Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Riot of Rot Skins Discussion
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 85 86
So, I'm not Mexican myself but I'm a little uncomfortable with anyone not Mexican doing those Dia de Los Muertos-style sugar skull designs.......I absolutely love designs that incorporate skulls but when you're going for sugar skulls it's cultural appropriation, and there are at least six submissions drawing on El Dia de Los Muertos.
So, I'm not Mexican myself but I'm a little uncomfortable with anyone not Mexican doing those Dia de Los Muertos-style sugar skull designs.......I absolutely love designs that incorporate skulls but when you're going for sugar skulls it's cultural appropriation, and there are at least six submissions drawing on El Dia de Los Muertos.
@Daikenki

I really like the design! In some ways it makes a change from the other plague stuff on the other hand it's not really suited to the plague theme.

I think it would look real cool modified into an accent!
@Daikenki

I really like the design! In some ways it makes a change from the other plague stuff on the other hand it's not really suited to the plague theme.

I think it would look real cool modified into an accent!
insert funny joke here
[quote]'Plague rat' Not finished fully finished yet but feedback is appreciated! [img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/904/1bcVvf.png[/img][/quote] Finished my plague rat! (I prefer my accent submission but this was fun to make anyway) [img]http://imageshack.com/a/img537/6195/TcxX9O.png[/img]
Quote:
'Plague rat'

Not finished fully finished yet but feedback is appreciated!

1bcVvf.png

Finished my plague rat!
(I prefer my accent submission but this was fun to make anyway)
TcxX9O.png
insert funny joke here
@karlo

Your submission just shot to the top of my want list for the skins! Gorgeous execution.
@karlo

Your submission just shot to the top of my want list for the skins! Gorgeous execution.
@freckledzombie

The wonderful thing about the internet is it allows people to share and celebrate other cultures. If there is someone who is actually offended by someone using inspiration from their own culture, I'm sure they'll speak up.

It's important to keep a cross-cultural view in mind when on the internet, because many times different cultures share similarities and by telling someone not to use something from one culture, you may inadvertently be telling them you don't think it's ok to celebrate their own culture which shares those traits.

That said, there are so many beautiful submissions this holiday! I can't wait to see who wins and I wish everyone the best of luck! Stay creative, you awesome skin-makers you :)
@freckledzombie

The wonderful thing about the internet is it allows people to share and celebrate other cultures. If there is someone who is actually offended by someone using inspiration from their own culture, I'm sure they'll speak up.

It's important to keep a cross-cultural view in mind when on the internet, because many times different cultures share similarities and by telling someone not to use something from one culture, you may inadvertently be telling them you don't think it's ok to celebrate their own culture which shares those traits.

That said, there are so many beautiful submissions this holiday! I can't wait to see who wins and I wish everyone the best of luck! Stay creative, you awesome skin-makers you :)
2 hours ahead of FR time. Frogs are too cute to eat! Send them to me instead :)
My Shop!
Banded Dart Frog VQf5rSC.png
@Synchros You have the best mushroom based skin I've seen yet! I would love to have a copy regardless of if it wins or not :) [quote name="Synchros" date="2014-10-18 22:36:36"] [center][img]https://38.media.tumblr.com/bae79d8b0366f683d884fd5dc0cffcf0/tumblr_ndoego8LdX1t3tsevo1_r1_400.png[/img] [/quote]
@Synchros

You have the best mushroom based skin I've seen yet! I would love to have a copy regardless of if it wins or not :)
Quote:
tumblr_ndoego8LdX1t3tsevo1_r1_400.png
2 hours ahead of FR time. Frogs are too cute to eat! Send them to me instead :)
My Shop!
Banded Dart Frog VQf5rSC.png
I just posted my own entry in the forum and I gotta say I'm pretty nervous that I did something wrong. Is it bad that I had a preview plague eye in my image? I've never done this before haha.... Here it is for reference [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/b04d9d81001faba5bf2b205ac53d3f10/tumblr_inline_ndq1jzkQPs1rb3zfu.png[/img] Should I have left the grey flat eye instead?
I just posted my own entry in the forum and I gotta say I'm pretty nervous that I did something wrong. Is it bad that I had a preview plague eye in my image? I've never done this before haha....

Here it is for reference
tumblr_inline_ndq1jzkQPs1rb3zfu.png

Should I have left the grey flat eye instead?
coppercoilcreeper_zpsuw9bo4ed.gifnight_sky1_by_croatiahetalia-dcb33cb.pnglight_shield_by_starkindlerstudio-dajun8p.pngnight_sky2_by_croatiahetalia-dcb33ck.pngMantarune_zpsidz7d320.gif
@SophieDevlin

plz dont post comments on the submissions page post them here
@SophieDevlin

plz dont post comments on the submissions page post them here
FC: 0232-8823-3162 Name: Kat
Version: X, Y, Alpha Sapphire
Vivillion Pattern: High Plains Pattern
Safari : Fairy - Swirlix, Togepi and Floette
@Akihiko Dark Advent is a nice skin! :) Although if I may... Could you perhaps lighten the dark colors and their blends? It comes to a point where the line art is almost barely recognizeable, especially in the Ridgeback's mouth.

Though that may just be me. >.>
@Akihiko Dark Advent is a nice skin! :) Although if I may... Could you perhaps lighten the dark colors and their blends? It comes to a point where the line art is almost barely recognizeable, especially in the Ridgeback's mouth.

Though that may just be me. >.>
Cursed Die
Hi, I'm Steffon.

Saving up: 1,830/7,000 G
- 11 * (530 - 250) = 3,080 G
- Accent Blueprint (10) + Accent Blueprint = 3,500 G
Projects
God-Emperor
Taran's wondrous figurines
Hestia's brood
Guild Wars 2 fandragons
gMDuKVs.png