Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Old Art and New Art Toggle
1 2
I do not think this art update is the final version -it cannot be. The eyes are not deep enough -lack of pupil shine and shading, cartoony highlights, hard colour with little variation. Just no.

FR artists are great. Their art is pretty much flawless, so there is no chance of this being the end result. It is probably just a temporary change while they create something better, which is pretty much genius from a psychological point of view; those upset by the dead-fishstare-look of this "update" will be more likely to react in a positive way when the actual new eyes are released. This way there will be fewer moans about the final art than if they just released it straight away!
I do not think this art update is the final version -it cannot be. The eyes are not deep enough -lack of pupil shine and shading, cartoony highlights, hard colour with little variation. Just no.

FR artists are great. Their art is pretty much flawless, so there is no chance of this being the end result. It is probably just a temporary change while they create something better, which is pretty much genius from a psychological point of view; those upset by the dead-fishstare-look of this "update" will be more likely to react in a positive way when the actual new eyes are released. This way there will be fewer moans about the final art than if they just released it straight away!
66MHIIb.png
Sorry, but no support.

The fae eyes are creepy, yes, but I doubt this is the end of it, if it's even a real change. As for the rest, FR may not be in beta anymore, and yes, some people have paid real money for things that are going to change soon, but there are many sites that update and improve art on a regular basis, even for things that people paid real money for. Yeah. Shocking, I know.

But it happens because artists are constantly improving, and styles change. The plentiful breed's irishim looks really weird compared to the others, and I'm glad it's getting changed. I hope they continue to update art that's been around since the site opened. It's hard to deny that the older art looks very very very strange compared to the newer art. I'd much rather have art that always works and flows well together than art that might maybe sometimes work, but ya know it might not because some art is way older than other art and was done in a different style.

It happens on pet sites that have been around for 1 year, it happens on pet sites that have been around for 10, and everything in between. FR is no exception.

Again, sorry.
Sorry, but no support.

The fae eyes are creepy, yes, but I doubt this is the end of it, if it's even a real change. As for the rest, FR may not be in beta anymore, and yes, some people have paid real money for things that are going to change soon, but there are many sites that update and improve art on a regular basis, even for things that people paid real money for. Yeah. Shocking, I know.

But it happens because artists are constantly improving, and styles change. The plentiful breed's irishim looks really weird compared to the others, and I'm glad it's getting changed. I hope they continue to update art that's been around since the site opened. It's hard to deny that the older art looks very very very strange compared to the newer art. I'd much rather have art that always works and flows well together than art that might maybe sometimes work, but ya know it might not because some art is way older than other art and was done in a different style.

It happens on pet sites that have been around for 1 year, it happens on pet sites that have been around for 10, and everything in between. FR is no exception.

Again, sorry.
Soprano x Khrysaor
tumblr_inline_ncfm2mfPpr1qlvcbp.png
Signature by flourite at {Genuine Elegance}!
I don't think that we are really need that. Especially because progress of artists is still exist and I have no idea why people need oldest and baddest stuff for look at. Also, I think, Fae eyes are great and it well great with it's look and don't see anything wrong with them.
Also, seeing on people's pages old versions probably gonna make game artists uncomfortable and sad, they can start think that they are loses skills when they are not, because people chose old versions.
I don't think that we are really need that. Especially because progress of artists is still exist and I have no idea why people need oldest and baddest stuff for look at. Also, I think, Fae eyes are great and it well great with it's look and don't see anything wrong with them.
Also, seeing on people's pages old versions probably gonna make game artists uncomfortable and sad, they can start think that they are loses skills when they are not, because people chose old versions.
@DrakoDrako1

You might want to look at the date on the last post on these threads before you post in them. This one, the last post was in 2014.

While there isn't a no-necro rule on the suggestions forum, some of the suggestions are basically dead ones, like this.

They have a new way of doing the image generation, and I am not sure it is going to be possible to keep old art anymore as it is automatically generated.
@DrakoDrako1

You might want to look at the date on the last post on these threads before you post in them. This one, the last post was in 2014.

While there isn't a no-necro rule on the suggestions forum, some of the suggestions are basically dead ones, like this.

They have a new way of doing the image generation, and I am not sure it is going to be possible to keep old art anymore as it is automatically generated.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Gaia
A wild necro appeared!
@Gaia
A wild necro appeared!
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
@VirusBite666 In the suggestions forum it is okay to post in threads that have been inactive, as old ideas can become or remain relevant, or folk may have new additions/arguments to add :)
@VirusBite666 In the suggestions forum it is okay to post in threads that have been inactive, as old ideas can become or remain relevant, or folk may have new additions/arguments to add :)
@Gaia
it is? Ohhh.... sorry about that!
@Gaia
it is? Ohhh.... sorry about that!
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
1 2