Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Audacity [closed]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76
Courtny was curled up in the furthest corner of his small cage. His wings were wrapped around him, trying to stay warm in the chilly lab. It didn't help much, and he ached from shivering for so long.

He didn't move when they dragged out the body from the cage next to his. But he did watch. His slanted red eyes, staring unblinking at the white coated scientists. He wasn't the only one either. Razor, or what ever he called himself, seemed conscious too.

Once the scientists had moved away, Courtny shuffled to the front of the cage. He hooked the stubby little claws that used to be his thumbs, through the bars, and peered out. Being comparatively tiny, he fit better into his cage, but really it didn't help much. He was mildly surprised that they hadn't moved him into an even tinier crate out of spite.
Courtny was curled up in the furthest corner of his small cage. His wings were wrapped around him, trying to stay warm in the chilly lab. It didn't help much, and he ached from shivering for so long.

He didn't move when they dragged out the body from the cage next to his. But he did watch. His slanted red eyes, staring unblinking at the white coated scientists. He wasn't the only one either. Razor, or what ever he called himself, seemed conscious too.

Once the scientists had moved away, Courtny shuffled to the front of the cage. He hooked the stubby little claws that used to be his thumbs, through the bars, and peered out. Being comparatively tiny, he fit better into his cage, but really it didn't help much. He was mildly surprised that they hadn't moved him into an even tinier crate out of spite.
badge1mini_zps7904d69e.png
Razor turned to the Fae, narrowing his eyes. He was tiny- even shrivelled. Razor couldn't help but question why he wasn't dead yet. The Fae-hybrid pressed his head to the glass, looking like some disgusting blob from the reflection. The Guardian-hybrid gazed back at the boy, with a mixture of curiosity and contempt. "What the hell are you doing," he snapped at the boy at last.

The tubes on his back rattled with his voice, connected to his spine in a straight line. All the hybrids had the same tubes on them. He snapped back, waiting for an answer.
Razor turned to the Fae, narrowing his eyes. He was tiny- even shrivelled. Razor couldn't help but question why he wasn't dead yet. The Fae-hybrid pressed his head to the glass, looking like some disgusting blob from the reflection. The Guardian-hybrid gazed back at the boy, with a mixture of curiosity and contempt. "What the hell are you doing," he snapped at the boy at last.

The tubes on his back rattled with his voice, connected to his spine in a straight line. All the hybrids had the same tubes on them. He snapped back, waiting for an answer.

Courtny blinked, not answering at first. After a moment, he took a deep breath, then pressed his open mouth to the glass and blew hard. He fogged up the glass, his needle sharp teeth showing, and his tongue pressing against the front.

After a moment he sat back, swallowing down a grin and pulling his knees up to his chest. Razor could be an *******, but some company was better than none.

Courtny blinked, not answering at first. After a moment, he took a deep breath, then pressed his open mouth to the glass and blew hard. He fogged up the glass, his needle sharp teeth showing, and his tongue pressing against the front.

After a moment he sat back, swallowing down a grin and pulling his knees up to his chest. Razor could be an *******, but some company was better than none.
The boy was fogging up the glass? Razor couldn't help but roll his eyes. He reached a chained hand onto the glass, tapping it. He then saw a distorted face appear, with sharp teeth and a tongue. Razor stifled a chuckle- he almost resembled a smooshed insect that had flown into the glass, with all its guts here and there. After that, the boy seemed to disappeared. The fog cleared, and from the slush he could make out his silhouette. Razor stared and stared, waiting for a response.

"What the- hey! You know it's rude not to respond to people?" he shouted. None of the scientists heard anything- to them it was a muffled series of shouts from behind their closed doors.
The boy was fogging up the glass? Razor couldn't help but roll his eyes. He reached a chained hand onto the glass, tapping it. He then saw a distorted face appear, with sharp teeth and a tongue. Razor stifled a chuckle- he almost resembled a smooshed insect that had flown into the glass, with all its guts here and there. After that, the boy seemed to disappeared. The fog cleared, and from the slush he could make out his silhouette. Razor stared and stared, waiting for a response.

"What the- hey! You know it's rude not to respond to people?" he shouted. None of the scientists heard anything- to them it was a muffled series of shouts from behind their closed doors.

He did not in fact know it was rude. Courtny had been in the cage so long, he'd forgotten everything. And he suspected that Razor didn't know either, and was just running at the mouth. As he was want to do.

Courtny narrowed his red eyes at the taller boy, and then stuck out his long pink tongue for a moment.

"Why?" He asked, his voice a rough croak, rusty with disuse.

He did not in fact know it was rude. Courtny had been in the cage so long, he'd forgotten everything. And he suspected that Razor didn't know either, and was just running at the mouth. As he was want to do.

Courtny narrowed his red eyes at the taller boy, and then stuck out his long pink tongue for a moment.

"Why?" He asked, his voice a rough croak, rusty with disuse.
"What do you mean 'why'? My last partner died, and I've been itching for someone to talk to," He stared at the pink tongue, before flicking out a black forked one in response. "Eww. Tell me another reason why I hate this place. Even my tongue looks like a frog's. Disgusting. It's been 3 years but I'm still not used to it."

Some food dropped in from a hole above the glass cage, into the laps of Courtny, Razor and all the other hybrids. Razor stared mournfully at the half loaf of bread, along with a chicken drumstick. "Ugh. I'd trade you some food if not because if I moved a bit more these tubes will rip my spine out."

((Bed. I'll continue tomorrow xD))
"What do you mean 'why'? My last partner died, and I've been itching for someone to talk to," He stared at the pink tongue, before flicking out a black forked one in response. "Eww. Tell me another reason why I hate this place. Even my tongue looks like a frog's. Disgusting. It's been 3 years but I'm still not used to it."

Some food dropped in from a hole above the glass cage, into the laps of Courtny, Razor and all the other hybrids. Razor stared mournfully at the half loaf of bread, along with a chicken drumstick. "Ugh. I'd trade you some food if not because if I moved a bit more these tubes will rip my spine out."

((Bed. I'll continue tomorrow xD))

The chicken was cold and greasy. Courtny had watched more than one hybrid kill themselves from choking on the bones. That never effected the menu though. He set the bread to the side, saving it for later, and started to gnaw at the stringy meat. It was tasteless and slimy, but Courtny wasn't about to turn his nose up at it.

"Partner?" He mused, arching one eyebrow. He didn't think he'd ever had one. Not that anyone had said. It must not be a big deal, if Razor wasn't too torn up about it. Court shifted and winced, biting his lip. He'd jarred the tubes, making them pull and press on his back painfully. They worked better than any shackle could, at keeping all the hybrids under control.

The chicken was cold and greasy. Courtny had watched more than one hybrid kill themselves from choking on the bones. That never effected the menu though. He set the bread to the side, saving it for later, and started to gnaw at the stringy meat. It was tasteless and slimy, but Courtny wasn't about to turn his nose up at it.

"Partner?" He mused, arching one eyebrow. He didn't think he'd ever had one. Not that anyone had said. It must not be a big deal, if Razor wasn't too torn up about it. Court shifted and winced, biting his lip. He'd jarred the tubes, making them pull and press on his back painfully. They worked better than any shackle could, at keeping all the hybrids under control.
((May I join?

Username: Lost
Name: Cain
Species: Shadow Tundra Hybrid
Mutation: light gold tinged skin, elongated canines, a mane and fur on his chest and arms, claws on his hands and feet, tundra ears, horns, wings, and tail.
Powers: Dark energy, like a miasma that surrounds his claws for attacks.
Appearence: Cain is about 6'3", has deep purple eyes, tundra horns (A bit shorter than normal), light gold skin, slightly elongated canines, claws on his hands and feet, and tundra ears. He has a beautiful set of wings and a long tail, and he has a broad-shouldered frame with strong, but not bulgy muscles. His hair has turned into a long, flowing mane of pale gold and white, and thick fur covers him from his neck to the bottom of his ribcage on his front, trailing down the base of his spine on his back, and covering his arms to his wrists. He has a pleasant, slightly gruff voice, and an excellent sense of smell and hearing, but might be short-sighted and unable to see well past a certain distance without glasses. Currently wearing a pair of off-white drawstring pants with a hole for his tail.
Personality: Cain is fairly quiet, patient and intelligent, and depending on the situation he can be either laid back or serious. He has a deeply ingrained protective instinct, if you get into his heart, you stay there until he dies. He is clever enough to hold back his deep temper and wait out bad situations.
History: Cain remembers very little of his past, just that he used to go to highschool, and that he had parents. He hopes to get out one way or another, and is willing to play along in order to do so.
Others?: He is brand new to the lab and this will be his first time waking up here. ))
((May I join?

Username: Lost
Name: Cain
Species: Shadow Tundra Hybrid
Mutation: light gold tinged skin, elongated canines, a mane and fur on his chest and arms, claws on his hands and feet, tundra ears, horns, wings, and tail.
Powers: Dark energy, like a miasma that surrounds his claws for attacks.
Appearence: Cain is about 6'3", has deep purple eyes, tundra horns (A bit shorter than normal), light gold skin, slightly elongated canines, claws on his hands and feet, and tundra ears. He has a beautiful set of wings and a long tail, and he has a broad-shouldered frame with strong, but not bulgy muscles. His hair has turned into a long, flowing mane of pale gold and white, and thick fur covers him from his neck to the bottom of his ribcage on his front, trailing down the base of his spine on his back, and covering his arms to his wrists. He has a pleasant, slightly gruff voice, and an excellent sense of smell and hearing, but might be short-sighted and unable to see well past a certain distance without glasses. Currently wearing a pair of off-white drawstring pants with a hole for his tail.
Personality: Cain is fairly quiet, patient and intelligent, and depending on the situation he can be either laid back or serious. He has a deeply ingrained protective instinct, if you get into his heart, you stay there until he dies. He is clever enough to hold back his deep temper and wait out bad situations.
History: Cain remembers very little of his past, just that he used to go to highschool, and that he had parents. He hopes to get out one way or another, and is willing to play along in order to do so.
Others?: He is brand new to the lab and this will be his first time waking up here. ))
Delki lay on the floor of her cage. She heard the other dragons talking but didn't join in. Talking wasn't exactly wrong, but those that talked more were monitored more closely. She couldn't afford that if she wanted to escape. For as long as she could remember, she had been poked and prodded and done whatever the whitecoats wanted without any resistance. Because of this, she was given more freedom than the others that were constantly causing trouble. She was one of the few that had ever gotten a glance at what the world looked like outside of the lab and she wanted to be there. To do that, it would be easier if they weren't watching her every move, which meant acting like a good specimen and not talking. Ofcourse, not talking didn't mean not listening.

At the mention of Razor's partner, Delki started listening more closely. He wasn't exactly the nicest hybrid around, but he had been here for a long time and knew more hybrids than she did. It would be best to collect all the information possible on what exactly they were becoming. Information was more important than stale bread and greasy chicken anyway.
Delki lay on the floor of her cage. She heard the other dragons talking but didn't join in. Talking wasn't exactly wrong, but those that talked more were monitored more closely. She couldn't afford that if she wanted to escape. For as long as she could remember, she had been poked and prodded and done whatever the whitecoats wanted without any resistance. Because of this, she was given more freedom than the others that were constantly causing trouble. She was one of the few that had ever gotten a glance at what the world looked like outside of the lab and she wanted to be there. To do that, it would be easier if they weren't watching her every move, which meant acting like a good specimen and not talking. Ofcourse, not talking didn't mean not listening.

At the mention of Razor's partner, Delki started listening more closely. He wasn't exactly the nicest hybrid around, but he had been here for a long time and knew more hybrids than she did. It would be best to collect all the information possible on what exactly they were becoming. Information was more important than stale bread and greasy chicken anyway.
(( @dracoon Sorry it took so long to respond, I sent that post at about 3AM my time, so that was about the last thing I did before flopping over asleep. Anyway, here's the form.

Username: Drakeswing

Name: Baccara (Bach)

Species: Fire Guardian

Mutation: Large, black wings, claws and a thin coat of red scales along both arms. His bones are lighter than normal, but still not light enough for true flight.

Powers: Can breathe small amounts of fire. He avoids burning his throat with a thin coat of scales along his throat, but it's still slightly harmful.

Appearence: Standing around 6'2", Bach looks like a typical athlete. Short, ragged cut hair and lean muscle indicate that he used to roam the world without stopping in towns very often. The tatters of a black shirt and brown shorts are all the remains of his clothing. Normally restless in his cage, he is often chained by both wrists and his neck to prevent him from trying to escape.

Personality: Normally silent, he has a disturbing tendency to talk to himself when he feels stressed. If anyone tries to inquire about the typical guardian obsession with guarding a single item, his expression will cloud over, and he will look around in a mild panic, asking where his pearl is before subsiding a few minutes later.

History: He doesn't remember much of anything, except that he found his ward (the object he was intended to guard), but it was taken from him. However, even this memory is mostly repressed.

Others?: His ward is a small pearl of jade streaked with onyx. (Yes, I know this is not something that could occur naturally, but oh well.)

Again, sorry it took this long to get up, but RL interfered with posting this sooner.
Edit: I changed the name, but forgot to change it in a few other lines. Fixed.))
(( @dracoon Sorry it took so long to respond, I sent that post at about 3AM my time, so that was about the last thing I did before flopping over asleep. Anyway, here's the form.

Username: Drakeswing

Name: Baccara (Bach)

Species: Fire Guardian

Mutation: Large, black wings, claws and a thin coat of red scales along both arms. His bones are lighter than normal, but still not light enough for true flight.

Powers: Can breathe small amounts of fire. He avoids burning his throat with a thin coat of scales along his throat, but it's still slightly harmful.

Appearence: Standing around 6'2", Bach looks like a typical athlete. Short, ragged cut hair and lean muscle indicate that he used to roam the world without stopping in towns very often. The tatters of a black shirt and brown shorts are all the remains of his clothing. Normally restless in his cage, he is often chained by both wrists and his neck to prevent him from trying to escape.

Personality: Normally silent, he has a disturbing tendency to talk to himself when he feels stressed. If anyone tries to inquire about the typical guardian obsession with guarding a single item, his expression will cloud over, and he will look around in a mild panic, asking where his pearl is before subsiding a few minutes later.

History: He doesn't remember much of anything, except that he found his ward (the object he was intended to guard), but it was taken from him. However, even this memory is mostly repressed.

Others?: His ward is a small pearl of jade streaked with onyx. (Yes, I know this is not something that could occur naturally, but oh well.)

Again, sorry it took this long to get up, but RL interfered with posting this sooner.
Edit: I changed the name, but forgot to change it in a few other lines. Fixed.))
FLAMECALLER_sig.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76