Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Looking for RP partner/s!
1 2 3
Hey you guys.

I'm developing a character for a few of my dragons, and I'm looking to RP with them. However, I'm not really interested in the 'just go along with it' RP's that are commonplace on the FR roleplaying boards. You know, someone writes an intro, someone else accidentally comes by to say hello. Nothing against them, I just prefer RP's that have a bit more in the way of plot and where I'm not required to post several times a day lest I slow things down too much.

So, I'm looking for people with a similar mindset who want to play an FR-based RP. I have a plot or two in mind, but I'm more than willing to haggle ideas. I'm looking for someone semi-literate.

Send me a pling if interested.
Hey you guys.

I'm developing a character for a few of my dragons, and I'm looking to RP with them. However, I'm not really interested in the 'just go along with it' RP's that are commonplace on the FR roleplaying boards. You know, someone writes an intro, someone else accidentally comes by to say hello. Nothing against them, I just prefer RP's that have a bit more in the way of plot and where I'm not required to post several times a day lest I slow things down too much.

So, I'm looking for people with a similar mindset who want to play an FR-based RP. I have a plot or two in mind, but I'm more than willing to haggle ideas. I'm looking for someone semi-literate.

Send me a pling if interested.
@Finnely

It seems like we are of like interests. I'd be happy to hear your plot idea(s), and add some of my own to the mixing pot. My average post length is between two and four paragraphs, although I'm fine with one-paragraph posts if we hit a snag and are both short on ideas (though combative posts are also generally shorter than passive ones, so there is that, too). I'm not sure what the FR boards classify as "literate" or "semi-literate", but my grammar is more than passable, even if it needs a little tweaking before it could be considered publishable.

My preferred writing style is third-person, and I've no objection to gore.

Here's hoping it sounds agreeable thus far. I hope to hear from you soon. ^^
@Finnely

It seems like we are of like interests. I'd be happy to hear your plot idea(s), and add some of my own to the mixing pot. My average post length is between two and four paragraphs, although I'm fine with one-paragraph posts if we hit a snag and are both short on ideas (though combative posts are also generally shorter than passive ones, so there is that, too). I'm not sure what the FR boards classify as "literate" or "semi-literate", but my grammar is more than passable, even if it needs a little tweaking before it could be considered publishable.

My preferred writing style is third-person, and I've no objection to gore.

Here's hoping it sounds agreeable thus far. I hope to hear from you soon. ^^
+2 FR Time. | eGiN2Xv.png
Lore Masterpost | Tn4TEAZ.png
* @Finnley

For some reason it won't let me edit it twice and have the edit recognized, but I realized I had misspelled your name. My apologies. ^_^"
* @Finnley

For some reason it won't let me edit it twice and have the edit recognized, but I realized I had misspelled your name. My apologies. ^_^"
@Finnley

And~, not only did the forum rollback delete your post, it also ate the one I did before going out to tend livestock. ^_^"

What I said originally was that I liked both #1 and #3, and would be willing to do both storylines. I actually already have a character that would fit #1 well, with some minor tweaking. Do you still have the details for those ideas?
@Finnley

And~, not only did the forum rollback delete your post, it also ate the one I did before going out to tend livestock. ^_^"

What I said originally was that I liked both #1 and #3, and would be willing to do both storylines. I actually already have a character that would fit #1 well, with some minor tweaking. Do you still have the details for those ideas?
@Finnley I would love to have a good solid rp without the 'post now now now now everyone is waiting' pressure. I'm still a fairly regular poster with solid response lengths, but like you I enjoy more story less hang-around-an-area-and-hope-for-people.
@Finnley I would love to have a good solid rp without the 'post now now now now everyone is waiting' pressure. I'm still a fairly regular poster with solid response lengths, but like you I enjoy more story less hang-around-an-area-and-hope-for-people.
hatchery.png
@Raeshiel @SeleneHime

We see it rollin'... we hatin'...

My reply did indeed get eaten... damnit. Oh well, I'll just re-post the ides I wrote down. This is just mindfluff, so feel free to add to it, edit it or come up with other stuff!

1) The darker underbelly of the Auction House. With dragons, hatchlings, familiars and even eggs being sold for money, one can easily imagine foul play for economical gain. Slave trade, trafficking and organized egg theft isn't a far cry off. But with all this going on beneath the radar and no true focus placed on it, victims take on guerilla warfare as renegade clans form and rise against invisible injustice.

2) An unexplained increase in monsters that would normally appear in the coliseum have begun to wander outside of their dungeons, clashing with dragons and causing havoc while searching for food. Coliseum parties are insufficient to handle the plague, and mercenary parties have become norm. To combat the root of the cause, a group of dragons have decided to head into the coliseum dungeons and vanquish the plague.

3) Time travel. A group of random dragons have been brought back to the week before the destruction of the World Pillar. How will they be able to escape the doom that will soon give birth to the Arcanist after wiping out near-all life? How will they get back home without messing up the flow of time? And what's even the deal with all the little two-legged foodstuffs that look like mutated dunhooves?

I don't have the details anymore but that doesn't matter, I can just write it all down again. However, something came up - I will be camping for the better part of next week so I might have to put this on hold until I get back. That being said I still very much would like to carry out a FR setting, and I'd love to toss and turn some ideas.
@Raeshiel @SeleneHime

We see it rollin'... we hatin'...

My reply did indeed get eaten... damnit. Oh well, I'll just re-post the ides I wrote down. This is just mindfluff, so feel free to add to it, edit it or come up with other stuff!

1) The darker underbelly of the Auction House. With dragons, hatchlings, familiars and even eggs being sold for money, one can easily imagine foul play for economical gain. Slave trade, trafficking and organized egg theft isn't a far cry off. But with all this going on beneath the radar and no true focus placed on it, victims take on guerilla warfare as renegade clans form and rise against invisible injustice.

2) An unexplained increase in monsters that would normally appear in the coliseum have begun to wander outside of their dungeons, clashing with dragons and causing havoc while searching for food. Coliseum parties are insufficient to handle the plague, and mercenary parties have become norm. To combat the root of the cause, a group of dragons have decided to head into the coliseum dungeons and vanquish the plague.

3) Time travel. A group of random dragons have been brought back to the week before the destruction of the World Pillar. How will they be able to escape the doom that will soon give birth to the Arcanist after wiping out near-all life? How will they get back home without messing up the flow of time? And what's even the deal with all the little two-legged foodstuffs that look like mutated dunhooves?

I don't have the details anymore but that doesn't matter, I can just write it all down again. However, something came up - I will be camping for the better part of next week so I might have to put this on hold until I get back. That being said I still very much would like to carry out a FR setting, and I'd love to toss and turn some ideas.
Hey is this thread closed? Can I still join as well? I'm interested in some good roleplaying haven't been able to in a while and it would be nice to get back in the grove.
Hey is this thread closed? Can I still join as well? I'm interested in some good roleplaying haven't been able to in a while and it would be nice to get back in the grove.
lightflight_banner_zps69a6bf1c.jpg
@Cyrilvamp
Sure is open. We're still just haggling ideas, so welcome in :)
@Cyrilvamp
Sure is open. We're still just haggling ideas, so welcome in :)
My post is updated. The plot stuff that was lost in the rollover is now back, whoop!
My post is updated. The plot stuff that was lost in the rollover is now back, whoop!
Always good. I do have to go to work in a little bit, but I'll be happy to post my thoughts on these storylines later. ^^
Always good. I do have to go to work in a little bit, but I'll be happy to post my thoughts on these storylines later. ^^
1 2 3