Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Guild/Communal Areas
Hi! I've been through a few pages of the suggestion forum and I've yet to see this topic brought up. It's probably been addressed before but I figured I'd give it a shot and talk about it because I would really like to see some sort of guild system implemented because:
  • I have several friends who all joined FR at once (and more who plan on joining ASAP!) and it's difficult to communicate with them all at once outside of FR. Having a small group area for each guild would be great. There could be a communal comment system or a small sub-forum for each guild. Even if we could only have a max of 10 topics per guild, it might cut down on the number in FR itself. Sales, trades, studding, giveaways and more could be easily communicated between friends and trusted guildmates.
  • I've been acquainted with some really great FR members. However, outside of the way we meet (forums, trades, etc.), it's difficult to interact with them and annoying to click on all their different dragon pages or nesting grounds or what have you to see what is new with them. A simple post of "hey, my new breeding pair gave me 4 eggs!" would mean a lot.
  • Following that, some guilds may include themes! For example, a group of members all have a themed hatchery (for example: all Game of Thrones-related dragons, an all Skydancer breeders guild, etc). A cooperative guild working towards a common goal would not only help out the economy (less people doing the same thing) but would be really fun to join. Or you could just join a guild about something that you're interested in!
  • I'm sure roleplayers would be really happy about guilds.

Some features could include:
  • The comment/guild forum suggestion I made above.
  • You could have to pay to "expand" your guild, like you do with your lair. For example, if you open up a guild, it could be free or a moderate price (maybe a few thousand). When you open up your guild, you get a default amount of 10 members. The next rank would be 15 members for 20k treasure. 25 for 50k. Progressively getting more expensive. The guild could all work together to pay for the expansion and there could be a cap on the number of members, to make sure that one guild doesn't get too much traffic.
  • You could even implement some sort of "upgraded guild system" for gems (similar to that of dA's super groups) that include features like guild polls, a dragon-of-the-week feature or other fun things. As long as these upgraded features only add and do not detract from overall guild experience. Alternatively, you could not exalt dragons to your deity for money, but towards benefits for your guild.
  • And, of course, there would be the guild leader. They would have control over others and could promote to "co-leaders", lock guild forums, kick others from the guild and basically self-run. Outside of serious offenses to the rules, the FR staff would not have to get involved.

I'm sure there's plenty more to add but this is just a few reasons it might be really great. Of course, there might be some downsides. Some guilds may become clique-ish or try to buy members, but I think, overall, members of FR are smart and mature enough to handle this kind of feature with grace.

Idk, I'm getting sidetracked with a bunch of ideas. What do you guys think?
Hi! I've been through a few pages of the suggestion forum and I've yet to see this topic brought up. It's probably been addressed before but I figured I'd give it a shot and talk about it because I would really like to see some sort of guild system implemented because:
  • I have several friends who all joined FR at once (and more who plan on joining ASAP!) and it's difficult to communicate with them all at once outside of FR. Having a small group area for each guild would be great. There could be a communal comment system or a small sub-forum for each guild. Even if we could only have a max of 10 topics per guild, it might cut down on the number in FR itself. Sales, trades, studding, giveaways and more could be easily communicated between friends and trusted guildmates.
  • I've been acquainted with some really great FR members. However, outside of the way we meet (forums, trades, etc.), it's difficult to interact with them and annoying to click on all their different dragon pages or nesting grounds or what have you to see what is new with them. A simple post of "hey, my new breeding pair gave me 4 eggs!" would mean a lot.
  • Following that, some guilds may include themes! For example, a group of members all have a themed hatchery (for example: all Game of Thrones-related dragons, an all Skydancer breeders guild, etc). A cooperative guild working towards a common goal would not only help out the economy (less people doing the same thing) but would be really fun to join. Or you could just join a guild about something that you're interested in!
  • I'm sure roleplayers would be really happy about guilds.

Some features could include:
  • The comment/guild forum suggestion I made above.
  • You could have to pay to "expand" your guild, like you do with your lair. For example, if you open up a guild, it could be free or a moderate price (maybe a few thousand). When you open up your guild, you get a default amount of 10 members. The next rank would be 15 members for 20k treasure. 25 for 50k. Progressively getting more expensive. The guild could all work together to pay for the expansion and there could be a cap on the number of members, to make sure that one guild doesn't get too much traffic.
  • You could even implement some sort of "upgraded guild system" for gems (similar to that of dA's super groups) that include features like guild polls, a dragon-of-the-week feature or other fun things. As long as these upgraded features only add and do not detract from overall guild experience. Alternatively, you could not exalt dragons to your deity for money, but towards benefits for your guild.
  • And, of course, there would be the guild leader. They would have control over others and could promote to "co-leaders", lock guild forums, kick others from the guild and basically self-run. Outside of serious offenses to the rules, the FR staff would not have to get involved.

I'm sure there's plenty more to add but this is just a few reasons it might be really great. Of course, there might be some downsides. Some guilds may become clique-ish or try to buy members, but I think, overall, members of FR are smart and mature enough to handle this kind of feature with grace.

Idk, I'm getting sidetracked with a bunch of ideas. What do you guys think?
Could be cool! I'd probably get active in some Interests guilds if the right ones turned up. Seems like it might be a big drain on site resources, though - something for a distant future when things are more stable.

Edit: This could be really, really useful for the RP forum section, too, if you get a group together you want to stick with for awhile.
Could be cool! I'd probably get active in some Interests guilds if the right ones turned up. Seems like it might be a big drain on site resources, though - something for a distant future when things are more stable.

Edit: This could be really, really useful for the RP forum section, too, if you get a group together you want to stick with for awhile.
I think this would be awesome!
I think this would be awesome!
jCVhFoZ.gif
You have my support with this~
You have my support with this~