Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | | Jedi Exiles | (IC) (Accepting Again!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
As Sen went about figuring out what to put together for breakfast, he glanced over at Dei where he sat in the kitchen. He shook his head when the Twi’lek asked for an update.

“Nothing out of the ordinary,” he replied, “Street’s quiet.”

There was still some fruit that hadn’t gone bad. He could probably do something with that. He pulled an old kitchen knife out the the drawer and began cutting up the fruit. The knife’s blade was in desperate need of sharpening, and it was half tempting to slice the fruit with his lightsaber. Under more lighthearted circumstances, he might have actually done it.

“Truthfully, the only thing we need to be worried about right now is food.”

He jumped when he heard a bang down the hall. For a moment he frozen, adrenaline surging through him. He forced himself to relax. It was just Nitaka.

“Nitaka, would you like to help with breakfast instead of battling the walls?” he called.
As Sen went about figuring out what to put together for breakfast, he glanced over at Dei where he sat in the kitchen. He shook his head when the Twi’lek asked for an update.

“Nothing out of the ordinary,” he replied, “Street’s quiet.”

There was still some fruit that hadn’t gone bad. He could probably do something with that. He pulled an old kitchen knife out the the drawer and began cutting up the fruit. The knife’s blade was in desperate need of sharpening, and it was half tempting to slice the fruit with his lightsaber. Under more lighthearted circumstances, he might have actually done it.

“Truthfully, the only thing we need to be worried about right now is food.”

He jumped when he heard a bang down the hall. For a moment he frozen, adrenaline surging through him. He forced himself to relax. It was just Nitaka.

“Nitaka, would you like to help with breakfast instead of battling the walls?” he called.
sEBxtxA.png
eGiN2Xv.png
mxk5Q9c.png
Fes or Grenades - he/him
Come yell at me about The Magnus Archives. Or Death Stranding. Or Marble Hornets. Or all three.
Dei Rhan

Getting food ment going outside. Going outside probably ment the not-Jedi should go outside meaning Dei got to go outside. Dei did not want to go outside, "Great." he said in a tone that didn't really match up with what he's said.

At least he's be a bit of a help for once. He felt a little useless just sitting around, and he knew if they were ever discovered he'd be no help in a fight. He didn't have a fancy weapon either. Without and technology to try and track down where the message came from, he couldn't contribute much.
Dei Rhan

Getting food ment going outside. Going outside probably ment the not-Jedi should go outside meaning Dei got to go outside. Dei did not want to go outside, "Great." he said in a tone that didn't really match up with what he's said.

At least he's be a bit of a help for once. He felt a little useless just sitting around, and he knew if they were ever discovered he'd be no help in a fight. He didn't have a fancy weapon either. Without and technology to try and track down where the message came from, he couldn't contribute much.
image.png swDBUfq.png
| choodle | adult | he/him |
*:-. mlHpBMC.png .-:*
bird lover and dragon enthusiast
digital artist and animator
x EbzjPMK.gif FObX7rS.png
oouioVf.png
5hF3FGk.png
image.png
@lostforeverlost

Jascar hadn’t thought about that. He had never really gone hungry, but as the girl mentioned it, the fact her tiny face was so gaunt made him think that she was starving. Poor thing.

Cantinas and inns were not the best place for children. And..now that he pondered it, he mostly subsisted off of nutrient packs that he got off of the local innkeep. But something about making a child just eat nasty packs of nutrients that tasted like sawdust wasn’t right. She deserved real food, and besides, he sincerely doubted the things were meant for kids.

“You must be hungry,” he mumbled to himself sympathetically, looking around as if it would help. Houses..and that one house. There were people inside, no? Of course, if he paid them with the help of a blaster, they would give him food, right?
At least until he could get down to the market. He glanced down at the kid. Yeah, a day’s journey..she wouldn’t last too long.
Especially on the streets.

“Alright,” He said, kneeling down to her level, “I’m going ask if that house over there has any food, okay? It’s probably warm inside, too, so we’re gonna hope that they’re nice people.” Jascar said, nodding a bit and pointing to the house.
@lostforeverlost

Jascar hadn’t thought about that. He had never really gone hungry, but as the girl mentioned it, the fact her tiny face was so gaunt made him think that she was starving. Poor thing.

Cantinas and inns were not the best place for children. And..now that he pondered it, he mostly subsisted off of nutrient packs that he got off of the local innkeep. But something about making a child just eat nasty packs of nutrients that tasted like sawdust wasn’t right. She deserved real food, and besides, he sincerely doubted the things were meant for kids.

“You must be hungry,” he mumbled to himself sympathetically, looking around as if it would help. Houses..and that one house. There were people inside, no? Of course, if he paid them with the help of a blaster, they would give him food, right?
At least until he could get down to the market. He glanced down at the kid. Yeah, a day’s journey..she wouldn’t last too long.
Especially on the streets.

“Alright,” He said, kneeling down to her level, “I’m going ask if that house over there has any food, okay? It’s probably warm inside, too, so we’re gonna hope that they’re nice people.” Jascar said, nodding a bit and pointing to the house.
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
Amira Terra
@Kingman
As he crouched her eyes finally found the lightsabers dangling dangerously from his waist. Five. There were five. The breath caught in her throat and she made to many assumptions in a single second that it hurt her brain.

The house with the Jedi. The Mandalorian with a high probability of killing five force users. No, that couldn't happen, no that just couldnt. Her eyes widened and she took three steps back.

"No."
Amira Terra
@Kingman
As he crouched her eyes finally found the lightsabers dangling dangerously from his waist. Five. There were five. The breath caught in her throat and she made to many assumptions in a single second that it hurt her brain.

The house with the Jedi. The Mandalorian with a high probability of killing five force users. No, that couldn't happen, no that just couldnt. Her eyes widened and she took three steps back.

"No."
image.png swDBUfq.png
oouioVf.png
5hF3FGk.png
image.png
@lostforeverlost

Well, that was surprising. Though not totally unexpected, really. Perhaps her late mother or something taught her not to trust strangers.
Which honestly was a good idea. Jascar though of himself in a high enough run heard to think that he was better than some other random man in the streets, but he understood the reasoning.

Though the steps back were a bit unnecessary. Jascar wasn’t that scary. Then again, he looked very similar to stormtroopers.
“Okay. Perhaps we could ask at the bar? I’m sorry if I’m upsetting you, little one. I promise I have no bad intentions with you, but I can understand why. Would you like to stay here and I go ask? Or I could come back with some food from the market?” Jascar attempted to negotiate.

The sabers on his belt were an odd assortment. One of them was crudely fashioned, obviously not Jedi or Sith work, a grayish color. Two had dark metal to cover the outsides, while two had silver coloring, though one had very distinctive gold plating.
@lostforeverlost

Well, that was surprising. Though not totally unexpected, really. Perhaps her late mother or something taught her not to trust strangers.
Which honestly was a good idea. Jascar though of himself in a high enough run heard to think that he was better than some other random man in the streets, but he understood the reasoning.

Though the steps back were a bit unnecessary. Jascar wasn’t that scary. Then again, he looked very similar to stormtroopers.
“Okay. Perhaps we could ask at the bar? I’m sorry if I’m upsetting you, little one. I promise I have no bad intentions with you, but I can understand why. Would you like to stay here and I go ask? Or I could come back with some food from the market?” Jascar attempted to negotiate.

The sabers on his belt were an odd assortment. One of them was crudely fashioned, obviously not Jedi or Sith work, a grayish color. Two had dark metal to cover the outsides, while two had silver coloring, though one had very distinctive gold plating.
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
(Sorry for the slow replies and possible typos. I'm posting from my phone. :P)

"You don't have to go alone, you know," Sen replied. He didn't need to be a Jedi to pick up on Dei's annoyance, "I can pass for a regular person. Wouldn't have lasted this long otherwise."

It was fairly easy to pass for a normal Pantoran. His people were very proud with a very rich culture, and his master had made sure to educate him about it. Even as a Jedi, he dressed in the rich reds and pale purples Pantoran public servants were especially fond of. He'd even gone out of his way to get the traditional facial tattoos when he came of age, though the design didn't belong to any particular family. The design was based, instead, on symbols of the Jedi Order. Honoring his culture, while acknowledging that his commitment to the Order outweighed commitment to a family he never really knew. Put together, the braid was really the only thing that gave him away as anything other than a normal Pantoran citizen.

He knew he ought to get rid of the braid, but every time he tried, something stopped him. It was silly, letting a thing like that endanger his survival, but it just felt...wrong. After all, what had he done to earn a Knighthood? He hadn't even been given the chance to try. Part of him knew even that was silly since the Order wasn't around to give him the Trials anymore, but another, more sentimental part wondered if maybe one day the Force would present him with a test of its own. Maybe then he'd feel worthy of cutting the braid off.

His thoughts were interrupted by a subtle change in the Force around him. A nervous pang in the back of his mind. He could sense someone's fear, somewhere close, and it was strong. He put down the kitchen knife and walked slowly into the living room, but stopped himself from just jumping in and looking outside. He took a breath. Where was that coming from? Focus.

The presence was unfamiliar to him, and it definitely came from outside. He moved forward to the window and crouched down under the window sill. Then, slow and steady, he lifted the bottom of the curtain and peered into the street.

The first thing he noticed was the Mandalorian. How could he not? The armor was incredibly distinct with its battle scars and traditional design. Then he noticed the sabers, and his blood ran cold. This person wasn't from the new Empire. No, he feared this was something far worse. A Jedi hunter.
(Sorry for the slow replies and possible typos. I'm posting from my phone. :P)

"You don't have to go alone, you know," Sen replied. He didn't need to be a Jedi to pick up on Dei's annoyance, "I can pass for a regular person. Wouldn't have lasted this long otherwise."

It was fairly easy to pass for a normal Pantoran. His people were very proud with a very rich culture, and his master had made sure to educate him about it. Even as a Jedi, he dressed in the rich reds and pale purples Pantoran public servants were especially fond of. He'd even gone out of his way to get the traditional facial tattoos when he came of age, though the design didn't belong to any particular family. The design was based, instead, on symbols of the Jedi Order. Honoring his culture, while acknowledging that his commitment to the Order outweighed commitment to a family he never really knew. Put together, the braid was really the only thing that gave him away as anything other than a normal Pantoran citizen.

He knew he ought to get rid of the braid, but every time he tried, something stopped him. It was silly, letting a thing like that endanger his survival, but it just felt...wrong. After all, what had he done to earn a Knighthood? He hadn't even been given the chance to try. Part of him knew even that was silly since the Order wasn't around to give him the Trials anymore, but another, more sentimental part wondered if maybe one day the Force would present him with a test of its own. Maybe then he'd feel worthy of cutting the braid off.

His thoughts were interrupted by a subtle change in the Force around him. A nervous pang in the back of his mind. He could sense someone's fear, somewhere close, and it was strong. He put down the kitchen knife and walked slowly into the living room, but stopped himself from just jumping in and looking outside. He took a breath. Where was that coming from? Focus.

The presence was unfamiliar to him, and it definitely came from outside. He moved forward to the window and crouched down under the window sill. Then, slow and steady, he lifted the bottom of the curtain and peered into the street.

The first thing he noticed was the Mandalorian. How could he not? The armor was incredibly distinct with its battle scars and traditional design. Then he noticed the sabers, and his blood ran cold. This person wasn't from the new Empire. No, he feared this was something far worse. A Jedi hunter.
sEBxtxA.png
eGiN2Xv.png
mxk5Q9c.png
Fes or Grenades - he/him
Come yell at me about The Magnus Archives. Or Death Stranding. Or Marble Hornets. Or all three.
Nitaka Vozhi

Nitaka was landing from one of her wall flips when the Padawan addressed her. She stood up straight suddenly, her long hair flipping back over her head. “Oh - of course!” She called back as she fished a ribbon out and used it to tie her hair in a ponytail. Once it was up, she grabbed the end and tied it back to the base, so that it would stay completely out of her way. She had a lot of hair, and as she’d learned when she’d tried to cook many years earlier, you don’t want hair in your food. With that done, she began heading for the kitchen at a brisk pace.

“Sorry I didn’t come earlier,” she said quickly. “I wasn’t sure if you were planning on cooking breakfast, and I thought I might get in the way, so practicing some combat techniques seemed like a good use of my time-“ She paused to take a deep breath. “Anyway, what are we doing here? Some kind of fruit salad?”

Before she got a response, Sen walked away towards a window. Confused, Nitaka followed him. She’d felt a slight disturbance in the Force, so she wondered if that’s what he was following. “What is it?” She asked, lingering behind him. “If you two are going out for food and to check on that, I can whip something up for breakfast while you’re gone. Maybe Jack can help me, if he ever rolls out of bed...”
Nitaka Vozhi

Nitaka was landing from one of her wall flips when the Padawan addressed her. She stood up straight suddenly, her long hair flipping back over her head. “Oh - of course!” She called back as she fished a ribbon out and used it to tie her hair in a ponytail. Once it was up, she grabbed the end and tied it back to the base, so that it would stay completely out of her way. She had a lot of hair, and as she’d learned when she’d tried to cook many years earlier, you don’t want hair in your food. With that done, she began heading for the kitchen at a brisk pace.

“Sorry I didn’t come earlier,” she said quickly. “I wasn’t sure if you were planning on cooking breakfast, and I thought I might get in the way, so practicing some combat techniques seemed like a good use of my time-“ She paused to take a deep breath. “Anyway, what are we doing here? Some kind of fruit salad?”

Before she got a response, Sen walked away towards a window. Confused, Nitaka followed him. She’d felt a slight disturbance in the Force, so she wondered if that’s what he was following. “What is it?” She asked, lingering behind him. “If you two are going out for food and to check on that, I can whip something up for breakfast while you’re gone. Maybe Jack can help me, if he ever rolls out of bed...”
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
Dei Rhan
Dei looked releived, and he turned around when Nitaka arrived and offered her a smile. Her was glad he had multiple cooks around because he was pretty sure that by some curse he could manage to burn the house down while making a fruit salad ....

His ease was short lived when Sen abruptly left and went to the window. He watched Nitaka follow unsure of what had just happened? A Jedi thing probably? He just hoped they didn't expect him to start making the salad.
Dei Rhan
Dei looked releived, and he turned around when Nitaka arrived and offered her a smile. Her was glad he had multiple cooks around because he was pretty sure that by some curse he could manage to burn the house down while making a fruit salad ....

His ease was short lived when Sen abruptly left and went to the window. He watched Nitaka follow unsure of what had just happened? A Jedi thing probably? He just hoped they didn't expect him to start making the salad.
image.png swDBUfq.png
oouioVf.png
5hF3FGk.png
image.png
“There’s someone out there. Two people, I think. I can’t see the other one,” Sen murmurs. He pauses and takes a deep breath, “He has lightsabers on his belt. Five of them.”

He trusts he doesn’t have to explain why that’s extremely bad for them. Where is the presence he sensed? The Mandalorian doesn’t seem afraid. He casts his eyes further downward and finally sees the child huddled between the buildings across the street. She seems afraid, but the man’s posture doesn’t seem hostile. At the very least, he doesn’t seem focused on them.
“There’s someone out there. Two people, I think. I can’t see the other one,” Sen murmurs. He pauses and takes a deep breath, “He has lightsabers on his belt. Five of them.”

He trusts he doesn’t have to explain why that’s extremely bad for them. Where is the presence he sensed? The Mandalorian doesn’t seem afraid. He casts his eyes further downward and finally sees the child huddled between the buildings across the street. She seems afraid, but the man’s posture doesn’t seem hostile. At the very least, he doesn’t seem focused on them.
sEBxtxA.png
eGiN2Xv.png
mxk5Q9c.png
Fes or Grenades - he/him
Amira Terra
@Kingman @/GrenadeFestival
He didn't understand why, not really. But it's better that he didnt. Giving herself away was bad. She didn't want to die, an thus far she'd made sure that she hadnt. She was calming down until she noticed something move in the window.

It was to late, she knew she shouldn't have looked and draw further attention to the house but she'd locked eyes with the Pantoran.
Amira Terra
@Kingman @/GrenadeFestival
He didn't understand why, not really. But it's better that he didnt. Giving herself away was bad. She didn't want to die, an thus far she'd made sure that she hadnt. She was calming down until she noticed something move in the window.

It was to late, she knew she shouldn't have looked and draw further attention to the house but she'd locked eyes with the Pantoran.
image.png swDBUfq.png
oouioVf.png
5hF3FGk.png
image.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24