Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Reduced Flight Change Cooldown
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Huge support. I've been contemplating moving, but I'm not sure I'd be able to handle it for 6 months if I ended up disliking the change yknow.
Huge support. I've been contemplating moving, but I'm not sure I'd be able to handle it for 6 months if I ended up disliking the change yknow.
I9uZ2ky.png
Support. 3 or 4 months would be better
Support. 3 or 4 months would be better
IJJc6Sg.png 6I84XUY.gif wXPzM1Z.gif
Support! I'm due to change Flights in November, provided I have the gems, since Fire didn't work out for me, and being stuck in this Flight for this long has been pretty boring.

I'd say three or four months is better. As others have said, half a year is way too long.
Support! I'm due to change Flights in November, provided I have the gems, since Fire didn't work out for me, and being stuck in this Flight for this long has been pretty boring.

I'd say three or four months is better. As others have said, half a year is way too long.
HUGE support. i'll never have the money to change but i'm one of those people who just never feel like they belong,and that want to wander and experience every community of this world.
HUGE support. i'll never have the money to change but i'm one of those people who just never feel like they belong,and that want to wander and experience every community of this world.
H.
I would have to say No support.

We are even lucky we have the ability to even change flights. At the beginning of site we couldn't change flights.

Six months give a great experience of a flight. Less time just lessens that.

I would have to say No support.

We are even lucky we have the ability to even change flights. At the beginning of site we couldn't change flights.

Six months give a great experience of a flight. Less time just lessens that.

support completely!

i changed flights only about a week after i joined, and although i don't plan on changing it again anytime soon, a shorter cool down would be nice.
support completely!

i changed flights only about a week after i joined, and although i don't plan on changing it again anytime soon, a shorter cool down would be nice.
HpBICfc.gif
» about me
» commissions
support, i definitely would have switched back to fire after 3 months. now it's been ~6 and i'm really indecisive.
support, i definitely would have switched back to fire after 3 months. now it's been ~6 and i'm really indecisive.
____

fr +1 | she/they
skins | adopts
xJIb1S3.png
I'd support this. It's a reasonable amount of time and if the amount is a bit of a sink as well to discourage people who'd want to flip constantly. (hence why the timeframe isn't a month or something much shorter)

If you make the amount more reasonable to make people want to wait out the cooldown (like say it is now) and make the amount for a lesser amount of time to switch be more expensive, that would also be fine. The people who want to travel endlessly are going to be the ones who either earn or buy gems to do so and making two cool downs would also allow for another small gem sink for the economy to use.

I think it may also help people who do not particularly care for their current flights (for whatever reasoning) and try to help prevent those people who would possibly just leave rather than wait out the 6-month wait stick around a little longer as well. I know I might personally be more willing to visit other flights (and thus, spend a bit of time either earning or buying gems to do so) if a smaller cool down was in place. I had a few flights that I've always been fairly curious about but a 6-month wait in-between is a long time, especially if you end up somewhere that you thought you'd like and it turns out differently.

Long story short, support for a smaller cool down that has a higher cost than the current one to offset the wait time.
I'd support this. It's a reasonable amount of time and if the amount is a bit of a sink as well to discourage people who'd want to flip constantly. (hence why the timeframe isn't a month or something much shorter)

If you make the amount more reasonable to make people want to wait out the cooldown (like say it is now) and make the amount for a lesser amount of time to switch be more expensive, that would also be fine. The people who want to travel endlessly are going to be the ones who either earn or buy gems to do so and making two cool downs would also allow for another small gem sink for the economy to use.

I think it may also help people who do not particularly care for their current flights (for whatever reasoning) and try to help prevent those people who would possibly just leave rather than wait out the 6-month wait stick around a little longer as well. I know I might personally be more willing to visit other flights (and thus, spend a bit of time either earning or buying gems to do so) if a smaller cool down was in place. I had a few flights that I've always been fairly curious about but a 6-month wait in-between is a long time, especially if you end up somewhere that you thought you'd like and it turns out differently.

Long story short, support for a smaller cool down that has a higher cost than the current one to offset the wait time.
tumblr_inline_mv3akeJbfn1r9ywrd.png
I can't think of any game mechanics that would be thrown off balance (including potential time-sensitive dominance plans) by a halved cooldown, so I support this. In special, I agree with a 3-month cooldown costing twice as many gems, which I feel would be a great way to support the site.

If someone's gameplay style involves participating a lot on the forums and being heavily involved in community/dom projects, their whole FR experience will suffer if they happen to make a bad choice out of curiosity for other flights' mechanics. :( So, instead of taking a long hiatus (and potentially not coming back after that), they could just put a bit more effort into earning/buying gems for a change.

While I agree we're lucky many of the site mechanics exist (tbh we're lucky Flightrising exists, as we all enjoy it), this doesn't mean we shouldn't offer sensible suggestions about things we believe would improve the game. Time goes on, things evolve.
I can't think of any game mechanics that would be thrown off balance (including potential time-sensitive dominance plans) by a halved cooldown, so I support this. In special, I agree with a 3-month cooldown costing twice as many gems, which I feel would be a great way to support the site.

If someone's gameplay style involves participating a lot on the forums and being heavily involved in community/dom projects, their whole FR experience will suffer if they happen to make a bad choice out of curiosity for other flights' mechanics. :( So, instead of taking a long hiatus (and potentially not coming back after that), they could just put a bit more effort into earning/buying gems for a change.

While I agree we're lucky many of the site mechanics exist (tbh we're lucky Flightrising exists, as we all enjoy it), this doesn't mean we shouldn't offer sensible suggestions about things we believe would improve the game. Time goes on, things evolve.
7irhbB2.png
@Qnyxz
but what's wrong with a smaller cooldown?
also, i don't see why bringing up the beginning of the site matters.
@Qnyxz
but what's wrong with a smaller cooldown?
also, i don't see why bringing up the beginning of the site matters.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7