Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Wavecrest Accent/feedback?
[center][b]I'm subbed, no need to ping[/b][/center] I've submitted accents to the last two festivals that didn't make it in but got "honorable mentions" (let me know if you want to see what they were :p). I did those like a week before the deadline so they were kinda rushed and I understand why they didn't make the final cut... This month however, I've decided to start earlier and spend more than one drawing session to make an accent lol! This is gonna be a thread where I post updates and progress to my Wavecrest Saturnalia 2018 accent and can get some ideas on how to improve it/make it the best it can be etc. Here's my first drawing session! [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/85b5/f/2018/100/f/3/cove_accent_preview_by_julycandraw-dc8h6hw.png[/img] Let me know your thoughts and such! Tbh my biggest worry is that it's not Water-flight/Flight Rising *enough*.. My past two accents were based on Fr items that exist and this month I just wanted to make something pretty so.. I hope it's on theme enough!! There's retired Pirate apparel so I guess that means dragons use boats! I don't think they could fly for that long over the sea to deliver cargo and whatnot so?? [i]Dragons using/not using Ships [/i]debate that in this thread too if you wanna haha
I'm subbed, no need to ping
I've submitted accents to the last two festivals that didn't make it in but got "honorable mentions" (let me know if you want to see what they were :p). I did those like a week before the deadline so they were kinda rushed and I understand why they didn't make the final cut...

This month however, I've decided to start earlier and spend more than one drawing session to make an accent lol! This is gonna be a thread where I post updates and progress to my Wavecrest Saturnalia 2018 accent and can get some ideas on how to improve it/make it the best it can be etc.

Here's my first drawing session!
cove_accent_preview_by_julycandraw-dc8h6hw.png

Let me know your thoughts and such! Tbh my biggest worry is that it's not Water-flight/Flight Rising *enough*.. My past two accents were based on Fr items that exist and this month I just wanted to make something pretty so.. I hope it's on theme enough!!

There's retired Pirate apparel so I guess that means dragons use boats! I don't think they could fly for that long over the sea to deliver cargo and whatnot so??

Dragons using/not using Ships debate that in this thread too if you wanna haha
rKk4g3H.jpg
oh my goodness this is so good already!!

i absolutely love the idea of this design. there clearly aren't enough ship-themed accents on this site and there never will be.

as for suggestions, i think it would be cooler with some ship-ish apparel, like ropes draping over the body, or maybe some barnacles?

if it doesn't win, i would love to possibly buy a copy!
oh my goodness this is so good already!!

i absolutely love the idea of this design. there clearly aren't enough ship-themed accents on this site and there never will be.

as for suggestions, i think it would be cooler with some ship-ish apparel, like ropes draping over the body, or maybe some barnacles?

if it doesn't win, i would love to possibly buy a copy!
looking for art of my oc!
ART SHOP
ACCENT AND SKIN SHOP (STUDIO MOONGAZE)
TUMBLR
@cosmicConundrum
I was trying to think of what to add as decoration to the body because jewelry/silks are pretty, but not really fitting- Ship themed decor is P E R F E C T. I love the idea of adding ropes and maybe some tattered fabric to look like a sail and barnacles/maybe some kelp? !

My original idea was to make it Venus painting themed with seashells and kind of a renaissance/rococo vibe, but I ended up kind of with this spooky lagoon feeling which I really like too! (Maybe if I have enough time I'll do a seashell accent too but this one is too good to scrap so I'm gonna finish it first).

If it doesn't make it into the festival skins I'll totally print some copies and use my profits to buy some pirate apparel haha
@cosmicConundrum
I was trying to think of what to add as decoration to the body because jewelry/silks are pretty, but not really fitting- Ship themed decor is P E R F E C T. I love the idea of adding ropes and maybe some tattered fabric to look like a sail and barnacles/maybe some kelp? !

My original idea was to make it Venus painting themed with seashells and kind of a renaissance/rococo vibe, but I ended up kind of with this spooky lagoon feeling which I really like too! (Maybe if I have enough time I'll do a seashell accent too but this one is too good to scrap so I'm gonna finish it first).

If it doesn't make it into the festival skins I'll totally print some copies and use my profits to buy some pirate apparel haha
rKk4g3H.jpg
@ivoryandgold
I think it looks really interesting so far and has sone potential! :)
I totally agree- kelp should be present in the skin/accent.
Some other interesting things are:
seafoam
lights(shining through the water surface down)
octopus
corals
water droplets
@ivoryandgold
I think it looks really interesting so far and has sone potential! :)
I totally agree- kelp should be present in the skin/accent.
Some other interesting things are:
seafoam
lights(shining through the water surface down)
octopus
corals
water droplets
uQGht2s.png