Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Chest drops suck. Really bad.
1 2 3 4
I think, more than anything, this shows how people dislike RNG-based events. I probably haven't opened 500 chests and yet got 4 eggs. Yet familiars evade me (luckily, I'm down to needing two fake bears and a week to go, so I think I'll manage). My big problem is that everything is wrapped up in Coli grinding. Just like every single holiday ever on FR. We grind every month for prizes. Three years into FR? Four? 40+ holidays of grinding? People are really going to hate the Coli. and the holidays as a result.

This was most apparent in the first few days when there was like 5K people trying to use the Coli and all the lag and crashes that resulted.

I'd like to see FR branch out and use all aspects of its site more for events like this. We could earn stuff for festive favors trades, swipp trades, Crim could reward prizes instead of treasure, Pink could give stuff away, forum posts could net something, FR could have "floating items," Fairgrounds could give prize bonuses etc. I'm not saying all of these, but what if they split things up? Crim would also give strange chests, players could win bears through the fairgrounds, forum posts would net food or whatnot. That would help take some of the load from the Coli and really help the people who can't even use the Coli at all. It would also help keep the event fresh and give players stuff to do besides grind. (I've taken to popping in a movie every evening and grinding mindlessly while I watch. Mindlessly being the key. Not fun, mindless.)
I think, more than anything, this shows how people dislike RNG-based events. I probably haven't opened 500 chests and yet got 4 eggs. Yet familiars evade me (luckily, I'm down to needing two fake bears and a week to go, so I think I'll manage). My big problem is that everything is wrapped up in Coli grinding. Just like every single holiday ever on FR. We grind every month for prizes. Three years into FR? Four? 40+ holidays of grinding? People are really going to hate the Coli. and the holidays as a result.

This was most apparent in the first few days when there was like 5K people trying to use the Coli and all the lag and crashes that resulted.

I'd like to see FR branch out and use all aspects of its site more for events like this. We could earn stuff for festive favors trades, swipp trades, Crim could reward prizes instead of treasure, Pink could give stuff away, forum posts could net something, FR could have "floating items," Fairgrounds could give prize bonuses etc. I'm not saying all of these, but what if they split things up? Crim would also give strange chests, players could win bears through the fairgrounds, forum posts would net food or whatnot. That would help take some of the load from the Coli and really help the people who can't even use the Coli at all. It would also help keep the event fresh and give players stuff to do besides grind. (I've taken to popping in a movie every evening and grinding mindlessly while I watch. Mindlessly being the key. Not fun, mindless.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
While I agree that distribution of WHERE chests may be acquired could be loosened up a bit, I don't think the drop rates are unreasonable. These are meant to be RARE. That means if you want one, you have to work for it.

Can't Coli? AH has loads up for 300k or less. Even if you ONLY earn through fairgrounds and not through breeding or any other means, there are tons of babies available for less than 150k, I.e. only TWO days of fairgrounds. That's not unreasonable, and as time passes and folks breed, they will drop in price.

Also, saying you flat out can't coli, short of site issues or medical issues... I don't buy it. I used a forum guide and I joined in October this year. I have two level 24s, and a lvl 22 (I leveled a couple dergs to 10 for a couple friends for coli starters.) like anything worth wanting in life, it just takes time and effort, aka Work, to get it.

Also, to continue someone's use of WoW as an analogy: there are cool items/armor/weapons in the game. Many of them are in raids. Only found in one very specific spot, off one specific boss, in a multiple person raid. So first, you have to grind to level. Then you have to gear for said dungeon/raid. After that, you get to find a group to run it that has ALSO done grinding and gearing. And then you get to run the raid and HOPE it drops. I did that shtick, and never got my Tiger mount, my Druid fire kitty staff, the raven mount, or the raptor raid mount. Does that mean that the game is unfair, because the one week cool down I couldn't go with my guild, my precious tiger mount dropped and a guild newb won the roll? No. It means it's RANDOM, and I just didn't get the dice rolls I needed to get it.

I have lost count of how many chests I have opened. Well into the thousands, at least. I have loads of familiars, and several Nocturnes, but not a scroll yet. And if I don't get one? Oh well, I will have to breed selectively to get the combo I want on a nocturne. LIKE THE GAME IS DESIGNED FOR US TO HAVE TO DO. These scrolls are a privilege, a rare gift... Not a right.
While I agree that distribution of WHERE chests may be acquired could be loosened up a bit, I don't think the drop rates are unreasonable. These are meant to be RARE. That means if you want one, you have to work for it.

Can't Coli? AH has loads up for 300k or less. Even if you ONLY earn through fairgrounds and not through breeding or any other means, there are tons of babies available for less than 150k, I.e. only TWO days of fairgrounds. That's not unreasonable, and as time passes and folks breed, they will drop in price.

Also, saying you flat out can't coli, short of site issues or medical issues... I don't buy it. I used a forum guide and I joined in October this year. I have two level 24s, and a lvl 22 (I leveled a couple dergs to 10 for a couple friends for coli starters.) like anything worth wanting in life, it just takes time and effort, aka Work, to get it.

Also, to continue someone's use of WoW as an analogy: there are cool items/armor/weapons in the game. Many of them are in raids. Only found in one very specific spot, off one specific boss, in a multiple person raid. So first, you have to grind to level. Then you have to gear for said dungeon/raid. After that, you get to find a group to run it that has ALSO done grinding and gearing. And then you get to run the raid and HOPE it drops. I did that shtick, and never got my Tiger mount, my Druid fire kitty staff, the raven mount, or the raptor raid mount. Does that mean that the game is unfair, because the one week cool down I couldn't go with my guild, my precious tiger mount dropped and a guild newb won the roll? No. It means it's RANDOM, and I just didn't get the dice rolls I needed to get it.

I have lost count of how many chests I have opened. Well into the thousands, at least. I have loads of familiars, and several Nocturnes, but not a scroll yet. And if I don't get one? Oh well, I will have to breed selectively to get the combo I want on a nocturne. LIKE THE GAME IS DESIGNED FOR US TO HAVE TO DO. These scrolls are a privilege, a rare gift... Not a right.
1 2 3 4