Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ancient Prison RP Thread [Closed]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@eggosaur

{xanthis's pov}

xanthis spotted a banescale claw silently slip a jawbone into her cell. she did nothing for a second, eyeing it in curiosity. she could feel the banescale eyeing her expectantly. xanthis snatched the jawbone, murmuring a raspy "thank you". no one had ever given her a gift before, even if it was just a rotting bone.
this time she fully turned towards the banescale, her scarlet scales rattling. "thank you," she repeated louder this time, attempting a grin, but only mustering a toothy crooked sneer. i must look like a maniac, smiling like this... she thought.
@eggosaur

{xanthis's pov}

xanthis spotted a banescale claw silently slip a jawbone into her cell. she did nothing for a second, eyeing it in curiosity. she could feel the banescale eyeing her expectantly. xanthis snatched the jawbone, murmuring a raspy "thank you". no one had ever given her a gift before, even if it was just a rotting bone.
this time she fully turned towards the banescale, her scarlet scales rattling. "thank you," she repeated louder this time, attempting a grin, but only mustering a toothy crooked sneer. i must look like a maniac, smiling like this... she thought.
VxOtqjN.pngVoQaqlF.png
Saria
Saria swayed on her feet, ready to duck when Dellofall finally retaliated. She would beat him, easily.

Aria
Aria shook herself, feathers flying into position, before looking up at Shadowshifter, 'I'm going down to the cells. There are new Gaolers arriving.' with that, she turned and walked down the hall.
Saria
Saria swayed on her feet, ready to duck when Dellofall finally retaliated. She would beat him, easily.

Aria
Aria shook herself, feathers flying into position, before looking up at Shadowshifter, 'I'm going down to the cells. There are new Gaolers arriving.' with that, she turned and walked down the hall.
nZJa3n3.png
Styx

The Banescale's eyes were closed, a peaceful smile on her face as she let the sounds of the jail lull her into oblivion like a grotesque lullaby. She hummed her own eerie tune to accompany it, the notes filtering slowly through the freezing air. They didn't carry far, as if they were freezing themselves, hovering in midair like forgotten memories...

Gradually a new sound worked its way into the mix, almost inaudible, but if she listened very carefully... there. The sound of a Gaoler's tread upon the icy floor. Styx's sinister song increased in intensity, the only sign of her growing anticipation. For she knew this particular Gaoler's tread well... oh, so very well...

Smoke began to curl from between rows of razor sharp fangs, oozed out from between talons strong as steel. And still, Styx retained her posture, wings tucked to her sides, lying stretched across the floor of her cell (or as stretched as she could get in the tiny cage). Her eyes remained closed as if in a peaceful slumber, using her keen hearing to track the Gaoler's path through the cells, growing louder and louder with each passing minute. She enjoyed listening to his journey towards her, savoring each step, knowing it would likely be her only chance to interact with another living being for quite some time...

She intended to make the most of it.

Her pulse quickened as the footfalls finally ceased, her unearthly humming along with them.

The Gaoler's voice rang out gravely and stern, uttering her name as if she were the most despicable creature in the universe. Which she probably was.

"Ah Nostus, my old friend," she spoke in a sultry slur, her voice dripping with sarcasm. As she spoke, her otherworldly smoke filled the small space between them, pouring out between the tiny square holes in the iron gate barring the entrance to her cell. Through the obsidian cloud, her eyes glowed a sickly purple hue... "And here I though you'd forgotten all about me..."

Styx

The Banescale's eyes were closed, a peaceful smile on her face as she let the sounds of the jail lull her into oblivion like a grotesque lullaby. She hummed her own eerie tune to accompany it, the notes filtering slowly through the freezing air. They didn't carry far, as if they were freezing themselves, hovering in midair like forgotten memories...

Gradually a new sound worked its way into the mix, almost inaudible, but if she listened very carefully... there. The sound of a Gaoler's tread upon the icy floor. Styx's sinister song increased in intensity, the only sign of her growing anticipation. For she knew this particular Gaoler's tread well... oh, so very well...

Smoke began to curl from between rows of razor sharp fangs, oozed out from between talons strong as steel. And still, Styx retained her posture, wings tucked to her sides, lying stretched across the floor of her cell (or as stretched as she could get in the tiny cage). Her eyes remained closed as if in a peaceful slumber, using her keen hearing to track the Gaoler's path through the cells, growing louder and louder with each passing minute. She enjoyed listening to his journey towards her, savoring each step, knowing it would likely be her only chance to interact with another living being for quite some time...

She intended to make the most of it.

Her pulse quickened as the footfalls finally ceased, her unearthly humming along with them.

The Gaoler's voice rang out gravely and stern, uttering her name as if she were the most despicable creature in the universe. Which she probably was.

"Ah Nostus, my old friend," she spoke in a sultry slur, her voice dripping with sarcasm. As she spoke, her otherworldly smoke filled the small space between them, pouring out between the tiny square holes in the iron gate barring the entrance to her cell. Through the obsidian cloud, her eyes glowed a sickly purple hue... "And here I though you'd forgotten all about me..."

wjPnp7u.png
Solare & Necrotica

As Necrotica had anticipated, the first thing she noticed about the prison was the cold. It seemed as if it were a living thing, penetrating through to the thickest parts of her coat. She imagined the Banescales locked in their cages, with no warm fur to protect them, must be frozen to the bone. As both Gaolers walked down the ice-covered entry hall, frost began to creep along the enormous horns adorning their shaggy heads.

They came to a second set of doors, secured with a complicated-looking set of locks and chains, encrusted with a lair of ice so thick it would take an enormous dragon to break them loose. The sisters turned to one another. Solare shrugged.

"I guess we knock?" She suggested, and proceeded to whack her right antler against the iron door. The bang reverberated throughout the entry hall and Necrotica cringed in response.

"Geez Solare, wake the whole prison why don't you?" Necrotica scoffed as the sound of her sister's knock finally faded into the distance.

"You know me," Solare responded with a smirk, "I can never resist a grand entrance."

Necrotica rolled her eyes, but chuckled despite herself. Somehow even in the depths of an icy prison, Solare managed to bring a smile to her face. After everything they'd been through together over the years, Necrotica couldn't think of anywhere else she'd rather be than by her sister's side, even if that meant braving the unknown dangers that lurked beyond these doors.

Just then, a horrid grating sound broke through her thoughts as a small iron panel in the doors slid open and a pair of inquisitive eyes peered out through the narrow opening, flickering over the two Gaolers on the other side...
Solare & Necrotica

As Necrotica had anticipated, the first thing she noticed about the prison was the cold. It seemed as if it were a living thing, penetrating through to the thickest parts of her coat. She imagined the Banescales locked in their cages, with no warm fur to protect them, must be frozen to the bone. As both Gaolers walked down the ice-covered entry hall, frost began to creep along the enormous horns adorning their shaggy heads.

They came to a second set of doors, secured with a complicated-looking set of locks and chains, encrusted with a lair of ice so thick it would take an enormous dragon to break them loose. The sisters turned to one another. Solare shrugged.

"I guess we knock?" She suggested, and proceeded to whack her right antler against the iron door. The bang reverberated throughout the entry hall and Necrotica cringed in response.

"Geez Solare, wake the whole prison why don't you?" Necrotica scoffed as the sound of her sister's knock finally faded into the distance.

"You know me," Solare responded with a smirk, "I can never resist a grand entrance."

Necrotica rolled her eyes, but chuckled despite herself. Somehow even in the depths of an icy prison, Solare managed to bring a smile to her face. After everything they'd been through together over the years, Necrotica couldn't think of anywhere else she'd rather be than by her sister's side, even if that meant braving the unknown dangers that lurked beyond these doors.

Just then, a horrid grating sound broke through her thoughts as a small iron panel in the doors slid open and a pair of inquisitive eyes peered out through the narrow opening, flickering over the two Gaolers on the other side...
wjPnp7u.png
Aria
Aria speeds up into a full run, arriving at the door. Another Gaoler was there, and after a small fight, he ran off and she peeked through the panel. Aria saw the two Gaolers and gave the signal for the doors to be opened. She stood in the doorway, a small figure framed in dim light.
Aria
Aria speeds up into a full run, arriving at the door. Another Gaoler was there, and after a small fight, he ran off and she peeked through the panel. Aria saw the two Gaolers and gave the signal for the doors to be opened. She stood in the doorway, a small figure framed in dim light.
nZJa3n3.png
Solare & Necrotica

The set of eyes disappeared and with a groan like an ancient creature awaking from slumber, the gate began to come alive.

Some unknown magic snaked its way into the locks, opening them one by one, the chains retreating back into the doors as if recoiling from their presence. Finally, the heavy doored whooshed open, revealing the form of a female Skydancer standing on the other side.

Surprised to be greeted by a Skydancer rather than a Gaoler, Solare glanced over at her sister who gazed back, equally bewildered.

After a moment of awkward silence, Solare stepped forward.

"Hello there! My name's Solare, and this is Necrotica," Solare spoke, gesturing to her sister, who inclined her head politely in greeting. "It's our understanding we're to report for duty today. Who might you be, if you don't mind me asking?"
Solare & Necrotica

The set of eyes disappeared and with a groan like an ancient creature awaking from slumber, the gate began to come alive.

Some unknown magic snaked its way into the locks, opening them one by one, the chains retreating back into the doors as if recoiling from their presence. Finally, the heavy doored whooshed open, revealing the form of a female Skydancer standing on the other side.

Surprised to be greeted by a Skydancer rather than a Gaoler, Solare glanced over at her sister who gazed back, equally bewildered.

After a moment of awkward silence, Solare stepped forward.

"Hello there! My name's Solare, and this is Necrotica," Solare spoke, gesturing to her sister, who inclined her head politely in greeting. "It's our understanding we're to report for duty today. Who might you be, if you don't mind me asking?"
wjPnp7u.png
Aria
'Aria. Shadowshifter's pet.' she says in way of greeting. 'Come with me. You're to see Shadowshifter for your orders.' Aria waits for them to come in before leading the way to her owner. 'Wait here.' she says before going into the room. 'Shadowshifter, Solare and Necrotica are here. They're outside the door.' Aria, having delivered the message, returned to the new Gaolers. 'Sit down.' she indicated the large faded couches that the higher status Gaolers get. 'She'll be out in a minute.'
Aria
'Aria. Shadowshifter's pet.' she says in way of greeting. 'Come with me. You're to see Shadowshifter for your orders.' Aria waits for them to come in before leading the way to her owner. 'Wait here.' she says before going into the room. 'Shadowshifter, Solare and Necrotica are here. They're outside the door.' Aria, having delivered the message, returned to the new Gaolers. 'Sit down.' she indicated the large faded couches that the higher status Gaolers get. 'She'll be out in a minute.'
nZJa3n3.png
After hearing from Aria that the new Gaolers are here, Shadowshifter came out to greet them with a hard face. ‘Hello there younglings. I see you are here to ‘report for duty’’. Shadowshifter pauses as she looks at the two Gaolers and studies their bodies. Shadowshifter mudders to herself ‘Hmfh. Not the kind to deal with Styx, that ugly creature. Too greatly built to be in one of the lower ranks...’ Shadowshifter now speaks with a great tone ‘You are to be a prison guard for today. But first, I want to see how you deal by yourselves with the prisoners, but of course with Aria. Just remember, I’m always watching.’ With that, Shadowshifter waits for their response.
After hearing from Aria that the new Gaolers are here, Shadowshifter came out to greet them with a hard face. ‘Hello there younglings. I see you are here to ‘report for duty’’. Shadowshifter pauses as she looks at the two Gaolers and studies their bodies. Shadowshifter mudders to herself ‘Hmfh. Not the kind to deal with Styx, that ugly creature. Too greatly built to be in one of the lower ranks...’ Shadowshifter now speaks with a great tone ‘You are to be a prison guard for today. But first, I want to see how you deal by yourselves with the prisoners, but of course with Aria. Just remember, I’m always watching.’ With that, Shadowshifter waits for their response.
x5yAWHD.png
Solare & Necrotica

Solare followed the Skydancer eagerly, her sister trailing along behind. Solare knew Necrotica well enough to know her sister's mind was racing nervously, thinking of all the possible ways she could fail at her new job. Her brow furrowed with worry as they sat on a faded couch, waiting for a dragon named Shadowshifter.

"Psst," Solare whispered to Necrotica, the Gaoler's head snapping up in response. "Everything's gonna be fine. You got this."

Necrotica smiled gratefully at her sister, but her smile faded as a jet black Gaoler appeared before them. Shadowshifter.

As the Gaoler spoke, Solare could tell she was one not to be messed with or disobeyed, especially on their first day. Despite her affinity for shenanigans, Solare knew there was a time and a place for such things, and her first day at a new job was most definitely NOT one of them. Instead, she dipped her head in respect to the high-ranking Gaoler, accepting their placement and task as humbly as she could. Necrotica echoed her bow of respect, lowering herself even more than her sister.

Solare could feel Shadowshifter's gaze upon her, appraising both of them with a critical stare. She felt as if the Gaoler was waiting for her to say something, so Solare straightened and spoke for the both of them, as per usual.

"Of course, we are happy to be of service in any way you see fit. Which prisoners shall we be guarding today? It would be helpful to understand a bit more about them if we are to guard them effectively... If I may be so bold, that is."
Solare & Necrotica

Solare followed the Skydancer eagerly, her sister trailing along behind. Solare knew Necrotica well enough to know her sister's mind was racing nervously, thinking of all the possible ways she could fail at her new job. Her brow furrowed with worry as they sat on a faded couch, waiting for a dragon named Shadowshifter.

"Psst," Solare whispered to Necrotica, the Gaoler's head snapping up in response. "Everything's gonna be fine. You got this."

Necrotica smiled gratefully at her sister, but her smile faded as a jet black Gaoler appeared before them. Shadowshifter.

As the Gaoler spoke, Solare could tell she was one not to be messed with or disobeyed, especially on their first day. Despite her affinity for shenanigans, Solare knew there was a time and a place for such things, and her first day at a new job was most definitely NOT one of them. Instead, she dipped her head in respect to the high-ranking Gaoler, accepting their placement and task as humbly as she could. Necrotica echoed her bow of respect, lowering herself even more than her sister.

Solare could feel Shadowshifter's gaze upon her, appraising both of them with a critical stare. She felt as if the Gaoler was waiting for her to say something, so Solare straightened and spoke for the both of them, as per usual.

"Of course, we are happy to be of service in any way you see fit. Which prisoners shall we be guarding today? It would be helpful to understand a bit more about them if we are to guard them effectively... If I may be so bold, that is."
wjPnp7u.png
Shadowshifter studied their bodies more. ‘Hm. You know what’ Shadowshifter says “nicely” with a toothy grin, ‘I think you should guard the nicest dragon in the prison. Styx. She is just the sweetest thing.’ Though another Gaoler, who is the most high ranking, will be with her as well.’ Shadowshifter now shifts into the shadows until she cannot be seen anymore.
Shadowshifter studied their bodies more. ‘Hm. You know what’ Shadowshifter says “nicely” with a toothy grin, ‘I think you should guard the nicest dragon in the prison. Styx. She is just the sweetest thing.’ Though another Gaoler, who is the most high ranking, will be with her as well.’ Shadowshifter now shifts into the shadows until she cannot be seen anymore.
x5yAWHD.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10