Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | closed 1x1
1 2 3 4
Moonstone was excited. Finally, something new in her life! She hovered lower, adjusting her glasses. “I could ask the same of you,” she answered, “but no matter. I’m Moonstone!” Her front, smaller crests were tilted downward, while the back, larger one seemed were pointing straight up. Aubergine had no idea why they were arranged that way, but as it turned out that was ‘happy’ in the body language of the fae dragons.
“What are you doing so deep in the Starwood Strand? It’s so dangerous, you know. Oh, I should probably let you answer the first question, well, first. Sorry, I do that a lot!”
Moonstone was excited. Finally, something new in her life! She hovered lower, adjusting her glasses. “I could ask the same of you,” she answered, “but no matter. I’m Moonstone!” Her front, smaller crests were tilted downward, while the back, larger one seemed were pointing straight up. Aubergine had no idea why they were arranged that way, but as it turned out that was ‘happy’ in the body language of the fae dragons.
“What are you doing so deep in the Starwood Strand? It’s so dangerous, you know. Oh, I should probably let you answer the first question, well, first. Sorry, I do that a lot!”
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna run around and desert you
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
||
He paused, a bit hesitant to say anything more. What if she's a hallucination? What if her crests meant malicious intent? He decided it's worth to set aside the risks. He came here didn't he? Why should danger worry him now.

"I'm Aubergine. Nice to meet you Moonstone." He remained tense despite the pleasantries.

"I'm lost, I didn't mean to go this far. And you?" He softly said, barely over a whisper. Despite the lack of inflections, Aubergine got the impression that Moonstone was a bit talkative. Are all fae like that? What does her expression mean? A lot of questions, not as many answers.
He paused, a bit hesitant to say anything more. What if she's a hallucination? What if her crests meant malicious intent? He decided it's worth to set aside the risks. He came here didn't he? Why should danger worry him now.

"I'm Aubergine. Nice to meet you Moonstone." He remained tense despite the pleasantries.

"I'm lost, I didn't mean to go this far. And you?" He softly said, barely over a whisper. Despite the lack of inflections, Aubergine got the impression that Moonstone was a bit talkative. Are all fae like that? What does her expression mean? A lot of questions, not as many answers.
They/Them
FR +3
Coming back from a little break, still have to get things in order though, sorry for that.
“Aubergine, huh? Pretty name. Anyway, I’m not lost; I know this part of thr woods like I know my own name. Hmm... you have the feel of an Arcane dragon. Part of a Clan in a different region?” Moonstone guessed, already knowing the answer. “Well, I’d be happy to show you around. I’m kind of bored anyway; with my Clan it’s the same old thing over and over again. Why are you even here in the first place? Tourists here to see the trees bloom usually stay near the edges, where it’s safer.” Her facial expression remained unchanged, but the positioning of her crests did change. “My Clan certainly didn’t,” she said, her word choice showing her humor at the situation. She didn’t know what to think of this dragon. Her Clan was almost entirely faes, and she wasn’t used to not being able to read his body language. She didn’t care; if things went wrong she could always just hide.

(I swear, autocorrect is out for my blood. Even as I was typing this; it changed ‘my’ to ‘Mundi’. Seriously.))
“Aubergine, huh? Pretty name. Anyway, I’m not lost; I know this part of thr woods like I know my own name. Hmm... you have the feel of an Arcane dragon. Part of a Clan in a different region?” Moonstone guessed, already knowing the answer. “Well, I’d be happy to show you around. I’m kind of bored anyway; with my Clan it’s the same old thing over and over again. Why are you even here in the first place? Tourists here to see the trees bloom usually stay near the edges, where it’s safer.” Her facial expression remained unchanged, but the positioning of her crests did change. “My Clan certainly didn’t,” she said, her word choice showing her humor at the situation. She didn’t know what to think of this dragon. Her Clan was almost entirely faes, and she wasn’t used to not being able to read his body language. She didn’t care; if things went wrong she could always just hide.

(I swear, autocorrect is out for my blood. Even as I was typing this; it changed ‘my’ to ‘Mundi’. Seriously.))
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
||
((What a mood bro lmao))

He nodded. "My clan is in the Crystalspine Reaches. I've only see this place from afar. I just..." He paused, not really sure why he was telling her this. He never even told his clan about his interest in what lurked here. "I had to know what this forest hides." He examined and kept a close eye on the crests, trying to make out any familiar expressions. It would prove no use, however, he never interacted for too long with fae before.

"I would be delighted if you could show me." A faint, but present nonetheless, glimmer of hope.
((What a mood bro lmao))

He nodded. "My clan is in the Crystalspine Reaches. I've only see this place from afar. I just..." He paused, not really sure why he was telling her this. He never even told his clan about his interest in what lurked here. "I had to know what this forest hides." He examined and kept a close eye on the crests, trying to make out any familiar expressions. It would prove no use, however, he never interacted for too long with fae before.

"I would be delighted if you could show me." A faint, but present nonetheless, glimmer of hope.
They/Them
FR +3
Coming back from a little break, still have to get things in order though, sorry for that.
Moonstone nodded, one of the few body motions that she knew to use with other breeds of dragon, even though the movement was unfamiliar to her. However, she needed more information. "Do you want to explore this area, get out of the forest, or do a bit of both? I'd recommend staying a moment; the trees are about to flower. It's a sight that still dazzles me, and I'v lived here all my life." Tired of hovering, Moonstone landed on the ground. She was very, very tiny. About a foot long, which was nothing compared to the mid-sized Mirror.
(Mirrors are midsized dragons))
Moonstone nodded, one of the few body motions that she knew to use with other breeds of dragon, even though the movement was unfamiliar to her. However, she needed more information. "Do you want to explore this area, get out of the forest, or do a bit of both? I'd recommend staying a moment; the trees are about to flower. It's a sight that still dazzles me, and I'v lived here all my life." Tired of hovering, Moonstone landed on the ground. She was very, very tiny. About a foot long, which was nothing compared to the mid-sized Mirror.
(Mirrors are midsized dragons))
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
||
Aubergine, a bit startled at how... miniature she was, took a moment to reply. "We can watch them bloom first, but I want to explore this place before going back." He said firmly and with certainty, though he wasn't entirely sure she would understand his tone, he figured his statement would be fine without it. He examined her for a moment, she seemed honest enough to trust. He noted that he would have to watch his claws, he didn't want to step on her, though he had faith she likely knew to get out of the way.

He let his muscles relax and sat down, peering upwards but occasionally would look around the forest for threats and other interesting things to ask about.
Aubergine, a bit startled at how... miniature she was, took a moment to reply. "We can watch them bloom first, but I want to explore this place before going back." He said firmly and with certainty, though he wasn't entirely sure she would understand his tone, he figured his statement would be fine without it. He examined her for a moment, she seemed honest enough to trust. He noted that he would have to watch his claws, he didn't want to step on her, though he had faith she likely knew to get out of the way.

He let his muscles relax and sat down, peering upwards but occasionally would look around the forest for threats and other interesting things to ask about.
They/Them
FR +3
She’d eventually resort to riding on Aubergine lmao)
She’d eventually resort to riding on Aubergine lmao)
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
||
((lmao I'm all for that dude))
((lmao I'm all for that dude))
They/Them
FR +3
Moonstone felt embarrassed at how tiny she was compared to Aubergine, but that was a fact of life. She was a part of the smallest dragon species on Sornieth; what did she expect? She sat a bit away from Aubergine, and waited. Any moment now... as the last of the light slipped away, the embrace of darkness swallowed the forest. This did not last long, for almost immediately afterward, a bright blue glow enveloped the forests as the once barren trees bloomed. Little glowing blue buds appeared on the branches, quickly growing into beautiful Starwood flowers. It was gorgeous, a sight to take the breath away from even the most indifferent of dragons. There was a silence, as if even the forest itself was holding its breath out of awe. On a whim, Moonstone flitted up, above the bedazzling treetops, and into the open night air above. With the stars and constellations of the heavens the Arcanist studied endlessly above, and the incredible blue glow of the Starwood Strand below, Moonstone felt as if she were in space, exploring the galaxies her Flight revered so much. She savored this for a while, she glided back down into the forest. She alighted on a branch near Aubergine’s head.
Moonstone felt embarrassed at how tiny she was compared to Aubergine, but that was a fact of life. She was a part of the smallest dragon species on Sornieth; what did she expect? She sat a bit away from Aubergine, and waited. Any moment now... as the last of the light slipped away, the embrace of darkness swallowed the forest. This did not last long, for almost immediately afterward, a bright blue glow enveloped the forests as the once barren trees bloomed. Little glowing blue buds appeared on the branches, quickly growing into beautiful Starwood flowers. It was gorgeous, a sight to take the breath away from even the most indifferent of dragons. There was a silence, as if even the forest itself was holding its breath out of awe. On a whim, Moonstone flitted up, above the bedazzling treetops, and into the open night air above. With the stars and constellations of the heavens the Arcanist studied endlessly above, and the incredible blue glow of the Starwood Strand below, Moonstone felt as if she were in space, exploring the galaxies her Flight revered so much. She savored this for a while, she glided back down into the forest. She alighted on a branch near Aubergine’s head.
giphy.gif hdWqAOO.png
XmHV7tO.png
|Pronounced 'Phobia'
||come look at my cat
fVc0Lih.png
WKtl2lb.png

||

never gonna give you up
never gonna let you down
never gonna make you cry
never gonna say goodbye
||
Aubergine, awestruck, gazed up at the sight. Everything felt so... alive. Not in the Plague flight way, but in a swirling pool of wonder. He refused to blink, taking in every moment. He'd never seen this up close, always from a far he'd see something faint. It was as if he were up in the sky itself, his tail swished a bit from side to side excitedly. It all seemed surreal, and other worldly.

"It's like this every night?" He asked in disbelief.
Aubergine, awestruck, gazed up at the sight. Everything felt so... alive. Not in the Plague flight way, but in a swirling pool of wonder. He refused to blink, taking in every moment. He'd never seen this up close, always from a far he'd see something faint. It was as if he were up in the sky itself, his tail swished a bit from side to side excitedly. It all seemed surreal, and other worldly.

"It's like this every night?" He asked in disbelief.
They/Them
FR +3
1 2 3 4