Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/babybrackish
1 2
@babybrackish (( Premise -- they explore part of the golem workshop and encounter the experiments going on there and have to find their way out of a mad scientist's lair... )) Checking her crudely-drawn map for the upteenth time, Jude squinted at the picture and then squinted at the land before her. Yeah, this was the spot, or it should be. It just looked like a wasteland. But then again, much of the stormlands appeared sort of... desolate to the young wildclaw. Rolling the map up in her claws and stuffing it back into her satchel, she started to pick her way down the hill and into the valley. There were lots of shrubs and scrub brush and weird, twisted little trees that half looked like they'd been struck by lightening at least once in their lives. Catching herself on one such weird little tree as her feet slipped out from under her, Jude wiped sweat from her brow and wondered if she would run into any friendlies this time or if this was really going to be a solo venture again... [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60528825] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/605289/60528825_350.png[/img] [/url]
@babybrackish
(( Premise -- they explore part of the golem workshop and encounter the experiments going on there and have to find their way out of a mad scientist's lair... ))

Checking her crudely-drawn map for the upteenth time, Jude squinted at the picture and then squinted at the land before her. Yeah, this was the spot, or it should be. It just looked like a wasteland. But then again, much of the stormlands appeared sort of... desolate to the young wildclaw.

Rolling the map up in her claws and stuffing it back into her satchel, she started to pick her way down the hill and into the valley. There were lots of shrubs and scrub brush and weird, twisted little trees that half looked like they'd been struck by lightening at least once in their lives. Catching herself on one such weird little tree as her feet slipped out from under her, Jude wiped sweat from her brow and wondered if she would run into any friendlies this time or if this was really going to be a solo venture again...

60528825_350.png
kmAu4dW.png bonsai_cnicht_1_by_auricolor-dajtoqd.png
Actively seeking lore clans to be Allies

rolz5s9.png
SoxF2SS.png?1.png
Slipping her compass back into her satchel, Seer tromped her way across the land, taking in the sight of the scarred nature before her. She couldn’t say she was necessarily [i]excited[/i] about being in the storm lands, but it would give her something to journal about, at least, and her friends would love for her to bring the story back. She snorted as a spindly branch snapped against her face, prompting her to shake her head and glare at it. Too bad you can’t fight a tree. Stretching her wings out, she continued on, only to stop when she heard the sound of someone approaching. Green eyes narrowing, she lifted her head and growled out, “Is someone there?” [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59619546] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/596196/59619546_350.png[/img] [/url]
Slipping her compass back into her satchel, Seer tromped her way across the land, taking in the sight of the scarred nature before her. She couldn’t say she was necessarily excited about being in the storm lands, but it would give her something to journal about, at least, and her friends would love for her to bring the story back.

She snorted as a spindly branch snapped against her face, prompting her to shake her head and glare at it. Too bad you can’t fight a tree. Stretching her wings out, she continued on, only to stop when she heard the sound of someone approaching. Green eyes narrowing, she lifted her head and growled out, “Is someone there?”

59619546_350.png
they/them. the bisexual metalhead you need.
@babybrackish

Jude started, whipping around on her heels and gazing wide-eyed back through the scrub. Indeed, she could see another dragon just up the ridge. Jude stepped out from behind the weird little tree she had used for balance and gave a weak wave.

"Hello! Yes, I'm right over here," she called, raising her voice just enough to be heard but not enough to alert every harpy or lumen in the area. She picked her way across the terrain to get a bit closer to to the other dragon, holding her claws up to show she was unarmed. She canted her head to the side and narrowed her eyes. "Let me guess, you're here looking for the abandoned factory too???"
@babybrackish

Jude started, whipping around on her heels and gazing wide-eyed back through the scrub. Indeed, she could see another dragon just up the ridge. Jude stepped out from behind the weird little tree she had used for balance and gave a weak wave.

"Hello! Yes, I'm right over here," she called, raising her voice just enough to be heard but not enough to alert every harpy or lumen in the area. She picked her way across the terrain to get a bit closer to to the other dragon, holding her claws up to show she was unarmed. She canted her head to the side and narrowed her eyes. "Let me guess, you're here looking for the abandoned factory too???"

rolz5s9.png
SoxF2SS.png?1.png
@cnicht

Seer blinked as another dragon came into view. She watched as the dragon approached, one brow raised. Upon realizing the dragon’s lack of weapons, she immediately relaxed, the tension leaving her body. At the dragon’s question, she tipped her head to the side, a pensive look on her face.

In all honesty, she’d just been heading in a general direction in hopes of finding something interesting. An abandoned factory... that could be something interesting. Yes, that’s something indeed. “I might be,” she said easily. “Certainly sounds like an interesting place.”
@cnicht

Seer blinked as another dragon came into view. She watched as the dragon approached, one brow raised. Upon realizing the dragon’s lack of weapons, she immediately relaxed, the tension leaving her body. At the dragon’s question, she tipped her head to the side, a pensive look on her face.

In all honesty, she’d just been heading in a general direction in hopes of finding something interesting. An abandoned factory... that could be something interesting. Yes, that’s something indeed. “I might be,” she said easily. “Certainly sounds like an interesting place.”
(( I'm subbed so you don't have to ping me if you don't want to :3 ))

Jude nodded, as though everyone would want to find an abandoned factory and that wasn't strange at all. She extended a hand. "Name's Jude," she said warmly, giving Seer a once over and determining that maybe she could hold up in a scrappy fight. That's really all you needed as an adventurer.

Jude glanced back toward the valley, apparently empty except for the weird trees and the suspiciously flat spot besides a little pond. Jude wondered if this entire little valley had once been a lake, which led her to wonder if the factory was underground and if so, flooded? This was bound to be one for the books.
(( I'm subbed so you don't have to ping me if you don't want to :3 ))

Jude nodded, as though everyone would want to find an abandoned factory and that wasn't strange at all. She extended a hand. "Name's Jude," she said warmly, giving Seer a once over and determining that maybe she could hold up in a scrappy fight. That's really all you needed as an adventurer.

Jude glanced back toward the valley, apparently empty except for the weird trees and the suspiciously flat spot besides a little pond. Jude wondered if this entire little valley had once been a lake, which led her to wonder if the factory was underground and if so, flooded? This was bound to be one for the books.

rolz5s9.png
SoxF2SS.png?1.png
(( i just subbed too!! ))

Seer took her hand, giving it a firm shake. “Seer,” she said with a lazy smile. “Nice to meet you." She looked off across the land, humming to herself as her eyes scanned the earth. There was nothing particularly interesting about it, at least not to her, though it was awfully barren.

Her eyes slid back towards Jude. “So.” She shook her head a bit, humming as a breeze brushed against her. “Where would this factory be, exactly?”
(( i just subbed too!! ))

Seer took her hand, giving it a firm shake. “Seer,” she said with a lazy smile. “Nice to meet you." She looked off across the land, humming to herself as her eyes scanned the earth. There was nothing particularly interesting about it, at least not to her, though it was awfully barren.

Her eyes slid back towards Jude. “So.” She shook her head a bit, humming as a breeze brushed against her. “Where would this factory be, exactly?”
Jude rubbed her hands together, looking out over the barren valley. There was that weird flat spot down by the pond. Grabbing her satchel, she once again pulled out her crude map and handed it to Seer. It looked like a child had drawn it, including a great big X right about where they were standing.

"It should be right here," Jude said slowly, tapping a claw against her chin. She began to pick her way down the hill into the valley while Seer looked at the map. The flat spot was close, and upon closer inspect Jude thought she saw something--she bent down to brush some dirt away, and she uncovered a circular piece of metal that seemed flush with the ground.

She glanced back at Seer. "Seer! I think i found a clue?"
Jude rubbed her hands together, looking out over the barren valley. There was that weird flat spot down by the pond. Grabbing her satchel, she once again pulled out her crude map and handed it to Seer. It looked like a child had drawn it, including a great big X right about where they were standing.

"It should be right here," Jude said slowly, tapping a claw against her chin. She began to pick her way down the hill into the valley while Seer looked at the map. The flat spot was close, and upon closer inspect Jude thought she saw something--she bent down to brush some dirt away, and she uncovered a circular piece of metal that seemed flush with the ground.

She glanced back at Seer. "Seer! I think i found a clue?"

rolz5s9.png
SoxF2SS.png?1.png
Seer looked the map over, arching a brow at the quality of it. It was crude and messy, and something about it struck Seer right. Anyone willing to use such a scrappy little map and trek around on their own is the kind of person Seer can get along with.

She raised her head at Jude’s call, carefully rolling up the map and making her way towards the adventurer. She stopped beside Jude and peered down at the metal, squinting. Whatever it was, it was very out of place.

“What is that?”
Seer looked the map over, arching a brow at the quality of it. It was crude and messy, and something about it struck Seer right. Anyone willing to use such a scrappy little map and trek around on their own is the kind of person Seer can get along with.

She raised her head at Jude’s call, carefully rolling up the map and making her way towards the adventurer. She stopped beside Jude and peered down at the metal, squinting. Whatever it was, it was very out of place.

“What is that?”
Jude canted her head to the side and shrugged. "I havent the faintest idea," she began, stepping in a wide circle around the strange plate. "But its the closest thing to 'Factory' aesthetic i see out here. What do you think would happen if..."

Pausing in her slow circle, Jude turned toward the plate. She gave Seer a wild grin, her eyes flashing with mischievous light. She took a step forward, setting her taloned foot directly on the plate.

She wasn't sure what she had expected, but she hadn't expected the floor to open up with a great creaking sound, plummeting the two dragonesses and a ton of dirt and scrub down into darkness.
Jude canted her head to the side and shrugged. "I havent the faintest idea," she began, stepping in a wide circle around the strange plate. "But its the closest thing to 'Factory' aesthetic i see out here. What do you think would happen if..."

Pausing in her slow circle, Jude turned toward the plate. She gave Seer a wild grin, her eyes flashing with mischievous light. She took a step forward, setting her taloned foot directly on the plate.

She wasn't sure what she had expected, but she hadn't expected the floor to open up with a great creaking sound, plummeting the two dragonesses and a ton of dirt and scrub down into darkness.

rolz5s9.png
SoxF2SS.png?1.png
Seer’s own grin quickly disappeared as the floor gave way beneath them. She couldn’t help her squawk, her eyes wide as she hurled towards the floor. She shouted as her head cracked against the floor, her claws scrabbling as she fought to catch herself.

She gave up in that effort, letting herself flop to the floor, sprawling out across it. She groaned, shifting just enough to pull her wings out from beneath herself.

She laid there, crumpled on the floor, groaning as her head spun. She lifted her head, snorting as dirt stirred around her face, and cracked her eyes open to take in the sight of the area around them. “What... is this....”
Seer’s own grin quickly disappeared as the floor gave way beneath them. She couldn’t help her squawk, her eyes wide as she hurled towards the floor. She shouted as her head cracked against the floor, her claws scrabbling as she fought to catch herself.

She gave up in that effort, letting herself flop to the floor, sprawling out across it. She groaned, shifting just enough to pull her wings out from beneath herself.

She laid there, crumpled on the floor, groaning as her head spun. She lifted her head, snorting as dirt stirred around her face, and cracked her eyes open to take in the sight of the area around them. “What... is this....”
1 2