Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hidden City (RP Thread Closed)
1 2 3
Dawn finished grabbing the last few chamomile plants. They weren't needed immediately but she was running a little low and liked to keep all of the supplies and medicines in stock if there was an emergency. She gingerly placed the stalks into her satchel. Dawn then loops the satchel strap around her neck again so it wasn't as hanging down as much. She then turned into a fox (foxes being her favorite animal) and starts striding back in the main direction of the town.

As Dawn nears the town she starts to smell the scent of fresh bread, which of course since she had ran out of the house before she had the chance to eat anything. Well she just wanted restock the supplies before doing anything, because typically when she put something off she ended up panicking and doing it last minute. Deciding to head to the bakery after, she changes back into human form, sorts the herbs in the back room of the apothecary, and sets of toward the bakery.

When she reaches the bakery she sees Ozul busy and Qadira waiting so she gets in line behind Qadira.
Dawn finished grabbing the last few chamomile plants. They weren't needed immediately but she was running a little low and liked to keep all of the supplies and medicines in stock if there was an emergency. She gingerly placed the stalks into her satchel. Dawn then loops the satchel strap around her neck again so it wasn't as hanging down as much. She then turned into a fox (foxes being her favorite animal) and starts striding back in the main direction of the town.

As Dawn nears the town she starts to smell the scent of fresh bread, which of course since she had ran out of the house before she had the chance to eat anything. Well she just wanted restock the supplies before doing anything, because typically when she put something off she ended up panicking and doing it last minute. Deciding to head to the bakery after, she changes back into human form, sorts the herbs in the back room of the apothecary, and sets of toward the bakery.

When she reaches the bakery she sees Ozul busy and Qadira waiting so she gets in line behind Qadira.
Midnight
((No formatting and quick since it’s from my phone sorry about that ))

Rhuzi

They leaned on the counter in the break room, deciding against taking one of the chair crowded around the table. They started as they heard the door open moments after they had gotten in, trying to recall what Alaric had said as they zoomed by.
It was of course, Alaric coming in. They smiled brightly as he asked after their caffeine, and nodded, taking another sip of the coffee as he asked about the dungeon raid.
“Yeah, we’re still on,” they chuckled as Alaric promised not to die, “It’s alright, I think we’re gonna aim for a lower level.”
They finished their cake, listening as Alaric continued, talking about the customer they had seen in the store already. Apparently they were looking for something pretty and blue, and Alaric made a joke about Rhuzi’s blueness.
Rhuzi snorted, “ Good thing I’m not awake enough to serve them yet, otherwise I might undersell myself!”
They began to throw on their name tag and check in as Alaric retrieved something from the back. Not soon after, Rhuzi slipped out into the store to start their shift.

Mavris
Mav smiled as best she could.
“Of course. What books are you looking for?” The woman asked.
“They’re a little strange. Advanced Necromany Techniques, Largest Known Graveyards and Lord of the Rings.”
Mav has never read Lord of the Rings, but it was on her list of things to do. It was worth a shot with how slow things were at work.
((No formatting and quick since it’s from my phone sorry about that ))

Rhuzi

They leaned on the counter in the break room, deciding against taking one of the chair crowded around the table. They started as they heard the door open moments after they had gotten in, trying to recall what Alaric had said as they zoomed by.
It was of course, Alaric coming in. They smiled brightly as he asked after their caffeine, and nodded, taking another sip of the coffee as he asked about the dungeon raid.
“Yeah, we’re still on,” they chuckled as Alaric promised not to die, “It’s alright, I think we’re gonna aim for a lower level.”
They finished their cake, listening as Alaric continued, talking about the customer they had seen in the store already. Apparently they were looking for something pretty and blue, and Alaric made a joke about Rhuzi’s blueness.
Rhuzi snorted, “ Good thing I’m not awake enough to serve them yet, otherwise I might undersell myself!”
They began to throw on their name tag and check in as Alaric retrieved something from the back. Not soon after, Rhuzi slipped out into the store to start their shift.

Mavris
Mav smiled as best she could.
“Of course. What books are you looking for?” The woman asked.
“They’re a little strange. Advanced Necromany Techniques, Largest Known Graveyards and Lord of the Rings.”
Mav has never read Lord of the Rings, but it was on her list of things to do. It was worth a shot with how slow things were at work.
Kamina

Kamina chuckled at Alaric's comment of the coffee, "Long night i take it." He smiled when Alaric had slipped into the back to retreieve some items, deciding to push away the counter and brownse through other little trinkets during the wait.

He figured maybe he could find feathers or some smaller things like that perhaps, items from animals were always easy to enchant into clothing which allowed shifting into said creature. There had been a time he'd managed to find a shark tooth that through copious amounts of creativity found it's way into an outfit. That was probably the fastest thing he ever sold, aside from when Selkies came to have their skins changed into more functional clothing. That happened quite often.

When Alaric returned, he smoothly slipped back over by the counter, looking at the buttons first,,"You know Alaric, i may like swans but that isn't all i like." He teased lightly before being presented with the ring. It was certainly beautiful and eye catching, probably something that could house magic rather easily or maybe even already had some of it's own to inflict. It was of interest to match most of his clothing, but there was still just one thing he had to consider...

"It is lovely, thougg i'm curious to know what the price is for something like that. Also if it's cursed or not." He joked-- sort of-- at looking at the ring. He held out a hand to offer to take it, "May i?" There was interest in closer expecting it, and better yet making sure it fit. Although perhaps even if it didn't, a jeweller could always resize it...

He looked over when Madigan had entered, smiling at her with a slightly chirp to his vouce, "Good morning Medigan~" He almost rolled his eyes when she brought it up, but he refrained from doing so, "Wouldn't happen to be you would it?" He jabbed lightly at her before waving a hand, "Joking. I don't think it matters much considering i'm basically only ever home to sleep most days. Although i suppose it'd be if slight more interest to you considering you inforce rules, because technically smoking in the appartments is grounds for eviction acording to the landlord." He shrugged slightly, "Not like it really rubs off on me anyways. It's not like i hang around the person for it to."

Ozul

Ozul was finishing placing a batch of bacon and cheese rolls-- something that turned out to be quite popular during the morning rush-- when he heard the bell jingle. He made smooth work of setting them up neatly on their shelf at the backwall, the smell starting to make him regret skipping breakfast. That and how pretty all the donuts looked in the class case beside the front counter, the varieties were near endless.

The naga looked over at Qadira, flicking his forked tongue out from habit to better identify her. "Morning Qadira. Ciabatta is still in the oven at the moment, but i'll get it for you as soon as it's done. Fresh from the first batch, lucky you." He approached the counter, tilting his head slightly at the request before righting it. "I usually make it closer to lunctime, but i can make some if you're willing for the wait. Since i'll be making that for you anyways and you'll be waiting a bit, was there anything else you'd be looking for?" She did like naan and flatbread, but he'd leave the decision up to her considering that was another thing he made most often just after the morning rush.

"If you'd like i can always give you your Cibatta since it's almost ready and give you a call later to pick up your other bread if you have more urgent things to tend to." The other myth did have her own shop to run afterall, so he knew from experience that being away too long could sometimes cut into your expenses. Hopefully things weren't too crazy for her at the moment though.

His gaze flicked over to where another person had entered, noting breifly it was Dawn. "Hello Dawn, what were you looking for this morning?" He went ahead and asked after confirmation from Qadura, figuring that since he had to make the other bread anyways it couldn't hurt to see if the other girl wanted something that was already made.
Kamina

Kamina chuckled at Alaric's comment of the coffee, "Long night i take it." He smiled when Alaric had slipped into the back to retreieve some items, deciding to push away the counter and brownse through other little trinkets during the wait.

He figured maybe he could find feathers or some smaller things like that perhaps, items from animals were always easy to enchant into clothing which allowed shifting into said creature. There had been a time he'd managed to find a shark tooth that through copious amounts of creativity found it's way into an outfit. That was probably the fastest thing he ever sold, aside from when Selkies came to have their skins changed into more functional clothing. That happened quite often.

When Alaric returned, he smoothly slipped back over by the counter, looking at the buttons first,,"You know Alaric, i may like swans but that isn't all i like." He teased lightly before being presented with the ring. It was certainly beautiful and eye catching, probably something that could house magic rather easily or maybe even already had some of it's own to inflict. It was of interest to match most of his clothing, but there was still just one thing he had to consider...

"It is lovely, thougg i'm curious to know what the price is for something like that. Also if it's cursed or not." He joked-- sort of-- at looking at the ring. He held out a hand to offer to take it, "May i?" There was interest in closer expecting it, and better yet making sure it fit. Although perhaps even if it didn't, a jeweller could always resize it...

He looked over when Madigan had entered, smiling at her with a slightly chirp to his vouce, "Good morning Medigan~" He almost rolled his eyes when she brought it up, but he refrained from doing so, "Wouldn't happen to be you would it?" He jabbed lightly at her before waving a hand, "Joking. I don't think it matters much considering i'm basically only ever home to sleep most days. Although i suppose it'd be if slight more interest to you considering you inforce rules, because technically smoking in the appartments is grounds for eviction acording to the landlord." He shrugged slightly, "Not like it really rubs off on me anyways. It's not like i hang around the person for it to."

Ozul

Ozul was finishing placing a batch of bacon and cheese rolls-- something that turned out to be quite popular during the morning rush-- when he heard the bell jingle. He made smooth work of setting them up neatly on their shelf at the backwall, the smell starting to make him regret skipping breakfast. That and how pretty all the donuts looked in the class case beside the front counter, the varieties were near endless.

The naga looked over at Qadira, flicking his forked tongue out from habit to better identify her. "Morning Qadira. Ciabatta is still in the oven at the moment, but i'll get it for you as soon as it's done. Fresh from the first batch, lucky you." He approached the counter, tilting his head slightly at the request before righting it. "I usually make it closer to lunctime, but i can make some if you're willing for the wait. Since i'll be making that for you anyways and you'll be waiting a bit, was there anything else you'd be looking for?" She did like naan and flatbread, but he'd leave the decision up to her considering that was another thing he made most often just after the morning rush.

"If you'd like i can always give you your Cibatta since it's almost ready and give you a call later to pick up your other bread if you have more urgent things to tend to." The other myth did have her own shop to run afterall, so he knew from experience that being away too long could sometimes cut into your expenses. Hopefully things weren't too crazy for her at the moment though.

His gaze flicked over to where another person had entered, noting breifly it was Dawn. "Hello Dawn, what were you looking for this morning?" He went ahead and asked after confirmation from Qadura, figuring that since he had to make the other bread anyways it couldn't hurt to see if the other girl wanted something that was already made.
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
((Also, MidnightWolf has messaged me to say that they have dropped from the roleplay.
And also, kind of going with Alaric's interactions with Rhuzi are happening all at one time before he goes back out to the storefront. I hope it makes sense!))

Alaric

At Rhuzi's comment about them aiming for a lower level when they dungeon raided later, Alaric couldn't help but chuckle and rub the back of his head sheepishly. "Sounds good. I can probably handle that." Getting used to playing multiplayer games was a bit difficult for someone used to mainly single player games. It was a short while after Rhuzi had started working at his shop that the two had started talking about their shared love of video games and they invited him to join them on dungeon raids. Truth be told, he wasn't as bad as he was in the beginning but not great. Even though he wasn't very good at the game, it was actually a lot of fun. So he enjoyed playing despite his still growing skill level. More recently, it was also an excuse for him to be around Rhuzi more, even if they weren't in the same room. At least with them raiding at a lower level this time he wouldn't be such a useless tank. After all, what was the point of a tank who kept dying?

A smile flickered across his features as Rhuzi spoke of underselling themself, a gentle laugh reverberating in his chest. He became aware of a chance to ask a question he'd been meaning to for a while now. His fingers fluttered in a slight show of nervousness. Sure, Alaric probably looked and sounded confident but this still made him pretty nervous. If this didn't go well, things could get really awkward. Oh well! If it didn't go well, he'd deal with it! Why do they have to be so darn cute?! They aren't going to get any less cute, so just go for it! Subtly taking in a deep breath before letting it go, the man then spoke. "Good thing too. I'd say you're worth at least a nice dinner or maybe a few drinks." Okay. Subtle. Maybe too subtle? Would they understand? It's fine just add something to make sure they know. "I know a nice little board game cafe we could go to. Maybe tonight after work?" That might have been to straightforward but there was no going back now! Hoping for the best, he gave them a charming smile.

Back out at the storefront, the man couldn't help but chuckle a bit at Kamina's remark. "Figured swans were a safe bet. If you'd tell me a bit more than 'something pretty' then I might be able to help you more. My taste in things differs from yours." When the swan asked about the ring, a slight smirk flickered across his features. "Well, it's definitely not cursed, as far as I know and you can definitely see the ring." He replied as he handed Kamina the ring. Approaching the topic of the price, Alaric was entering business mode. "Well, I'd be honest with you here, Kamina. I got that ring when I took a gamble on buying a jewelry box at an estate sale for one hundred fifty dollars. Now, that ring is worth more than that but I have more than made up for it with the other items in the box as well as the jewelry box itself. So, I'm not worried about the money at the moment." There was a confident air about him, like he was in his element. And why wouldn't he be? Alaric had been buying and selling for a long time now.

"You do know about the bartering system, yes? How people would trade goods for other goods? Well, while I am fine on money, I do need some more nice clothes. Fortunately, you are a tailor." Alaric crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Now, with my normal discount, shirts from your shop are thirty dollars, right? So, I'll give you that ring in exchange for five collared shirts that you make. And I get to choose the colors." Looking nice was tough when nice clothes usually cost an arm and a leg, so this could be a good deal for both of them. "The ring costs more than hundred fifty dollars, so you are getting a good deal here. Do we have a deal?"
((Also, MidnightWolf has messaged me to say that they have dropped from the roleplay.
And also, kind of going with Alaric's interactions with Rhuzi are happening all at one time before he goes back out to the storefront. I hope it makes sense!))

Alaric

At Rhuzi's comment about them aiming for a lower level when they dungeon raided later, Alaric couldn't help but chuckle and rub the back of his head sheepishly. "Sounds good. I can probably handle that." Getting used to playing multiplayer games was a bit difficult for someone used to mainly single player games. It was a short while after Rhuzi had started working at his shop that the two had started talking about their shared love of video games and they invited him to join them on dungeon raids. Truth be told, he wasn't as bad as he was in the beginning but not great. Even though he wasn't very good at the game, it was actually a lot of fun. So he enjoyed playing despite his still growing skill level. More recently, it was also an excuse for him to be around Rhuzi more, even if they weren't in the same room. At least with them raiding at a lower level this time he wouldn't be such a useless tank. After all, what was the point of a tank who kept dying?

A smile flickered across his features as Rhuzi spoke of underselling themself, a gentle laugh reverberating in his chest. He became aware of a chance to ask a question he'd been meaning to for a while now. His fingers fluttered in a slight show of nervousness. Sure, Alaric probably looked and sounded confident but this still made him pretty nervous. If this didn't go well, things could get really awkward. Oh well! If it didn't go well, he'd deal with it! Why do they have to be so darn cute?! They aren't going to get any less cute, so just go for it! Subtly taking in a deep breath before letting it go, the man then spoke. "Good thing too. I'd say you're worth at least a nice dinner or maybe a few drinks." Okay. Subtle. Maybe too subtle? Would they understand? It's fine just add something to make sure they know. "I know a nice little board game cafe we could go to. Maybe tonight after work?" That might have been to straightforward but there was no going back now! Hoping for the best, he gave them a charming smile.

Back out at the storefront, the man couldn't help but chuckle a bit at Kamina's remark. "Figured swans were a safe bet. If you'd tell me a bit more than 'something pretty' then I might be able to help you more. My taste in things differs from yours." When the swan asked about the ring, a slight smirk flickered across his features. "Well, it's definitely not cursed, as far as I know and you can definitely see the ring." He replied as he handed Kamina the ring. Approaching the topic of the price, Alaric was entering business mode. "Well, I'd be honest with you here, Kamina. I got that ring when I took a gamble on buying a jewelry box at an estate sale for one hundred fifty dollars. Now, that ring is worth more than that but I have more than made up for it with the other items in the box as well as the jewelry box itself. So, I'm not worried about the money at the moment." There was a confident air about him, like he was in his element. And why wouldn't he be? Alaric had been buying and selling for a long time now.

"You do know about the bartering system, yes? How people would trade goods for other goods? Well, while I am fine on money, I do need some more nice clothes. Fortunately, you are a tailor." Alaric crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Now, with my normal discount, shirts from your shop are thirty dollars, right? So, I'll give you that ring in exchange for five collared shirts that you make. And I get to choose the colors." Looking nice was tough when nice clothes usually cost an arm and a leg, so this could be a good deal for both of them. "The ring costs more than hundred fifty dollars, so you are getting a good deal here. Do we have a deal?"
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
(sorry for the delay all, i was at work and babysitting and working and stuff XD)

Madigan

Madigan grinned as she watched Alaric laying out buttons for Kamina to stare at. Beautiful things they were, one of them smelled strongly of the perfume of an elderly woman, and another one smelled kind of like spaghetti. The ring smelled vaguely of the store with faint undertones of some kind of sweetness, like chocolate or candy of some kind. They were all beautiful, wonderful creations. But they were clearly more Kamina or Qadira's speed than her own. Madigan had never been made to wear pretty jewelry. It just wasn't a good idea for her in general. She smiled as she watched Alaric work, nodding her head gently as the two did their exchange. She had always admired the skillful way in which Alaric sold things to others.

She nodded lightly. "Oh i just came by to see how you were doing, going on my rounds." She gave a light laugh. "Its nice to see you doing so well." She gave a glance to Kamina, in the process of buying the fancy-looking jewelry. And a smirk crossed her face as she watched the two interact. She smiled wolfishly at Kamina as he responded to her.

"Hmm. I might have to check it out later." She nodded. "I don't think its fair for the others living there and all, considering some of them have strong senses of smell like me." she tapped the tip of her nose. "Oh, Alaric, i heard there was someone shady hanging around here last night, smelled something weird around the store too, not someone familiar. Just keep your eyes peeled." She sighed.

"Ah, I'd better get back out there soon. Its still early enough that i might be able to follow that scent out of the town, or something. I might come visit again when you aren't so busy." She wrinkled her nose slightly as the scent of dust assaulted her nose. A book nearby. Super dusty, she snorted outwardly and smiled. "Right. Have a good morning the lot of you. I'm going for a run. If any of you want to join me, I'd love some company. Kind of the crappy thing about being the only werewolf in town. No real or true pack, you know??"

Qadira

Qadira gave dawn a crooked smile as she saw Dawn enter behind her and stepped aside as Ozul started waiting on her. "Oh I don't mind waiting at all, always enjoying spending time here. It smells so good after all." She laughed.

She tapped her chin lightly. "For now, Ozul, its fine just with the Ciabatta and the Pepperoni bread. I'll come to pick up some Naan tomorrow so you are prepared for it." She nodded softly. "Don't worry about it, my shop doesn't open till later tonight. Its open when I have a class, so I have some free time this morning." she gazed at the bread and baked goods Ozul had lying out. "You really have to tell me what your secret is when you make things. Everything is always so delicious."

She smiled at Dawn. "Morning. Dawn right? I don't think we've ever formally met before, but its nice to see you out and about. I'm Qadira if you didn't know." She nodded softly.
(sorry for the delay all, i was at work and babysitting and working and stuff XD)

Madigan

Madigan grinned as she watched Alaric laying out buttons for Kamina to stare at. Beautiful things they were, one of them smelled strongly of the perfume of an elderly woman, and another one smelled kind of like spaghetti. The ring smelled vaguely of the store with faint undertones of some kind of sweetness, like chocolate or candy of some kind. They were all beautiful, wonderful creations. But they were clearly more Kamina or Qadira's speed than her own. Madigan had never been made to wear pretty jewelry. It just wasn't a good idea for her in general. She smiled as she watched Alaric work, nodding her head gently as the two did their exchange. She had always admired the skillful way in which Alaric sold things to others.

She nodded lightly. "Oh i just came by to see how you were doing, going on my rounds." She gave a light laugh. "Its nice to see you doing so well." She gave a glance to Kamina, in the process of buying the fancy-looking jewelry. And a smirk crossed her face as she watched the two interact. She smiled wolfishly at Kamina as he responded to her.

"Hmm. I might have to check it out later." She nodded. "I don't think its fair for the others living there and all, considering some of them have strong senses of smell like me." she tapped the tip of her nose. "Oh, Alaric, i heard there was someone shady hanging around here last night, smelled something weird around the store too, not someone familiar. Just keep your eyes peeled." She sighed.

"Ah, I'd better get back out there soon. Its still early enough that i might be able to follow that scent out of the town, or something. I might come visit again when you aren't so busy." She wrinkled her nose slightly as the scent of dust assaulted her nose. A book nearby. Super dusty, she snorted outwardly and smiled. "Right. Have a good morning the lot of you. I'm going for a run. If any of you want to join me, I'd love some company. Kind of the crappy thing about being the only werewolf in town. No real or true pack, you know??"

Qadira

Qadira gave dawn a crooked smile as she saw Dawn enter behind her and stepped aside as Ozul started waiting on her. "Oh I don't mind waiting at all, always enjoying spending time here. It smells so good after all." She laughed.

She tapped her chin lightly. "For now, Ozul, its fine just with the Ciabatta and the Pepperoni bread. I'll come to pick up some Naan tomorrow so you are prepared for it." She nodded softly. "Don't worry about it, my shop doesn't open till later tonight. Its open when I have a class, so I have some free time this morning." she gazed at the bread and baked goods Ozul had lying out. "You really have to tell me what your secret is when you make things. Everything is always so delicious."

She smiled at Dawn. "Morning. Dawn right? I don't think we've ever formally met before, but its nice to see you out and about. I'm Qadira if you didn't know." She nodded softly.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
((it's alright InterestingRaven, I know the moving house feels all too well))
Rhuzi
Rhuzi smiled brightly as Alaric showed confidence and excitement at the new raid idea. They had an idea that it might be better to put Alaric a few levels lower and let him get more of a feel for dungeons and raids, and start him out with larger parties. Usually Rhuzi played with a raid group they joined, and although they had been friendly to Alaric, Rhuzi wanted him to really enjoy the games.
"Good thing too. I'd say you're worth at least a nice dinner or maybe a few drinks." Rhuzi widened their eyes at Alaric's response to their joke, about to ask the man if he met what the demon thought he met, when he barreled onwards, "I know a nice little board game cafe we could go to. Maybe tonight after work?" and Rhuzi felt her stomach fill with butterflies.
It's not exactly like they kept their crush on Alaric entirely hidden- offering to play games, listening to him talk about his many passions and talking about their's was just a way they showed willingness to show someone. Rhuzi just wasn't a smooth talker, and despite years of chances, never got great at quick fire flirting.
"I'd love to! I mean, it sounds great, uh, we can walk together and everything," Rhuzi chirped trying to keep their voice level. Sure, they didn't stutter when they spoke to Alaric, but that had never stopped the schoolgirl like giddiness taking over them whenever they were asked out.
-
Mavris
Mav almost let out a little sigh as she heard the librarian ramble on about Tolkien's work, affirming she didn't mind if the other lady checked for Advanced Necromancy Techniques.
"I read it once, a few years ago," she replied evenly, once the lady had paused in her talk about the books. "I tried to read Lord of the Rings after, but I didn't have much time on my hands. I was a detective back then," she stated, pulling out her wallet for her library card. She did remember enjoying The Hobbit quite thoroughly, but that was right before her necromancy had begun to take root of her. After it started, she couldn't find the energy to care much about reading for years.
"I can see about ordering it, if you don't mind a bit of a wait? It shouldn't take more than a week."
Mav nodded, silently shaking herself out of her own musings, saying "I don't mind at all. Thank you for your help, I've been waiting to check these out for a while."
It had been sometime since she held books- she had been using an e-reader, but something in her missed the way a novel felt in your hand.
((it's alright InterestingRaven, I know the moving house feels all too well))
Rhuzi
Rhuzi smiled brightly as Alaric showed confidence and excitement at the new raid idea. They had an idea that it might be better to put Alaric a few levels lower and let him get more of a feel for dungeons and raids, and start him out with larger parties. Usually Rhuzi played with a raid group they joined, and although they had been friendly to Alaric, Rhuzi wanted him to really enjoy the games.
"Good thing too. I'd say you're worth at least a nice dinner or maybe a few drinks." Rhuzi widened their eyes at Alaric's response to their joke, about to ask the man if he met what the demon thought he met, when he barreled onwards, "I know a nice little board game cafe we could go to. Maybe tonight after work?" and Rhuzi felt her stomach fill with butterflies.
It's not exactly like they kept their crush on Alaric entirely hidden- offering to play games, listening to him talk about his many passions and talking about their's was just a way they showed willingness to show someone. Rhuzi just wasn't a smooth talker, and despite years of chances, never got great at quick fire flirting.
"I'd love to! I mean, it sounds great, uh, we can walk together and everything," Rhuzi chirped trying to keep their voice level. Sure, they didn't stutter when they spoke to Alaric, but that had never stopped the schoolgirl like giddiness taking over them whenever they were asked out.
-
Mavris
Mav almost let out a little sigh as she heard the librarian ramble on about Tolkien's work, affirming she didn't mind if the other lady checked for Advanced Necromancy Techniques.
"I read it once, a few years ago," she replied evenly, once the lady had paused in her talk about the books. "I tried to read Lord of the Rings after, but I didn't have much time on my hands. I was a detective back then," she stated, pulling out her wallet for her library card. She did remember enjoying The Hobbit quite thoroughly, but that was right before her necromancy had begun to take root of her. After it started, she couldn't find the energy to care much about reading for years.
"I can see about ordering it, if you don't mind a bit of a wait? It shouldn't take more than a week."
Mav nodded, silently shaking herself out of her own musings, saying "I don't mind at all. Thank you for your help, I've been waiting to check these out for a while."
It had been sometime since she held books- she had been using an e-reader, but something in her missed the way a novel felt in your hand.
Kamina

"Yes Alaric, I am very familiar with bartering. It's almost preferred to me, considering that it's what I grew up around." Kamina chuckled slightly to themselves. His mothers had used it all the time, trading what they fished from the lake for whatever else the family of swans needed.

"It depends still. I'm perfectly fine with that deal, as long as there isn't an unreasonable time constraint. I have a Selkie skin to modify and a dress to make, so I probably couldn't even get stared on them until the end of the week." Kamina sighed but smiled at Alaric, "So, if you aren't super pressed on needing new clothes in the next few days I would be happy to take that deal."

He paused, "Since the buttons are so cheap are you including them in this deal?" He chirped slightly at the end of the sentence, tilting his head slightly.

Kamina glanced over and smiled at Madigan, "Have a good morning Madigan. Oh and if you're looking for more canine myth company, I know a Hell Hound I could introduce you too. I realize that's nowhere near a werewolf, but figure the offer couldn't hurt since there aren't any other werewolves." He paused, "Oh, and a few shape-shifters. They have a small running group I think..."

Ozul

"Good to know my baking is quality enough smell wise at least." He smiled slightly and glanced back at the various things stacked up on the shelves behind. "If there's anything you want to snack on while you wait, I don't mind giving you it half off since the breakfast batches are already fairly picked over."

He nodded slightly at her mention of the other breads, "Of course. I'll make myself a note for the Naan Bread." He tilted his head ever so slightly at the mention of the shop. "How is your shop fairing? Kamina claimed he was going to drag me there one day just to get me out of my house for ten minutes, but I think I would intimidate the others a bit to much." He chuckled slightly on the account that he had many more segments in his spine than most creatures. Bending, twisting, whatever was things he did very easily considering how great his flexibility was just by nature's blessing of being a snake.

"If I told you my secrets you'd have no reason to come back. Not that I know exactly what I do, I just follow the recipes the way they're written." He shrugged slightly "Although, I've heard when making bread doing a blood sacrifice helps. Then again, that was from a Demon baker so i'm not sure how credible that is-- unless you're making bread for a vampire... interestingly enough you an make blood infused bread." He shook his head slightly "Very odd, but apparently they like it. Not enough vampires in this city for me to go through the trouble for that though..."

"Right though, I should get started on the peperoni bread. Let me know if there's anything else you need, i'll just be in the back." He gestured with his head before slithering back there.
Kamina

"Yes Alaric, I am very familiar with bartering. It's almost preferred to me, considering that it's what I grew up around." Kamina chuckled slightly to themselves. His mothers had used it all the time, trading what they fished from the lake for whatever else the family of swans needed.

"It depends still. I'm perfectly fine with that deal, as long as there isn't an unreasonable time constraint. I have a Selkie skin to modify and a dress to make, so I probably couldn't even get stared on them until the end of the week." Kamina sighed but smiled at Alaric, "So, if you aren't super pressed on needing new clothes in the next few days I would be happy to take that deal."

He paused, "Since the buttons are so cheap are you including them in this deal?" He chirped slightly at the end of the sentence, tilting his head slightly.

Kamina glanced over and smiled at Madigan, "Have a good morning Madigan. Oh and if you're looking for more canine myth company, I know a Hell Hound I could introduce you too. I realize that's nowhere near a werewolf, but figure the offer couldn't hurt since there aren't any other werewolves." He paused, "Oh, and a few shape-shifters. They have a small running group I think..."

Ozul

"Good to know my baking is quality enough smell wise at least." He smiled slightly and glanced back at the various things stacked up on the shelves behind. "If there's anything you want to snack on while you wait, I don't mind giving you it half off since the breakfast batches are already fairly picked over."

He nodded slightly at her mention of the other breads, "Of course. I'll make myself a note for the Naan Bread." He tilted his head ever so slightly at the mention of the shop. "How is your shop fairing? Kamina claimed he was going to drag me there one day just to get me out of my house for ten minutes, but I think I would intimidate the others a bit to much." He chuckled slightly on the account that he had many more segments in his spine than most creatures. Bending, twisting, whatever was things he did very easily considering how great his flexibility was just by nature's blessing of being a snake.

"If I told you my secrets you'd have no reason to come back. Not that I know exactly what I do, I just follow the recipes the way they're written." He shrugged slightly "Although, I've heard when making bread doing a blood sacrifice helps. Then again, that was from a Demon baker so i'm not sure how credible that is-- unless you're making bread for a vampire... interestingly enough you an make blood infused bread." He shook his head slightly "Very odd, but apparently they like it. Not enough vampires in this city for me to go through the trouble for that though..."

"Right though, I should get started on the peperoni bread. Let me know if there's anything else you need, i'll just be in the back." He gestured with his head before slithering back there.
Alaric

For a few agonizing moments Rhuzi was silent and Alaric could feel the thought of having to figure out ways to make things less awkward looming over his head. This would be so embarrassing if they say no! But, just as he seemed to give up hope, the demon responded and not only did they agree to go but they said they would love to! A big, dorky grin appeared on his face and just wouldn't go away. They said yes!! If he was alone right now, the man might just have jumped for joy or fist pumped or, heck, even danced around. He was just that happy! "Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it!" There was no hiding the excitement in his voice. Was he dreaming? He had to be dreaming, right? No, he had his coffee already. Then they had said yes! They really had said yes! A slightly flushed face did not put a damper on the bright smile on his face. "Well, he had better get to work, then. After all, it'll make time move all the faster." Alaric said, giving them a little wink. There was no use hiding how excited he was about their date, so why bother? The only problem was how on Earth was he going to be able to concentrate while working??

Thinking over the deal that Kamina put forward, the man brought a finger to his chin thoughtfully. Well, truly he didn't need the new clothes right now. Just as long as he got them within a couple of weeks, that would be fine. It would be rude to demand that Kamina make them when he already had other orders and Alaric wanted to make sure that he would keep doing business at the shop and still give that discount on clothes. At the mention of adding in those buttons as well, the man sighed a little. Why not? Maybe it would be like paying it forward? After all, something great had happened to him today, so why not? "Sure, I can do that. And take your time on the clothes, since I don't need them right now. Just as long as I get them." He finally replied, holding out his hand to the swan. "Sounds like a deal."

As Madigan mentioned that she caught an unfamiliar scent around the outside of the shop, a look of concern spread over his features. Someone was hanging out outside his shop? This place was his business and home, so it was worthy of concern. "Thanks for letting me know, Madigan. I'll be sure to make sure everything is locked up at night. If anything happens, I'll let you know."

(Tossing in another character. Being lazy with no character sheet XD. If anyone else wants to add in another character, just let me know!)
Bren

Just behind a local bar, a delivery truck was parked to drop off what would be needed for the day. The Kodiak was not some simple, hole in the wall kind of place. It was a rather trendy place where people could gather for a nice drink and some great food. And the latter was exactly what the delivery truck was dropping off. The owner was out there helping set up like he usually did, hefting large boxes and sacks of ingredients over his shoulder and carrying them into the kitchen as if they weighted nothing. Although, as an ursitaur, they probably didn't weight much to him. While most ursitaurs had some amount of muscle, especially in their bear halves, Bren was very muscular even by his people's standards. His torso hidden by a plain, white t-shirt but even it was unable to completely hide all the definition of his muscles. It had only been a few months since the opening of The Kodiak but business was great! It wasn't the only one he ran in town, a small board game cafe as well as a small a more casual sports bar were the others. It had all been through hard work that Bren wasn't afraid to put into any of his businesses.

Just as he was about to duck through the doorway leading out back to the truck, a cry from one of his staff members coming from the other side of the delivery truck caught his attention and he immediately stormed over to see what was wrong. "What's wrong?!" He bellowed, his brown gaze met with the sight of a winded staff member who was looking very pale. Through trying to catch their breath and trying to steady their nerves, Bren was able to find that one of the speakers that had been ordered had just been stolen. The ursitaur walked over to his staff member and lightly patted them on the shoulder. "It's okay, you did all you could. Go take the rest of the day off. That kind of a scare would take it out of anyone." He told them gently as he ushered them towards the door into the building.

Returning to the delivery truck, he sighed a bit running a hand through his shirt brown hair and pulling at his beard a bit in thought. Well, suppose there was only one thing to do here. Pulling out his cell phone from his shirt pocket, Bren dialed the familiar number of a local officer. "Hey, Madigan? Yeah, kind of got some trouble here down by the new bar. Nothing serious but, if you have the time, I'd appreciate it if you could stop by. Thanks." Hanging up and putting the phone back in his pocket, the only thing he could do now was to wait. But he trusted that she would help out when she got here. After all, she was always his go-to when dealing with disorderly drunks. She was reliable and pretty kind despite being rough around the edges. The ursitaur had actually grown to like the woman quite a bit because of that. So, he knew she would be willing to help him out.
Alaric

For a few agonizing moments Rhuzi was silent and Alaric could feel the thought of having to figure out ways to make things less awkward looming over his head. This would be so embarrassing if they say no! But, just as he seemed to give up hope, the demon responded and not only did they agree to go but they said they would love to! A big, dorky grin appeared on his face and just wouldn't go away. They said yes!! If he was alone right now, the man might just have jumped for joy or fist pumped or, heck, even danced around. He was just that happy! "Sounds great! I'm looking forward to it!" There was no hiding the excitement in his voice. Was he dreaming? He had to be dreaming, right? No, he had his coffee already. Then they had said yes! They really had said yes! A slightly flushed face did not put a damper on the bright smile on his face. "Well, he had better get to work, then. After all, it'll make time move all the faster." Alaric said, giving them a little wink. There was no use hiding how excited he was about their date, so why bother? The only problem was how on Earth was he going to be able to concentrate while working??

Thinking over the deal that Kamina put forward, the man brought a finger to his chin thoughtfully. Well, truly he didn't need the new clothes right now. Just as long as he got them within a couple of weeks, that would be fine. It would be rude to demand that Kamina make them when he already had other orders and Alaric wanted to make sure that he would keep doing business at the shop and still give that discount on clothes. At the mention of adding in those buttons as well, the man sighed a little. Why not? Maybe it would be like paying it forward? After all, something great had happened to him today, so why not? "Sure, I can do that. And take your time on the clothes, since I don't need them right now. Just as long as I get them." He finally replied, holding out his hand to the swan. "Sounds like a deal."

As Madigan mentioned that she caught an unfamiliar scent around the outside of the shop, a look of concern spread over his features. Someone was hanging out outside his shop? This place was his business and home, so it was worthy of concern. "Thanks for letting me know, Madigan. I'll be sure to make sure everything is locked up at night. If anything happens, I'll let you know."

(Tossing in another character. Being lazy with no character sheet XD. If anyone else wants to add in another character, just let me know!)
Bren

Just behind a local bar, a delivery truck was parked to drop off what would be needed for the day. The Kodiak was not some simple, hole in the wall kind of place. It was a rather trendy place where people could gather for a nice drink and some great food. And the latter was exactly what the delivery truck was dropping off. The owner was out there helping set up like he usually did, hefting large boxes and sacks of ingredients over his shoulder and carrying them into the kitchen as if they weighted nothing. Although, as an ursitaur, they probably didn't weight much to him. While most ursitaurs had some amount of muscle, especially in their bear halves, Bren was very muscular even by his people's standards. His torso hidden by a plain, white t-shirt but even it was unable to completely hide all the definition of his muscles. It had only been a few months since the opening of The Kodiak but business was great! It wasn't the only one he ran in town, a small board game cafe as well as a small a more casual sports bar were the others. It had all been through hard work that Bren wasn't afraid to put into any of his businesses.

Just as he was about to duck through the doorway leading out back to the truck, a cry from one of his staff members coming from the other side of the delivery truck caught his attention and he immediately stormed over to see what was wrong. "What's wrong?!" He bellowed, his brown gaze met with the sight of a winded staff member who was looking very pale. Through trying to catch their breath and trying to steady their nerves, Bren was able to find that one of the speakers that had been ordered had just been stolen. The ursitaur walked over to his staff member and lightly patted them on the shoulder. "It's okay, you did all you could. Go take the rest of the day off. That kind of a scare would take it out of anyone." He told them gently as he ushered them towards the door into the building.

Returning to the delivery truck, he sighed a bit running a hand through his shirt brown hair and pulling at his beard a bit in thought. Well, suppose there was only one thing to do here. Pulling out his cell phone from his shirt pocket, Bren dialed the familiar number of a local officer. "Hey, Madigan? Yeah, kind of got some trouble here down by the new bar. Nothing serious but, if you have the time, I'd appreciate it if you could stop by. Thanks." Hanging up and putting the phone back in his pocket, the only thing he could do now was to wait. But he trusted that she would help out when she got here. After all, she was always his go-to when dealing with disorderly drunks. She was reliable and pretty kind despite being rough around the edges. The ursitaur had actually grown to like the woman quite a bit because of that. So, he knew she would be willing to help him out.
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
Madigan

Madigan nodded. "Ah, thanks Kamina, I might very well take you up on that offer." She gave him a pleasant smile which was somehow intimidating considering it was nearly all teeth. "It might be nice to run with a Hellhound, or maybe even a few shifters provided they aren't too fragrant." her eyes widened as her phone went off and she flipped it into her hand smoothly. A familiar, smooth voice echoed from the other end. Bren, just as calm and cool as ever. She grew serious as she heard what he said on the other end. "Yep. Be right over." and like that, the conversation was over. Bren brought in a lot of.. interesting people to forest nook. It wasn't as frequently as it could have been considering Bren took care of a lot of the people before they could cause public disturbances or get that drunk. But occasionally, every once in a while even he couldn't stop the occasional angry drunk from coming around. Still he did his best. She couldn't help but wonder what he had to ask her about.

She gave a toothy grin to those around her and waved her hand. "Well, looks like a crime spree is starting early." She snorted. "Guess I have to go track down a thief. See you both later." Without another word she waved to the two of them and walked out of the door, taking in the scent of the bakery nearby. She could see Qadira standing inside waiting for bread and gave her a tiny wave before taking off full run. Bren said it wasn't that serious, she doubted he would have called her over for something trivial. Her nose caught the scent of various people as she dashed by, and she took wide berth around a rather fragrant garbage can. Down the street, around the corner, her muscles strained as she pushed herself faster and faster until she was a blur. There was a faint scent of fear in the air, from one of Bren's staff members.. she couldn't remember their name at the moment. And the scent of someone unfamiliar hanging around, the same scent she'd smelled hanging around Alaric's shop. Over top of it though, was the smell of Bren, musky and masculine, and it raised a red flag to her wolf half each time she scented it. It always made her a bit on edge. She supposed it was because they were both large predators or something.

Madigan paused to catch her breath, wiping a bead of sweat from her face. It was far more pleasant to cool herself in dog form by panting. However, in dog form she couldn't speak other than through barking as well as tail and ear movements. Not really a reliable way to ask Bren questions and all.

She sucked in a breath, predatory eyes flickering toward Bren as she slowly approached, giving him a slow once over. He looked as healthy as ever, so it wasn't something that had hurt him clearly. She smiled as she saw him, approaching slowly and straightening her back and shoulders, spouting off seriously as she became all business. "So. What seems to be the problem?"
_____
Qadira (know i double posted but i don't want Ozul to get left behind XD)

Qadira sucked in a breath. "Oh? Well.. I mean.. that scone looks great." She added another bill to her pile and crinkled her eyes at him pleasantly. "I probably shouldn't, but guilty pleasures and all."

She paused long enough to grasp a scone from the shelves and take a bite, hmming in pleasure as she chewed and swallowed. Her eyes sparkled. "Oh my shops been doing well. As peaceful as ever. I really wish you would come." She gazed at the lithe snake-like body of the Naga. "Its always so fascinating to watch how flexible your kind can be. I would very much welcome you joining in if you wanted. If there are those in my class who would be intimidated by the beauty of how flexible you can be, I would not want their bad vibes in my room anyways." Her eyes lingered on his scales. "I do have knowledge of Naga stretches and poses for someone like you with more body to work with. If you would be interested, I'd love to show you." Considering she was a Djinn she could use her illusions to change her body and become a 'naga' of sorts just to demonstrate the twists and turns she wanted to demonstrate.

A cheery laugh escaped her throat as he mentioned something about making a blood sacrifice when making bread. His sense of humor was something alright. At least she hoped it was his sense of humor.. he was awfully hard to read at times.

She hung out near the front of the store, leaning on the counter once more and munching on her scone. "I was serious about you coming over to my shop sometime. Naga do originate from where my family originated before we set up in Forest Nook, so it would be nice to have a chat while limbering our bodies and getting in touch with our inner selves." She dipped her head.
Madigan

Madigan nodded. "Ah, thanks Kamina, I might very well take you up on that offer." She gave him a pleasant smile which was somehow intimidating considering it was nearly all teeth. "It might be nice to run with a Hellhound, or maybe even a few shifters provided they aren't too fragrant." her eyes widened as her phone went off and she flipped it into her hand smoothly. A familiar, smooth voice echoed from the other end. Bren, just as calm and cool as ever. She grew serious as she heard what he said on the other end. "Yep. Be right over." and like that, the conversation was over. Bren brought in a lot of.. interesting people to forest nook. It wasn't as frequently as it could have been considering Bren took care of a lot of the people before they could cause public disturbances or get that drunk. But occasionally, every once in a while even he couldn't stop the occasional angry drunk from coming around. Still he did his best. She couldn't help but wonder what he had to ask her about.

She gave a toothy grin to those around her and waved her hand. "Well, looks like a crime spree is starting early." She snorted. "Guess I have to go track down a thief. See you both later." Without another word she waved to the two of them and walked out of the door, taking in the scent of the bakery nearby. She could see Qadira standing inside waiting for bread and gave her a tiny wave before taking off full run. Bren said it wasn't that serious, she doubted he would have called her over for something trivial. Her nose caught the scent of various people as she dashed by, and she took wide berth around a rather fragrant garbage can. Down the street, around the corner, her muscles strained as she pushed herself faster and faster until she was a blur. There was a faint scent of fear in the air, from one of Bren's staff members.. she couldn't remember their name at the moment. And the scent of someone unfamiliar hanging around, the same scent she'd smelled hanging around Alaric's shop. Over top of it though, was the smell of Bren, musky and masculine, and it raised a red flag to her wolf half each time she scented it. It always made her a bit on edge. She supposed it was because they were both large predators or something.

Madigan paused to catch her breath, wiping a bead of sweat from her face. It was far more pleasant to cool herself in dog form by panting. However, in dog form she couldn't speak other than through barking as well as tail and ear movements. Not really a reliable way to ask Bren questions and all.

She sucked in a breath, predatory eyes flickering toward Bren as she slowly approached, giving him a slow once over. He looked as healthy as ever, so it wasn't something that had hurt him clearly. She smiled as she saw him, approaching slowly and straightening her back and shoulders, spouting off seriously as she became all business. "So. What seems to be the problem?"
_____
Qadira (know i double posted but i don't want Ozul to get left behind XD)

Qadira sucked in a breath. "Oh? Well.. I mean.. that scone looks great." She added another bill to her pile and crinkled her eyes at him pleasantly. "I probably shouldn't, but guilty pleasures and all."

She paused long enough to grasp a scone from the shelves and take a bite, hmming in pleasure as she chewed and swallowed. Her eyes sparkled. "Oh my shops been doing well. As peaceful as ever. I really wish you would come." She gazed at the lithe snake-like body of the Naga. "Its always so fascinating to watch how flexible your kind can be. I would very much welcome you joining in if you wanted. If there are those in my class who would be intimidated by the beauty of how flexible you can be, I would not want their bad vibes in my room anyways." Her eyes lingered on his scales. "I do have knowledge of Naga stretches and poses for someone like you with more body to work with. If you would be interested, I'd love to show you." Considering she was a Djinn she could use her illusions to change her body and become a 'naga' of sorts just to demonstrate the twists and turns she wanted to demonstrate.

A cheery laugh escaped her throat as he mentioned something about making a blood sacrifice when making bread. His sense of humor was something alright. At least she hoped it was his sense of humor.. he was awfully hard to read at times.

She hung out near the front of the store, leaning on the counter once more and munching on her scone. "I was serious about you coming over to my shop sometime. Naga do originate from where my family originated before we set up in Forest Nook, so it would be nice to have a chat while limbering our bodies and getting in touch with our inner selves." She dipped her head.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
((Here I am, sorry if this seems late ^^'))

Kamina

"Thank you Alaric" He chirped happily and pulled out his pone to copy the order of shirts into the list of orders he had. "They should be done by mid next week since human styled clothes are relatively easy to do. If you want you can either come in tomorrow or later today and give me your order or I can just copy it down now, for the colors and such." Kamina typed the general pats of the order into his phone, pausing briefly. "Oh and if there were any special or more personalized buttons you wanted on them aside form the ones you can usually pick from, feel free to bring them in or give them to me free of extra charge."

He shifted his phone to one hand, shaking the hand of the human. Perhaps it'd been a good morning for him considering Alaric wasn't much of a morning person. Good to know everyone was getting what they wanted for the day. Mentally he picked through the places he needed to go very briefly.

"Oh they aren't to fragrant, well not the ones i'm thinking of at least." He smiled at Madigan in return despite her sharp teeth. He may be a bird, but a swans did have a bit of reputation for looking pretty and still being able to screw someone up. Besides, it's not like the werewolf was actually going to hurt him-- at least not in front of everyone here even if she wanted to. She was to smart for that of course. "Goodbye Madigan, hope you catch your baddie." He joked as she left, turning his attention back to Alaric.

Ozul

The naga smiled slightly and gave her the scone, putting her payment into the register. "One scone never hurt anyone, besides they taste better when you don't have to pay full price." He teased and flicked his tongue out slightly in contemplation of what she'd said.

"Perhaps i'll have to take up that offer then. Apparently i'm 'way to tense all the time' which I find to be rich words coming form someone who wouldn't acknowledge the existence of any human for the first year of living here." He rolled his eyes at the thought of how standoffish the Swan had been upon his arrival to the town, or at least from the stories Ozul had been told. "I do appreciate the offer truly. Perhaps I should, though I don't think it'd be as easy to have me with the rest of a class, only just because my body shape is different form most other creatures."

In the back room, he was quick to make the peperoni bread and put it into the oven, collecting the Ciabatta rolls not long after and putting them into a small paper bag. He put them on a small shelf in the back for orders, having them ready to wait there for when the peperoni bread was done.

He looked at her when he'd slithered out from the back room, "I do appreciate the offer. If I ever get some spare time and enough money together that I haven't spent on necessities or plants, i'll be sure to come by." Ozul mentally told himself he probably couldn't fit anymore flowers or dwarf trees into his apartment, but next shopping spree would probably end up adding three or four more to the cramped room if only because it was spring which brought out so much more options...
((Here I am, sorry if this seems late ^^'))

Kamina

"Thank you Alaric" He chirped happily and pulled out his pone to copy the order of shirts into the list of orders he had. "They should be done by mid next week since human styled clothes are relatively easy to do. If you want you can either come in tomorrow or later today and give me your order or I can just copy it down now, for the colors and such." Kamina typed the general pats of the order into his phone, pausing briefly. "Oh and if there were any special or more personalized buttons you wanted on them aside form the ones you can usually pick from, feel free to bring them in or give them to me free of extra charge."

He shifted his phone to one hand, shaking the hand of the human. Perhaps it'd been a good morning for him considering Alaric wasn't much of a morning person. Good to know everyone was getting what they wanted for the day. Mentally he picked through the places he needed to go very briefly.

"Oh they aren't to fragrant, well not the ones i'm thinking of at least." He smiled at Madigan in return despite her sharp teeth. He may be a bird, but a swans did have a bit of reputation for looking pretty and still being able to screw someone up. Besides, it's not like the werewolf was actually going to hurt him-- at least not in front of everyone here even if she wanted to. She was to smart for that of course. "Goodbye Madigan, hope you catch your baddie." He joked as she left, turning his attention back to Alaric.

Ozul

The naga smiled slightly and gave her the scone, putting her payment into the register. "One scone never hurt anyone, besides they taste better when you don't have to pay full price." He teased and flicked his tongue out slightly in contemplation of what she'd said.

"Perhaps i'll have to take up that offer then. Apparently i'm 'way to tense all the time' which I find to be rich words coming form someone who wouldn't acknowledge the existence of any human for the first year of living here." He rolled his eyes at the thought of how standoffish the Swan had been upon his arrival to the town, or at least from the stories Ozul had been told. "I do appreciate the offer truly. Perhaps I should, though I don't think it'd be as easy to have me with the rest of a class, only just because my body shape is different form most other creatures."

In the back room, he was quick to make the peperoni bread and put it into the oven, collecting the Ciabatta rolls not long after and putting them into a small paper bag. He put them on a small shelf in the back for orders, having them ready to wait there for when the peperoni bread was done.

He looked at her when he'd slithered out from the back room, "I do appreciate the offer. If I ever get some spare time and enough money together that I haven't spent on necessities or plants, i'll be sure to come by." Ozul mentally told himself he probably couldn't fit anymore flowers or dwarf trees into his apartment, but next shopping spree would probably end up adding three or four more to the cramped room if only because it was spring which brought out so much more options...
1 2 3