Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Crossing Borders (private rp)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
@interestingword
Agape perked up, smirking.

That explains all the fancy, glittery stuff you have! You could be seen from miles off with that gem studded belly of yours. Do you like living here? It all seems so...dead.

She looked around, then at the dry, crumbling dirt in between her claws.

Like, do you guys really not have any forests? That's kinda nuts- they're the best places to take naps! That, and a cushy flower field- or- or- a really tall stack of books!

Her tail began to whip excitedly as she worked herself up about places to nap, of all things. Her eyes lit up, and she clapped her hands together in delight.

I bet you have your own favorite places here, though! I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to be here, but you should show me!
@interestingword
Agape perked up, smirking.

That explains all the fancy, glittery stuff you have! You could be seen from miles off with that gem studded belly of yours. Do you like living here? It all seems so...dead.

She looked around, then at the dry, crumbling dirt in between her claws.

Like, do you guys really not have any forests? That's kinda nuts- they're the best places to take naps! That, and a cushy flower field- or- or- a really tall stack of books!

Her tail began to whip excitedly as she worked herself up about places to nap, of all things. Her eyes lit up, and she clapped her hands together in delight.

I bet you have your own favorite places here, though! I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to be here, but you should show me!
@MoondustManwise

Helix's head was spinning from how quickly the little stranger leapt from topic to topic. "I mean, we have some forests, but certainly none like Arcane. I'm not even sure they're made up of trees," he mused offhandedly. Last he had visited them, nestled in the northeast of the Wasteland, the smooth trunks and branching canopies seemed more akin to fungi than to the rough-barked groves of his homeland.

He gave her a sly look, turning the conversation away from his ponderings. "You know, if you're interested in our homeland, I don't believe there's any sanctions on guests so long as they're accompanied by someone. I could show you around a bit before you have to go back home, if you like."
@MoondustManwise

Helix's head was spinning from how quickly the little stranger leapt from topic to topic. "I mean, we have some forests, but certainly none like Arcane. I'm not even sure they're made up of trees," he mused offhandedly. Last he had visited them, nestled in the northeast of the Wasteland, the smooth trunks and branching canopies seemed more akin to fungi than to the rough-barked groves of his homeland.

He gave her a sly look, turning the conversation away from his ponderings. "You know, if you're interested in our homeland, I don't believe there's any sanctions on guests so long as they're accompanied by someone. I could show you around a bit before you have to go back home, if you like."
dungeon master
Agape let out an excited squeal before composing herself.

Of course! I suppose I could find time in my busy schedule to visit around...

She paused for a moment.

Well, my schedule is free right now! C'mon, c'mon, let's go!

She bounced on her feet, practically buzzing with excitement.
Agape let out an excited squeal before composing herself.

Of course! I suppose I could find time in my busy schedule to visit around...

She paused for a moment.

Well, my schedule is free right now! C'mon, c'mon, let's go!

She bounced on her feet, practically buzzing with excitement.
@MoondustManwise

Helix took a slight step back, startled at the stranger's bounciness. "Ah! Well, I suppose we can go right now, yes." Go where? He really wasn't sure. Probably he'd just take the scenic route back to his clan with no detours, gods permitting, but that still encompassed a lot of options. He decided to play it safe.

"Is there anywhere you'd really like to see?"
@MoondustManwise

Helix took a slight step back, startled at the stranger's bounciness. "Ah! Well, I suppose we can go right now, yes." Go where? He really wasn't sure. Probably he'd just take the scenic route back to his clan with no detours, gods permitting, but that still encompassed a lot of options. He decided to play it safe.

"Is there anywhere you'd really like to see?"
dungeon master
Agape tapped a claw to her chin. She didn't know a whole lot about the wastes, but there was one place everyone knew. Her gut twisted with excitement to think about it, even with the danger it posed.

I want to see the Wyrmwound! I wonder what would happen if you stuck your whole face in it! Not that I will, of course, it'd probably kill me or something. Even so, it's insane to think about! Big old teeth looking things sprouting from the ground, pustules of nasty pus everywhere...so gross! So cool!

She took a deep breath in. Kevin was always so big and calm, and she felt like a spring wound up too tight. She tried to channel the big tundra's sleepy nature now, but to little avail. Her shaking wings betrayed how jazzed she was at the moment.
Agape tapped a claw to her chin. She didn't know a whole lot about the wastes, but there was one place everyone knew. Her gut twisted with excitement to think about it, even with the danger it posed.

I want to see the Wyrmwound! I wonder what would happen if you stuck your whole face in it! Not that I will, of course, it'd probably kill me or something. Even so, it's insane to think about! Big old teeth looking things sprouting from the ground, pustules of nasty pus everywhere...so gross! So cool!

She took a deep breath in. Kevin was always so big and calm, and she felt like a spring wound up too tight. She tried to channel the big tundra's sleepy nature now, but to little avail. Her shaking wings betrayed how jazzed she was at the moment.
@MoondustManwise

Helix was smiling, but inside, he was hollering. The Wyrmwound. Of course. He couldn't blame her, it was almost the only landmark any outsider knew, but it was also the most dangerous and most difficult to get to.

"The Wymwound! I...yes, we can likely manage that. I suppose. I'll need to make a stop at my home clan first, though, to get clearance for it. Is that alright?"

Clearance, supplies, an intervention, useful things like that. It wasn't that he didn't want to go, of course, as he'd been there before for a trip and it was a perfectly delightful visit. But there was a difference between a professional guide with a tour group who knew what they were getting into, and a nervous scientist with an overenthusiastic young'n who seemed almost to be vibrating with excitement. However, he promised to show her around, and show her around he would. Hopefully it just wouldn't get them into any danger.
@MoondustManwise

Helix was smiling, but inside, he was hollering. The Wyrmwound. Of course. He couldn't blame her, it was almost the only landmark any outsider knew, but it was also the most dangerous and most difficult to get to.

"The Wymwound! I...yes, we can likely manage that. I suppose. I'll need to make a stop at my home clan first, though, to get clearance for it. Is that alright?"

Clearance, supplies, an intervention, useful things like that. It wasn't that he didn't want to go, of course, as he'd been there before for a trip and it was a perfectly delightful visit. But there was a difference between a professional guide with a tour group who knew what they were getting into, and a nervous scientist with an overenthusiastic young'n who seemed almost to be vibrating with excitement. However, he promised to show her around, and show her around he would. Hopefully it just wouldn't get them into any danger.
dungeon master
@interestingword
YES! Agape swung her tail so violently against the ground that it sent up a spray of dust, choking her. After coughing and shaking her head, she let out a violent sneeze.

ACHOO! Ah- thanks! This is gonna be amazing! By the way, what's your name? We never formally introduced ourselves! My name is Agape! Cypera gave it to me when I hatched from and egg she found bobbing in a river!

Her light green eyes began to stare at Helix, her intense focus suddenly feeling like an x-ray as she examined him intently.
@interestingword
YES! Agape swung her tail so violently against the ground that it sent up a spray of dust, choking her. After coughing and shaking her head, she let out a violent sneeze.

ACHOO! Ah- thanks! This is gonna be amazing! By the way, what's your name? We never formally introduced ourselves! My name is Agape! Cypera gave it to me when I hatched from and egg she found bobbing in a river!

Her light green eyes began to stare at Helix, her intense focus suddenly feeling like an x-ray as she examined him intently.
@MoondustManwise

Helix sneezed as well, a bit put-off by her staring, but grateful she didn't protest his plans.

"Er, hello, Agape. My name is Helix, and, ah, I picked it out myself! It seemed... befitting, when I first found it. Has a nice ring to it."

As he spoke he began to walk slowly away from the border, keeping one eye on Agape to make sure she followed so they could be on their way.
@MoondustManwise

Helix sneezed as well, a bit put-off by her staring, but grateful she didn't protest his plans.

"Er, hello, Agape. My name is Helix, and, ah, I picked it out myself! It seemed... befitting, when I first found it. Has a nice ring to it."

As he spoke he began to walk slowly away from the border, keeping one eye on Agape to make sure she followed so they could be on their way.
dungeon master
@interestingword
Agape quickly bounded over, content to walk beside him as they moved forwards. She couldn't decide on whether she wanted to talk or look around, and ended up choosing a mixture of both. Her head swiveled back and forth as she looked at the scenery, then back at Helix, then back at the bones on the ground, then back at Helix-

Wow, how do you guys get food out here?! What do you eat? Do you have, like, mini gardens in your houses where you grow fruit and stuff? Is it true that there's giant toothy worms that erupt from the ground and eat dragons in one bite? Where'd you get such fancy clothes?!

@interestingword
Agape quickly bounded over, content to walk beside him as they moved forwards. She couldn't decide on whether she wanted to talk or look around, and ended up choosing a mixture of both. Her head swiveled back and forth as she looked at the scenery, then back at Helix, then back at the bones on the ground, then back at Helix-

Wow, how do you guys get food out here?! What do you eat? Do you have, like, mini gardens in your houses where you grow fruit and stuff? Is it true that there's giant toothy worms that erupt from the ground and eat dragons in one bite? Where'd you get such fancy clothes?!

@MoondustManwise

Helix could barely keep up with the fast-talking spiral, but did his best as question after question was flung in his direction.

"A lot of dragons have mini gardens, but there's also a lot of hunting, as in any other territory. My clan does a lot of both - we even have a beekeeper! - because that's just what works best for us. Many dragons even forage the land as it is for anything edible. As for giant toothy worms, not necessarily?" He had to pause to think about that one, because he'd certainly heard some very convincing tales.

"No, I don't believe so." Hopefully. "That's more of a Dragonhome problem. No, we just have roving packs of feral mirrors. Much less scary." Thankfully, he could see no sign of them in their immediate surroundings. They typically left him alone, being a member of an established clan, but still, travelers were fair game for a pack no matter where they originated.
@MoondustManwise

Helix could barely keep up with the fast-talking spiral, but did his best as question after question was flung in his direction.

"A lot of dragons have mini gardens, but there's also a lot of hunting, as in any other territory. My clan does a lot of both - we even have a beekeeper! - because that's just what works best for us. Many dragons even forage the land as it is for anything edible. As for giant toothy worms, not necessarily?" He had to pause to think about that one, because he'd certainly heard some very convincing tales.

"No, I don't believe so." Hopefully. "That's more of a Dragonhome problem. No, we just have roving packs of feral mirrors. Much less scary." Thankfully, he could see no sign of them in their immediate surroundings. They typically left him alone, being a member of an established clan, but still, travelers were fair game for a pack no matter where they originated.
dungeon master
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13