Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [ TRIPLE FORTUNE ] muad'dib coatls
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 107 108
I wasn't able to get a response in earlier, but I personally like the contact with you, the feeling of give and take, when you let us know you've created something new and we get to ooh and aaahhh over it and dash off to check our Vault for funds, and figure out if we've got a dragon for it or if we need to get a new dragon -- it's very thrilling. I like that bit of personal interaction, so I like Option 1 best and also I appreciate you summarizing all the input, and even [u]asking [/u]for the input!! I'll happily buy them however you list them, but I do like that human touch, myself, and I'll eagerly do what you've decided and btw [b]Sighthound [/b]is my beloved, just sayin' [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
I wasn't able to get a response in earlier, but I personally like the contact with you, the feeling of give and take, when you let us know you've created something new and we get to ooh and aaahhh over it and dash off to check our Vault for funds, and figure out if we've got a dragon for it or if we need to get a new dragon -- it's very thrilling. I like that bit of personal interaction, so I like Option 1 best and also I appreciate you summarizing all the input, and even asking for the input!! I'll happily buy them however you list them, but I do like that human touch, myself, and I'll eagerly do what you've decided and btw Sighthound is my beloved, just sayin'
I'm secretly stalking this thread to see when the baby coatl skin with jerboa will release. :P It's so cute and perfect for my boy's b-day dragon. :D

And while I missed your survey, I'm so glad to see that you're keeping the spreadsheet. I'm at an awkward time zone and it means I usually miss any AH releases, even if the artist reminds us with a ping that there are copies listed. Thank you.
I'm secretly stalking this thread to see when the baby coatl skin with jerboa will release. :P It's so cute and perfect for my boy's b-day dragon. :D

And while I missed your survey, I'm so glad to see that you're keeping the spreadsheet. I'm at an awkward time zone and it means I usually miss any AH releases, even if the artist reminds us with a ping that there are copies listed. Thank you.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
Hmm, in that case, I'll frame my thoughts a bit differently since you've already come to your decision on the original question. Sorry in advance for the wall of text, I don't know how to be concise ever lol.

First off, let me say that I really appreciate your efforts to avoid FOMO, because I really hate the kind of stress that comes with that. I understand why artists do limited skins, but it honestly often turns impulse purchases--things that should be fun, especially in a fun browser game--into something that leaves me with a lingering unease. I'm already well aware of how you try to support skin artists on FR, and it's really heartwarming to see you be so thoughtful about buyers as well. :) (Of course, there's often a lot of overlap between skin makers and buyers lol.)

On that note, there have been many, many times when I put myself down on a preorder list, and then after a few days change my mind because I realize I've signed up for too many skins (limited skins and FOMO don't help here), and then request to have myself removed. I would say that I did this for almost 1/3 of the skins I've signed up for in the past. That's definitely something that insta-buying on the AH can't accommodate for, even though it's convenient at other times.

My FR wallet was in a bad state after the revamp to the reprint system, to be honest. Before, I always counted on the lag between signing up and receiving skins not only to make sure I really wanted them, but also to earn enough money for them. Instant reprints are amazing and convenient, but I'm afraid that it can get a bit too much. I'm sure I'll adjust with time--but like you said, with the addition of baby skins, things are just hectic right now. But there's a part of it that can't be resolved with just getting used to it, because at the end of the day there's a finite amount of money most of us can make, anchored largely in the daily Fairgrounds cap.

So with all that said, focusing on your priorities--avoiding FOMO and being conscientious about people's virtual wallets--I would highlight several dimensions to this. First, in terms of combating uncertainty and being able to plan one's purchases in accordance with one's budget, having copies always on the AH does help for sure, because it means that people can set the goal of "once I make this much, I can buy it", with the timing of the skin's availability no longer being question. But for people who are more indecisive (like me) and need time to reflect on their purchases and make sure they really, really want the skin, a sign-up sheet affords you that time.

However, with instant reprints, even sign-up sheets no longer offer nearly as much time as they used to, which is both a pro and con. Theoretically, a skin artist who's highly active on the site could reprint and send out skins so quickly that it's not all that different from buying from the AH. Of course, we can always just let a PA sit in our notifs while we decide, so this isn't a terrible issue, but I do think it's a little more stressful. You're really nice, but I know that a lot of people might feel awkward telling you they're going to refuse a PA.

So I guess the question is, why do the people who prefer the spreadsheet system prefer it? After reading through 20 pages of responses, I'm sure you know the answer to that way better than me. But from my perspective, and given everything I discussed above, I believe it might be helpful for you to establish a specific timeline for delivering skins once runs fill. With uncertainty regarding timing gone, we can take the chance to add more structure--especially in contrast to the more loose "grab from AH" option. I think it would be a bit of a waste if you were to offer both options and for them to largely amount to the same thing and end up just having created more work for yourself. Because keeping the AH stocked is something you didn't have to do before, and with faster reprints, even if you stuck to the old system you would be technically clicking buttons more often--so, more work overall.

However, I don't think most people could give you a definite answer for when they want a skin delivered. Maybe you could see what people think and go with a rough average. Theoretically, maybe two different timings would be most convenient to buyers (like a fast track and a slow track), but that sounds like too much work for you. The AH might as well act as the "fast track" anyway. I think the use of the spreadsheet should play into its strengths (which again, will depend on why people actually prefer it, and I haven't read all the feedback like you have).

So in summary, a slower pace, I think, would benefit buyers who feel uncomfortable impulse buying, both because they need more time to be certain of their decisions and because of the drain on their wallet. But 100% assured instant reprints erase uncertainty, which paradoxically creates an awkwardness about when exactly to send out skins. If people know that they'll receive a skin in exactly, say, 2 weeks, then that can help them budget accordingly and precisely, and feel good about their decision, whereas impulse buying can leave you feeling icky even when you've bought a beautiful skin. So tl;dr if you're going to have a dual-system, I recommend making them distinct so you can really take advantage of the pros of both, rather than having nebulous areas. The clarity might ease some mental burden for you too!
Hmm, in that case, I'll frame my thoughts a bit differently since you've already come to your decision on the original question. Sorry in advance for the wall of text, I don't know how to be concise ever lol.

First off, let me say that I really appreciate your efforts to avoid FOMO, because I really hate the kind of stress that comes with that. I understand why artists do limited skins, but it honestly often turns impulse purchases--things that should be fun, especially in a fun browser game--into something that leaves me with a lingering unease. I'm already well aware of how you try to support skin artists on FR, and it's really heartwarming to see you be so thoughtful about buyers as well. :) (Of course, there's often a lot of overlap between skin makers and buyers lol.)

On that note, there have been many, many times when I put myself down on a preorder list, and then after a few days change my mind because I realize I've signed up for too many skins (limited skins and FOMO don't help here), and then request to have myself removed. I would say that I did this for almost 1/3 of the skins I've signed up for in the past. That's definitely something that insta-buying on the AH can't accommodate for, even though it's convenient at other times.

My FR wallet was in a bad state after the revamp to the reprint system, to be honest. Before, I always counted on the lag between signing up and receiving skins not only to make sure I really wanted them, but also to earn enough money for them. Instant reprints are amazing and convenient, but I'm afraid that it can get a bit too much. I'm sure I'll adjust with time--but like you said, with the addition of baby skins, things are just hectic right now. But there's a part of it that can't be resolved with just getting used to it, because at the end of the day there's a finite amount of money most of us can make, anchored largely in the daily Fairgrounds cap.

So with all that said, focusing on your priorities--avoiding FOMO and being conscientious about people's virtual wallets--I would highlight several dimensions to this. First, in terms of combating uncertainty and being able to plan one's purchases in accordance with one's budget, having copies always on the AH does help for sure, because it means that people can set the goal of "once I make this much, I can buy it", with the timing of the skin's availability no longer being question. But for people who are more indecisive (like me) and need time to reflect on their purchases and make sure they really, really want the skin, a sign-up sheet affords you that time.

However, with instant reprints, even sign-up sheets no longer offer nearly as much time as they used to, which is both a pro and con. Theoretically, a skin artist who's highly active on the site could reprint and send out skins so quickly that it's not all that different from buying from the AH. Of course, we can always just let a PA sit in our notifs while we decide, so this isn't a terrible issue, but I do think it's a little more stressful. You're really nice, but I know that a lot of people might feel awkward telling you they're going to refuse a PA.

So I guess the question is, why do the people who prefer the spreadsheet system prefer it? After reading through 20 pages of responses, I'm sure you know the answer to that way better than me. But from my perspective, and given everything I discussed above, I believe it might be helpful for you to establish a specific timeline for delivering skins once runs fill. With uncertainty regarding timing gone, we can take the chance to add more structure--especially in contrast to the more loose "grab from AH" option. I think it would be a bit of a waste if you were to offer both options and for them to largely amount to the same thing and end up just having created more work for yourself. Because keeping the AH stocked is something you didn't have to do before, and with faster reprints, even if you stuck to the old system you would be technically clicking buttons more often--so, more work overall.

However, I don't think most people could give you a definite answer for when they want a skin delivered. Maybe you could see what people think and go with a rough average. Theoretically, maybe two different timings would be most convenient to buyers (like a fast track and a slow track), but that sounds like too much work for you. The AH might as well act as the "fast track" anyway. I think the use of the spreadsheet should play into its strengths (which again, will depend on why people actually prefer it, and I haven't read all the feedback like you have).

So in summary, a slower pace, I think, would benefit buyers who feel uncomfortable impulse buying, both because they need more time to be certain of their decisions and because of the drain on their wallet. But 100% assured instant reprints erase uncertainty, which paradoxically creates an awkwardness about when exactly to send out skins. If people know that they'll receive a skin in exactly, say, 2 weeks, then that can help them budget accordingly and precisely, and feel good about their decision, whereas impulse buying can leave you feeling icky even when you've bought a beautiful skin. So tl;dr if you're going to have a dual-system, I recommend making them distinct so you can really take advantage of the pros of both, rather than having nebulous areas. The clarity might ease some mental burden for you too!
lalalalala V3FnPhO.png Tu0vcVq.png lala * Reedcleft Windflowers subspecies
* Court of Night and Shadow lineage
* The Annals of Fal'nieth lore project
@Wolfspeaker
Really good summary of what I was thinking! I don't mind a longer response. I believe you're onto something there with the fast and slow track options. I don't want to give myself a concrete deadline for when I should send out PAs on my sheet. Most people seem to like the idea of waiting for at least a week from signups - because they're used to the old reprint system, and because they get a chance to grind for funds that way. So setting aside the time to send out the spreadsheet reprints once a week, maybe on Fridays, was my plan. I'm glad this is kind of what you've picked up on too.

@hat17
The darker color, the one currently on site? I'll send you a PA if you promise to show me...
@Wolfspeaker
Really good summary of what I was thinking! I don't mind a longer response. I believe you're onto something there with the fast and slow track options. I don't want to give myself a concrete deadline for when I should send out PAs on my sheet. Most people seem to like the idea of waiting for at least a week from signups - because they're used to the old reprint system, and because they get a chance to grind for funds that way. So setting aside the time to send out the spreadsheet reprints once a week, maybe on Fridays, was my plan. I'm glad this is kind of what you've picked up on too.

@hat17
The darker color, the one currently on site? I'll send you a PA if you promise to show me...
Gb36TXO.png    
I only scanned the replies so I may have missed someone saying the same idea- but one reason I like AH listings is that I know I have the gems right now if I manage to buy it, and I know the artist now has profit! The artist doesn't have to wait for the slot to get filled, then to list it, then I pick it up, then they get the gems. And by taking the AH slot, I might be funding another print run.

I think spreadsheets also have a great benefit for people who offer treasure slots, since AH treasure listings have the AH tax. You know who to send PAs to with a spreadsheet.
I only scanned the replies so I may have missed someone saying the same idea- but one reason I like AH listings is that I know I have the gems right now if I manage to buy it, and I know the artist now has profit! The artist doesn't have to wait for the slot to get filled, then to list it, then I pick it up, then they get the gems. And by taking the AH slot, I might be funding another print run.

I think spreadsheets also have a great benefit for people who offer treasure slots, since AH treasure listings have the AH tax. You know who to send PAs to with a spreadsheet.
FR+3
I am thankful for all who replied. I opened up the notification, saw the BEAUTIFUL COATL BABIES and... I am just too new at FR to actually form an opinion, so... go 20-page team! uwu I wanted to share my darlings: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94083710][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/940838/94083710_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/95327223][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/953273/95327223_350.png[/img][/url] THIS GIRL? I browsed the AH just to find the perfect fit. I really like your style @888 QAQ[emoji=familiar heart size=1]
I am thankful for all who replied. I opened up the notification, saw the BEAUTIFUL COATL BABIES and... I am just too new at FR to actually form an opinion, so... go 20-page team! uwu

I wanted to share my darlings:
94083710_350.png

95327223_350.png
THIS GIRL? I browsed the AH just to find the perfect fit.

I really like your style @888 QAQ
Potted Peacevine
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out til too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".
Terry Pratchett
I missed this whole conversation but I am comfortable with both AH listings and sign-up sheets! As an indecisive person who goes through my daily pings and then stews on the ones I'm considering for at least a few days, sign up sheets are usually what I prefer, but there have also been a few accents here and there that I've just bought straight from the AH because I ended up waiting too long to preorder. As long as the AH accents aren't set to a limited quantity it's all good!

Also, as someone who is still sorting out the permabab accents I want to order I want to say that your Dune coatl design was immediately put at the top of my list and I am so excited to get my hands on it *^* I hope there will be a final release with the little Muad'dib included and not just the mouseless one currently available on-site? Either way I'll be buying it as soon as humanly possible lol
I missed this whole conversation but I am comfortable with both AH listings and sign-up sheets! As an indecisive person who goes through my daily pings and then stews on the ones I'm considering for at least a few days, sign up sheets are usually what I prefer, but there have also been a few accents here and there that I've just bought straight from the AH because I ended up waiting too long to preorder. As long as the AH accents aren't set to a limited quantity it's all good!

Also, as someone who is still sorting out the permabab accents I want to order I want to say that your Dune coatl design was immediately put at the top of my list and I am so excited to get my hands on it *^* I hope there will be a final release with the little Muad'dib included and not just the mouseless one currently available on-site? Either way I'll be buying it as soon as humanly possible lol
n2Yio0g.png
OMG Did I really get picked? That's so amazing I never thought I would be chosen I would love to get the new Coatl Fox skin, if it's possible to get a skin that hasn't been released yet. It's so adorable [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51042182][img]https://i.imgur.com/JgcoOwA.png[/img][/url] Maybe this guy will wear it It'll cover up his beautiful genes a bit, but it looks good on him, don't you think? The fox in Water Primals is really beautiful If you have to choose from the released skins, please mention me! I'll probably have to count which ones I didn't buy.
OMG
Did I really get picked?
That's so amazing
I never thought I would be chosen
I would love to get the new Coatl Fox skin, if it's possible to get a skin that hasn't been released yet.
It's so adorable

JgcoOwA.png
Maybe this guy will wear it
It'll cover up his beautiful genes a bit, but it looks good on him, don't you think?
The fox in Water Primals is really beautiful

If you have to choose from the released skins, please mention me!
I'll probably have to count which ones I didn't buy.
I also missed the conversation ping but I prefer sign-ups and Private Auctions to AH listings personally.

also if you ever make a baby tiger hatchling skin I will sell you my soul for it.
I also missed the conversation ping but I prefer sign-ups and Private Auctions to AH listings personally.

also if you ever make a baby tiger hatchling skin I will sell you my soul for it.
PSojku2.gifG9XvqXb.gifbWUZhOx.gif4IOVVSW.gifSGoOc5w.gif
@888 Definitely! I love to show my babies around anyway. The only reason I don't do it often is that I have too many. LOL. edit: Thank you!! Here he is! The b-day baby of my boy. Isn't he perfect? :D [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50439028][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/504391/50439028_350.png[/img][/url]
@888
Definitely! I love to show my babies around anyway. The only reason I don't do it often is that I have too many. LOL.

edit:
Thank you!! Here he is! The b-day baby of my boy. Isn't he perfect? :D

50439028_350.png
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 107 108