Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Beyond Our Own (OOC/Open)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I know you guys have already started, but hopefully it's not too late to join! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/63nhP4U.jpg[/img][/center] [b][center][size=4] Krisantha "Kris" Cheyne [/size][/center][/b] [b]Name:[/b] Krisantha Cheyne [b]Age:[/b] 20 // 114 [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Sexuality:[/b] Heterosexual [b]Species:[/b] Human [Cyborg Components] [b]Career:[/b] [Former] Military Police Captain [b]History:[/b] Having grown up in a fairly poor household and being the middle child in a family of five children, Kris learnt to fend for herself early-on in life. She spent a lot of time out in the streets, often getting into trouble for stealing and starting fights. Her streak of bad behaviour led to several school suspensions throughout her teenage years, and her parents eventually kicked her out of the house at the age of 18. Having no home and neither the grades nor funding necessary to pursue a further education, Kris turned to military service. At first it was out of necessity, but she soon found that she enjoyed military work. She was able to channel her penchant for fighting into something productive, and for the first time in her life she felt a sense of purpose. Kris would spent the next several decades serving as a military police officer, working her way up to the rank of Captain. Over the years, Kris got injured often, but it was never anything that recent medical advances couldn't fix. That was, until she got shot in the back of the head. The bullet was able to be removed, but not without leaving lasting damage on her cerebellum. The damage led to severe muscle tremors and a wide, staggering gait, which meant it was difficult for Kris to perform daily functions, let alone return to her duties as a police officer. Feeling she had nothing left to lose, Kris decided to partake in a dangerous, highly experimental surgery to replace her cerebellum with robotic components - knowing fully well that alterations to the brain were scarcely performed. The surgery was a success, and Kris not only regained her normal muscle functions, but enhanced her balance, coordination, and reflexes. However, whether she will be able to return to her position as Captain is yet to be seen, as the ordeal has left her with psychological trauma. [b]Home description:[/b] A comfortable apartment in one of the less-polluted areas. It's only one-bedroom, but luxuriously furnished. Though Kris is very content with it, at the moment she is being housed in a hospital in order to monitor her response to the surgery. [b]Appearance:[/b] Kris is on the shorter side, just standing at a height of 5'3", but is toned from her years spent in training, and her sharp facial features give her an intimidating expression. She has tanned skin and curly, shoulder-length brown hair, as well as large, dark brown eyes. She has a beauty mark on her cheek. [b]Personality:[/b] + Observant + Dutiful + Tenacious - Abrasive - Stubborn - Withdrawn [b]Likes:[/b] Routine, physical work, dark humour, dogs [b]Dislikes:[/b] Bureaucracy, dishonesty, being idle [b]Hobbies:[/b] Kickboxing, rock-climbing, cooking [b]Skills:[/b] Enhanced motor skills, marksmanship [b]Weapon of choice:[/b] Any type of gun, but prefers a quarterstaff at close-range [b]Group-oriented or solo worker?:[/b] Group-oriented [b]Ambitions:[/b] She's never been out of the military/police environment before, so she's still figuring that out.
I know you guys have already started, but hopefully it's not too late to join!
63nhP4U.jpg
Krisantha "Kris" Cheyne

Name: Krisantha Cheyne
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Species: Human [Cyborg Components]

Career: [Former] Military Police Captain
History: Having grown up in a fairly poor household and being the middle child in a family of five children, Kris learnt to fend for herself early-on in life. She spent a lot of time out in the streets, often getting into trouble for stealing and starting fights. Her streak of bad behaviour led to several school suspensions throughout her teenage years, and her parents eventually kicked her out of the house at the age of 18.

Having no home and neither the grades nor funding necessary to pursue a further education, Kris turned to military service. At first it was out of necessity, but she soon found that she enjoyed military work. She was able to channel her penchant for fighting into something productive, and for the first time in her life she felt a sense of purpose. Kris would spent the next several decades serving as a military police officer, working her way up to the rank of Captain. Over the years, Kris got injured often, but it was never anything that recent medical advances couldn't fix. That was, until she got shot in the back of the head.

The bullet was able to be removed, but not without leaving lasting damage on her cerebellum. The damage led to severe muscle tremors and a wide, staggering gait, which meant it was difficult for Kris to perform daily functions, let alone return to her duties as a police officer. Feeling she had nothing left to lose, Kris decided to partake in a dangerous, highly experimental surgery to replace her cerebellum with robotic components - knowing fully well that alterations to the brain were scarcely performed.

The surgery was a success, and Kris not only regained her normal muscle functions, but enhanced her balance, coordination, and reflexes. However, whether she will be able to return to her position as Captain is yet to be seen, as the ordeal has left her with psychological trauma.
Home description: A comfortable apartment in one of the less-polluted areas. It's only one-bedroom, but luxuriously furnished. Though Kris is very content with it, at the moment she is being housed in a hospital in order to monitor her response to the surgery.

Appearance: Kris is on the shorter side, just standing at a height of 5'3", but is toned from her years spent in training, and her sharp facial features give her an intimidating expression. She has tanned skin and curly, shoulder-length brown hair, as well as large, dark brown eyes. She has a beauty mark on her cheek.
Personality:
+ Observant
+ Dutiful
+ Tenacious
- Abrasive
- Stubborn
- Withdrawn

Dislikes: Bureaucracy, dishonesty, being idle
Hobbies: Kickboxing, rock-climbing, cooking

Skills: Enhanced motor skills, marksmanship
Weapon of choice: Any type of gun, but prefers a quarterstaff at close-range
Group-oriented or solo worker?: Group-oriented
Ambitions: She's never been out of the military/police environment before, so she's still figuring that out.
female | aries | ENTJ | dutch
YGDIGK3.png
Sounds really well-developed, can't wait to see how she fares with the group. Or, well, honestly, lack thereof. ^^ I'll ping you in the IC thread.
Sounds really well-developed, can't wait to see how she fares with the group. Or, well, honestly, lack thereof. ^^ I'll ping you in the IC thread.
76927939ad6134c1b5b0fa472803ca4b.png
Will wait for everyone to post once before I continue ^^
Will wait for everyone to post once before I continue ^^
D: how do you guys write so much this isn't fair
D: how do you guys write so much this isn't fair
bleh
she/her
FR time +3
You don't have to write a whole lot, it's fine if your post is shorter.
You don't have to write a whole lot, it's fine if your post is shorter.
is blythe still holding the ticket
is blythe still holding the ticket
bleh
she/her
FR time +3
also did she attend like a social event recently

@CrypticMeaning
also did she attend like a social event recently

@CrypticMeaning
bleh
she/her
FR time +3
@iamthebleh
If it's alright with you I'm going to continue the story, feel free to post what you've been working on anyways, as I'm not going to forward the plot too much.
@iamthebleh
If it's alright with you I'm going to continue the story, feel free to post what you've been working on anyways, as I'm not going to forward the plot too much.
@iamthebleh

Blythe is holding the ticket, yes. And she does attend a lot of social events, so also yes.
@iamthebleh

Blythe is holding the ticket, yes. And she does attend a lot of social events, so also yes.
I'm a pansexual with she/her pronouns. I don't mind a message or a ping! Timezone is +1 FR time.
Currently: Grew UP in the French court, oui oui bonjour, life was a chore so...
ok good
ok good
bleh
she/her
FR time +3
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13