Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private: The Viridian Labyrinth
[i]This is a private roleplay between @Doe and @Staggare ! Please do not post in this thread! The setting is in (obviously) The Viridian Labyrinth.[/i] The air was humid within the spaces between foliage today- it lingered, leaving a sweet, earthy scent behind, which clung to ones skin (or scales). The sun had just risen in the east, kissing the tops of the larger trees with it's rays, leaving the smaller saplings with nothing but a shimmer of a ray here and there. Towering over every tree was the largest of them all- quite possibly the largest tree on the planet, although no one but the dragons who flew overhead could be the judge of that. It's limbs extended for what seemed to be miles, providing gentle shade to the lesser trees and flora surrounding it. Other than it's impressive size, there was nothing particularly interesting about the tree. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42320] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/42320_350.png[/img] [/url] Beneath the canopy, on the moss covered floor stood a lone dragon. Her overall scale color was similar to that of the bark belonging to a tree- a deep earth color. It was complimented by her emerald tinted wings- which likely had a span of 6 feet or so. She had reached her full size as far as growth, for she had reached adulthood long ago. How long ago, exactly, no one was sure. She stood there, eyes closed, taking in the sounds of nature. A small smile etched itself through her expression, shifting some of the dirt-covered linen wrappings which had been covering a previous wound. It was a beautiful day to be alive!
This is a private roleplay between @Doe and @Staggare ! Please do not post in this thread!

The setting is in (obviously) The Viridian Labyrinth.

The air was humid within the spaces between foliage today- it lingered, leaving a sweet, earthy scent behind, which clung to ones skin (or scales). The sun had just risen in the east, kissing the tops of the larger trees with it's rays, leaving the smaller saplings with nothing but a shimmer of a ray here and there.

Towering over every tree was the largest of them all- quite possibly the largest tree on the planet, although no one but the dragons who flew overhead could be the judge of that. It's limbs extended for what seemed to be miles, providing gentle shade to the lesser trees and flora surrounding it. Other than it's impressive size, there was nothing particularly interesting about the tree.

42320_350.png

Beneath the canopy, on the moss covered floor stood a lone dragon. Her overall scale color was similar to that of the bark belonging to a tree- a deep earth color. It was complimented by her emerald tinted wings- which likely had a span of 6 feet or so. She had reached her full size as far as growth, for she had reached adulthood long ago. How long ago, exactly, no one was sure.

She stood there, eyes closed, taking in the sounds of nature. A small smile etched itself through her expression, shifting some of the dirt-covered linen wrappings which had been covering a previous wound.

It was a beautiful day to be alive!

♥ DeviantArt Account ♥

Fae_Banner_gif.gif

Thank you for the cool banner!
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58447] [img]http://flightrising.com/render/350/58447_350.png[/img] [/url] Serenity fitted the Bloodscale Shoulder Guards on her sister. stepping back, she views the fit. "Perfect!" she exclaimed in happiness. The sudden shout made Firedust jump and one of the guards fell off. "Oh, uh sorry," she said apologising to her sister. Serenity just shook her head, already replacing the guard. "No, no, no. they aren't secured yet, that's all," she explained. Firedust turned her long, furry neck to have a look. She believed they weren't her style, but when her sister was up to something, it was dangerous to stop it. "So... Serenity? what's this for exactly?" Serenity scampered to the other shoulder and began pulling some straps. "Well," she started, "I came across a legend, you see? Something that didn't involve violence or battle or anything of that kind." "Then why do I need these?" asked Firedust, unsure of where her sister was heading. Serenity stood back again, nodding her head in approval. She threw a scroll at Firedust in a way that it unravelled at her feet. On it displayed a basic ink drawing of a thick forest surrounding one large tree in particular. "You need to get out more. Lavender and Berriles can take care of the little ones now, and you've basically taught them how to care for themselves already anyway. this is your break." Firedust raised an eyecrest, interested. "Keep talking...?" she prompted her sister with a tiny grin. Serenity smiled, baring her small yet sharp teeth. "I believe this legend may just be real. If it is, it would be in the Viridian Labyrinth. Perhaps you could go and investigate? Who knows, you may actually see something of the outside world, as well as other adults?" She chuckled at her last remark, teasing her sister. Firedust shook her body, suddenly pumped for such a journey. According to the Clan's map, the Viridian Labyrinth was a long way away, but that was a part of the excitement. "I found those guards recently and thought they might protect you from harm," added Serenity, knowing full well that her sister was not a fighting type. Firedust nodded and, with a simple "Thanks!" she grabbed a spare map from the clan, stuffed it in a shoulder guard strap and ran off through the desert. It took about a week of mostly on-foot travel, but she had made it. She stood on the edge of the Viridian Labyrinth and began to walk in. The further she went, the damper it seemed until her fur was made heavy with the many dews clinging onto it. Yet still, she enjoyed the calm of the forest, her bright fiery colours sticking out well amongst the green leaves and trees. The night was beginning to fall when Firedust finally managed to stumble into the area of the large tree. She could barely contain her excitement as she began running up to it, ecstatic and ready to feel the soft, ancient bark. ((I don't usually post that large, it's just the introductory scene =3 Oh yeah, and firedust is tiny compared to Vao, if you compare the profiles, so that'll be interesting haha XD))

58447_350.png

Serenity fitted the Bloodscale Shoulder Guards on her sister. stepping back, she views the fit. "Perfect!" she exclaimed in happiness. The sudden shout made Firedust jump and one of the guards fell off.
"Oh, uh sorry," she said apologising to her sister.
Serenity just shook her head, already replacing the guard. "No, no, no. they aren't secured yet, that's all," she explained.
Firedust turned her long, furry neck to have a look. She believed they weren't her style, but when her sister was up to something, it was dangerous to stop it. "So... Serenity? what's this for exactly?"
Serenity scampered to the other shoulder and began pulling some straps. "Well," she started, "I came across a legend, you see? Something that didn't involve violence or battle or anything of that kind."
"Then why do I need these?" asked Firedust, unsure of where her sister was heading.
Serenity stood back again, nodding her head in approval. She threw a scroll at Firedust in a way that it unravelled at her feet. On it displayed a basic ink drawing of a thick forest surrounding one large tree in particular. "You need to get out more. Lavender and Berriles can take care of the little ones now, and you've basically taught them how to care for themselves already anyway. this is your break."
Firedust raised an eyecrest, interested. "Keep talking...?" she prompted her sister with a tiny grin.
Serenity smiled, baring her small yet sharp teeth. "I believe this legend may just be real. If it is, it would be in the Viridian Labyrinth. Perhaps you could go and investigate? Who knows, you may actually see something of the outside world, as well as other adults?" She chuckled at her last remark, teasing her sister.
Firedust shook her body, suddenly pumped for such a journey. According to the Clan's map, the Viridian Labyrinth was a long way away, but that was a part of the excitement.
"I found those guards recently and thought they might protect you from harm," added Serenity, knowing full well that her sister was not a fighting type.
Firedust nodded and, with a simple "Thanks!" she grabbed a spare map from the clan, stuffed it in a shoulder guard strap and ran off through the desert.

It took about a week of mostly on-foot travel, but she had made it. She stood on the edge of the Viridian Labyrinth and began to walk in. The further she went, the damper it seemed until her fur was made heavy with the many dews clinging onto it.
Yet still, she enjoyed the calm of the forest, her bright fiery colours sticking out well amongst the green leaves and trees.
The night was beginning to fall when Firedust finally managed to stumble into the area of the large tree. She could barely contain her excitement as she began running up to it, ecstatic and ready to feel the soft, ancient bark.

((I don't usually post that large, it's just the introductory scene =3 Oh yeah, and firedust is tiny compared to Vao, if you compare the profiles, so that'll be interesting haha XD))
Suddenly jolting awake, Vao blinked away her drowsiness, attempting to focus her vision. It felt as if someone had tapped her lightly on the shoulder, but after peering around her torso, she realized it had been a large fuzzy moth that had landed on her skin.

"Oh, hello." She whispered quietly, her vision still coming into focus. Her fuchsia tinted eyes flicked upwards towards the sky- the sun was slowly falling behind the trunks of the trees. Apparently she had taken an unintentionally long nap, and missed the last few hours of the day. If she flew fast enough, she would be able to watch the sunset from the canopy top.

Slowly raising to her feet (it took quite a bit of effort to lift such a solidly large frame like hers), she stretched, first starting with her wings, and rolling her neck. As she craned her neck left, she noticed a very peculiar sight. An orange, fur covered dragon was approaching the trunk of the tree. Perhaps it had not noticed her because of her camouflage-like color scheme. The dragon happened to stop but twenty paces from Vao.

She remained still, almost frozen in shock. It had been at least a year since someone had ventured this far into the forest without getting lost. She had no idea how to approach the being, so she stood there dumbfounded, yet curious as to what the dragon would do next.

((ooc; no worries! My first post was a bit longer, too, simply because of setting introduction xD Also I'm going to make it a habit to ping you once I'm done with each post. Sometimes it doesn't notify when a new post is made on a topic! And on that note, @Staggare))
Suddenly jolting awake, Vao blinked away her drowsiness, attempting to focus her vision. It felt as if someone had tapped her lightly on the shoulder, but after peering around her torso, she realized it had been a large fuzzy moth that had landed on her skin.

"Oh, hello." She whispered quietly, her vision still coming into focus. Her fuchsia tinted eyes flicked upwards towards the sky- the sun was slowly falling behind the trunks of the trees. Apparently she had taken an unintentionally long nap, and missed the last few hours of the day. If she flew fast enough, she would be able to watch the sunset from the canopy top.

Slowly raising to her feet (it took quite a bit of effort to lift such a solidly large frame like hers), she stretched, first starting with her wings, and rolling her neck. As she craned her neck left, she noticed a very peculiar sight. An orange, fur covered dragon was approaching the trunk of the tree. Perhaps it had not noticed her because of her camouflage-like color scheme. The dragon happened to stop but twenty paces from Vao.

She remained still, almost frozen in shock. It had been at least a year since someone had ventured this far into the forest without getting lost. She had no idea how to approach the being, so she stood there dumbfounded, yet curious as to what the dragon would do next.

((ooc; no worries! My first post was a bit longer, too, simply because of setting introduction xD Also I'm going to make it a habit to ping you once I'm done with each post. Sometimes it doesn't notify when a new post is made on a topic! And on that note, @Staggare))
♥ DeviantArt Account ♥

Fae_Banner_gif.gif

((@Doe Yeah, I just got two notifications, a ping and normal one so I think it may be working! :D Still, I agree pining is good just in case =3 Oh and sorry about the occasional mix of present and past text XD I spent a few years only RPing in present tense so it's a little difficult changing over haha))

Firedust, oblivious to the dragons nearby, stretched out to touch the wood. She grinned, having never touched such a soft, lively structure as she lives out in a barren desert. Looking up, a gleam shines in her eye as she gains an idea.
Her wings, being hardly used, exhausted quickly as she climbed higher and higher into the sky. She was focusing purely on the constant flapping, changing air currents and techniques she had learnt over her few short flying lessons with the clan leader, Stag. Being a Fae, stag flew almost all the time, but her wings were very different to Firedust's, so watching a Tundra attempt a Fae style of flying may have been quite amusing to see.
She hadn't yet reached the middle of the tree by the time her wings were shuddering from exhaustion, forcing her to land on the nearest trunk. Panting, she looked out at the forest, taking in whatever she could see. She didn't even remember the last time she had been in the Labyrinth - possibly because she was Tundra - and began memorising as much of the magical place as she possibly could.
((@Doe Yeah, I just got two notifications, a ping and normal one so I think it may be working! :D Still, I agree pining is good just in case =3 Oh and sorry about the occasional mix of present and past text XD I spent a few years only RPing in present tense so it's a little difficult changing over haha))

Firedust, oblivious to the dragons nearby, stretched out to touch the wood. She grinned, having never touched such a soft, lively structure as she lives out in a barren desert. Looking up, a gleam shines in her eye as she gains an idea.
Her wings, being hardly used, exhausted quickly as she climbed higher and higher into the sky. She was focusing purely on the constant flapping, changing air currents and techniques she had learnt over her few short flying lessons with the clan leader, Stag. Being a Fae, stag flew almost all the time, but her wings were very different to Firedust's, so watching a Tundra attempt a Fae style of flying may have been quite amusing to see.
She hadn't yet reached the middle of the tree by the time her wings were shuddering from exhaustion, forcing her to land on the nearest trunk. Panting, she looked out at the forest, taking in whatever she could see. She didn't even remember the last time she had been in the Labyrinth - possibly because she was Tundra - and began memorising as much of the magical place as she possibly could.
Unpredictably, the dragon Vao was watching took to the skies, almost as fast as it had appeared. It looked a bit.. clumsy.. as it flew upwards, which resulted in a tiny smirk appearing across the onlookers expression.

Deciding it was probably best to confront the visitor, Vao stepped out further from behind the large trunk, into a small clearing, which allowed her to be visible regardless of her camouflage. " 'Scuse me." She called out, after giving her throat a little clear. It wasn't often she had to actually speak to anyone, so her voice had developed to be quite soft over time. Perhaps the other dragon wouldn't hear her, or hadn't, since they were somewhat distanced. Surely the winds up where she was perched were whistling through the branches.

Once more stretching her wings, Vao crouched low to the earth, and just as her sternum grazed the moss, she launched herself upwards, with a forceful flap as an accelerator. It was always difficult flying straight up, but if you got a running start, that was much easier. Her large leathery wings carried her upwards quite quickly, however, and within a matter of seconds she was flapping alongside the branch (which was thick enough to support two dragons, but she felt that might be rude) that the other female had perched herself on. "Greetings." She said, giving a timid smile. The sound of her wings flapping almost masked the volume of her voice.

((edit: @Staggare))
Unpredictably, the dragon Vao was watching took to the skies, almost as fast as it had appeared. It looked a bit.. clumsy.. as it flew upwards, which resulted in a tiny smirk appearing across the onlookers expression.

Deciding it was probably best to confront the visitor, Vao stepped out further from behind the large trunk, into a small clearing, which allowed her to be visible regardless of her camouflage. " 'Scuse me." She called out, after giving her throat a little clear. It wasn't often she had to actually speak to anyone, so her voice had developed to be quite soft over time. Perhaps the other dragon wouldn't hear her, or hadn't, since they were somewhat distanced. Surely the winds up where she was perched were whistling through the branches.

Once more stretching her wings, Vao crouched low to the earth, and just as her sternum grazed the moss, she launched herself upwards, with a forceful flap as an accelerator. It was always difficult flying straight up, but if you got a running start, that was much easier. Her large leathery wings carried her upwards quite quickly, however, and within a matter of seconds she was flapping alongside the branch (which was thick enough to support two dragons, but she felt that might be rude) that the other female had perched herself on. "Greetings." She said, giving a timid smile. The sound of her wings flapping almost masked the volume of her voice.

((edit: @Staggare))
♥ DeviantArt Account ♥

Fae_Banner_gif.gif

@Doe

Firedust hadn't heard anything. She was too intrigued in the sights and beauty. She grinned to herself, silently thanking her crazy sister. She lay down on her belly, resting as the wind gently pushed through her lengthy red coat.
She jumped with fright as she heard the sound of large flapping wings take off from the ground. Eyes wide, she looked side to side, not even considering for a second using flight as an escape. She pushed herself back up and began to run along the branch.
It wasn't long before the massive brown and green Guardian came up at the branch. Firedust stopped, slipping for a moment before regaining her balance in a panicked state. She turned around, looking at the giant. Her sister was the biggest dragon at her home Clan, and this dragon was at least twice the size.
She crouched, ready to just flop off of the branch or run. When the dragon spoke, she muttered, "Uh... G-Greetings."
@Doe

Firedust hadn't heard anything. She was too intrigued in the sights and beauty. She grinned to herself, silently thanking her crazy sister. She lay down on her belly, resting as the wind gently pushed through her lengthy red coat.
She jumped with fright as she heard the sound of large flapping wings take off from the ground. Eyes wide, she looked side to side, not even considering for a second using flight as an escape. She pushed herself back up and began to run along the branch.
It wasn't long before the massive brown and green Guardian came up at the branch. Firedust stopped, slipping for a moment before regaining her balance in a panicked state. She turned around, looking at the giant. Her sister was the biggest dragon at her home Clan, and this dragon was at least twice the size.
She crouched, ready to just flop off of the branch or run. When the dragon spoke, she muttered, "Uh... G-Greetings."
Cocking her head to the side, she observed the timid dragon. It had appeared Vao was much... MUCH larger than her, so that mixed in with startling in general was likely the reason she behaved as she did.

"You're..." she started, observing the vibrant colors of the dragon before her "not from around here, are you?" She felt a slight strain in her wings as she attempted to maintain a constant altitude. "I have never seen a dragon with your colors before." She paused once more, "Or with fur, for that matter."

((@Staggare))
Cocking her head to the side, she observed the timid dragon. It had appeared Vao was much... MUCH larger than her, so that mixed in with startling in general was likely the reason she behaved as she did.

"You're..." she started, observing the vibrant colors of the dragon before her "not from around here, are you?" She felt a slight strain in her wings as she attempted to maintain a constant altitude. "I have never seen a dragon with your colors before." She paused once more, "Or with fur, for that matter."

((@Staggare))
♥ DeviantArt Account ♥

Fae_Banner_gif.gif

@Doe
((O.O I checked in because it hadn't alerted me to this! Sorry... geez I feel ridiculous >.> Never trust the alert system on my account haha
If I don't reply within a day or so, do you mind PMing me with a face-slap? XD))

Firedust gulped before responding to the dragon's latest statement. "No... I mean yes... I mean... I don't know," she stammered, thinking about her heritage but also her current home. She breathed a deep and shaky breath in an attempt to loosen her muscles and calm her thoughts.
"I was born here... on this island anyway... but then I found a home in the Shifting expanse. My sister... also a nature dragon... she told me about this place and I wanted to see. Um... I'm sure you're not that kind of dragon but... please don't hurt me?" she shrunk a little, obviously not used to encounters such as these.
@Doe
((O.O I checked in because it hadn't alerted me to this! Sorry... geez I feel ridiculous >.> Never trust the alert system on my account haha
If I don't reply within a day or so, do you mind PMing me with a face-slap? XD))

Firedust gulped before responding to the dragon's latest statement. "No... I mean yes... I mean... I don't know," she stammered, thinking about her heritage but also her current home. She breathed a deep and shaky breath in an attempt to loosen her muscles and calm her thoughts.
"I was born here... on this island anyway... but then I found a home in the Shifting expanse. My sister... also a nature dragon... she told me about this place and I wanted to see. Um... I'm sure you're not that kind of dragon but... please don't hurt me?" she shrunk a little, obviously not used to encounters such as these.
@Doe
((Wow, nice Wildclaw! :D))
@Doe
((Wow, nice Wildclaw! :D))