Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Leave the monster stats as they are
1 2
So, I have no clue if this suggestion has been around already, but yeah.

Thing is, we all have read in the updates that the coli enemies have lowered stats right now and that they should actually be higher and will be higher once Augment Stones work 100%.

I propose that this change should not happen.

I have indeed read and understood that the increase in strength for dragons is still greater than the one for monsters if stones work 100% of the time and the monsters get buffed as well. But:

1) Right now, grinding in the coli is actually sorta almost cool. At least for me, which might not mean much since I'm carpal tunnel ridden and stuff, but I can be in the Kelp Beds without my dragons getting slaughtered or me reloading the thing because of magic attack slowdown. Which is nice. I like nice things and don't want to lose them.

2) People refer to using the Coli as grinding. Everyone does. Now I'm not a native speaker, but from my understanding of the word, 'grinding' implies a repetitive and not very fun thing. That alone is enough to make you maybe think that making our lives harder again might not be a good thing. You should want to make things more fun, which you did, by making the Augment Stones work, but then taking some of that fun away again is just mean.

3) We're now all getting used to the nice strength difference. Even if everyone knows that the monster buffs are about to come, there will be complaints when it will happen. Come on, we don't need more drama. Just spare yourself listening to more complaints.

4) FR will hopefully sooner or later get another registration window. New people will obviously want to level their dragons to 25 as well. With the potion bug fixed, this has become quite a bit more expensive/harder/annoying/time-consuming - either you employ a healer dragon and level more slowly or you use three glass cannons and burn potions or reload a lot. Neither is very fun. Right now, the strength difference helps limiting the potion use when using three glass cannons a lot. Have a heart for newbies!

So yeah. That's what I can think of right now. I don't know when the actual buff will happen - like, in a month or in a year - but I figured I could toss the suggestion out here already.
So, I have no clue if this suggestion has been around already, but yeah.

Thing is, we all have read in the updates that the coli enemies have lowered stats right now and that they should actually be higher and will be higher once Augment Stones work 100%.

I propose that this change should not happen.

I have indeed read and understood that the increase in strength for dragons is still greater than the one for monsters if stones work 100% of the time and the monsters get buffed as well. But:

1) Right now, grinding in the coli is actually sorta almost cool. At least for me, which might not mean much since I'm carpal tunnel ridden and stuff, but I can be in the Kelp Beds without my dragons getting slaughtered or me reloading the thing because of magic attack slowdown. Which is nice. I like nice things and don't want to lose them.

2) People refer to using the Coli as grinding. Everyone does. Now I'm not a native speaker, but from my understanding of the word, 'grinding' implies a repetitive and not very fun thing. That alone is enough to make you maybe think that making our lives harder again might not be a good thing. You should want to make things more fun, which you did, by making the Augment Stones work, but then taking some of that fun away again is just mean.

3) We're now all getting used to the nice strength difference. Even if everyone knows that the monster buffs are about to come, there will be complaints when it will happen. Come on, we don't need more drama. Just spare yourself listening to more complaints.

4) FR will hopefully sooner or later get another registration window. New people will obviously want to level their dragons to 25 as well. With the potion bug fixed, this has become quite a bit more expensive/harder/annoying/time-consuming - either you employ a healer dragon and level more slowly or you use three glass cannons and burn potions or reload a lot. Neither is very fun. Right now, the strength difference helps limiting the potion use when using three glass cannons a lot. Have a heart for newbies!

So yeah. That's what I can think of right now. I don't know when the actual buff will happen - like, in a month or in a year - but I figured I could toss the suggestion out here already.
tumblr_nl9xvjI7se1tisuvqo2_500.png
No support. The monster stats were unallocated because stones didnt work. Now that stones do work, the stats should be allocated as intended. I can't give my support on keeping them as is just because it will be easier.

Keeping away drama is also not a reason. There will be drama no matter what the staff does. They should never base decisions on that. Otherwise the playerbase would just whine and complain whenever they wanted something and the staff would give it to them the same way a bad parent placates a screaming toddler with a shiny new toy.

Grinding is not bad, its part of most games. It's rough and repetitive, but you want the reward, you put the work in.

It's how it was intended to work. Leaving it like this, while i also have enjoyed the monster weakness, is not the right thing to do. Ideally, things will just go back to the pre-stone fix time. Which wasn't even bad in the first place.
No support. The monster stats were unallocated because stones didnt work. Now that stones do work, the stats should be allocated as intended. I can't give my support on keeping them as is just because it will be easier.

Keeping away drama is also not a reason. There will be drama no matter what the staff does. They should never base decisions on that. Otherwise the playerbase would just whine and complain whenever they wanted something and the staff would give it to them the same way a bad parent placates a screaming toddler with a shiny new toy.

Grinding is not bad, its part of most games. It's rough and repetitive, but you want the reward, you put the work in.

It's how it was intended to work. Leaving it like this, while i also have enjoyed the monster weakness, is not the right thing to do. Ideally, things will just go back to the pre-stone fix time. Which wasn't even bad in the first place.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
[quote name="EnchantingCurse" date="2014-09-04 18:26:12"]No support. The monster stats were unallocated because stones didnt work. Now that stones do work, the stats should be allocated as intended. I can't give my support on keeping them as is just because it will be easier. Keeping away drama is also not a reason. There will be drama no matter what the staff does. They should never base decisions on that. Otherwise the playerbase would just whine and complain whenever they wanted something and the staff would give it to them the same way a bad parent placates a screaming toddler with a shiny new toy. Grinding is not bad, its part of most games. It's rough and repetitive, but you want the reward, you put the work in. It's how it was intended to work. Leaving it like this, while i also have enjoyed the monster weakness, is not the right thing to do. Ideally, things will just go back to the pre-stone fix time. Which wasn't even bad in the first place.[/quote]
EnchantingCurse wrote on 2014-09-04 18:26:12:

Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
[quote name="Rhea" date="2014-09-04 18:31:09"][quote name="EnchantingCurse" date="2014-09-04 18:26:12"]No support. The monster stats were unallocated because stones didnt work. Now that stones do work, the stats should be allocated as intended. I can't give my support on keeping them as is just because it will be easier. Keeping away drama is also not a reason. There will be drama no matter what the staff does. They should never base decisions on that. Otherwise the playerbase would just whine and complain whenever they wanted something and the staff would give it to them the same way a bad parent placates a screaming toddler with a shiny new toy. Grinding is not bad, its part of most games. It's rough and repetitive, but you want the reward, you put the work in. It's how it was intended to work. Leaving it like this, while i also have enjoyed the monster weakness, is not the right thing to do. Ideally, things will just go back to the pre-stone fix time. Which wasn't even bad in the first place.[/quote][/quote]
Rhea wrote on 2014-09-04 18:31:09:

Joining the what @EnchantingCurse said party.

Also, I think any change that encourages employing a wider variety of dragon builds — like healers, tanks, and dragons built to not be total glass canons — is a good one. Things are too easy currently, in my opinion. I leveled with a healer dragon even with my glass cannon team and it was still extremely speedy, I promise.
Joining the what @EnchantingCurse said party.

Also, I think any change that encourages employing a wider variety of dragon builds — like healers, tanks, and dragons built to not be total glass canons — is a good one. Things are too easy currently, in my opinion. I leveled with a healer dragon even with my glass cannon team and it was still extremely speedy, I promise.
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
[quote name="Sniff" date="2014-09-04 19:06:01"][quote name="Rhea" date="2014-09-04 18:31:09"][quote name="EnchantingCurse" date="2014-09-04 18:26:12"]No support. The monster stats were unallocated because stones didnt work. Now that stones do work, the stats should be allocated as intended. I can't give my support on keeping them as is just because it will be easier. Keeping away drama is also not a reason. There will be drama no matter what the staff does. They should never base decisions on that. Otherwise the playerbase would just whine and complain whenever they wanted something and the staff would give it to them the same way a bad parent placates a screaming toddler with a shiny new toy. Grinding is not bad, its part of most games. It's rough and repetitive, but you want the reward, you put the work in. It's how it was intended to work. Leaving it like this, while i also have enjoyed the monster weakness, is not the right thing to do. Ideally, things will just go back to the pre-stone fix time. Which wasn't even bad in the first place.[/quote][/quote][/quote]
Sniff wrote on 2014-09-04 19:06:01:
Rhea wrote on 2014-09-04 18:31:09:

plaguebringer_banner_by_eyenoom-d6kkk4e.png
@EnchantingCurse @Rhea @Sniff @Tuberose @Noivern
Well, if everyone thinks so, then I'll just shut my mouth. I still think that the site is way too punishing to people who don't have the time or possibilities to grind for hours a day and make treasure that way and that it's better for these people that way because I am one of them. My Coatls enjoy being fed for the first time in months because 15 minutes of Coli can finally feed all my dragons, now that I have Kelp Beds possibilities making me able to not-die there and get a reasonable amount of food in that time. But if you guys like it the hard way, guess there's nothing else to add then.
@EnchantingCurse @Rhea @Sniff @Tuberose @Noivern
Well, if everyone thinks so, then I'll just shut my mouth. I still think that the site is way too punishing to people who don't have the time or possibilities to grind for hours a day and make treasure that way and that it's better for these people that way because I am one of them. My Coatls enjoy being fed for the first time in months because 15 minutes of Coli can finally feed all my dragons, now that I have Kelp Beds possibilities making me able to not-die there and get a reasonable amount of food in that time. But if you guys like it the hard way, guess there's nothing else to add then.
@Sheba
It's nothing personal, really!

I just have a great love for mage/healer dragons and want more people to know that love. :C
@Sheba
It's nothing personal, really!

I just have a great love for mage/healer dragons and want more people to know that love. :C
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
@Tuberose
I didn't take anything personally. ;) I'd love to use more mage/healer dragons myself, but they just don't do enough damage. I can only use the coli 15 mins because of health reasons, so I need the kill as fast as possible to feed my dragons. I don't even have any Vit on my glass cannons because of that sole reason. I have so many dragons who are supposed to be mages, but yeah, with 15 minutes a day, levelling is also VERY slow - I needed months to get my dragons to level 25 - so I am appreciating the current monster weakness also in terms of getting the achievement of getting ten dragons to level 20, which is hell fo me to do.

So yeah, while I get where you are coming from, I just feel like casual players are getting more and more punished on this site. I'm a "forced" casual player and given how I currently have all dragons fed, therefore my food bonus, as well as a moneymaking increase of almost 75% thanks to killing so much faster, I don't wanna go back. Treasure is hard enough to come by.
@Tuberose
I didn't take anything personally. ;) I'd love to use more mage/healer dragons myself, but they just don't do enough damage. I can only use the coli 15 mins because of health reasons, so I need the kill as fast as possible to feed my dragons. I don't even have any Vit on my glass cannons because of that sole reason. I have so many dragons who are supposed to be mages, but yeah, with 15 minutes a day, levelling is also VERY slow - I needed months to get my dragons to level 25 - so I am appreciating the current monster weakness also in terms of getting the achievement of getting ten dragons to level 20, which is hell fo me to do.

So yeah, while I get where you are coming from, I just feel like casual players are getting more and more punished on this site. I'm a "forced" casual player and given how I currently have all dragons fed, therefore my food bonus, as well as a moneymaking increase of almost 75% thanks to killing so much faster, I don't wanna go back. Treasure is hard enough to come by.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1177179&p=mb Support.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=1177179&p=mb Support.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
1 2