Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1-Dextrocarter and Niabi
1 2
Name: Helga Stormborn
Personality: A bit aloof, but clever, she secretly likes solving mysteries and finding out more about dragons. She is calm and levelheaded, something not typical of many vikings, but she uses that to her advantage.
Dragon: A Lightcutter (cross between a light fury and a stormcutter) named Silver. Her body is completely white and she is about mid-sized between your average light fury and stormcutter. She has the face of a light fury and bright blue eyes, but also the large horns of a stormcutter and the two pairs of wings. She is an elegant dragon and doesn't like to get dirty.
Appearance: Ashe-blonde hair that is intricately braided and reaches her waist, she wears thick leather armor decorated with the fallen white scales of Silver. Whenever Silver uses her ability to turn invisible, the scales on Helga's armor also react, rendering her invisible as well.
History: Grew up on Berk all her life. When dragons appeared, she was happy to explore the possibility of coexistence as it would mean an even greater opportunity to go out into the world and find adventure.
Other: Her favorite weapon is her halberd. Not a traditional viking weapon, but she figured an axe with a longer handle could be useful.

Name: Eoughan Frostcloak
Personality: Strong silent type. No, really. He does not speak. Makes him a great listener and once you get past his scary appearance he's really a nice guy. He is very patient and dragons tend to be rather calm around him as he "listens" to them in order to understand what they need.
Dragon: A male Deathwhip (razorwhip and death song hybrid) named Crackle. This dragon has the typical armored body of a razorwhip and the ability throw its deadly spines, but instead of being all silver this dragon has the colorful orange and blue patterns of a death song as well as the two large horns on his head. Unlike his rider, he can be quite vocal, but had to be well trained not to mind control other dragons all the time. He can spit amber like the death song, but it is somewhat weaker than a true death song's.
Appearance: Tall and bulky with muscle and bright red hair. His eyes are green. He wears leather armor augmented with the hardened scales of his dragon. It can be somewhat bright, but kinda cool.
History: Not much. Pretty much the same as Helga.
Other: Typical axe kind of guy.

@Dextrocarter
Name: Helga Stormborn
Personality: A bit aloof, but clever, she secretly likes solving mysteries and finding out more about dragons. She is calm and levelheaded, something not typical of many vikings, but she uses that to her advantage.
Dragon: A Lightcutter (cross between a light fury and a stormcutter) named Silver. Her body is completely white and she is about mid-sized between your average light fury and stormcutter. She has the face of a light fury and bright blue eyes, but also the large horns of a stormcutter and the two pairs of wings. She is an elegant dragon and doesn't like to get dirty.
Appearance: Ashe-blonde hair that is intricately braided and reaches her waist, she wears thick leather armor decorated with the fallen white scales of Silver. Whenever Silver uses her ability to turn invisible, the scales on Helga's armor also react, rendering her invisible as well.
History: Grew up on Berk all her life. When dragons appeared, she was happy to explore the possibility of coexistence as it would mean an even greater opportunity to go out into the world and find adventure.
Other: Her favorite weapon is her halberd. Not a traditional viking weapon, but she figured an axe with a longer handle could be useful.

Name: Eoughan Frostcloak
Personality: Strong silent type. No, really. He does not speak. Makes him a great listener and once you get past his scary appearance he's really a nice guy. He is very patient and dragons tend to be rather calm around him as he "listens" to them in order to understand what they need.
Dragon: A male Deathwhip (razorwhip and death song hybrid) named Crackle. This dragon has the typical armored body of a razorwhip and the ability throw its deadly spines, but instead of being all silver this dragon has the colorful orange and blue patterns of a death song as well as the two large horns on his head. Unlike his rider, he can be quite vocal, but had to be well trained not to mind control other dragons all the time. He can spit amber like the death song, but it is somewhat weaker than a true death song's.
Appearance: Tall and bulky with muscle and bright red hair. His eyes are green. He wears leather armor augmented with the hardened scales of his dragon. It can be somewhat bright, but kinda cool.
History: Not much. Pretty much the same as Helga.
Other: Typical axe kind of guy.

@Dextrocarter
Please ping me so I get your message. :3
(If you have a dragon that is descended from one of my progens then I would love to see!)
@Niabi

Name: Originally called "Erland", meaning Foreigner, by Asgar the Shepherd, which eventually evolved into "Erlamb", and is now often affectionately called "Lamb", and rudely referred to as "Lamb the Lost".
Personality: A very soft spoken Viking, they don't seem to have any interest in dragons at all. They don't completely avoid the topic, but have no desire for a dragon of their own or even to partake in the class. When it comes to interacting with them, they avoid being within several arms lengths at all costs. The only place in the stables they'll go willingly is the hatchery nests, and usually only at a feeding time so the mothers have left. Despite not seeming to share the rest of Berk's interest with fire breathing lizards, he is quite dependable and does his best to do both as he's told and what they say they'll do. Unfortunately, this sometimes means being saddled with jobs they'd rather not have.
Appearance: A little on the short side, but otherwise quite average. They've grown somewhat strong from working as a shepherd, but lifting sale lambs is hardly comparable to a more bulky viking. Their dusty brown hair is cut choppy and poorly, always insisting on doing it themself with a shearing blade.
History: He was found on the island's shore as a child, near death and bleeding profusely from a dragon attack. Their upper body is largely scarred from it, and because of it, most that remember the day they were found don't push them to befriend dragons. Without a family, and only crying for his first days of consciousness, they were taken in by one of the village's shepherds as an apprentice. The pasture is usually where they spend most of their time, except for recently. Their teacher, Asgar, offered up their herd to the dragon riders for training. Thus, they now have to spend time away from the main flock, dying wool and helping herd targets for both tactical drills and Dragon Races.
Other: Much more of a farming and livestock sort of viking, their combat skills are poor and mostly consist of chopping wood for fire in winter. Though, no matter the season, once a month they disappear completely without a trace. Coincidentally, the same time Lamb washed ashore, this new dragon started appearing. It never gets close, and only ever steals food, but has set many building ablaze when anyviking or dragon tries to get near it. All that's been made out of it is that it's a medium sized dragon with dusty brown scales.
@Niabi

Name: Originally called "Erland", meaning Foreigner, by Asgar the Shepherd, which eventually evolved into "Erlamb", and is now often affectionately called "Lamb", and rudely referred to as "Lamb the Lost".
Personality: A very soft spoken Viking, they don't seem to have any interest in dragons at all. They don't completely avoid the topic, but have no desire for a dragon of their own or even to partake in the class. When it comes to interacting with them, they avoid being within several arms lengths at all costs. The only place in the stables they'll go willingly is the hatchery nests, and usually only at a feeding time so the mothers have left. Despite not seeming to share the rest of Berk's interest with fire breathing lizards, he is quite dependable and does his best to do both as he's told and what they say they'll do. Unfortunately, this sometimes means being saddled with jobs they'd rather not have.
Appearance: A little on the short side, but otherwise quite average. They've grown somewhat strong from working as a shepherd, but lifting sale lambs is hardly comparable to a more bulky viking. Their dusty brown hair is cut choppy and poorly, always insisting on doing it themself with a shearing blade.
History: He was found on the island's shore as a child, near death and bleeding profusely from a dragon attack. Their upper body is largely scarred from it, and because of it, most that remember the day they were found don't push them to befriend dragons. Without a family, and only crying for his first days of consciousness, they were taken in by one of the village's shepherds as an apprentice. The pasture is usually where they spend most of their time, except for recently. Their teacher, Asgar, offered up their herd to the dragon riders for training. Thus, they now have to spend time away from the main flock, dying wool and helping herd targets for both tactical drills and Dragon Races.
Other: Much more of a farming and livestock sort of viking, their combat skills are poor and mostly consist of chopping wood for fire in winter. Though, no matter the season, once a month they disappear completely without a trace. Coincidentally, the same time Lamb washed ashore, this new dragon started appearing. It never gets close, and only ever steals food, but has set many building ablaze when anyviking or dragon tries to get near it. All that's been made out of it is that it's a medium sized dragon with dusty brown scales.
tumblr_nvyikj6ALi1u1qld9o3_r1_540.gif
(So I guess we can just start. ^^)
(So I guess we can just start. ^^)
(If you have a dragon that is descended from one of my progens then I would love to see!)
(Should you start, or should I?)
(Should you start, or should I?)
(You can since you have a better idea of it.)
(You can since you have a better idea of it.)
The morning starts truly like any other. Erlamb wakes up, does the chores, checks the herd, and sharpened the shears before breakfast.

Except, he remembers that today is the first day of the sheep deal. Groaning to themself, they get to work on tying rope halters for two of the more well mannered ewes. They aren't spooked by dragons much, and they're going to need that if they're to get through the day.

Asgar made a deal, supposedly a good one - though Lamb isn't sure they believe that entirely. Their sheep for the dragon riders. The livestock gets to live, and stay owned by the shepherds, and the dragon riders get to... do whatever it is they do with sheep. Erlamb really isn't sure, and they'd rather not find out. Hopefully they can just drop them off and leave and forget about it.

As the only dragon-less viking on Berk, they take the long route. Walking through the slight forests to get to the old dragon killing arena. It's been remodeled a bit, and mostly just became a big storehouse and a place for training more aggressive dragons. Not that Erlamb's ever been in it before.

Well, before today that is. Hesitantly, they walk with the ewes in tow, nervously picking at the ends of their ropes as they arrive.
The morning starts truly like any other. Erlamb wakes up, does the chores, checks the herd, and sharpened the shears before breakfast.

Except, he remembers that today is the first day of the sheep deal. Groaning to themself, they get to work on tying rope halters for two of the more well mannered ewes. They aren't spooked by dragons much, and they're going to need that if they're to get through the day.

Asgar made a deal, supposedly a good one - though Lamb isn't sure they believe that entirely. Their sheep for the dragon riders. The livestock gets to live, and stay owned by the shepherds, and the dragon riders get to... do whatever it is they do with sheep. Erlamb really isn't sure, and they'd rather not find out. Hopefully they can just drop them off and leave and forget about it.

As the only dragon-less viking on Berk, they take the long route. Walking through the slight forests to get to the old dragon killing arena. It's been remodeled a bit, and mostly just became a big storehouse and a place for training more aggressive dragons. Not that Erlamb's ever been in it before.

Well, before today that is. Hesitantly, they walk with the ewes in tow, nervously picking at the ends of their ropes as they arrive.
"I don't see why no one else couldn't have taken care of this," Helga groaned, pacing back and forth inside the dragon arena. "It's not like I don't have a million other things to tend to, like approving the gear for the races and dropping in on the elementary dragon riding course with the children or even doing patrols around Berk!" As she paced, a rather large young man sat nearby on top of a barrel, nodding as he listened politely. Behind him sat two rather large dragons, one white in color and the other a mix of orange and blue. Both seemed to cower at the intensity of the female viking's voice, choosing to keep their distance.

"We really need to find something other than sheep to use for this. Not to mention whoever is delivering our sheep is late!" Helga picked up an old axe and threw it at a dilapidated shield hanging on the far side of the arena. It made impact with flying colors, the old wood shattering into pieces.
"Ugh!" She turned back to her companions, hands on her hips. "This guy has five minutes to show up or I'm going on patrol and you can handle the sheep."
"I don't see why no one else couldn't have taken care of this," Helga groaned, pacing back and forth inside the dragon arena. "It's not like I don't have a million other things to tend to, like approving the gear for the races and dropping in on the elementary dragon riding course with the children or even doing patrols around Berk!" As she paced, a rather large young man sat nearby on top of a barrel, nodding as he listened politely. Behind him sat two rather large dragons, one white in color and the other a mix of orange and blue. Both seemed to cower at the intensity of the female viking's voice, choosing to keep their distance.

"We really need to find something other than sheep to use for this. Not to mention whoever is delivering our sheep is late!" Helga picked up an old axe and threw it at a dilapidated shield hanging on the far side of the arena. It made impact with flying colors, the old wood shattering into pieces.
"Ugh!" She turned back to her companions, hands on her hips. "This guy has five minutes to show up or I'm going on patrol and you can handle the sheep."
Not expecting dragons in the dragon arena is likely their first mistake. The moment they're inside, they freeze at the sight before being startled out of it by an axe making contact with a target shield and splintering. "By the gods," He breathes, one hand raised to their chest to ease their racing heart, while the other keeps hold on the sheep.

Heart attack averted, Lamb takes a few hesitant steps forward, just barely inside the circle of the ring before holding out the leads to the ewe's halters. "You, uh... need sheep?" They ask, voice raised just enough to be heard at the slight distance.

It feels like a mistake, and they lower their head to avoid eye contact with both of the dragons, and their riders.
Not expecting dragons in the dragon arena is likely their first mistake. The moment they're inside, they freeze at the sight before being startled out of it by an axe making contact with a target shield and splintering. "By the gods," He breathes, one hand raised to their chest to ease their racing heart, while the other keeps hold on the sheep.

Heart attack averted, Lamb takes a few hesitant steps forward, just barely inside the circle of the ring before holding out the leads to the ewe's halters. "You, uh... need sheep?" They ask, voice raised just enough to be heard at the slight distance.

It feels like a mistake, and they lower their head to avoid eye contact with both of the dragons, and their riders.
"Eh?" Helga looked up when another person appeared. She raised a brow, noting the startled look on their face. Then she noted the sheep.
"Oi! You're late!" She said, stalking forward. "But I guess it's better late than never." She sighed, hands on her hips as she looked the new person over. Their voice was meek and unimpressive, at least to her. She took the halters, glancing back at Eoughan and the dragons a moment before turning to the newcomer.
"Well, thanks. We'll take care of them. I don't suppose you're going to watch the race?"

Eoughan was silent, taking in the person's appearance and stance. It was obvious they were uncomfortable. Could it be the dragons? Eoughan looked over at the Silver and Crackle. They weren't displaying aggressive behavior. If anything they were being rather submissive given Helga's earlier tirade. This was... interesting.
"Eh?" Helga looked up when another person appeared. She raised a brow, noting the startled look on their face. Then she noted the sheep.
"Oi! You're late!" She said, stalking forward. "But I guess it's better late than never." She sighed, hands on her hips as she looked the new person over. Their voice was meek and unimpressive, at least to her. She took the halters, glancing back at Eoughan and the dragons a moment before turning to the newcomer.
"Well, thanks. We'll take care of them. I don't suppose you're going to watch the race?"

Eoughan was silent, taking in the person's appearance and stance. It was obvious they were uncomfortable. Could it be the dragons? Eoughan looked over at the Silver and Crackle. They weren't displaying aggressive behavior. If anything they were being rather submissive given Helga's earlier tirade. This was... interesting.
Erlamb flinches back as the girl takes the sheep halters. They want to bite back that they'd like to see her do flock chores and walk here in a timely fashion, but given the circumstances, they stay quiet. Though, they can't help the knee jerk recoil at the suggestion of watching the dragon race. Scowling, they shake their head. "I've never watched any of the races." They admit, starting out almost venomous before dropping off into almost a mumble.

Nervously tugging at the sleeve of their tunic, they shift their weight. "You're not gonna... hurt the ewes, right?" They double check, in a small voice. Opting once more to look at the stone floor instead of the dragon riders, or their dragons.
Erlamb flinches back as the girl takes the sheep halters. They want to bite back that they'd like to see her do flock chores and walk here in a timely fashion, but given the circumstances, they stay quiet. Though, they can't help the knee jerk recoil at the suggestion of watching the dragon race. Scowling, they shake their head. "I've never watched any of the races." They admit, starting out almost venomous before dropping off into almost a mumble.

Nervously tugging at the sleeve of their tunic, they shift their weight. "You're not gonna... hurt the ewes, right?" They double check, in a small voice. Opting once more to look at the stone floor instead of the dragon riders, or their dragons.
1 2