Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ cherishen!
1 2
@cherishen

heres the thread! im subbed \o/
@cherishen

heres the thread! im subbed \o/
any pronouns :]
frt +0
art shop
[center][url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ludYO-DRrcEuYkqLsO8n-AJHZlGNraLy1FT9-de71c/edit][size=5][emoji=crystal ball size=1] shen's character sheet! [emoji=gold crown size=1][/url]
[size=6][center][size=5][emoji=sword size=1] [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y7F_Ud8zWCztUJtbeW8l4Lt-5ZJUsvodhUbgCecP0aM/edit?usp=sharing]anemone's character sheet![/url] [emoji=seashell size=1][/size][/center][/size]
frt +0
art shop
So far, Anemone's week was going smoothly. She was almost shocked by her acceptance into the employment of becoming the prince's personal guard, however, Anemone supposed that her reputation precedes her. It was somewhat jarring; it almost felt as if the royal family was hiring just about anyone who was fabled to be skilled at the sword. Deep down, Anemone knew this was most likely not the exact truth, figuring that some sort of extensive background check must’ve been done on her to make sure that she didn’t mean any ill will to the heir to the throne. However, it still filled her with determination towards protecting the prince. If anyone malicious happened to get too close, Anemone would make sure they met her blade.

Both of the prince’s parents, Maximilian and Kara, had been kind enough to meet Anemone earlier, but she had yet to meet the prince in question yet. Anemone had recounted what she had heard about the prince through other people. Shen, the white peacock. A couple of servants had mentioned him being somewhat reserved and closed off, but Anemone had heard nothing bad, thankfully.

Anemone’s armour rustled quietly against her legs as she walked, sword also making soft sounds. The hallways of the estate were somewhat empty, the sound becoming the only thing in Anemone’s ears.

Reaching the looming entrance of the throne room, Anemone took a small breath before striding in, posture straightened and eyes unwavering. Perched upon a grandiose throne on the opposite side of the room was who Anemone assumed to be the prince. Gleaming, white hair, running in long strands, and piercing red eyes. He matched both descriptions of the prince, as well as portraits that Anemone noticed when familiarizing herself with the estate.

After walking close enough to the throne to be audible without yelling, Anemone dipped her head in a brief bow before bringing her palm to her heart, making eye contact with the other.

“Hello,” she greeted officially, “I’m Anemone. I’ll be serving as your personal guard. It’s nice to meet you,” she offered a small smile.
So far, Anemone's week was going smoothly. She was almost shocked by her acceptance into the employment of becoming the prince's personal guard, however, Anemone supposed that her reputation precedes her. It was somewhat jarring; it almost felt as if the royal family was hiring just about anyone who was fabled to be skilled at the sword. Deep down, Anemone knew this was most likely not the exact truth, figuring that some sort of extensive background check must’ve been done on her to make sure that she didn’t mean any ill will to the heir to the throne. However, it still filled her with determination towards protecting the prince. If anyone malicious happened to get too close, Anemone would make sure they met her blade.

Both of the prince’s parents, Maximilian and Kara, had been kind enough to meet Anemone earlier, but she had yet to meet the prince in question yet. Anemone had recounted what she had heard about the prince through other people. Shen, the white peacock. A couple of servants had mentioned him being somewhat reserved and closed off, but Anemone had heard nothing bad, thankfully.

Anemone’s armour rustled quietly against her legs as she walked, sword also making soft sounds. The hallways of the estate were somewhat empty, the sound becoming the only thing in Anemone’s ears.

Reaching the looming entrance of the throne room, Anemone took a small breath before striding in, posture straightened and eyes unwavering. Perched upon a grandiose throne on the opposite side of the room was who Anemone assumed to be the prince. Gleaming, white hair, running in long strands, and piercing red eyes. He matched both descriptions of the prince, as well as portraits that Anemone noticed when familiarizing herself with the estate.

After walking close enough to the throne to be audible without yelling, Anemone dipped her head in a brief bow before bringing her palm to her heart, making eye contact with the other.

“Hello,” she greeted officially, “I’m Anemone. I’ll be serving as your personal guard. It’s nice to meet you,” she offered a small smile.
frt +0
art shop
Shen had been sitting on the throne for a few minutes, absentmindedly tapping his steel-clawed left hand finger upon the armrest of it. It was the only sound in the room, aside from his steady and quiet breathing. His parents had informed him of a new personal guard that would serve him, and hoped that he would take this news with some relaxation. In all honesty, Shen didn’t feel much about this situation. To him, it was just another person coming to “protect him”, when in the prince’s opinion, he could protect himself.

As usual, he had been dressed in the familiar long white robe, sleeves pulled slightly back to show his hands. White hair flowed elegantly around Shen, the top held neatly together with a few intricately decorated silver pins. His skin, pale like snow, shone in the lights of the room, his red eyes sweeping the area from time to time. It had this effect that his eyes appeared to always be narrowed and always scrutinising something. There was no discernible emotion upon his face.

Finally, the new guard that had been chosen walked through the doors.

Shen found himself fixated upon the lady, picking out every detail he could. What had his parents told him? Oh yes, that her skill was quite unrivalled and was “more than capable of protecting the prince”. For first impressions, she left a good one upon him. It wasn’t often that he found himself taking a small liking towards anyone, but decided he might grow to at least tolerate his new personal guard.

He rose from his throne and approached Anemone, keeping the respectable distance he always did with anyone, his robe gliding upon the floor. Shen put his right hand to his heart and did a similar but much smaller bow.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Anemone. As you might have known already, I am the prince, but you need not be formal around me. You may just call me Shen.” He kept his poker face on, taking a polite tone. The prince wasn’t one to rely on emotion often, and preferred the reliability of logic.
Shen had been sitting on the throne for a few minutes, absentmindedly tapping his steel-clawed left hand finger upon the armrest of it. It was the only sound in the room, aside from his steady and quiet breathing. His parents had informed him of a new personal guard that would serve him, and hoped that he would take this news with some relaxation. In all honesty, Shen didn’t feel much about this situation. To him, it was just another person coming to “protect him”, when in the prince’s opinion, he could protect himself.

As usual, he had been dressed in the familiar long white robe, sleeves pulled slightly back to show his hands. White hair flowed elegantly around Shen, the top held neatly together with a few intricately decorated silver pins. His skin, pale like snow, shone in the lights of the room, his red eyes sweeping the area from time to time. It had this effect that his eyes appeared to always be narrowed and always scrutinising something. There was no discernible emotion upon his face.

Finally, the new guard that had been chosen walked through the doors.

Shen found himself fixated upon the lady, picking out every detail he could. What had his parents told him? Oh yes, that her skill was quite unrivalled and was “more than capable of protecting the prince”. For first impressions, she left a good one upon him. It wasn’t often that he found himself taking a small liking towards anyone, but decided he might grow to at least tolerate his new personal guard.

He rose from his throne and approached Anemone, keeping the respectable distance he always did with anyone, his robe gliding upon the floor. Shen put his right hand to his heart and did a similar but much smaller bow.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Anemone. As you might have known already, I am the prince, but you need not be formal around me. You may just call me Shen.” He kept his poker face on, taking a polite tone. The prince wasn’t one to rely on emotion often, and preferred the reliability of logic.
((where do we want to go from here? is anemone like staying somewhere? (probably near shens chambers id assume?) also, i totally forgot to ask;; how do you want the story to progress? i know there are a lot of things to discover with shen n his delusion but do we want any outside force;; something like an assassination attempt or anything to help them get closer? maybe they can go around the estate for now?)) Well, that was somewhat of a relief. Anemone was well-prepared to be formal around the prince, but to completely honest, she was certain that, to an extent, could be somewhat exhausting. In all her bodyguard work, Anemone found that clients that remained distant were far harder to protect, as well as to tolerate. Anemone nodded, brushing a strand of hair out her face before letting her hand drift down to her side again. "Alright, thank you." In her mind, Anemone repeated the duties that she had been given as Shen's personal guard. Accompanying him was the main one, but she reminded herself that she needed to keep an attentive watch on their surroundings. At home, she had learned that skill through late-night work on their farms. Over one season, her village was plagued by a wolf problem. Like many others who lived nearby, their farm bordered the woods, and during that season, farmwork was very dangerous, especially during the night. The evening would bring darkness, and the tall stalks of crops and smell of fertilizer did not help one's unheightened senses. There were many incidents of grown adults being attacked, but if work wasn't done on the farms in the evening, then the crops had smaller chances of succeeding. Anemone's parents, who were already aging, were unfit to do work at night, so Anemone took up the job. She found herself forcing herself to focus on the sounds in the fields and her surroundings, and she managed to keep herself safe-- well, for the most part, anyways. A wolf attack was responsible for the scar that stretched across her cheekbone, but she managed to escape with, other than that, barely any scathes. Bringing her experience from that, Anemone's work as a bodyguard had helped polish her attentiveness when on the job. However, she still felt as if she needed to acquaint herself further with the estate. She'd had some time, but for her own comfort, she wanted to explore. She supposed she'd have to do that in her own time, however, as her main job was to follow Shen. ((also!! heres a rough drawing!! no armour rn cuz im kinda in art block skull emoji)) [img]https://i.ibb.co/tLdbpny/Imported-Image.png[/img]
((where do we want to go from here? is anemone like staying somewhere? (probably near shens chambers id assume?) also, i totally forgot to ask;; how do you want the story to progress? i know there are a lot of things to discover with shen n his delusion but do we want any outside force;; something like an assassination attempt or anything to help them get closer? maybe they can go around the estate for now?))

Well, that was somewhat of a relief. Anemone was well-prepared to be formal around the prince, but to completely honest, she was certain that, to an extent, could be somewhat exhausting. In all her bodyguard work, Anemone found that clients that remained distant were far harder to protect, as well as to tolerate.

Anemone nodded, brushing a strand of hair out her face before letting her hand drift down to her side again. "Alright, thank you." In her mind, Anemone repeated the duties that she had been given as Shen's personal guard. Accompanying him was the main one, but she reminded herself that she needed to keep an attentive watch on their surroundings.

At home, she had learned that skill through late-night work on their farms. Over one season, her village was plagued by a wolf problem. Like many others who lived nearby, their farm bordered the woods, and during that season, farmwork was very dangerous, especially during the night. The evening would bring darkness, and the tall stalks of crops and smell of fertilizer did not help one's unheightened senses. There were many incidents of grown adults being attacked, but if work wasn't done on the farms in the evening, then the crops had smaller chances of succeeding.

Anemone's parents, who were already aging, were unfit to do work at night, so Anemone took up the job. She found herself forcing herself to focus on the sounds in the fields and her surroundings, and she managed to keep herself safe-- well, for the most part, anyways. A wolf attack was responsible for the scar that stretched across her cheekbone, but she managed to escape with, other than that, barely any scathes.

Bringing her experience from that, Anemone's work as a bodyguard had helped polish her attentiveness when on the job. However, she still felt as if she needed to acquaint herself further with the estate. She'd had some time, but for her own comfort, she wanted to explore. She supposed she'd have to do that in her own time, however, as her main job was to follow Shen.

((also!! heres a rough drawing!! no armour rn cuz im kinda in art block skull emoji)) Imported-Image.png
frt +0
art shop
(ohh no worries about that, i’m sure we’ll have lots of things to progress the story haha :D shen would probably bring her to his chambers to get more familiar with his surroundings, and show her to her quarters next to his [probably connected with a side door?] and maybe have some tea idk :p we could go for assassination attempts, probably at an event like a ball?)

(also, i’ll write a reply in my next post once you let me know if this is okay ^^)
(ohh no worries about that, i’m sure we’ll have lots of things to progress the story haha :D shen would probably bring her to his chambers to get more familiar with his surroundings, and show her to her quarters next to his [probably connected with a side door?] and maybe have some tea idk :p we could go for assassination attempts, probably at an event like a ball?)

(also, i’ll write a reply in my next post once you let me know if this is okay ^^)
((yeah that sounds great!! ^^))
((yeah that sounds great!! ^^))
frt +0
art shop
Shen moved his hands behind his back, and turned to face the throne room doors, appearing to be in thought. His hands were barely visible from the long sleeves of white, with only a few fingers seen interlocked with the metal claws. His parents had requested he treat Anemone and allow her to at least feel comfortable in her job and in his presence. Perhaps a tour on the way to his personal chambers would do the trick.

“Walk with me?” The prince asked, starting to walk to the doors. It wasn’t like his guard had a choice when it came to following him around, but it was basic courtesy. “I’d like to show you my chambers and where you’ll be staying.” Shen continued walking, taking short but quick strides through the corridors.

Portraits of the different members of the royal family lined the tall walls, all illuminated by the chandeliers that hung on the high ceilings. Shen never really looked at them when he passed by, but would always turn away at the sight of Niles’s portrait, which he had done again when walking past it. It was habit to the prince to do so, because it brought up painful emotions and memories that he didn’t want to remember. Pulling the strand of white hair behind his ear, he decided to get to know Anemone better.

“Perhaps you could tell me about your journey here. My parents have told me your skill is quite unrivalled. How was the selection process?” Shen didn’t make eye contact with her but gave the aura that showed his full attention. His mind sometimes drifted towards all sorts of things, like the upcoming events, getting used to his new guard, and a dark spot in his mind he resisted.
Shen moved his hands behind his back, and turned to face the throne room doors, appearing to be in thought. His hands were barely visible from the long sleeves of white, with only a few fingers seen interlocked with the metal claws. His parents had requested he treat Anemone and allow her to at least feel comfortable in her job and in his presence. Perhaps a tour on the way to his personal chambers would do the trick.

“Walk with me?” The prince asked, starting to walk to the doors. It wasn’t like his guard had a choice when it came to following him around, but it was basic courtesy. “I’d like to show you my chambers and where you’ll be staying.” Shen continued walking, taking short but quick strides through the corridors.

Portraits of the different members of the royal family lined the tall walls, all illuminated by the chandeliers that hung on the high ceilings. Shen never really looked at them when he passed by, but would always turn away at the sight of Niles’s portrait, which he had done again when walking past it. It was habit to the prince to do so, because it brought up painful emotions and memories that he didn’t want to remember. Pulling the strand of white hair behind his ear, he decided to get to know Anemone better.

“Perhaps you could tell me about your journey here. My parents have told me your skill is quite unrivalled. How was the selection process?” Shen didn’t make eye contact with her but gave the aura that showed his full attention. His mind sometimes drifted towards all sorts of things, like the upcoming events, getting used to his new guard, and a dark spot in his mind he resisted.
Anemone nodded, following a few paces behind the prince as she took in the looming walls. She had already walked down this way, but the glimmering chandeliers still stole her eyes away for a moment. The height of the ceilings and the reflections of the glinting chandeliers dancing across the floor made Anemone feel as if she was walking on the night sky.

Anemone idly wondered how close her own chambers would be to Shen’s. Despite the fact that Anemone was responsible for staying at the prince’s side at all times, even herself and Shen would need to sleep. Anemone fanned the thoughts out of her mind, reminding herself that there would most likely be guards patrolling at night. During her time on the estate, Anemone had seen a couple of guards here and there, and she didn’t doubt that there were more guards at important locations.

“I’ve trained as a warrior from a young age,” Anemone offered. “I took interest in the blade, and I underwent experiences that helped hone my skill.” To be completely honest, Anemone believed that perseverance was the true secret to work towards any skill. Her hands idly graced the hilt of her blade, silent as she thought for a moment, before adding, “the selection process was… interesting. I was recommended due to successful work as a personal bodyguard for other jobs, and after a few showcases, I was told I had been selected.” Anemone explained, head tilting slightly. She didn’t see Shen throughout the entire selection process. Anemone wondered if he met any of the other candidates.

A small bud of curiosity bloomed in her. “Do you know the reason behind the sudden search for a personal guard for you?” Anemone asked Shen, wondering if there was anything that she needed to be aware of. How common were assasination attempts? Anemone had done her own research on the royal family to see if there were any recent deaths, but all she could come up with was information about Shen’s younger brother, Niles, who had passed away from a disease. Anemone pursed her lips to herself out of sympathy, thoughts drifting.
Anemone nodded, following a few paces behind the prince as she took in the looming walls. She had already walked down this way, but the glimmering chandeliers still stole her eyes away for a moment. The height of the ceilings and the reflections of the glinting chandeliers dancing across the floor made Anemone feel as if she was walking on the night sky.

Anemone idly wondered how close her own chambers would be to Shen’s. Despite the fact that Anemone was responsible for staying at the prince’s side at all times, even herself and Shen would need to sleep. Anemone fanned the thoughts out of her mind, reminding herself that there would most likely be guards patrolling at night. During her time on the estate, Anemone had seen a couple of guards here and there, and she didn’t doubt that there were more guards at important locations.

“I’ve trained as a warrior from a young age,” Anemone offered. “I took interest in the blade, and I underwent experiences that helped hone my skill.” To be completely honest, Anemone believed that perseverance was the true secret to work towards any skill. Her hands idly graced the hilt of her blade, silent as she thought for a moment, before adding, “the selection process was… interesting. I was recommended due to successful work as a personal bodyguard for other jobs, and after a few showcases, I was told I had been selected.” Anemone explained, head tilting slightly. She didn’t see Shen throughout the entire selection process. Anemone wondered if he met any of the other candidates.

A small bud of curiosity bloomed in her. “Do you know the reason behind the sudden search for a personal guard for you?” Anemone asked Shen, wondering if there was anything that she needed to be aware of. How common were assasination attempts? Anemone had done her own research on the royal family to see if there were any recent deaths, but all she could come up with was information about Shen’s younger brother, Niles, who had passed away from a disease. Anemone pursed her lips to herself out of sympathy, thoughts drifting.
frt +0
art shop
1 2