lachla oops! Sorry. As I said, I play mostly on an iPad mini. Limits my text to small sizes, and occasionally causes typing quirks.

I understand wishes that it not be on the holiday, but I believe that's likely why they left it open longer, for two weeks.

I agree on the speed thing to some degree. I mean, I had to play the November event on baseline DSL or what was available from TMobile. Made it much more tedious, and well, the Coli not being equipped to handle current loads is Super frustrating. Why they did open enrollment and then a very server intense game back to back is beyond me. I do play a lot from an iPad mini though, so I don't empathize with people upset that it's "inaccessible" in that format.

As far as the folks limited to public access... It sucks as they probably won't get a chest with a scroll or an egg, it is completely likely and probable that the prices of Nocturnes will drop drastically in a month when they breed.

I don't have a problem with Coli, but I do wish there was a bit more... Stability and such in dragon prices. I played Wajas and was apparently considered a power player, but it wasn't hard to figure out pricing for the pups there. I'm still struggling to grasp what good prices are, two months into this game. I see folks on forum selling identical twins to some of mine, for quite literally 10x the price mine are sitting on the AH at. XD

I think, for me, it's mostly the people bellyaching as if they are Owed an egg and a scroll at the least. There was warning that they were intended to be rare, and while there will be a scant few that get really lucky, it's much more probable that folks like myself, with multiple eggs (still waiting and hoping for a scroll!) did grinding long and hard for hours to get what we have. My dragons literally leveled once, from 23 to 24, in the arena... At 100xp a pop at best. That's A TON of grinding. And it's going to be even more to get the genes for all of them, or even to get one or two gened up. But it will so be worth it, for me!
@lachla oops! Sorry. As I said, I play mostly on an iPad mini. Limits my text to small sizes, and occasionally causes typing quirks.

I understand wishes that it not be on the holiday, but I believe that's likely why they left it open longer, for two weeks.

I agree on the speed thing to some degree. I mean, I had to play the November event on baseline DSL or what was available from TMobile. Made it much more tedious, and well, the Coli not being equipped to handle current loads is Super frustrating. Why they did open enrollment and then a very server intense game back to back is beyond me. I do play a lot from an iPad mini though, so I don't empathize with people upset that it's "inaccessible" in that format.

As far as the folks limited to public access... It sucks as they probably won't get a chest with a scroll or an egg, it is completely likely and probable that the prices of Nocturnes will drop drastically in a month when they breed.

I don't have a problem with Coli, but I do wish there was a bit more... Stability and such in dragon prices. I played Wajas and was apparently considered a power player, but it wasn't hard to figure out pricing for the pups there. I'm still struggling to grasp what good prices are, two months into this game. I see folks on forum selling identical twins to some of mine, for quite literally 10x the price mine are sitting on the AH at. XD

I think, for me, it's mostly the people bellyaching as if they are Owed an egg and a scroll at the least. There was warning that they were intended to be rare, and while there will be a scant few that get really lucky, it's much more probable that folks like myself, with multiple eggs (still waiting and hoping for a scroll!) did grinding long and hard for hours to get what we have. My dragons literally leveled once, from 23 to 24, in the arena... At 100xp a pop at best. That's A TON of grinding. And it's going to be even more to get the genes for all of them, or even to get one or two gened up. But it will so be worth it, for me!
@Irime

I don't have anything else to add now, besides that this really isn't as bad as a lot of people think. The only thing that irks me is the randomness. Otherwise, I'm more or less okay with this event. :)
@Irime

I don't have anything else to add now, besides that this really isn't as bad as a lot of people think. The only thing that irks me is the randomness. Otherwise, I'm more or less okay with this event. :)
IBS0rcq.png ~commissions
~accents
~art thread
~dragons with gijinka
@Irime
Not having internet access or computer access around this season is very different to lacking it entirely. That was the point they were raising, I believe.

As for people that don't like drawing not having the skins they'd like to see... commissions exist, as do artsy friends that are kind enough to offer their skills.

The physical/medical issues are unfortunately partly because of the way the site works; repetitive clicking and very little presentation of alternatives.
(Even opening the chests one gets is repetitive clicking, since they have to be opened one by one. Apparently FR staff didn't realise the RSI risk there. Or I hope they didn't realise.)
Although on top of "wrist/finger/joint issues", 'depression + grinding + disappointment at results' is generally not a good mix either.

---

NO SUPPORT for the actual suggestion.
It heavily favours those that are able and willing to grind for ages, which not everyone is.
Maybe if the Coli' was improved (no battle animations setting! keyboard controls!) then it would be less of an issue and more people could take part?

Maybe they could design an accessible fun game for next year, and that would be how one earns chests and the like.
(The current setup favours long-time users as well, though not as heavily as the suggestion, by making it reliant on Coliseum level for grinding success.)

Or maybe they could do a roulette wheel and everyone gets 'x' number of spins and EVERY possibility is something nice (eg: a bundle of food! not a single food item) and that way they can carefully determine the rarity of items and everyone gets a fair chance so long as they log in and spin their wheel?
(Think of it like Gathering but a separate thing.)

Lots of alternatives that don't either risk messing up rarity or disadvantage portions of the userbase.
@Irime
Not having internet access or computer access around this season is very different to lacking it entirely. That was the point they were raising, I believe.

As for people that don't like drawing not having the skins they'd like to see... commissions exist, as do artsy friends that are kind enough to offer their skills.

The physical/medical issues are unfortunately partly because of the way the site works; repetitive clicking and very little presentation of alternatives.
(Even opening the chests one gets is repetitive clicking, since they have to be opened one by one. Apparently FR staff didn't realise the RSI risk there. Or I hope they didn't realise.)
Although on top of "wrist/finger/joint issues", 'depression + grinding + disappointment at results' is generally not a good mix either.

---

NO SUPPORT for the actual suggestion.
It heavily favours those that are able and willing to grind for ages, which not everyone is.
Maybe if the Coli' was improved (no battle animations setting! keyboard controls!) then it would be less of an issue and more people could take part?

Maybe they could design an accessible fun game for next year, and that would be how one earns chests and the like.
(The current setup favours long-time users as well, though not as heavily as the suggestion, by making it reliant on Coliseum level for grinding success.)

Or maybe they could do a roulette wheel and everyone gets 'x' number of spins and EVERY possibility is something nice (eg: a bundle of food! not a single food item) and that way they can carefully determine the rarity of items and everyone gets a fair chance so long as they log in and spin their wheel?
(Think of it like Gathering but a separate thing.)

Lots of alternatives that don't either risk messing up rarity or disadvantage portions of the userbase.
@susurrusparadox yes, one May commission someone for skins.. Just as someone can earn money other ways and purchase Nocturnes or eggs off the AH.

Going into a rare event and expecting All of the items as a casual player just isn't reasonable. That's true of any game. And while I agree that the Coli is particularly repetitive, so is, for example, my typing these replies on an iPad mini. However, I chose to use my time and hand/wrist strength today on the forums rather than solely on the Coli. (Yes, I have Carpal tunnel as well as family history of joint/hand issues: Mom with RA and sister with PA so I understand limitations.).

To help those AFTER the event that are still not able to obtain a Nocturne, I plan to do a breeding giveaway with some of mine. That being said, I understand the frustration of not getting what you want, but it's a game, a virtual game, and it was provided as a bonus by staff. I just don't get behind users that I have seen on other threads, complaining as if a scroll and all the familiars was their Right.
@susurrusparadox yes, one May commission someone for skins.. Just as someone can earn money other ways and purchase Nocturnes or eggs off the AH.

Going into a rare event and expecting All of the items as a casual player just isn't reasonable. That's true of any game. And while I agree that the Coli is particularly repetitive, so is, for example, my typing these replies on an iPad mini. However, I chose to use my time and hand/wrist strength today on the forums rather than solely on the Coli. (Yes, I have Carpal tunnel as well as family history of joint/hand issues: Mom with RA and sister with PA so I understand limitations.).

To help those AFTER the event that are still not able to obtain a Nocturne, I plan to do a breeding giveaway with some of mine. That being said, I understand the frustration of not getting what you want, but it's a game, a virtual game, and it was provided as a bonus by staff. I just don't get behind users that I have seen on other threads, complaining as if a scroll and all the familiars was their Right.
I don't agree with those that think a scroll is their right.
(I mean come on, that's a huge advantage and a new breed is an opportunity to enjoy the breeding projects without the market being inundated by Crystal/Facet or Iridescent/Shimmer hatchlings.)

However I do still think the event itself is a mess and involves far too much repetitive clicking.
Maybe if the chests were more rare but gave out more items.
(ie: You were guaranteed some food [more than one piece] but had a chance of other things too.)
Maybe if the Coliseum either functioned better or wasn't the primary method of obtaining chests.

(On a somewhat unrelated note, do iPad minis use a stylus? I've found the stylus takes some of the strain off when I'm using my Android tablet.
I also find the Coliseum more of a physical and mental strain than forums in general, since the motions are the same every time and it feels like such a grind; forums at least involve some mental effort to read and type responses, and aren't the same thing over and over.)

If I can actually get a second Nocturne from this event, I do plan on providing hatchlings to those that missed out and would like one.
(I have a couple of friends with Nocturnes already, so we'd be able to provide breeding pairs to people now that I think about it.)

Personally the familiars I wanted were all the Mimics and the Lightning Flight bears.
Would like some of the other bears too, but I have what I was after (asides from a second Nocturne egg).
Still don't find the event to be 'fun' though. Hopefully they improve it next year.
I don't agree with those that think a scroll is their right.
(I mean come on, that's a huge advantage and a new breed is an opportunity to enjoy the breeding projects without the market being inundated by Crystal/Facet or Iridescent/Shimmer hatchlings.)

However I do still think the event itself is a mess and involves far too much repetitive clicking.
Maybe if the chests were more rare but gave out more items.
(ie: You were guaranteed some food [more than one piece] but had a chance of other things too.)
Maybe if the Coliseum either functioned better or wasn't the primary method of obtaining chests.

(On a somewhat unrelated note, do iPad minis use a stylus? I've found the stylus takes some of the strain off when I'm using my Android tablet.
I also find the Coliseum more of a physical and mental strain than forums in general, since the motions are the same every time and it feels like such a grind; forums at least involve some mental effort to read and type responses, and aren't the same thing over and over.)

If I can actually get a second Nocturne from this event, I do plan on providing hatchlings to those that missed out and would like one.
(I have a couple of friends with Nocturnes already, so we'd be able to provide breeding pairs to people now that I think about it.)

Personally the familiars I wanted were all the Mimics and the Lightning Flight bears.
Would like some of the other bears too, but I have what I was after (asides from a second Nocturne egg).
Still don't find the event to be 'fun' though. Hopefully they improve it next year.
1 2