Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Five Miles Out (RP OPEN)
1 2 3 4
Inspill Creek is a small town in Colorado where not a lot happens... The teenagers of the town find their own ways to make fun out of nothing, often going to the "River" for parties. Everybody knows everybody, and nobody can do anything without everyone else knowing about it.
So when women start to go missing, everyone notices.
Sixteen year old Ryan Swafford becomes serious and protective over all of the women in his life, including his mother, two younger sisters, and his childhood best friend Tora. He puts aside his teasing and carefree attitude and decides he has to grow up for the good of everyone.
Meanwhile, Tora becomes suspicious of the boy who had moved in just across the street. He disappears for long periods of time and never speaks, and she's sure that he knows something.
Both teens get caught up meddling in something they should never have tried to investigate, and soon it becomes apparent that whatever has been taking the women of the town
Might not be human.

keep with the rules of FR otherwise I could care less as long as you don't godplay with other's characters.

Character sheet
Name:
Sexuality:
Phys. Desc.:
Personality:
Short Background:
Inspill Creek is a small town in Colorado where not a lot happens... The teenagers of the town find their own ways to make fun out of nothing, often going to the "River" for parties. Everybody knows everybody, and nobody can do anything without everyone else knowing about it.
So when women start to go missing, everyone notices.
Sixteen year old Ryan Swafford becomes serious and protective over all of the women in his life, including his mother, two younger sisters, and his childhood best friend Tora. He puts aside his teasing and carefree attitude and decides he has to grow up for the good of everyone.
Meanwhile, Tora becomes suspicious of the boy who had moved in just across the street. He disappears for long periods of time and never speaks, and she's sure that he knows something.
Both teens get caught up meddling in something they should never have tried to investigate, and soon it becomes apparent that whatever has been taking the women of the town
Might not be human.

keep with the rules of FR otherwise I could care less as long as you don't godplay with other's characters.

Character sheet
Name:
Sexuality:
Phys. Desc.:
Personality:
Short Background:
tumblr_n41t6kgA9S1t1zt32o2_r1_500.png
Name: Tora Sterling
Sexuality: Calamity Bisexual with a preference for women
Phys. Desc.: Five four, skinny, round scrappy face with button nose, slightly almond shaped ash-brown eyes, wavy/curly short russet hair, olive skin tone. Will often wear plain T shirts, jeans, and combat boots.
Personality: Snappy, anxious, feisty, sharp-tongued, flirty when it comes to girls, teasing, take-charge attitude (Ryan would just say "bossy"), stubborn.
Short Background: Tora has known Ryan since she was born. They live in houses right next to each other and grew up together. Since she was the only child, (a whoopsie from her single mother and a Japanese man who didn't want to pay child support) she feels obligated to help her mother. She got a knack for welding in high school, and works under the counter for her welding teacher by getting paid twelve dollars an hour to "mow the lawn" at his workplace and "just happening to work on some of the projects". She almost drowned a month ago and nearly died of an asthma attack after that, but instead of becoming more fearful than she already was, she's become more brash, even to the point of getting involved in the mystery of Inkspill Creek.

Name: Ryan Swafford
Sexuality: He's straight. Very straight. Yes. Don't question it please. He promises he only likes girls.
Phys. Desc.: Five nine and a stocky, strong build. Sharp jawline, ears that point impishly, one crooked canine tooth, hazel-blue eyes, military cut dirty blond hair, and sun tanned skin.
Personality: Cocky, brash, hotheaded, and very carefree to begin with, but now still confident, but more protective, serious, responsible, and nervous.
Short Background: Ryan was less than a month older than Tora, and ever since she was born, they became practically inseparable. His parents are still together, and he has two younger sisters to worry about. He was the kid who Tora convinced to eat crayons in the sixth grade. Ever since he got a job, he'd bring Tora and her mother groceries when they didn't get enough food stamps. He took one thing seriously his whole life: he wanted to get into the military and made sure he'd meet that goal. Other than that though, he was mostly carefree until he took Tora to a party a month back that almost ended in her death. Now with the disappearances, he's become more reserved and cautious, and is only reluctantly dragged in to the mystery by Tora.
Name: Tora Sterling
Sexuality: Calamity Bisexual with a preference for women
Phys. Desc.: Five four, skinny, round scrappy face with button nose, slightly almond shaped ash-brown eyes, wavy/curly short russet hair, olive skin tone. Will often wear plain T shirts, jeans, and combat boots.
Personality: Snappy, anxious, feisty, sharp-tongued, flirty when it comes to girls, teasing, take-charge attitude (Ryan would just say "bossy"), stubborn.
Short Background: Tora has known Ryan since she was born. They live in houses right next to each other and grew up together. Since she was the only child, (a whoopsie from her single mother and a Japanese man who didn't want to pay child support) she feels obligated to help her mother. She got a knack for welding in high school, and works under the counter for her welding teacher by getting paid twelve dollars an hour to "mow the lawn" at his workplace and "just happening to work on some of the projects". She almost drowned a month ago and nearly died of an asthma attack after that, but instead of becoming more fearful than she already was, she's become more brash, even to the point of getting involved in the mystery of Inkspill Creek.

Name: Ryan Swafford
Sexuality: He's straight. Very straight. Yes. Don't question it please. He promises he only likes girls.
Phys. Desc.: Five nine and a stocky, strong build. Sharp jawline, ears that point impishly, one crooked canine tooth, hazel-blue eyes, military cut dirty blond hair, and sun tanned skin.
Personality: Cocky, brash, hotheaded, and very carefree to begin with, but now still confident, but more protective, serious, responsible, and nervous.
Short Background: Ryan was less than a month older than Tora, and ever since she was born, they became practically inseparable. His parents are still together, and he has two younger sisters to worry about. He was the kid who Tora convinced to eat crayons in the sixth grade. Ever since he got a job, he'd bring Tora and her mother groceries when they didn't get enough food stamps. He took one thing seriously his whole life: he wanted to get into the military and made sure he'd meet that goal. Other than that though, he was mostly carefree until he took Tora to a party a month back that almost ended in her death. Now with the disappearances, he's become more reserved and cautious, and is only reluctantly dragged in to the mystery by Tora.
Name: Sydney Ariano
Sexuality: Pansexual, and Bigendered
Phys. Desc.: A short roughly 4 foot Nine girl. She has a slim frame, and Blue hair with purple flecks. She keeps it fairly short, in a chin-length bob. She has blue eyes, often highlighted with purple eyeshadow. She puts on purple lipstick, sometimes putting patterns on her lips, like stripes or pride flags. It's most common to see her in a hoodie, wearing a ankle-length skirt, and sneakers.
Personality: A bold, bookish girl, with occasional bursts of depression. She often holds grudges, and tends to avoid the people who she has a grudge against, ignoring them.
Short Background: She grew up without a father, and lived in a trailer for most of her life. Her mother was very supportive of her, and that only made it worse when the incident happened. Her mother dissapeared, leaving Sydney in deep despair. She lives in an orphanage after that, and is very sensitive about the subject.
Name: Sydney Ariano
Sexuality: Pansexual, and Bigendered
Phys. Desc.: A short roughly 4 foot Nine girl. She has a slim frame, and Blue hair with purple flecks. She keeps it fairly short, in a chin-length bob. She has blue eyes, often highlighted with purple eyeshadow. She puts on purple lipstick, sometimes putting patterns on her lips, like stripes or pride flags. It's most common to see her in a hoodie, wearing a ankle-length skirt, and sneakers.
Personality: A bold, bookish girl, with occasional bursts of depression. She often holds grudges, and tends to avoid the people who she has a grudge against, ignoring them.
Short Background: She grew up without a father, and lived in a trailer for most of her life. Her mother was very supportive of her, and that only made it worse when the incident happened. Her mother dissapeared, leaving Sydney in deep despair. She lives in an orphanage after that, and is very sensitive about the subject.

YUDnQsm.png
1vAtYxM.png
JNaCTSP.png
4xqaZpf.png

bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
1j2YGao.png
YMPbu9R.png
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

• We make art!
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
(@tweeter101 Wanna start? People can still join in whenever.)
(@tweeter101 Wanna start? People can still join in whenever.)
(@Lymegreen4mom

Ready to start if you are!)
(@Lymegreen4mom

Ready to start if you are!)

YUDnQsm.png
1vAtYxM.png
JNaCTSP.png
4xqaZpf.png

bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
1j2YGao.png
YMPbu9R.png
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

• We make art!
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
(@tweeter101 should Sydney be a part of their friend group? If so I’m thinking it starts down at the creek where they’re hanging out and trying to be optimistic about the whole situation )
(@tweeter101 should Sydney be a part of their friend group? If so I’m thinking it starts down at the creek where they’re hanging out and trying to be optimistic about the whole situation )
(@Lymegreen4mom

I think she would get along with them, so I'd think she'd be friends with them. I'll let you start it off!)
(@Lymegreen4mom

I think she would get along with them, so I'd think she'd be friends with them. I'll let you start it off!)

YUDnQsm.png
1vAtYxM.png
JNaCTSP.png
4xqaZpf.png

bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
1j2YGao.png
YMPbu9R.png
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

• We make art!
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
Tora let the chilly water of the creek run over her feet, balancing on the slippery pebbles with her arms out. Her jeans were rolled up to her knees and she could hear Nirvana playing in the background from Ryan's truck.
"Whaddaya think of the creek Syd?" Tora wrinkled her nose at her friend. Sydney hadn't been a part of the friend group as long as everyone else, but she'd been there long enough that Tora couldn't imagine a world without seeing her almost daily. Before she'd let her friend respond though, another question popped into her head. "Hey Ryan, when did Ghost say he and Jesse are gonna get here?"

Ryan for once, was not in the water goofing around. Instead, he was watching Tora and Sydney closely --especially Tora though. He was afraid she'd almost drown again. Sure, it was only a foot or so deep right here, but you never knew.
He checked his phone. "They said they're about five miles out a couple minutes ago, sooo. Soon?"
Tora let the chilly water of the creek run over her feet, balancing on the slippery pebbles with her arms out. Her jeans were rolled up to her knees and she could hear Nirvana playing in the background from Ryan's truck.
"Whaddaya think of the creek Syd?" Tora wrinkled her nose at her friend. Sydney hadn't been a part of the friend group as long as everyone else, but she'd been there long enough that Tora couldn't imagine a world without seeing her almost daily. Before she'd let her friend respond though, another question popped into her head. "Hey Ryan, when did Ghost say he and Jesse are gonna get here?"

Ryan for once, was not in the water goofing around. Instead, he was watching Tora and Sydney closely --especially Tora though. He was afraid she'd almost drown again. Sure, it was only a foot or so deep right here, but you never knew.
He checked his phone. "They said they're about five miles out a couple minutes ago, sooo. Soon?"
Sydney looked up at Tora, giving a small smirk. Ryan was being himself, keeping a careful eye on the both of them, something that made her feel more at ease.

"Five miles, so about ten minutes?" She picked up a flat stone, giving it a toss into the water, sinking it immediately. She was starting to get bored of sitting around, her mind drifting to her mother, making her wince.

"Do you think the women who dissapeared are still alive?" Sydney's voice was hopeful, coating over the underlying worry at the thought.
Sydney looked up at Tora, giving a small smirk. Ryan was being himself, keeping a careful eye on the both of them, something that made her feel more at ease.

"Five miles, so about ten minutes?" She picked up a flat stone, giving it a toss into the water, sinking it immediately. She was starting to get bored of sitting around, her mind drifting to her mother, making her wince.

"Do you think the women who dissapeared are still alive?" Sydney's voice was hopeful, coating over the underlying worry at the thought.

YUDnQsm.png
1vAtYxM.png
JNaCTSP.png
4xqaZpf.png

bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
1j2YGao.png
YMPbu9R.png
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

• We make art!
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
Tora ducked her head, not wanting to respond. "I don't know, but the cops aren't doing a very good job at finding them."

Ryan rubbed his jaw. "I'm sure they'll be okay..." He tried to sound hopeful. "Whatever is going on, it'll get cleared up in a week or so. They'll find everybody, and everything will be okay."

Tora tossed a stone, trying to get it to skip, but failing miserably. "Can I be honest with ya'll?"

Ryan nodded, tilting his head as the song in his truck changed to Alice in Chains, half listening, half evaluating the possible threats around the creek. It used to be a spot they could go to have fun, but now... The further away from town they were, the more dangerous...
Unless it was the town that was being targeted. He scowled at the thought. What if the woods were more safe than Inkspill Creek? He'd never be able to tell...

Tora interrupted his thoughts. "I think the new boy who moved across our street, Caelum I think he said his name was, knows something. He showed up around the same time women started going missing, just a few days after. He rarely speaks... Not even to girls, even though he's obviously attractive." She joked. "But it's weird. He might not be the one doing it, but he knows something, I'm sure of it."
Tora ducked her head, not wanting to respond. "I don't know, but the cops aren't doing a very good job at finding them."

Ryan rubbed his jaw. "I'm sure they'll be okay..." He tried to sound hopeful. "Whatever is going on, it'll get cleared up in a week or so. They'll find everybody, and everything will be okay."

Tora tossed a stone, trying to get it to skip, but failing miserably. "Can I be honest with ya'll?"

Ryan nodded, tilting his head as the song in his truck changed to Alice in Chains, half listening, half evaluating the possible threats around the creek. It used to be a spot they could go to have fun, but now... The further away from town they were, the more dangerous...
Unless it was the town that was being targeted. He scowled at the thought. What if the woods were more safe than Inkspill Creek? He'd never be able to tell...

Tora interrupted his thoughts. "I think the new boy who moved across our street, Caelum I think he said his name was, knows something. He showed up around the same time women started going missing, just a few days after. He rarely speaks... Not even to girls, even though he's obviously attractive." She joked. "But it's weird. He might not be the one doing it, but he knows something, I'm sure of it."
1 2 3 4