Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | A Place to Honor The Exalted
1 2 3
@Cockatrice Yes, yes, yes, yes... Infinite support. I think your suggestion would really fix the system. Because exaltation really isn't functioning the way it was intended to (I assume).

@Ubersaur I support your ballpark idea as well, of course. :D
@Cockatrice Yes, yes, yes, yes... Infinite support. I think your suggestion would really fix the system. Because exaltation really isn't functioning the way it was intended to (I assume).

@Ubersaur I support your ballpark idea as well, of course. :D
roses-divider.png
@cockatrice Wow! Thanks for fleshing out the idea more! I love all your suggestions!
@cockatrice Wow! Thanks for fleshing out the idea more! I love all your suggestions!
v2eTaUx.png
a24f2Oy.pngeswSnrS.pngJvUa9ma.pngFObX7rS.png
I love this idea! I always feel guilty exalting my babies, especially ones hatched from abandoned eggs, because they don't even have family I can link back to them with and they end up forgotten. Call me sentimental, but...
I love this idea! I always feel guilty exalting my babies, especially ones hatched from abandoned eggs, because they don't even have family I can link back to them with and they end up forgotten. Call me sentimental, but...
@Velyanthe: just curious, where did this talk come from? is there a conversation log or something? :o
@Velyanthe: just curious, where did this talk come from? is there a conversation log or something? :o
@Pokemon

I've seen it mentioned various times on the site. It would make sense, too--nobody owns the dragons, why give them unique images which only take up server space?
@Pokemon

I've seen it mentioned various times on the site. It would make sense, too--nobody owns the dragons, why give them unique images which only take up server space?
@Cockatrice
The only suggestion that was antagonistic was yours. I gave my opinion on the matter, and regardless of rather you think it was "helpful" or not, doesn't give you any reason to say that we're antagonizing just because we disagree. No matter what you do, SOMEONE is not going to like it. The site cant just change everything because some people don't agree that exalting is an honor. It is what it is, and thinking its something else WILL NOT change that. Heck, they're even shown on a pedestal. Why would something "dead" be on a pedestal? Pedestals are created to display important things, like precious items, or trophies, etc, things that carry great importance to the owner.

If you choose to ignore the lore, then you're going to be disapproving no matter what they do. Not to mention I pointed out a very valid point that we simply don't have the ability to handle such things on the site anyways. The servers buckle and waver every time we have a registration window. Exalting removes unnecessary data from the site and helps things stay smoother.

Before you blame others for being antagonistic, remember that your post should be reflective of your own views, not attacking others that don't agree with you.

Also, no matter how much you simplify what is shown after they are exalted, anything more than what is already there would put a massive strain on the server just because even though its just a little change, or a little more info, it happens for EVERY dragon exalted, and with thousands and thousands being sent off every dominance push, that adds up ridiculously fast.
@Cockatrice
The only suggestion that was antagonistic was yours. I gave my opinion on the matter, and regardless of rather you think it was "helpful" or not, doesn't give you any reason to say that we're antagonizing just because we disagree. No matter what you do, SOMEONE is not going to like it. The site cant just change everything because some people don't agree that exalting is an honor. It is what it is, and thinking its something else WILL NOT change that. Heck, they're even shown on a pedestal. Why would something "dead" be on a pedestal? Pedestals are created to display important things, like precious items, or trophies, etc, things that carry great importance to the owner.

If you choose to ignore the lore, then you're going to be disapproving no matter what they do. Not to mention I pointed out a very valid point that we simply don't have the ability to handle such things on the site anyways. The servers buckle and waver every time we have a registration window. Exalting removes unnecessary data from the site and helps things stay smoother.

Before you blame others for being antagonistic, remember that your post should be reflective of your own views, not attacking others that don't agree with you.

Also, no matter how much you simplify what is shown after they are exalted, anything more than what is already there would put a massive strain on the server just because even though its just a little change, or a little more info, it happens for EVERY dragon exalted, and with thousands and thousands being sent off every dominance push, that adds up ridiculously fast.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
I'm not sure, the problem here is that I think i've read that they possibly intend to have the image you see on the exalted page for each dragon eventually be a generic statue of the breed (so that they don't have to save images that are very rarely accessed - thousands and thousands of images), and it would limit them from ever being able to do that if the site expanded much larger than it is now (which they are clearly intending with the registration windows). It would take away that opportunity to ease server load.
I'm not sure, the problem here is that I think i've read that they possibly intend to have the image you see on the exalted page for each dragon eventually be a generic statue of the breed (so that they don't have to save images that are very rarely accessed - thousands and thousands of images), and it would limit them from ever being able to do that if the site expanded much larger than it is now (which they are clearly intending with the registration windows). It would take away that opportunity to ease server load.
Support what Cockatrice is saying.
Support what Cockatrice is saying.
No traveling dragons please!
Support from me, exalting does feel like killing a dragon to me which it according to lore kind of shouldn't. I'd like to see Cockatrice's suggestions on the end of pg 1 to be part of it too, I think they'd work really well.

@EnchantingCurse
I don't know what kind of background knowledge you have of server issues so I might be wrong, I'm definitely not an expert on it! As far as I know, if the servers act up only when new users are introduced, the problem isn't in the data storing but rather when the data is retrieved to be used. In other words, storing additional information shouldn't be a problem as long as the amount of people using said data (or just information retrieved generally) doesn't grow unexpectedly. This could be and would be a problem with popular features like AH search, but I don't think it would be all that big of a problem with something you only load on average once a day if even that. I don't know how individual dragon images are created and stored, but if they're made from scratch each time you load the image (like checking the breed and layering up the genes and colors) it shouldn't strain the server much more than usual. (I'm still not an expert, I very well might be wrong!)
Support from me, exalting does feel like killing a dragon to me which it according to lore kind of shouldn't. I'd like to see Cockatrice's suggestions on the end of pg 1 to be part of it too, I think they'd work really well.

@EnchantingCurse
I don't know what kind of background knowledge you have of server issues so I might be wrong, I'm definitely not an expert on it! As far as I know, if the servers act up only when new users are introduced, the problem isn't in the data storing but rather when the data is retrieved to be used. In other words, storing additional information shouldn't be a problem as long as the amount of people using said data (or just information retrieved generally) doesn't grow unexpectedly. This could be and would be a problem with popular features like AH search, but I don't think it would be all that big of a problem with something you only load on average once a day if even that. I don't know how individual dragon images are created and stored, but if they're made from scratch each time you load the image (like checking the breed and layering up the genes and colors) it shouldn't strain the server much more than usual. (I'm still not an expert, I very well might be wrong!)
fDe0xaO.png
5n4fjT3.png
XaC4BSY.png
n8S7nDd.png
No support, I've exalted hundreds of dragons and don't really want to revisit them or anything like that, so it'd be a waste of server space for people like me who exalt a bunch. I'd rather they dedicate that space to something that will be useful to everyone.
No support, I've exalted hundreds of dragons and don't really want to revisit them or anything like that, so it'd be a waste of server space for people like me who exalt a bunch. I'd rather they dedicate that space to something that will be useful to everyone.
1 2 3