Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | One on One Mer RP (CLOSED)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Coel swam a bit closer to the human, tilting her head as Rain messed with the odd, shiny bits of her lower half. It had always creeped her out that humans had a mermaid’s too half, than tan abomination the rest of the way. Ugh.

She swam back a bit as the human detached a body part from itself, then showing that most of the human’s leg was the shiny metallic thing. Kind of like a fin prosthetic..but very advanced.

She watched in interest as the human used the weird fin attachment in the water, making a ‘hmm’ sound. Suddenly, as the human stared at her lower half, scrutinizing it, she crossed her arms, frowning.

“Rude.” She said. It was incredibly rude to stare at someone’s fish half-as mermaids ate fish, it meant that someone wanted to eat your bottom half rather than look at the rest of you. “Which?” She asked, before correcting herself. “What?” She said.

Coel knew it was going to be a shock for a human to see her, and she swam away a bit, just in case it attacked.
Coel swam a bit closer to the human, tilting her head as Rain messed with the odd, shiny bits of her lower half. It had always creeped her out that humans had a mermaid’s too half, than tan abomination the rest of the way. Ugh.

She swam back a bit as the human detached a body part from itself, then showing that most of the human’s leg was the shiny metallic thing. Kind of like a fin prosthetic..but very advanced.

She watched in interest as the human used the weird fin attachment in the water, making a ‘hmm’ sound. Suddenly, as the human stared at her lower half, scrutinizing it, she crossed her arms, frowning.

“Rude.” She said. It was incredibly rude to stare at someone’s fish half-as mermaids ate fish, it meant that someone wanted to eat your bottom half rather than look at the rest of you. “Which?” She asked, before correcting herself. “What?” She said.

Coel knew it was going to be a shock for a human to see her, and she swam away a bit, just in case it attacked.
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
(( Sorry about the long pause, my internet is totally unreliable XP ))

Rain had always heard stories and seen pictures, but the girl's tail was identifiable. It looked like a blue tang fish. Vibrant and cute.

She noted how Coelacanth kept a fair distance between them. She thought maybe it was her leg. So she unhooked the attachment from her belt and shimmied it loose before removing it entirely. She then took the sock off of the remaining stump, leaving the wound bare.

In her experience it generally made people trust her more. As to why, Rain was still speculating.

It felt stupid but Rain had to ask the obvious. She looked at Coelacanth, "Are you a mermaid?"
(( Sorry about the long pause, my internet is totally unreliable XP ))

Rain had always heard stories and seen pictures, but the girl's tail was identifiable. It looked like a blue tang fish. Vibrant and cute.

She noted how Coelacanth kept a fair distance between them. She thought maybe it was her leg. So she unhooked the attachment from her belt and shimmied it loose before removing it entirely. She then took the sock off of the remaining stump, leaving the wound bare.

In her experience it generally made people trust her more. As to why, Rain was still speculating.

It felt stupid but Rain had to ask the obvious. She looked at Coelacanth, "Are you a mermaid?"
VGxuHXT.png
(Oof)

Coel peered at the leg, now confirming that this particular human had lost a leg. The stump proved it. It was like losing half a tail, she reasoned, though she seemed to be doing well. The tail was a large part of mermaid culture-the vibrant scales were kept
very clean, all the time, by all mermaids.

She looked at the human, unimpressed No, I’m a whale.No, I am a humpback.” She translated, her voice cynical.

“Yes, I am a mermaid. Because you see me, you not leave now. No human can..share.” She said, frowning. That was probably all wrong, but whatever. The human, Rain it called itself, could never leave.

It would tell everyone. Though, Coel would be happy to take it to some isolated island. She.. she thought. It looked like a maid, at least. Maybe they didn’t have the same genders. Well, calling a smart creature an ‘it’ seemed wrong anyhow, and she resolved to call Rain something else.
(Oof)

Coel peered at the leg, now confirming that this particular human had lost a leg. The stump proved it. It was like losing half a tail, she reasoned, though she seemed to be doing well. The tail was a large part of mermaid culture-the vibrant scales were kept
very clean, all the time, by all mermaids.

She looked at the human, unimpressed No, I’m a whale.No, I am a humpback.” She translated, her voice cynical.

“Yes, I am a mermaid. Because you see me, you not leave now. No human can..share.” She said, frowning. That was probably all wrong, but whatever. The human, Rain it called itself, could never leave.

It would tell everyone. Though, Coel would be happy to take it to some isolated island. She.. she thought. It looked like a maid, at least. Maybe they didn’t have the same genders. Well, calling a smart creature an ‘it’ seemed wrong anyhow, and she resolved to call Rain something else.

Rain laughed. "Sorry. The last time I didn't ask the obvious nobody told me I'd lost a leg for two weeks and I tried to walk normally.

Then her expression changed a little. Her smile faded, "Well, I wouldn't exactly share. Who would believe me?"

But Rain figured, in the end, that there wasn't much she could do. She couldn't outswim the mer and god only knows how deep the cave they were in was. Speaking of which she didn't want to be trapped down here for long, the oxygen would eventually run out.

"Alright, Coelacanth I can't stay here. Here," Rain motioned generally to the cave around them then at her throat, "Eventually I won't breathe. I'll die."
Rain laughed. "Sorry. The last time I didn't ask the obvious nobody told me I'd lost a leg for two weeks and I tried to walk normally.

Then her expression changed a little. Her smile faded, "Well, I wouldn't exactly share. Who would believe me?"

But Rain figured, in the end, that there wasn't much she could do. She couldn't outswim the mer and god only knows how deep the cave they were in was. Speaking of which she didn't want to be trapped down here for long, the oxygen would eventually run out.

"Alright, Coelacanth I can't stay here. Here," Rain motioned generally to the cave around them then at her throat, "Eventually I won't breathe. I'll die."
VGxuHXT.png
Coel frowned. Humans attempted...prank each other? Or was it maliciously that they didn’t tell her that she had lost a leg. It was a bit weird, but Coel dismissed it. Flipping her tail, she went closer to the human.

“Some.” she replied. Some human would believe her, and she couldn’t trust this human’s word. Mermaids feared humans-and for good reasons. Humans destroyed each other, which merrmaids has never done.

“No..leave. Fine.” Coel said, seeing the flaws in her plan. Then, with that, she ducked under the water, looking for a secluded island to throw the human on.
Coel frowned. Humans attempted...prank each other? Or was it maliciously that they didn’t tell her that she had lost a leg. It was a bit weird, but Coel dismissed it. Flipping her tail, she went closer to the human.

“Some.” she replied. Some human would believe her, and she couldn’t trust this human’s word. Mermaids feared humans-and for good reasons. Humans destroyed each other, which merrmaids has never done.

“No..leave. Fine.” Coel said, seeing the flaws in her plan. Then, with that, she ducked under the water, looking for a secluded island to throw the human on.

Rain frowned. She couldn't make sense of the last thing Coelacanth had said. When the mermaid left Rain was admittedly afraid. She didn't know the way out, nor how deep the cave was.

With nothing better to do she laid on the bank, pulling the sock back on. She felt bare without it. She then laid down to keep her breathing slow so she might last longer since there was no idea how long the mer would be gone.
Rain frowned. She couldn't make sense of the last thing Coelacanth had said. When the mermaid left Rain was admittedly afraid. She didn't know the way out, nor how deep the cave was.

With nothing better to do she laid on the bank, pulling the sock back on. She felt bare without it. She then laid down to keep her breathing slow so she might last longer since there was no idea how long the mer would be gone.
VGxuHXT.png
Quickly swimming, Coel swam around the area. She never had paid attention to the land masses near her home, as they were simply obstacles. Finding a small island a couple minutes away, Coel found it was probably a good place for the human. It was in the middle of nowhere, and it was only a mile wide at most, with lush forests covering it. Plus, it had a rover cutting it in half, so Coel could see Rain whereever she went on the place.

Nodding, she turned and shot through the water, returning to the cave and putting her head above water for only a couple seconds before talking. “Found you place. Appendage, you want on.” She said, growling in frustration of her broken human.

Quickly swimming, Coel swam around the area. She never had paid attention to the land masses near her home, as they were simply obstacles. Finding a small island a couple minutes away, Coel found it was probably a good place for the human. It was in the middle of nowhere, and it was only a mile wide at most, with lush forests covering it. Plus, it had a rover cutting it in half, so Coel could see Rain whereever she went on the place.

Nodding, she turned and shot through the water, returning to the cave and putting her head above water for only a couple seconds before talking. “Found you place. Appendage, you want on.” She said, growling in frustration of her broken human.

Rain sat up. Coelacanth hadn't been gone long which was surpising.

"Okay. But don't drag me."

Sitting up Rain stretched for a moment before pulling her prosthetic on and clipping it back into place in only a few seconds. She smiled almost proudly. That was the only process she perform gracefully anymore.

Sliding down, Rain hopping into the water and held onto the rock. She let out a sigh, "Alright, ready."
Rain sat up. Coelacanth hadn't been gone long which was surpising.

"Okay. But don't drag me."

Sitting up Rain stretched for a moment before pulling her prosthetic on and clipping it back into place in only a few seconds. She smiled almost proudly. That was the only process she perform gracefully anymore.

Sliding down, Rain hopping into the water and held onto the rock. She let out a sigh, "Alright, ready."
VGxuHXT.png
Coel looked interested as she clipped her shiny leg back on, then scowled. “Fine.” She said, frowning. She ducked back under the water, grabbing second human shirt and quickly changing.

She was now in a soaked, as always, blue t-shirt. The letters were faded, but she liked the thing, and she wanted to be comfortable.

Then, she held out her hand to Rain, her tail helping keep her afloat.
Coel looked interested as she clipped her shiny leg back on, then scowled. “Fine.” She said, frowning. She ducked back under the water, grabbing second human shirt and quickly changing.

She was now in a soaked, as always, blue t-shirt. The letters were faded, but she liked the thing, and she wanted to be comfortable.

Then, she held out her hand to Rain, her tail helping keep her afloat.

Taking a deep breath sighed, "Thank you." Although for the life of her she couldn't understand for the life of her why the mer had grabbed her if only just to stare and hiss at her.

Rain took another deep breath before taking Coelacanth's hand.

((Sorry this is kinda short, it'll be longer once Rain can explore))
Taking a deep breath sighed, "Thank you." Although for the life of her she couldn't understand for the life of her why the mer had grabbed her if only just to stare and hiss at her.

Rain took another deep breath before taking Coelacanth's hand.

((Sorry this is kinda short, it'll be longer once Rain can explore))
VGxuHXT.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9