Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Space is Cool - 1x1 w SoulLugia11
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 279 280
Wallace

Wally leaned forward, interested in what the woman had to say regarding slithers. While it wasn't intentional, he managed to get two birds with one stone, having his question answered and learning what the most popular item was. He was more than happy to settle for the second best, grateful just to be here.

"Thank you!" he said just before she dashed away from their counter, giggling a bit. He tapped the counter, his fingers following no particular rhythm. He only stopped when Kitter spoke, saying something about taking something off before she returned.

"Hmm?" he hummed, turning to look up at him. He watched with wide eyes as Kitter reached up and slowly removed his... face?

No, it wasn't really his face... they were face plates! Or were they? That was the closest term he could come up with to describe what he was seeing.

Although he was impressed, he winced somewhat when he took notice of the dark vein-like tendrils slithering back into his fur. "Are you okay, Kitter?" he asked, concerned. "That looks like it hurts quite a bit... does it burn at all?"

Once he got that question out, his starry-eyed outlook returned. "Regardless... YOU LOOK SO CUTE! AND COOL! Whoa, you're cute and cool at the same time! I'm sorry if this is personal, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why do you wear a mask? The mask is really cool too; I'm just curious."
Wallace

Wally leaned forward, interested in what the woman had to say regarding slithers. While it wasn't intentional, he managed to get two birds with one stone, having his question answered and learning what the most popular item was. He was more than happy to settle for the second best, grateful just to be here.

"Thank you!" he said just before she dashed away from their counter, giggling a bit. He tapped the counter, his fingers following no particular rhythm. He only stopped when Kitter spoke, saying something about taking something off before she returned.

"Hmm?" he hummed, turning to look up at him. He watched with wide eyes as Kitter reached up and slowly removed his... face?

No, it wasn't really his face... they were face plates! Or were they? That was the closest term he could come up with to describe what he was seeing.

Although he was impressed, he winced somewhat when he took notice of the dark vein-like tendrils slithering back into his fur. "Are you okay, Kitter?" he asked, concerned. "That looks like it hurts quite a bit... does it burn at all?"

Once he got that question out, his starry-eyed outlook returned. "Regardless... YOU LOOK SO CUTE! AND COOL! Whoa, you're cute and cool at the same time! I'm sorry if this is personal, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why do you wear a mask? The mask is really cool too; I'm just curious."
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter
"Yeah, burns-" He blinked away the burning and rubbed his eyes before letting out a relieved sigh as it quickly faded. He felt refreshed. Though he did not expect to be called cute after just doing that. He did get that sometimes when people didn't see how it all comes off.

"I-.. Thank you, heh heh..." Kitter looked at him, his glowing teeth showing as he spoke, "It's just a couple pieces of my armor! My kind grow an exoskeleton after we mature. I can take it on and off as many times as I please, it'll even heal if damaged, but I can't grow a new one."

He blankly stared at the table for a moment as he thought of something, but then shook his head a little to rid it from his mind. He smiled back at Wallace, "I usually take off the face part when I eat because uhm... It's a little harder with those plates on." He paused, thinking of something he may ask after, "And I could take it all off, I'm completely furred, but I don't have any clothes with me so... Won't do that unless I have to."
Kitter
"Yeah, burns-" He blinked away the burning and rubbed his eyes before letting out a relieved sigh as it quickly faded. He felt refreshed. Though he did not expect to be called cute after just doing that. He did get that sometimes when people didn't see how it all comes off.

"I-.. Thank you, heh heh..." Kitter looked at him, his glowing teeth showing as he spoke, "It's just a couple pieces of my armor! My kind grow an exoskeleton after we mature. I can take it on and off as many times as I please, it'll even heal if damaged, but I can't grow a new one."

He blankly stared at the table for a moment as he thought of something, but then shook his head a little to rid it from his mind. He smiled back at Wallace, "I usually take off the face part when I eat because uhm... It's a little harder with those plates on." He paused, thinking of something he may ask after, "And I could take it all off, I'm completely furred, but I don't have any clothes with me so... Won't do that unless I have to."
Wallace

Although Wally was still worried about Kitter potentially being in pain, his eyes lit up upon seeing his glowing teeth. He focused on his facial features while listening to him talk about his species, just in case he wanted to draw him without his armor later. He chuckled at the last part of his explanation.

"Yeah, you might want clothes for that," he joked, placing his hands idly on the table. "That's really neat. I'm sorry it hurts though. Maybe next time, I can soothe the burning with water? Like, splash water on the burning spots? Unless you don't like water... I know you're not a literal cat, but I know most cats don't like water. At least, I think so?"

He laughed sheepishly, grinning widely at his friend. He looked as happy as a kid like him could be, surrounded by everything except his own species... and he didn't mind that one bit.
Wallace

Although Wally was still worried about Kitter potentially being in pain, his eyes lit up upon seeing his glowing teeth. He focused on his facial features while listening to him talk about his species, just in case he wanted to draw him without his armor later. He chuckled at the last part of his explanation.

"Yeah, you might want clothes for that," he joked, placing his hands idly on the table. "That's really neat. I'm sorry it hurts though. Maybe next time, I can soothe the burning with water? Like, splash water on the burning spots? Unless you don't like water... I know you're not a literal cat, but I know most cats don't like water. At least, I think so?"

He laughed sheepishly, grinning widely at his friend. He looked as happy as a kid like him could be, surrounded by everything except his own species... and he didn't mind that one bit.
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter
"Heh... I really should bring something to cover up. Maybe I should buy a skirt... Or rather kilt here sometime today, eh?" He chuckled. He did have some clothing at home, but he always forgot. "I definitely feel nice and free without the armor on despite it technically being part of me. Just a part I get rid of if I want."

Kitter put his elbows on the table and rested his head on his hands, "Hmm... That might work. Also, I love water! I'm no cat but uhm... I've been told I act like on sometimes. I think it's just some animalistic instincts is all." He grinned back at him, "You're very considerate! I really appreciate the offer... I think I'll give that a try later today."

He was happy to see that the boy wasn't seeming to be bothered by anything greatly so far, it was reassuring him that he had made the right decision of bringing him along.
Kitter
"Heh... I really should bring something to cover up. Maybe I should buy a skirt... Or rather kilt here sometime today, eh?" He chuckled. He did have some clothing at home, but he always forgot. "I definitely feel nice and free without the armor on despite it technically being part of me. Just a part I get rid of if I want."

Kitter put his elbows on the table and rested his head on his hands, "Hmm... That might work. Also, I love water! I'm no cat but uhm... I've been told I act like on sometimes. I think it's just some animalistic instincts is all." He grinned back at him, "You're very considerate! I really appreciate the offer... I think I'll give that a try later today."

He was happy to see that the boy wasn't seeming to be bothered by anything greatly so far, it was reassuring him that he had made the right decision of bringing him along.
Wallace

Wally made a small, adorable sound at the idea of Kitter getting himself a skirt or kilt. He nodded in agreement at the suggestion. "Yeah! Why don't we visit a place with clothes at one point today? I've always wondered what it's like to spin around in a skirt. It must feel really nice, especially when it's windy."

He was pleased to hear he liked water and would take his suggestion into consideration. He hoped it would help; he didn't want Kitter to be in any pain. He tried to imagine what it would be like for him to have a wearable exoskeleton.

Slowly and carefully, he looked at the mask sitting on the booth next to Kitter. "Um... could I touch it? Please? Just a little?" he asked, blinking.

As he spoke, a small glimmer of glowing light flickered in his pupils. It was quick to fade away, and he was lucky it was just that instead of his entire body glowing.
Wallace

Wally made a small, adorable sound at the idea of Kitter getting himself a skirt or kilt. He nodded in agreement at the suggestion. "Yeah! Why don't we visit a place with clothes at one point today? I've always wondered what it's like to spin around in a skirt. It must feel really nice, especially when it's windy."

He was pleased to hear he liked water and would take his suggestion into consideration. He hoped it would help; he didn't want Kitter to be in any pain. He tried to imagine what it would be like for him to have a wearable exoskeleton.

Slowly and carefully, he looked at the mask sitting on the booth next to Kitter. "Um... could I touch it? Please? Just a little?" he asked, blinking.

As he spoke, a small glimmer of glowing light flickered in his pupils. It was quick to fade away, and he was lucky it was just that instead of his entire body glowing.
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter

His ears perked out the sound Wallace made, thinking something was wrong, but no. He was just once again, an excited lil boy. He nodded, "We sure can, could after we eat! Flowy clothing is nice, I like it."

He paused, a little confused, but shrugged, "Oh sure..." He picked up them up and sat them on the table in front of Wally. He noticed the sudden flicker of light out of the corner of his eye, though he did not mention it. "You can hold the other pieces later if you want, some are heavier heh." He wasn't sure why he was wanting to, it was, however, very apparent that the boy was extremely curious about these new things.
Kitter

His ears perked out the sound Wallace made, thinking something was wrong, but no. He was just once again, an excited lil boy. He nodded, "We sure can, could after we eat! Flowy clothing is nice, I like it."

He paused, a little confused, but shrugged, "Oh sure..." He picked up them up and sat them on the table in front of Wally. He noticed the sudden flicker of light out of the corner of his eye, though he did not mention it. "You can hold the other pieces later if you want, some are heavier heh." He wasn't sure why he was wanting to, it was, however, very apparent that the boy was extremely curious about these new things.
Wallace

As soon as he was given permission to hold the armor pieces, Wally was thrilled. He waited as patiently as he could for Kitter to move the pieces from the booth to the table in front of him. He had to keep himself from accidentally snatching them up. He didn't want to break them, after all.

He gingerly held one of the pieces of armor in both hands, staring at it like it was a beautiful treasure found in an antique or jewelry store. He turned it over once or twice, admiring the detail. It also had a nice texture to it.

"So... cool!" he whispered. "I'm holding alien armor... in an alien restaurant... on an alien planet... I almost can't believe it! Could this day get any better??"

Before the boy had the chance to potentially drop or damage it, he set it down carefully on the table and looked over at Kitter with an expression of admiration.

"You're honestly the coolest person I've ever met, Kitter," he said warmly. "I wanna learn how to be an intergalactic explorer like you."
Wallace

As soon as he was given permission to hold the armor pieces, Wally was thrilled. He waited as patiently as he could for Kitter to move the pieces from the booth to the table in front of him. He had to keep himself from accidentally snatching them up. He didn't want to break them, after all.

He gingerly held one of the pieces of armor in both hands, staring at it like it was a beautiful treasure found in an antique or jewelry store. He turned it over once or twice, admiring the detail. It also had a nice texture to it.

"So... cool!" he whispered. "I'm holding alien armor... in an alien restaurant... on an alien planet... I almost can't believe it! Could this day get any better??"

Before the boy had the chance to potentially drop or damage it, he set it down carefully on the table and looked over at Kitter with an expression of admiration.

"You're honestly the coolest person I've ever met, Kitter," he said warmly. "I wanna learn how to be an intergalactic explorer like you."
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter
He watched the boy examine it very closely, seemed to enjoy any details on it. He didn't really look at it that way himself, it was just part of him after all... What was so special about that?

Kitter grinned and hesitated to respond. Oh wait he's serious- He was slightly flattered and he poked at the plates of armor on the table with a hint of nervousness. His usual reaction to compliments... Some avoidance.

""W-Why thank you! I am glad you think so..." He pulled his hand away and set the armor back next to him before finally looking back at Wallace, "I think you'd be great."

Before he could say anything else on the matter, the alien woman returned from the dark, two dishes in her hands. "So sorry for the wait! We had a... Interference." Her toothy smile returned soon after saying that and she set the dishes down on the table. She slide one of them to Kitter, it was basically a large mountain of various different fruits on a platter, all neatly set up. They were all ice cold, but some were cooked. It was different a strange, foreign from Earth mixture.

She then slide the other to Wallace. It was a small chunk of meat, impaled by a metal rod... Kind of looked like chicken. It was surrounded by an array of orange greens, as fiery as the grass outside, and scattered all around were little glowing white berries.
Kitter
He watched the boy examine it very closely, seemed to enjoy any details on it. He didn't really look at it that way himself, it was just part of him after all... What was so special about that?

Kitter grinned and hesitated to respond. Oh wait he's serious- He was slightly flattered and he poked at the plates of armor on the table with a hint of nervousness. His usual reaction to compliments... Some avoidance.

""W-Why thank you! I am glad you think so..." He pulled his hand away and set the armor back next to him before finally looking back at Wallace, "I think you'd be great."

Before he could say anything else on the matter, the alien woman returned from the dark, two dishes in her hands. "So sorry for the wait! We had a... Interference." Her toothy smile returned soon after saying that and she set the dishes down on the table. She slide one of them to Kitter, it was basically a large mountain of various different fruits on a platter, all neatly set up. They were all ice cold, but some were cooked. It was different a strange, foreign from Earth mixture.

She then slide the other to Wallace. It was a small chunk of meat, impaled by a metal rod... Kind of looked like chicken. It was surrounded by an array of orange greens, as fiery as the grass outside, and scattered all around were little glowing white berries.
Wallace

Wally wasn't sure what to expect after his heartwarming compliment, but he was pleased to have flattered Kitter nonetheless. He thought about how he might react if someone told him something along those lines. He would probably draw his hands close to his chest and giggle profusely. An awkward reaction, but it would be the first thing he'd do.

Speaking of compliments, in response, Kitter told him he'd be great as an explorer. Upon hearing that, he did exactly what he thought he would do; he let out a cute little laugh, wrapped his own arms around his chest, and swung his feet a bit more. He smiled merrily.

"Thanks! I'll do my best," he declared.

Before he could say anything else, the spider woman returned with their food. He relaxed almost instantly, lowering his arms back to his sides and taking a moderately deep breath. He eyed the food with utter fascination and eagerness, which only increased as his plate was set before him.

"Oooh!" he exclaimed, his gaze particularly focusing on the glowing berries. "This looks amazing! Thank you!"
Wallace

Wally wasn't sure what to expect after his heartwarming compliment, but he was pleased to have flattered Kitter nonetheless. He thought about how he might react if someone told him something along those lines. He would probably draw his hands close to his chest and giggle profusely. An awkward reaction, but it would be the first thing he'd do.

Speaking of compliments, in response, Kitter told him he'd be great as an explorer. Upon hearing that, he did exactly what he thought he would do; he let out a cute little laugh, wrapped his own arms around his chest, and swung his feet a bit more. He smiled merrily.

"Thanks! I'll do my best," he declared.

Before he could say anything else, the spider woman returned with their food. He relaxed almost instantly, lowering his arms back to his sides and taking a moderately deep breath. He eyed the food with utter fascination and eagerness, which only increased as his plate was set before him.

"Oooh!" he exclaimed, his gaze particularly focusing on the glowing berries. "This looks amazing! Thank you!"
xk7ymDQ.png
Kitter
"Agreed, thank you ma'am." He returned the smile to the woman, who stared at him for a moment, as if processing the fact that he looked different now. Though she soon put two and two together, she knew who he was.

She looked between them both, "Enjoy! Holler if you need anything." And as quickly as she has arrived, she disappeared again to attend to more people.

Kitter shivered a little once she left but shook it off as he looked over at Wallace's plate, "Oh yes that's really good! That meat's like beef and chicken combined, I've had it only a couple times but it sure was splendid." He looked down at his own plate. There were too many types to even name, he probably knew only a couple of them. But no matter what fruit he had, he'd enjoy it. Just not grapefruit. Thankfully, that was no where to be seen on this planet. Perfect.

"Dig in!" He grinned at him before he began to eat. It had been a while since Kitter had eaten a full meal and that can of peaches he'd had was barely anything to fuel him. He was a pretty fast eater usually, but he took his time on this occasion.
Kitter
"Agreed, thank you ma'am." He returned the smile to the woman, who stared at him for a moment, as if processing the fact that he looked different now. Though she soon put two and two together, she knew who he was.

She looked between them both, "Enjoy! Holler if you need anything." And as quickly as she has arrived, she disappeared again to attend to more people.

Kitter shivered a little once she left but shook it off as he looked over at Wallace's plate, "Oh yes that's really good! That meat's like beef and chicken combined, I've had it only a couple times but it sure was splendid." He looked down at his own plate. There were too many types to even name, he probably knew only a couple of them. But no matter what fruit he had, he'd enjoy it. Just not grapefruit. Thankfully, that was no where to be seen on this planet. Perfect.

"Dig in!" He grinned at him before he began to eat. It had been a while since Kitter had eaten a full meal and that can of peaches he'd had was barely anything to fuel him. He was a pretty fast eater usually, but he took his time on this occasion.
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 279 280