Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | The Forgeborne Sisters
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page
[quote name="Undel" date="2013-06-07 11:00:49" url="main.php?p=mb&board=skin&page=1&id=17109#20700"]These skins are so pretty! I'm sure you can still make them work. The two rules violations I see are the smoke, which obscures the line art, and the glows, which do not glow a darker shade. [img]http://i.imgur.com/5S5rPmY.png[/img] If you still have an intact layered file, these should be pretty easy to make work. If they've been flattened, here's a trick: [LIST] [*]Take the line art from a blank skin file. [*]Line it up exactly over your dragon. [*]Keep the layer locked and airbrush the lines over the glows a slightly darker shade by hand. [*]Erase out the extra linework that you don't need. [/LIST] OR [LIST] [*]Take the line art from a blank skin file. [*]Line it up exactly over your dragon. [*]Duplicate the layer with your colored dragon. [*]Drag the duplicated color up over the linework and make a layer sammich, with colors --- lines ---- colors [*]Apply a clipping mask to clip the top colors with the line art with ctrl+alt+g [*]Then go into hue saturation and take the value of the clipped colors down, and the saturation up. There should now be darker copies of the lines on your dragon. [*]Erase out the extra linework that you don't need. [/LIST] Our apologies for the rules update and clarification coming up a bit too late. Hopefully they can make future skin creation rules a bit more clear. [/quote] Omg Jessica you're a lifesaver. Sweet baby jesus. (I also learned a lot of PS tricks from your post alone, thanks so much. >v<) I'm going to edit the skins now, and post them asap. And it's okay, I'm just glad these skins can be saved <333 EDIT: here's an edited one http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/MDCleo100/afeafea.png is it alright now? :>
These skins are so pretty! I&#039;m sure you can still make them work. The two rules violations I see are the smoke, which obscures the line art, and the glows, which do not glow a darker shade.

5S5rPmY.png

If you still have an intact layered file, these should be pretty easy to make work. If they&#039;ve been flattened, here&#039;s a trick:
  • Take the line art from a blank skin file.
  • Line it up exactly over your dragon.
  • Keep the layer locked and airbrush the lines over the glows a slightly darker shade by hand.
  • Erase out the extra linework that you don&#039;t need.

OR
  • Take the line art from a blank skin file.
  • Line it up exactly over your dragon.
  • Duplicate the layer with your colored dragon.
  • Drag the duplicated color up over the linework and make a layer sammich, with colors --- lines ---- colors
  • Apply a clipping mask to clip the top colors with the line art with ctrl+alt+g
  • Then go into hue saturation and take the value of the clipped colors down, and the saturation up. There should now be darker copies of the lines on your dragon.
  • Erase out the extra linework that you don&#039;t need.

Our apologies for the rules update and clarification coming up a bit too late. Hopefully they can make future skin creation rules a bit more clear.

Omg Jessica you&#039;re a lifesaver. Sweet baby jesus.
(I also learned a lot of PS tricks from your post alone, thanks so much. >v<)

I&#039;m going to edit the skins now, and post them asap.

And it&#039;s okay, I&#039;m just glad these skins can be saved <333

EDIT: here&#039;s an edited one
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af20/MDCleo100/afeafea.png

is it alright now? :>
vpuvys.gif
bump
bump
vpuvys.gif
bump...
bump...
vpuvys.gif
bump :/
bump :/
vpuvys.gif
These are truly amazing. I don&#039;t have much treasure yet, but once I&#039;ve established my clan here, I fully intend to come to you as a customer.

Do you have ideas for any other skins/accents? I really like your work on these.
These are truly amazing. I don&#039;t have much treasure yet, but once I&#039;ve established my clan here, I fully intend to come to you as a customer.

Do you have ideas for any other skins/accents? I really like your work on these.
tumblr_inline_nk71b0gf1I1qg2i5p.png
[quote name="velociriah" date="2013-06-12 04:33:57" url="main.php?p=mb&board=skin&page=1&id=17109#49661"]These are truly amazing. I don't have much treasure yet, but once I've established my clan here, I fully intend to come to you as a customer. Do you have ideas for any other skins/accents? I really like your work on these.[/quote] I do, and I think I'll make a proper shop soon :3 Also, thanks <333

I do, and I think I&#039;ll make a proper shop soon :3

Also, thanks <333
vpuvys.gif
These skins are beautiful. <3
I love every bit of detail. c:
These skins are beautiful. <3
I love every bit of detail. c:
44252938.png917586.png330246.png48973078.png45390361.png
Go to previous page
Go to page 1 Currently on page 2
Go to next page