Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Glass Sword [1x1 with LittleZephyr]
1 2
With a nervous smile towards the pearlcatcher, she simply asked for a water. Esther never was the biggest fan of drinks with sugar. Glancing over the menu for a moment, she then turned her gaze towards the male that accompanied her. "S-So, Harrow... What is it like to be a warrior?" She softly asks, trying to make conversation.

She did truly want to know though. After all, she wasn't built for any sort of fighting like most imperials. So, the thought of being on the battlefield had always held an interest for her. But most of her thoughts got drowned out by her work.
With a nervous smile towards the pearlcatcher, she simply asked for a water. Esther never was the biggest fan of drinks with sugar. Glancing over the menu for a moment, she then turned her gaze towards the male that accompanied her. "S-So, Harrow... What is it like to be a warrior?" She softly asks, trying to make conversation.

She did truly want to know though. After all, she wasn't built for any sort of fighting like most imperials. So, the thought of being on the battlefield had always held an interest for her. But most of her thoughts got drowned out by her work.
I got no idea what I'm doing, I'm just some lost idiot

Harrow’s crest all to quickly flicked upwards in interest of her question. “To be a Warrior? It brings in many questions to be honest, it makes you question about what your fighting for and who against; you have a lot to wager before, during and after the battle. Before the battle you have to come to terms that you might not win, and if you do not win; you may not walk away. During the fight you have to remain aware of yourself and anything else around you, be it friend or foe. After the battle you have to ensure that battle is truly over, least you end up dead otherwise.” Shifting in his seat slightly then, he tilted his head at her. “To be a Warrior you have to have more than just a strong body. A strong body will most certainly help, but it also can hinder. Your body is only as good as say...” he pauses and grabs a fork then. “This fork. It’s great for eating but if you aren’t using it the right way, it can be rather silly; you wouldn’t see someone trying to shovel with a fork now would you?”

The skydancer paused once more as their waiter came, ordering himself some simple breakfast laced with bugs; seeing how skydancers primarily ate them; before resuming. “To be a Warrior you also have to use your mind, your body will only help if your aware of what’s happening. Say your being attacked, they have you cornered against the wall and the only way out is through them but they have a blade. You notice to the side there’s a bin, you could rush them and risk being harmed or you could take the bin and use it against them. It could block an attack or you could attack with it, giving you the upper hand to fight or flight.”

Harrow’s crest all to quickly flicked upwards in interest of her question. “To be a Warrior? It brings in many questions to be honest, it makes you question about what your fighting for and who against; you have a lot to wager before, during and after the battle. Before the battle you have to come to terms that you might not win, and if you do not win; you may not walk away. During the fight you have to remain aware of yourself and anything else around you, be it friend or foe. After the battle you have to ensure that battle is truly over, least you end up dead otherwise.” Shifting in his seat slightly then, he tilted his head at her. “To be a Warrior you have to have more than just a strong body. A strong body will most certainly help, but it also can hinder. Your body is only as good as say...” he pauses and grabs a fork then. “This fork. It’s great for eating but if you aren’t using it the right way, it can be rather silly; you wouldn’t see someone trying to shovel with a fork now would you?”

The skydancer paused once more as their waiter came, ordering himself some simple breakfast laced with bugs; seeing how skydancers primarily ate them; before resuming. “To be a Warrior you also have to use your mind, your body will only help if your aware of what’s happening. Say your being attacked, they have you cornered against the wall and the only way out is through them but they have a blade. You notice to the side there’s a bin, you could rush them and risk being harmed or you could take the bin and use it against them. It could block an attack or you could attack with it, giving you the upper hand to fight or flight.”
All her attention was on him as he explained it all. It was purely interesting to her. Her head nodded while he spoke of it all. Considering how he explained it, she would never be able to be a warrior. The only time she had snapped her attention off the male was to order. Softly, she tapped her nail on the menu, too shy to say her order aloud, which was a simple breakfast laced with seafood. It as what her family usually ate, so she felt most comfortable with eating it.

Once he had finished explaining it all, a smile formed on her face.
"Wow.. So much skill it takes to be a warrior... No wonder emperors have always been the scariest things among us imperials... They are like living gods of war... No wonder I fainted when I met one." She states softly, letting out a soft laugh. With careful and soft movements, she softly gripped his hand, rubbing her fingertips on the top of it.
All her attention was on him as he explained it all. It was purely interesting to her. Her head nodded while he spoke of it all. Considering how he explained it, she would never be able to be a warrior. The only time she had snapped her attention off the male was to order. Softly, she tapped her nail on the menu, too shy to say her order aloud, which was a simple breakfast laced with seafood. It as what her family usually ate, so she felt most comfortable with eating it.

Once he had finished explaining it all, a smile formed on her face.
"Wow.. So much skill it takes to be a warrior... No wonder emperors have always been the scariest things among us imperials... They are like living gods of war... No wonder I fainted when I met one." She states softly, letting out a soft laugh. With careful and soft movements, she softly gripped his hand, rubbing her fingertips on the top of it.
I got no idea what I'm doing, I'm just some lost idiot
1 2