Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The School on Witch Lane (Discussion)
1 2 3 4
Welcome to the discussion
Here we can talk about anything, ships, plot ideas/twists/etc, covens, whatever you guys want to talk about.

I will post the day, weather, events, and foods on the menu here every new roleplay day.

About the Roleplay
The school on Witch Lane is a strange school, teens from all over the world are allowed to join, but all that come are strange, and don’t talk much with the towns people.
The Story
Witches have existed for a long, long time, their male counterparts, most commonly known as wizards and warlocks, are just as old. In the medieval days, witches were almost rotted out; no matter how well they hid their magic and powers, they were burned, maybe just because a man caught them cooking a mushroom soup, or the very rare chance that they were actually caught using actual magic. But now, in more modern days, it's much simpler to hide magic, as the people don't believe in the myths of witchcraft, but that doesn't mean it isn't hard. Before, witches were trained by their parents, but these magical people are becoming more "human", they are getting jobs, living as any normal human would, and so they don't have as much time to train their children in the ancient ways. That's why the witch schools were made, not very many, just a few, scattered around the world, in small towns. Thirteen is a witches lucky number, there are thirteen in a coven, thirteen different elements, and now, thirteen witch schools. The one this story takes place in, is The Academy for the Gifted, the first witch school ever built, its Headmistress, Misses Penelope Nightthrush, great,great granddaughter of Veridone Nightthrush, Founder of the academy, keeps a stern and watchful eye, literally one eye, over the academy, with the help of her hawk familiar, Thorn.

The world is Earth, though the towns with Witch Schools are made up. The town the Academy is in, is called Mahgs Verlut Vicht in the Witch Tongue, Magic Blood Not. The humans call it the town of Thistle Forest, students either call it by the human name, or Verlut Vicht. The town is on the Canadian border, so students from other countries usually fly into Quebec or New York. It's a small and old town, the houses are made of heavy wood and stone, basements are common, and many would think: The town has The town has a witch school, so it has many witch families, it actually has only one known witch family, the Nightthrush's. The Academy buildings, like the town itself, is old and rustic, stone walls, keeping it cool in the summer, and warm in the bitter winters. There are three buildings, the school portion, where the students take their indoor classes, and the two dormitories, one for girls, one for boys, Penelope is very strict about the "children" as she calls them, being separate.

1. Please credit any art that you use, I will give you one warning before declining, only use art for familiars.
2. Reservations will only last 24 hours, I will PM you when it ends.

Roleplay Rules
1. Cursing is allowed, but please keep it to a minimum.
2. This is a semi-literate to literate roleplay, please post 5+ sentences, and reply at least three times a week, especially on the weekends.
3. I will decide when the days pass and what the weather is.
4. Hate the character, not the player.
5. PM me if you no longer want to be in the RP, and we can figure something out.
6. I'm not planning for there to be any deaths, but if you supposedly get in a fight and hurt someone, or they hurt you, make sure you and the player are both okay with it.
7. You can have your characters get hurt, like a twisted ankle or something during random events.
Welcome to the discussion
Here we can talk about anything, ships, plot ideas/twists/etc, covens, whatever you guys want to talk about.

I will post the day, weather, events, and foods on the menu here every new roleplay day.

About the Roleplay
The school on Witch Lane is a strange school, teens from all over the world are allowed to join, but all that come are strange, and don’t talk much with the towns people.
The Story
Witches have existed for a long, long time, their male counterparts, most commonly known as wizards and warlocks, are just as old. In the medieval days, witches were almost rotted out; no matter how well they hid their magic and powers, they were burned, maybe just because a man caught them cooking a mushroom soup, or the very rare chance that they were actually caught using actual magic. But now, in more modern days, it's much simpler to hide magic, as the people don't believe in the myths of witchcraft, but that doesn't mean it isn't hard. Before, witches were trained by their parents, but these magical people are becoming more "human", they are getting jobs, living as any normal human would, and so they don't have as much time to train their children in the ancient ways. That's why the witch schools were made, not very many, just a few, scattered around the world, in small towns. Thirteen is a witches lucky number, there are thirteen in a coven, thirteen different elements, and now, thirteen witch schools. The one this story takes place in, is The Academy for the Gifted, the first witch school ever built, its Headmistress, Misses Penelope Nightthrush, great,great granddaughter of Veridone Nightthrush, Founder of the academy, keeps a stern and watchful eye, literally one eye, over the academy, with the help of her hawk familiar, Thorn.

The world is Earth, though the towns with Witch Schools are made up. The town the Academy is in, is called Mahgs Verlut Vicht in the Witch Tongue, Magic Blood Not. The humans call it the town of Thistle Forest, students either call it by the human name, or Verlut Vicht. The town is on the Canadian border, so students from other countries usually fly into Quebec or New York. It's a small and old town, the houses are made of heavy wood and stone, basements are common, and many would think: The town has The town has a witch school, so it has many witch families, it actually has only one known witch family, the Nightthrush's. The Academy buildings, like the town itself, is old and rustic, stone walls, keeping it cool in the summer, and warm in the bitter winters. There are three buildings, the school portion, where the students take their indoor classes, and the two dormitories, one for girls, one for boys, Penelope is very strict about the "children" as she calls them, being separate.

1. Please credit any art that you use, I will give you one warning before declining, only use art for familiars.
2. Reservations will only last 24 hours, I will PM you when it ends.

Roleplay Rules
1. Cursing is allowed, but please keep it to a minimum.
2. This is a semi-literate to literate roleplay, please post 5+ sentences, and reply at least three times a week, especially on the weekends.
3. I will decide when the days pass and what the weather is.
4. Hate the character, not the player.
5. PM me if you no longer want to be in the RP, and we can figure something out.
6. I'm not planning for there to be any deaths, but if you supposedly get in a fight and hurt someone, or they hurt you, make sure you and the player are both okay with it.
7. You can have your characters get hurt, like a twisted ankle or something during random events.
Quick question. How many people do we need to get started?
Quick question. How many people do we need to get started?
Oh. I’m gay now. Hm. Also, call me Moondalf!
CREEPAHC4T6yYj.png
AWWWWWWWWWW MAN
Not many for students but I was hoping the teacher slots would get filled if not I'll create some teachers to rp with. If the ranger and healer slots don't fill up they can become npcs.
Not many for students but I was hoping the teacher slots would get filled if not I'll create some teachers to rp with. If the ranger and healer slots don't fill up they can become npcs.
Do you have anything in mind for plot, @LilDragon666? I know this is supposed to be 'slice of life,' but a little bit of direction might be useful.
Do you have anything in mind for plot, @LilDragon666? I know this is supposed to be 'slice of life,' but a little bit of direction might be useful.
bic_signaturefinal_by_starkindlerstudio-daq8vx1.png
@Bic Not really, I liked the idea of making a witch school rp, but I'm better at world building than plot making
@Bic Not really, I liked the idea of making a witch school rp, but I'm better at world building than plot making
I'm sure we'll figure something out, with all of these quirky characters.

Speaking of which, I have a Dreams teacher whose form should be ready in an hour. I hope everyone will like him - I just threw him together on the spot, haha : )
I'm sure we'll figure something out, with all of these quirky characters.

Speaking of which, I have a Dreams teacher whose form should be ready in an hour. I hope everyone will like him - I just threw him together on the spot, haha : )
@LilDragon666, if you don't have any ideas for a roleplay plot, why don't you arrange "deciding-on-plot meetings" before every in-roleplay day? Together, we'll be able to agree on a plot direction for each session!
@LilDragon666, if you don't have any ideas for a roleplay plot, why don't you arrange "deciding-on-plot meetings" before every in-roleplay day? Together, we'll be able to agree on a plot direction for each session!
@taliarasque Thx! I haven't thought of that.
@taliarasque Thx! I haven't thought of that.
@LilDragon666

let's do the first one tomorrow!
@LilDragon666

let's do the first one tomorrow!
I've made a timetable for the in-roleplay schedule - this way, teachers can know which students they'll be interacting with during each scene and vice versa. Find it on the reformatted roleplay rules, or download the image here: https://imgur.com/0oq4pPZ
I've made a timetable for the in-roleplay schedule - this way, teachers can know which students they'll be interacting with during each scene and vice versa. Find it on the reformatted roleplay rules, or download the image here: https://imgur.com/0oq4pPZ
1 2 3 4