Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | DRAGONS: Gotta tame em all! [OOC, Open]
Hello there!
Welcome to the world of DRAGONS!
My name is THE SPEAKER!
People call me the DRACONIC PROPHET!
This world is inhabited by beings called DRAGONS!
For some people, DRAGONS are pets. Others use them for fights.
Myself... I study DRAGONS as a calling.
But first, what is your name?

---

The Second Age is at it's peak. Thanks to the prophecy and guidance of the renowned magi, the Speaker, development of new technologies combining magic and science has allowed human civilization to expand out to new horizons. Pushing into wild places off the map, where free, unrestrained magic was abundant, mankind soon found themselves clashing with beings of pure magic.

Here there be dragons.

At first, humans were defenseless against the savage magic. Until the Speaker, with their prophetic wisdom and powerful came forth with with a a new tool. Stones, inscribed with runes and infused one's inherent magical power, could be used to bind a dragon to the will of the owner of the stone. With these Runestones, humans could capture a weakened dragon and use it as protection, or simply to call upon its aid whenever needed.

Many years later, the magic behind binding dragons has been perfected and become commonplace. Through repeated use, it was discovered that while the wild dragons are mindless beings of pure magic, dragons captured with the stones seem to take on some of the spirit of the binder - they develop a personality and intelligence. As such, many people choose to catch and keep dragons- as tools, pets, or even comrades.

Being constructs of magical energy, dragons do not feel pain and once the magic within them has been depleted, the dragon simply returns to the rune until they are "recharged". This can be accomplished from the power of an experienced magi or simply from being allowed to rest for 24 hours. These unique properties have lead to the advent of Dragon Tamers - brave individuals willing to battle dragons in a quest to capture and understand the true nature of dragons and maybe even be the best.

---

Application Template
Name:
Homeland: Ex. The Shifting Expanse, Starfall Isles, etc
Description: Physical description. Please no less than a paragraph and write in complete sentences. You may include a picture with the description, but there must be a written component.
Personality: No less than a paragraph, please.
History: This can be brief, but should touch on how they received their dragon.
Dragons: Only 3 dragons maximum for now!
<picture here>
Name:
Element:
Personality: (optional)

---

Are you ready?
Your very own DRAGON legend is about to unfold!
A world of dreams and adventures with DRAGONS awaits!
Let&#039;s go!
Hello there!
Welcome to the world of DRAGONS!
My name is THE SPEAKER!
People call me the DRACONIC PROPHET!
This world is inhabited by beings called DRAGONS!
For some people, DRAGONS are pets. Others use them for fights.
Myself... I study DRAGONS as a calling.
But first, what is your name?

---

The Second Age is at it&#039;s peak. Thanks to the prophecy and guidance of the renowned magi, the Speaker, development of new technologies combining magic and science has allowed human civilization to expand out to new horizons. Pushing into wild places off the map, where free, unrestrained magic was abundant, mankind soon found themselves clashing with beings of pure magic.

Here there be dragons.

At first, humans were defenseless against the savage magic. Until the Speaker, with their prophetic wisdom and powerful came forth with with a a new tool. Stones, inscribed with runes and infused one&#039;s inherent magical power, could be used to bind a dragon to the will of the owner of the stone. With these Runestones, humans could capture a weakened dragon and use it as protection, or simply to call upon its aid whenever needed.

Many years later, the magic behind binding dragons has been perfected and become commonplace. Through repeated use, it was discovered that while the wild dragons are mindless beings of pure magic, dragons captured with the stones seem to take on some of the spirit of the binder - they develop a personality and intelligence. As such, many people choose to catch and keep dragons- as tools, pets, or even comrades.

Being constructs of magical energy, dragons do not feel pain and once the magic within them has been depleted, the dragon simply returns to the rune until they are "recharged". This can be accomplished from the power of an experienced magi or simply from being allowed to rest for 24 hours. These unique properties have lead to the advent of Dragon Tamers - brave individuals willing to battle dragons in a quest to capture and understand the true nature of dragons and maybe even be the best.

---

Application Template
Name:
Homeland: Ex. The Shifting Expanse, Starfall Isles, etc
Description: Physical description. Please no less than a paragraph and write in complete sentences. You may include a picture with the description, but there must be a written component.
Personality: No less than a paragraph, please.
History: This can be brief, but should touch on how they received their dragon.
Dragons: Only 3 dragons maximum for now!
<picture here>
Name:
Element:
Personality: (optional)

---

Are you ready?
Your very own DRAGON legend is about to unfold!
A world of dreams and adventures with DRAGONS awaits!
Let&#039;s go!
unOOPnZ.png
Signature image by the lovely Cactusbat
General Rules:
1. All Flight Rising rules apply. RP rules are subject to change as needed.
2. Similarly, all the typical RP rules apply as well. Full sentences, spell check your posts, no Godmoding/Powerplaying, etc. If you&#039;re at all unclear on anything in this category relating to RP etiquette, just ask!
3. Except for pinging other players, please keep OOC discussion on the OOC thread and the IC discussion on the IC thread. Along with that, please check the OOC thread for new posts before replying! It is your responsibility to pay attention to the OOC thread, if you miss a comment there, you may need to edit your IC post.
4. One paragraph (5-7 sentences) minimum per post. If you are having difficulty meeting this limit, feel free to ask here for ideas.
5. If you have any questions, need any help, or have any problems at all, please feel free to post them on this thread. This RP is open to players of all experience levels, we can all learn from each other. Have fun and challenge yourself!

Battle Guide:
I&#039;m going to keep this one pretty open and loose. You guys are pretty much on the honor system, unless you want me to moderate a fight for you. If you want to engage in battle on your own, I ask that you discuss the boundaries here or via PMs, such as how to determine whether an attack lands or not, what amount of damage constitutes a KO.
When I moderate a fight, each player may describe their attack and how they evade the opposing attack. I will attempt to judge whether the attacks are successful, based on the description in the post, the elements of the dragons/attacks involved, etc. I&#039;ll tally the successful hits up and once the number reaches a predetermined amount, I&#039;ll declare the losing dragon KOed.

FAQ:
Okay, so maybe most of these questions haven&#039;t even been asked yet, I just didn&#039;t know where else to put some of this other info. u_u

Q:Humans have magic?
A: Yes! All humans have inherent magical ability, but unless you studied to a magi, it hasn&#039;t been refined. (And I&#039;ll allow very, very few magi as they&#039;ve all dedicated their life to the service of their deity.) You can think of it like having MP points, but no spells to expend those points on.
People might know some very small practical spells for everyday life and based on where they&#039;re from - a person born and raised in the Ashfall Wastes might know a fire spell strong enough to light a lantern, for example. But generally, the only way that magic energy comes into play is through Runestones and those draw from that energy on their own, without needing any spells.

Q: Runestones????
A: They&#039;re stones inscribed with magical runes that can store dragons, not much more to say than that! The runes do most of the work, the human pretty much just holds onto them. A person only has enough magical energy to sustain 6 runestones at once, and to have one active dragon out and about at once. The stones also protect the owner from the wrath of the dragon inside, so if a dragon decides to turn on the owner, it automatically recalls it back. A dragon also gets automatically recalled if it runs out of energy, then the stone will need to be taken to the nearest council of Magi to be restored, or the stone will automatically regenerate in 24 hours.

Q: What&#039;s the technology level in this world?
A: Think US 1920s level + some steampunk in the most populous of cities. Most places are probably back somewhere in the late 1800s.

Q: Speaking of which, what are the actual cities in this place?
A: IDK, make some up.
No seriously, it&#039;s free game. Just use common sense about what kind of limitations a location would put on civilization. I&#039;m completely fine with some liberties based on lolmagictechnology, but please be reasonable. A city sitting in a magic bubble inside a pool of lava isn&#039;t going to happen.

Q: Are there gyms?
A: Not yet. Mostly cause... I don&#039;t wanna have to play the leaders. It&#039;s still a little early in the existence of Dragon Tamers. There are quite large tournaments and famous elemental based trainers out there, but nothing as organized as a gym or Pokemon League. Maybe you could be the first to start one!

Q: Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
A: Yes.
General Rules:
1. All Flight Rising rules apply. RP rules are subject to change as needed.
2. Similarly, all the typical RP rules apply as well. Full sentences, spell check your posts, no Godmoding/Powerplaying, etc. If you&#039;re at all unclear on anything in this category relating to RP etiquette, just ask!
3. Except for pinging other players, please keep OOC discussion on the OOC thread and the IC discussion on the IC thread. Along with that, please check the OOC thread for new posts before replying! It is your responsibility to pay attention to the OOC thread, if you miss a comment there, you may need to edit your IC post.
4. One paragraph (5-7 sentences) minimum per post. If you are having difficulty meeting this limit, feel free to ask here for ideas.
5. If you have any questions, need any help, or have any problems at all, please feel free to post them on this thread. This RP is open to players of all experience levels, we can all learn from each other. Have fun and challenge yourself!

Battle Guide:
I&#039;m going to keep this one pretty open and loose. You guys are pretty much on the honor system, unless you want me to moderate a fight for you. If you want to engage in battle on your own, I ask that you discuss the boundaries here or via PMs, such as how to determine whether an attack lands or not, what amount of damage constitutes a KO.
When I moderate a fight, each player may describe their attack and how they evade the opposing attack. I will attempt to judge whether the attacks are successful, based on the description in the post, the elements of the dragons/attacks involved, etc. I&#039;ll tally the successful hits up and once the number reaches a predetermined amount, I&#039;ll declare the losing dragon KOed.

FAQ:
Okay, so maybe most of these questions haven&#039;t even been asked yet, I just didn&#039;t know where else to put some of this other info. u_u

Q:Humans have magic?
A: Yes! All humans have inherent magical ability, but unless you studied to a magi, it hasn&#039;t been refined. (And I&#039;ll allow very, very few magi as they&#039;ve all dedicated their life to the service of their deity.) You can think of it like having MP points, but no spells to expend those points on.
People might know some very small practical spells for everyday life and based on where they&#039;re from - a person born and raised in the Ashfall Wastes might know a fire spell strong enough to light a lantern, for example. But generally, the only way that magic energy comes into play is through Runestones and those draw from that energy on their own, without needing any spells.

Q: Runestones????
A: They&#039;re stones inscribed with magical runes that can store dragons, not much more to say than that! The runes do most of the work, the human pretty much just holds onto them. A person only has enough magical energy to sustain 6 runestones at once, and to have one active dragon out and about at once. The stones also protect the owner from the wrath of the dragon inside, so if a dragon decides to turn on the owner, it automatically recalls it back. A dragon also gets automatically recalled if it runs out of energy, then the stone will need to be taken to the nearest council of Magi to be restored, or the stone will automatically regenerate in 24 hours.

Q: What&#039;s the technology level in this world?
A: Think US 1920s level + some steampunk in the most populous of cities. Most places are probably back somewhere in the late 1800s.

Q: Speaking of which, what are the actual cities in this place?
A: IDK, make some up.
No seriously, it&#039;s free game. Just use common sense about what kind of limitations a location would put on civilization. I&#039;m completely fine with some liberties based on lolmagictechnology, but please be reasonable. A city sitting in a magic bubble inside a pool of lava isn&#039;t going to happen.

Q: Are there gyms?
A: Not yet. Mostly cause... I don&#039;t wanna have to play the leaders. It&#039;s still a little early in the existence of Dragon Tamers. There are quite large tournaments and famous elemental based trainers out there, but nothing as organized as a gym or Pokemon League. Maybe you could be the first to start one!

Q: Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
A: Yes.
unOOPnZ.png
And another reserve for anything else!
And another reserve for anything else!
unOOPnZ.png
Yeah, this is basically an OOC/Interest Gauging thread for a AU type Flight Rising/Pokemon crossover. Don&#039;t take it too seriously - I tried to give it an at least a semi-plausible background, but I&#039;m not going to follow canon too rigidly - I really just wanted a fun RP with humans and dragons framed in a way that&#039;ll be pretty familiar to a lot of people.
Rule of Cool can definitely come into play here and I&#039;m excited to work on fleshing out the setting with the players as we go. :3
Please feel free to ask any questions, post profiles, or make suggestions!
Yeah, this is basically an OOC/Interest Gauging thread for a AU type Flight Rising/Pokemon crossover. Don&#039;t take it too seriously - I tried to give it an at least a semi-plausible background, but I&#039;m not going to follow canon too rigidly - I really just wanted a fun RP with humans and dragons framed in a way that&#039;ll be pretty familiar to a lot of people.
Rule of Cool can definitely come into play here and I&#039;m excited to work on fleshing out the setting with the players as we go. :3
Please feel free to ask any questions, post profiles, or make suggestions!
unOOPnZ.png
@Shanti Yay! First person! Me likey idea. Can we use Breed change? Cause I wanna change one of my dragons when I actually change it in game. Also, can the talkies with the dragons? Or is it only telepathy? Or can dragons only talk to dragons? Anyways, I'm excited! PING ME Name: Tiel Age: 18 Homeland: Ashfall Waste Description: Tiel is non-binary so they don't have a gender. (And I'm going to refer Tiel as them/they/their ) Tiel is relatively tall and fit. They have blond, messy hair that is pulled back into a ponytail. They also have a cloth headband that is blue with gold borders. Tiel also has glasses. They wear a blue scarf with gold tassles. They also wear short jeans, a denim jacket over a white t-shirt. Personality: Tiel's is usually good natured and peppy, but can turn nasty and ruthless if seriously pissed off and ticked off. They are carefree and easygoing and nice and can become serious in an instant. They tend to avoid unnecessary fights, but still will fight if they have to. Tiel warms up pretty quickly to anyone in general and never discriminates against anything or anyone. History: (I don't really wanna make a huge back story so just the part where she met their dragons) In order of time of meeting Caliber: Was given as a pet for her 14th birthday. They have bonded quite well over the years and help Tiel find their love for battle when they killed their neighbor's cat (Not sorry about that fo evar). So childhood friend/pet/bestie. Hanji: Was met when Tiel and Caliber was traveling together through the Starfall Isles for vacation. They were stargazing when Hanji wandered into their camp site and started to attack them. Pelagic: Was first found as an egg when they traveled through the Windswept Plateau. He hatched when the group returned to the Ashfall waste. Currently the youngest. Dragons: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=136512] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/136512_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=78271] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/78271_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5862] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/5862_350.png[/img] [/url] Name: (In order) Pelagic, Hanji, and Caliber Element: Pelagic: Wind Hanji: Arcane Caliber: Fire Personality: Caliber: Playful, adventurous, and easy to get along with. Likes to battle Hanji: Wary, distant, and hateful of other people/dragons. Vicious and likes to kill. Pelagic: Naive, childish, and dorky. Likes to collect apparel. Absolutely fabulous.
@Shanti

Yay! First person! Me likey idea.
Can we use Breed change? Cause I wanna change one of my dragons when I actually change it in game. Also, can the talkies with the dragons? Or is it only telepathy? Or can dragons only talk to dragons? Anyways, I&#039;m excited!

PING ME

Name: Tiel
Homeland: Ashfall Waste
Description: Tiel is non-binary so they don&#039;t have a gender. (And I&#039;m going to refer Tiel as them/they/their ) Tiel is relatively tall and fit. They have blond, messy hair that is pulled back into a ponytail. They also have a cloth headband that is blue with gold borders. Tiel also has glasses. They wear a blue scarf with gold tassles. They also wear short jeans, a denim jacket over a white t-shirt.
Personality: Tiel&#039;s is usually good natured and peppy, but can turn nasty and ruthless if seriously ****** off and ticked off. They are carefree and easygoing and nice and can become serious in an instant. They tend to avoid unnecessary fights, but still will fight if they have to. Tiel warms up pretty quickly to anyone in general and never discriminates against anything or anyone.
History: (I don&#039;t really wanna make a huge back story so just the part where she met their dragons) In order of time of meeting
Caliber: Was given as a pet for her 14th birthday. They have bonded quite well over the years and help Tiel find their love for battle when they killed their neighbor&#039;s cat (Not sorry about that fo evar). So childhood friend/pet/bestie.
Hanji: Was met when Tiel and Caliber was traveling together through the Starfall Isles for vacation. They were stargazing when Hanji wandered into their camp site and started to attack them.
Pelagic: Was first found as an egg when they traveled through the Windswept Plateau. He hatched when the group returned to the Ashfall waste. Currently the youngest.
Dragons:
136512_350.png

78271_350.png

5862_350.png

Name: (In order) Pelagic, Hanji, and Caliber
Element: Pelagic: Wind
Hanji: Arcane
Caliber: Fire
Personality: Caliber: Playful, adventurous, and easy to get along with. Likes to battle
Hanji: Wary, distant, and hateful of other people/dragons. Vicious and likes to kill.
Pelagic: Naive, childish, and dorky. Likes to collect apparel. Absolutely fabulous.
tumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.giftumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.giftumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.gif
@ColorScale:
Yay, first app! \o/ And a bunch of very good questions. I&#039;m about to head to work so my answers might be a bit short, but I can try to elaborate tonight if necessary.

I think breed change could be usable, I&#039;d just need to come up with an explanation of how it happens canonically so that people don&#039;t just change breeds all the time randomly. :/a I&#039;m thinking you&#039;d have to have a Magi modify the runes on the dragon&#039;s Runestone... I&#039;ll think about that a little more and try to come up with a better explanation tonight!

Dragons perfectly understand human speech and can communicate with other dragons in their language, but draconic language has sounds outside of a human range of hearing so it&#039;s impossible for humans to fully understand or replicate. However, if you&#039;ve had a dragon for a long enough time, the bond between dragon and tamer and the development of the dragon&#039;s personality can lead to something a little like telepathy or empathy.

Fairly early on, the tamer can sense the dragons&#039;s emotions. Next, the tamer may get vague impressions or generalizations of what the dragon is saying, thinking or feeling, becoming increasingly less vague over time. For those who are very close to their dragons, they might actually start hearing their dragon&#039;s "voice" in their mind when the dragon wants to speak with them.

Your app looks good overall, just one small thing - the element your dragons have isn&#039;t where you originate from, so instead of all of them being fire, your Pelagic would be wind and Hanji would be arcane.
Oh, and I dunno if it was intentional or not, but you referred to Tiel with "she" once in the history portion. ^^;
@ColorScale:
Yay, first app! \o/ And a bunch of very good questions. I&#039;m about to head to work so my answers might be a bit short, but I can try to elaborate tonight if necessary.

I think breed change could be usable, I&#039;d just need to come up with an explanation of how it happens canonically so that people don&#039;t just change breeds all the time randomly. :/a I&#039;m thinking you&#039;d have to have a Magi modify the runes on the dragon&#039;s Runestone... I&#039;ll think about that a little more and try to come up with a better explanation tonight!

Dragons perfectly understand human speech and can communicate with other dragons in their language, but draconic language has sounds outside of a human range of hearing so it&#039;s impossible for humans to fully understand or replicate. However, if you&#039;ve had a dragon for a long enough time, the bond between dragon and tamer and the development of the dragon&#039;s personality can lead to something a little like telepathy or empathy.

Fairly early on, the tamer can sense the dragons&#039;s emotions. Next, the tamer may get vague impressions or generalizations of what the dragon is saying, thinking or feeling, becoming increasingly less vague over time. For those who are very close to their dragons, they might actually start hearing their dragon&#039;s "voice" in their mind when the dragon wants to speak with them.

Your app looks good overall, just one small thing - the element your dragons have isn&#039;t where you originate from, so instead of all of them being fire, your Pelagic would be wind and Hanji would be arcane.
Oh, and I dunno if it was intentional or not, but you referred to Tiel with "she" once in the history portion. ^^;
unOOPnZ.png
@Shanti
Whoops, my fault on that part ;(^.^) I&#039;ll change it.
I&#039;ll also fix the elemental thing part too. Thanks for answering my questions!
@Shanti
Whoops, my fault on that part ;(^.^) I&#039;ll change it.
I&#039;ll also fix the elemental thing part too. Thanks for answering my questions!
tumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.giftumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.giftumblr_inline_nfy1rclt8I1qblnye.gif