Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Move the Arrange/Feed buttons slightly?
I think that the current Arrange/Feed button setup in our lair (which overlaps with the Exalt button's location on the dragon's profile) is an arrangement that encourages accidents. I'd like to suggest a small interface change that I would personally find very helpful: move the Arrange/Feed buttons slightly, so that the Feed button is not anywhere close to aligned with the Exalt button on dragon profiles or the right arrow for lair navigation.

I've accidentally clicked the "Feed" button for the following reasons:
  • Feed is quite close to the right arrow for lair navigation, which is a somewhat small arrow, and when I level a ton of exalt bait, my arm starts to shake sometimes and can cause me to misclick buttons in close proximity. (This is why I suggest moving the Arrange/Feed buttons rather than the Auction/Exalt buttons.)
  • Feed is in a very similar spot to the Exalt button, and when I'm mass-exalting fodder by opening many tabs and pressing Ctrl + W to close the tab as I continue to click the Exalt button, a slight loss of focus can cause me to hit the Feed button with muscle memory.

I have also seen people accidentally Exalt dragons when trying to feed them (although this has personally never happened to me). It seems to be such a common problem that there is currently a one-dragon-per-account return policy, where the admins will nicely restore an accidentally exalted dragon for a user once.

It is true that there is a Confirm button for Exalt; however, if multiple users have fallen victim to the same accident, it's possible that the interface design is enabling them to make that mistake. The brain is wired in certain ways, and it's not enough to place a confirmation window and assume that everyone will use it properly every single time. People are human; they make mistakes. The current button arrangement makes it easier for some people to make mistakes.

Therefore, I suggest the following change, to offset the buttons that have wildly different functions (but share the same "I click here to do this" spot) and hopefully prevent some future accidents.

From the original:

2924kuh.png

To the modified version:

14cg19x.png

A downside to this new arrangement is that the buttons would be directly above the lair page buttons, which may make misclicking easier there. If this is projected to be an issue, perhaps moving the Auction and Exalt buttons to the left (above the dragon's image in the profile) would be more desirable.
I think that the current Arrange/Feed button setup in our lair (which overlaps with the Exalt button's location on the dragon's profile) is an arrangement that encourages accidents. I'd like to suggest a small interface change that I would personally find very helpful: move the Arrange/Feed buttons slightly, so that the Feed button is not anywhere close to aligned with the Exalt button on dragon profiles or the right arrow for lair navigation.

I've accidentally clicked the "Feed" button for the following reasons:
  • Feed is quite close to the right arrow for lair navigation, which is a somewhat small arrow, and when I level a ton of exalt bait, my arm starts to shake sometimes and can cause me to misclick buttons in close proximity. (This is why I suggest moving the Arrange/Feed buttons rather than the Auction/Exalt buttons.)
  • Feed is in a very similar spot to the Exalt button, and when I'm mass-exalting fodder by opening many tabs and pressing Ctrl + W to close the tab as I continue to click the Exalt button, a slight loss of focus can cause me to hit the Feed button with muscle memory.

I have also seen people accidentally Exalt dragons when trying to feed them (although this has personally never happened to me). It seems to be such a common problem that there is currently a one-dragon-per-account return policy, where the admins will nicely restore an accidentally exalted dragon for a user once.

It is true that there is a Confirm button for Exalt; however, if multiple users have fallen victim to the same accident, it's possible that the interface design is enabling them to make that mistake. The brain is wired in certain ways, and it's not enough to place a confirmation window and assume that everyone will use it properly every single time. People are human; they make mistakes. The current button arrangement makes it easier for some people to make mistakes.

Therefore, I suggest the following change, to offset the buttons that have wildly different functions (but share the same "I click here to do this" spot) and hopefully prevent some future accidents.

From the original:

2924kuh.png

To the modified version:

14cg19x.png

A downside to this new arrangement is that the buttons would be directly above the lair page buttons, which may make misclicking easier there. If this is projected to be an issue, perhaps moving the Auction and Exalt buttons to the left (above the dragon's image in the profile) would be more desirable.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Anything that would help people not accidentally exalt would be good in my book! Support.
Anything that would help people not accidentally exalt would be good in my book! Support.
Support, a slight move really would change things ^^
Support, a slight move really would change things ^^