Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Auction House Watch
I would like to see an option to save a set of search criteria and receive notifications if a dragon matching those criteria is put up for sale in the auction house. If it is sold, a second alert would be sent, with the amount treasure/gems it sold for.

This would help finding certain colors/patterns of dragons that are rare and might be missed if you don't search for it every single day (which gets really frustrating if you have a lot of different ones you're looking for, or you check in the morning and night, etc). Also, for those selling dragons, you could see what other similar dragons have sold for.

To avoid over-taxing the servers, limit the number of watches a player may have active at a time or charge gems for the functionality or both.
I would like to see an option to save a set of search criteria and receive notifications if a dragon matching those criteria is put up for sale in the auction house. If it is sold, a second alert would be sent, with the amount treasure/gems it sold for.

This would help finding certain colors/patterns of dragons that are rare and might be missed if you don't search for it every single day (which gets really frustrating if you have a lot of different ones you're looking for, or you check in the morning and night, etc). Also, for those selling dragons, you could see what other similar dragons have sold for.

To avoid over-taxing the servers, limit the number of watches a player may have active at a time or charge gems for the functionality or both.
mwxYQwg.png
I like the first idea, if it's practical to apply. I just don't know how reasonable it is for the servers. And it might lead to some frustration if user A buys dragon X before user B gets online and sees the alert about X. If the alerts contain the dragon's ID number, it might even lead to harassment. B PMs A "How could you buy X! I've been waiting for a dragon like that for months!" or just begging "Can I please have X? It's my dream dragon."

I'm also not sure about the second half. IMO, it's not a watcher's business what a dragon sells for; that's between the seller and buyer. It just makes me a bit uncomfortable to think of a bunch of strangers stalking my sales out of curiosity.

Besides, dragon sales fluctuate so much based on demand and fads. Some users will pay a lot for a dragon that other users would never touch. So, IMO, there really shouldn't be a set rate anyway.

But at least for now we have the Sales/Wanted forum. And we can always put the specifications of a dragon we're looking for in our signatures too.
I like the first idea, if it's practical to apply. I just don't know how reasonable it is for the servers. And it might lead to some frustration if user A buys dragon X before user B gets online and sees the alert about X. If the alerts contain the dragon's ID number, it might even lead to harassment. B PMs A "How could you buy X! I've been waiting for a dragon like that for months!" or just begging "Can I please have X? It's my dream dragon."

I'm also not sure about the second half. IMO, it's not a watcher's business what a dragon sells for; that's between the seller and buyer. It just makes me a bit uncomfortable to think of a bunch of strangers stalking my sales out of curiosity.

Besides, dragon sales fluctuate so much based on demand and fads. Some users will pay a lot for a dragon that other users would never touch. So, IMO, there really shouldn't be a set rate anyway.

But at least for now we have the Sales/Wanted forum. And we can always put the specifications of a dragon we're looking for in our signatures too.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?