Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Could I get some help with skin making?
Currently trying to make a skin (for private use) and having trouble getting the shimmer/iridescent highlights since I don't really have access to a tablet besides an old one that doesn't work all that well (and that I'm not used to anyways so using it is awkward) So I was wondering if anyone who has made skins for male spirals has made a layer with highlights like that, or just similar, and wouldn't mind me using it for mine. I'm going to be turning one of my dragons into a spiral later on with those genes and would still like something like that in the custom skin I'm making Even with using the pen tool it's being a pain and not wanting to cooperate right Or even if someone knows where to find files for that kind of thing (I just need the highlights, color effects I don't care about and can get done myself), or would be willing to draw up a psd layer with highlight effects for a male spiral that wonderful and save me a ton of frustration (And if you'd like I could pay you for the time/use too. Would be an iou until I get hatchlings to sell/build up my treasure again, but I will get it to you) And if anyone was curious [img]http://media.tumblr.com/25dd01d0f1853538bd75c2d565c077df/tumblr_inline_mp0qhmi2R51qz4rgp.png[/img]
Currently trying to make a skin (for private use) and having trouble getting the shimmer/iridescent highlights since I don't really have access to a tablet besides an old one that doesn't work all that well (and that I'm not used to anyways so using it is awkward)
So I was wondering if anyone who has made skins for male spirals has made a layer with highlights like that, or just similar, and wouldn't mind me using it for mine.
I'm going to be turning one of my dragons into a spiral later on with those genes and would still like something like that in the custom skin I'm making
Even with using the pen tool it's being a pain and not wanting to cooperate right

Or even if someone knows where to find files for that kind of thing (I just need the highlights, color effects I don't care about and can get done myself), or would be willing to draw up a psd layer with highlight effects for a male spiral that wonderful and save me a ton of frustration (And if you'd like I could pay you for the time/use too. Would be an iou until I get hatchlings to sell/build up my treasure again, but I will get it to you)

And if anyone was curious
tumblr_inline_mp0qhmi2R51qz4rgp.png
I know this is a bit late; but if you'd still like to keep the 'natural' shimmer gene from your dragons, you could always leave the wings transparent and let the dragon underneath show through. Saves you a lot of work!

It'd probably be best to do the transparency on the 'accent' layer, instead of erasing the wings and such by hand. When you're done with the skin, just paste all of the right layers where an accent would go, toggle off the skin layers and see if you've got it :3! Hope that helps~
I know this is a bit late; but if you'd still like to keep the 'natural' shimmer gene from your dragons, you could always leave the wings transparent and let the dragon underneath show through. Saves you a lot of work!

It'd probably be best to do the transparency on the 'accent' layer, instead of erasing the wings and such by hand. When you're done with the skin, just paste all of the right layers where an accent would go, toggle off the skin layers and see if you've got it :3! Hope that helps~
Clan Lore | Clan Gallery | Art Blog | FR Blog9eeae65bbff59dbbc51fbb14e63503493b3f830e.png
@StarrySeas Damn, I was afraid of that, because I wanted different colors for the wings than what the orange gets with the shimmer :( (More orange and yellow, without the pinks and greens) [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/32068_350.png[/img] Thanks though
@StarrySeas Damn, I was afraid of that, because I wanted different colors for the wings than what the orange gets with the shimmer :( (More orange and yellow, without the pinks and greens)

32068_350.png

Thanks though
@Kalooeh - Yeah that was just the easiest way. I could help make a shiny template for you though <3! I&#039;ll contact you again when I&#039;m at home ^^
@Kalooeh - Yeah that was just the easiest way. I could help make a shiny template for you though <3! I&#039;ll contact you again when I&#039;m at home ^^
Clan Lore | Clan Gallery | Art Blog | FR Blog9eeae65bbff59dbbc51fbb14e63503493b3f830e.png
@StarrySeas Ok thank you :D
I&#039;ve been attempting it, but didn&#039;t get all that far before I had to go to sleep (I only get about 3-4 hours after work before I have to because I have to get up so early) and now would be even more helpful since I ended up hurting my wrist )(at work. Oh joy) so there&#039;s not a whole lot of arting I can do at the moment D:
@StarrySeas Ok thank you :D
I&#039;ve been attempting it, but didn&#039;t get all that far before I had to go to sleep (I only get about 3-4 hours after work before I have to because I have to get up so early) and now would be even more helpful since I ended up hurting my wrist )(at work. Oh joy) so there&#039;s not a whole lot of arting I can do at the moment D: