Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Triggered (RP, closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Kit straightened their back as they stared down at the track, annoyance flickering in their eyes at Ozma's response. This kid.. This kid would just not shut up would he? Spouting off his mouth about things he didn't even have a clue about, telling them they were being excessive, trying to lecture them about the way they were training their recruits. He had no idea. And thanks to his little display it was going to take a lot longer to teach everyone now.

They reached to their pocket, pulled out a box and flicked a Cigarette into their hand, fumbling with it, they lit up the end and placed the tip in their mouth, leaning back slightly and lighting the tip with a lighter. Taking a dragon of the cigarette, they let out a stream of smoke into the air before flicking some ash to the side with practiced ease, "Oz here wants to ask more questions and keep spouting off his mouth." they hummed, becoming almost cat-like in mannerisms as they let the cheshire grin spread across their face. "So while before I was going to give you guys a few laps around the track. Now i'm going to run you until you puke."

They motioned to the track. "Go on then. Get moving."

Another puff on their cigarette, blowing the smoke into the air as the stress seemed to only intensify on their shoulders. "I had you pegged completely wrong kid. Thought that you were the self-sacrificing sort. Thought for sure you might try and shoulder the responsibility yourself, take your own punishment. Looks like I was wrong, its kind of a let down." They find a bench near the track and ease themself down into it, humming to themself before tapping the bench as if welcoming Ozma to sit beside them.

Not waiting for a response, they lean back on the bench. "This makes you mad I bet." they puff on their cigarette again, blowing the smoke into the air as if they were some kind of weird train. "You probably hate me." a wheezing laugh escaped from their chest as they blew out another plume of smoke. "Its just so amusing to me that you think a brat like you thinks he knows everything."

Angela had been actually pretty happy when Alister had nodded as if he was ready to be her neighbor. It would be nice to have a friendly face at her side. She smiled at him, ready to turn into the night.. when one of the kids walked up to Kit.

Angela heard the conversation clearly.. and it wasn't pretty. And then.. because of Ozma.. they had to do laps. And then the kid, apparently careless that he was making more problems for everyone.. continued to talk till Kit added on more

Angela was not pleased when Ozma started spouting off his mouth, and had made them have to.. run.. or as Kit had added, wheel. And he didn't stop talking, causing Kit to increase their running time. She couldn't help but feel just a little irritated that the kid was continuing to irritate Kit. And he wasn't even getting punished for it.

She wheeled after the others, down and toward the track, keeping Alister in her peripheral. he was really the only one she'd actually talked to for more than three seconds. Gene seemed interesting, but she also seemed kinda chaotic, like she was the type not to sit still for two seconds. And Brett.. Brett seemed really cool, but she wasn't sure because she didn't know them that well.

She wheeled her way around the track at a slower pace to keep up with the others, not wanting to just use the momentum of the wheels to barrel ahead. She watched as another one of the girls. Asha maybe?? Sprinted around the track rather happily.

Honestly, Angela could feel Gary's annoyance at the back of her head. "Just stream Spongebob, okay??" She urged him. "You don't have to do any work, alright?? Just don't give me any trouble please.

Gary booped and soon the sound of the Spongebob theme song was playing from the chair. Quiet enough that Kit wouldn't hear it, but loud enough that someone who ran beside her might hear it instead. Before long, the episode started to play again, mumbled voices mixed in with happy booping from wheelchair Gary.

____

Max was.. notably.. saddened that Adrielle hadn't really seemed too keen on him. He'd just been trying to make friends with her. Talk with her a little. Apparently she was bitter about being here. Well that was pretty obvious. I mean, he wasn't fond of it either.. but he had no choice so he was trying to make the best of it, all things considered.

When Kit snapped at Ozma, he didn't really know what to think. He'd never been an athletic guy, so running.. well it wasn't his favorite task for sure. He could see irritation and anger in the eyes of some of the others. Biting his lip, he strode up to Kit and Ozma carefully, straightening his back and shoulders. He caught the last snippets of conversation and watched as Kit puffed on a cigarette. Kit did have a point. Ozma had kind of caused all of this... well. no.. Kit had caused all of this.. But Ozma had kept it going for longer than necessary. He probably hadn't meant to considering he didn't know Kit. well.. none of them knew Kit.

It didn't seem right, it never seemed right.. and he had to do something.

Clearing his throat, he stood tall and strong as Kit focused their eyes on him. "You are supposed to be running, Maxwell...or do you really want to be a troublemaker like our dear Ozma here?"

Max was a hundred percent certain he'd never introduced himself on the bus as Maxwell. Staring at Kit for a moment in confusion, he managed to keep his composure. "Uhm.. excuse me. Sorry. I would like to offer to take the entire punishment myself."

Kit gave him a surprised look, obviously not expecting that. "Really?"

Max nodded and gestured to his pudgy body. "I'm fat. So i can use the exercise anyways."

Kit looked a mixture between amused and content. "Good point." They smiled. "Okay kiddies. If anyone wants to opt out of running, they can feel free to. Maxwell here is going to run your laps for you if you leave, along with his own." They paused. "Oh and Ozma, my friend. You aren't going anywhere. You get to be my arm candy for the rest of the day."

Maxwell already hated himself for offering to do this. But he'd made a choice, and it was time he stuck to it. He was turning eighteen in a few weeks anyways. He had to learn to be a man and shoulder some responsibility. That's how his dad had always taught him after all.
Kit straightened their back as they stared down at the track, annoyance flickering in their eyes at Ozma's response. This kid.. This kid would just not shut up would he? Spouting off his mouth about things he didn't even have a clue about, telling them they were being excessive, trying to lecture them about the way they were training their recruits. He had no idea. And thanks to his little display it was going to take a lot longer to teach everyone now.

They reached to their pocket, pulled out a box and flicked a Cigarette into their hand, fumbling with it, they lit up the end and placed the tip in their mouth, leaning back slightly and lighting the tip with a lighter. Taking a dragon of the cigarette, they let out a stream of smoke into the air before flicking some ash to the side with practiced ease, "Oz here wants to ask more questions and keep spouting off his mouth." they hummed, becoming almost cat-like in mannerisms as they let the cheshire grin spread across their face. "So while before I was going to give you guys a few laps around the track. Now i'm going to run you until you puke."

They motioned to the track. "Go on then. Get moving."

Another puff on their cigarette, blowing the smoke into the air as the stress seemed to only intensify on their shoulders. "I had you pegged completely wrong kid. Thought that you were the self-sacrificing sort. Thought for sure you might try and shoulder the responsibility yourself, take your own punishment. Looks like I was wrong, its kind of a let down." They find a bench near the track and ease themself down into it, humming to themself before tapping the bench as if welcoming Ozma to sit beside them.

Not waiting for a response, they lean back on the bench. "This makes you mad I bet." they puff on their cigarette again, blowing the smoke into the air as if they were some kind of weird train. "You probably hate me." a wheezing laugh escaped from their chest as they blew out another plume of smoke. "Its just so amusing to me that you think a brat like you thinks he knows everything."

Angela had been actually pretty happy when Alister had nodded as if he was ready to be her neighbor. It would be nice to have a friendly face at her side. She smiled at him, ready to turn into the night.. when one of the kids walked up to Kit.

Angela heard the conversation clearly.. and it wasn't pretty. And then.. because of Ozma.. they had to do laps. And then the kid, apparently careless that he was making more problems for everyone.. continued to talk till Kit added on more

Angela was not pleased when Ozma started spouting off his mouth, and had made them have to.. run.. or as Kit had added, wheel. And he didn't stop talking, causing Kit to increase their running time. She couldn't help but feel just a little irritated that the kid was continuing to irritate Kit. And he wasn't even getting punished for it.

She wheeled after the others, down and toward the track, keeping Alister in her peripheral. he was really the only one she'd actually talked to for more than three seconds. Gene seemed interesting, but she also seemed kinda chaotic, like she was the type not to sit still for two seconds. And Brett.. Brett seemed really cool, but she wasn't sure because she didn't know them that well.

She wheeled her way around the track at a slower pace to keep up with the others, not wanting to just use the momentum of the wheels to barrel ahead. She watched as another one of the girls. Asha maybe?? Sprinted around the track rather happily.

Honestly, Angela could feel Gary's annoyance at the back of her head. "Just stream Spongebob, okay??" She urged him. "You don't have to do any work, alright?? Just don't give me any trouble please.

Gary booped and soon the sound of the Spongebob theme song was playing from the chair. Quiet enough that Kit wouldn't hear it, but loud enough that someone who ran beside her might hear it instead. Before long, the episode started to play again, mumbled voices mixed in with happy booping from wheelchair Gary.

____

Max was.. notably.. saddened that Adrielle hadn't really seemed too keen on him. He'd just been trying to make friends with her. Talk with her a little. Apparently she was bitter about being here. Well that was pretty obvious. I mean, he wasn't fond of it either.. but he had no choice so he was trying to make the best of it, all things considered.

When Kit snapped at Ozma, he didn't really know what to think. He'd never been an athletic guy, so running.. well it wasn't his favorite task for sure. He could see irritation and anger in the eyes of some of the others. Biting his lip, he strode up to Kit and Ozma carefully, straightening his back and shoulders. He caught the last snippets of conversation and watched as Kit puffed on a cigarette. Kit did have a point. Ozma had kind of caused all of this... well. no.. Kit had caused all of this.. But Ozma had kept it going for longer than necessary. He probably hadn't meant to considering he didn't know Kit. well.. none of them knew Kit.

It didn't seem right, it never seemed right.. and he had to do something.

Clearing his throat, he stood tall and strong as Kit focused their eyes on him. "You are supposed to be running, Maxwell...or do you really want to be a troublemaker like our dear Ozma here?"

Max was a hundred percent certain he'd never introduced himself on the bus as Maxwell. Staring at Kit for a moment in confusion, he managed to keep his composure. "Uhm.. excuse me. Sorry. I would like to offer to take the entire punishment myself."

Kit gave him a surprised look, obviously not expecting that. "Really?"

Max nodded and gestured to his pudgy body. "I'm fat. So i can use the exercise anyways."

Kit looked a mixture between amused and content. "Good point." They smiled. "Okay kiddies. If anyone wants to opt out of running, they can feel free to. Maxwell here is going to run your laps for you if you leave, along with his own." They paused. "Oh and Ozma, my friend. You aren't going anywhere. You get to be my arm candy for the rest of the day."

Maxwell already hated himself for offering to do this. But he'd made a choice, and it was time he stuck to it. He was turning eighteen in a few weeks anyways. He had to learn to be a man and shoulder some responsibility. That's how his dad had always taught him after all.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
Asha had already started running when Kit declared they would be running even longer, thanks to their dear friend Ozma. Asha stopped and gave Ozma and a “What the **?” look? What was Ozma Ben saying at this point? Why did he keep talking? Why was Kit punishing them instead of Ozma?

Okay, that sounded wrong even in her head. She didn’t particularly want Ozma to get in trouble, but it didn’t make sense to punish everybody but him. Granted, Asha wanted to run at first, but she could tell Kit was going to make this absolutely awful, even for her.

Asha only grew more irritated as another kid, who she was pretty sure was the bird kid, walk up to Kit and Ozma. What now?? She continued to stand still, wanting to watch whatever his was go down, despite the chance of angering Kit. To her surprise, Kit announced that Max would take their laps. Asha turned to look at Max with surprise and respect. Max didn’t look too pleased with their decision, but they seemed determined. Well. She might as well help out.

Asha walked up to Kit, Max, and Ozma. ”Excuse me? I’d like to split the punishment with Max. I...want to stay in shape.” Asha smiled softly, but quickly forced it off her face, deciding Kit wouldn’t like it and hoping he didn’t notice. She knew her excuse was pretty bad, but she expected it would be better than flat-out saying the wanted to run. Well, not how much she just volunteered herself to... Hm. Well, no going back now.
Asha had already started running when Kit declared they would be running even longer, thanks to their dear friend Ozma. Asha stopped and gave Ozma and a “What the **?” look? What was Ozma Ben saying at this point? Why did he keep talking? Why was Kit punishing them instead of Ozma?

Okay, that sounded wrong even in her head. She didn’t particularly want Ozma to get in trouble, but it didn’t make sense to punish everybody but him. Granted, Asha wanted to run at first, but she could tell Kit was going to make this absolutely awful, even for her.

Asha only grew more irritated as another kid, who she was pretty sure was the bird kid, walk up to Kit and Ozma. What now?? She continued to stand still, wanting to watch whatever his was go down, despite the chance of angering Kit. To her surprise, Kit announced that Max would take their laps. Asha turned to look at Max with surprise and respect. Max didn’t look too pleased with their decision, but they seemed determined. Well. She might as well help out.

Asha walked up to Kit, Max, and Ozma. ”Excuse me? I’d like to split the punishment with Max. I...want to stay in shape.” Asha smiled softly, but quickly forced it off her face, deciding Kit wouldn’t like it and hoping he didn’t notice. She knew her excuse was pretty bad, but she expected it would be better than flat-out saying the wanted to run. Well, not how much she just volunteered herself to... Hm. Well, no going back now.
vjFLC.gif she/her
ace/bi
+2 FR time
forever rambling
Devon had barely got to the track before Kit announced they were going to make them run until they puked. No, no, no, no, no. Puke was the ultimate dirt and Devon tried his best to avoid it. He started walking reluctantly around the track, not daring to go any faster in case he tripped. "Clothes can be washed," he assured himself quietly. "Everything can be cleaned. Besides, Kit won't really make you puke." Will they? Actually, the more he thought about it the more likely it seemed. He wanted to cry or scream or yell. Mostly he wanted to shove Ozma and Kit right into the mud.

And then some other kid goes off chatting with Kit as if that has never caused problems before. His immediate thought was, Great, now we have to run until we drop dead. His gaze further turned disapproving as he noticed the cigarette in his instructor's hand. Didn't they know how bad that was for their health? Devon was growing so frustrated he didn't notice he was walking faster to the extent he practically was running. God, he hated this. He wanted to know what they were talking about. Maybe if he tried hard enough he'd have a heart attack and never have to run again.

Devon couldn't help but beam as Kit announced they didn't have to run laps anymore. He'd barely finished one, but it had definitely been the worst lap of his life. Not because it was tiring, just because his thoughts were consuming. He had been trying incessantly to not hate Ozma so early on for such a petty reason, but the more Kit piled on, the more impossible that appeared. He noticed Asha then join that conversation. Considering she was the only person he really knew, and she had been pretty eager to run in the first place, Devon didn't feel very guilty about not wanting to do laps. His smile faded quickly though. Should he be feeling guilty? Well, it wasn't really Devon's fault in the first place. It wasn't really Max or Asha's either, but they at least were doing it willingly.

Don't look at them. You'll change your mind. You don't like running and you need to unpack. Still, he did feel pretty babyish being the first one not offering to share the punishment. If the punishment was mopping floors or something he wouldn't have hesitated. But running outside on a field took everything he hated and squashed it into one big event. When he walked past them all, Devon stopped. This was really rude. He had almost not even thanked them. Asha looked like she was waiting to get back on the track. Max didn't appear so pleased. Devon tried not to think about it. "Thank you," he said to the pair. "That's very noble of you." From his tone it was clear he wasn't feeling noble. He did actually appreciate it, though.

With that, Devon stood at the door. Now, this was a problem. If he went inside he'd be trailing dirt all over the place, and people, including himself, had to live here. If he didn't, he'd probably just get stared at. He wasn't even that dirty, but it was enough to make him wait for someone else to go inside while messy, or for someone to tell him to go in; that way, he'd know it was okay. Everyone's going to think you're a freak.

---

Adrielle tried her best to not care about the sadness Max had had when she basically told him to get lost. It was fairly easy considering she'd had a lot of practise. She ignored Kit as he shouted at first. Ha! She'd never puke. Well, at least, she thought she wouldn't.

Now, the second comment was interesting. Who was Maxwell? She turned to look, and it was the guy with all the birds. Was he doing that to impress her or because he was an idiot? Probably the latter. If this had happened at school, Adrielle would've been pleased, but this really ruined her running away plan. Kit would definitely notice if she suddenly left the track. On the plus side, she could practise so that when she actually did have the opportunity, she'd be so much faster.

Shortly after Asha asked to split the punishment, Adrielle ran over. "I want to split the punishment too," she stated. She gave no reason; she doubted the excuse 'because it will make me faster so I can run away from your creepy facility' was acceptable.
Devon had barely got to the track before Kit announced they were going to make them run until they puked. No, no, no, no, no. Puke was the ultimate dirt and Devon tried his best to avoid it. He started walking reluctantly around the track, not daring to go any faster in case he tripped. "Clothes can be washed," he assured himself quietly. "Everything can be cleaned. Besides, Kit won't really make you puke." Will they? Actually, the more he thought about it the more likely it seemed. He wanted to cry or scream or yell. Mostly he wanted to shove Ozma and Kit right into the mud.

And then some other kid goes off chatting with Kit as if that has never caused problems before. His immediate thought was, Great, now we have to run until we drop dead. His gaze further turned disapproving as he noticed the cigarette in his instructor's hand. Didn't they know how bad that was for their health? Devon was growing so frustrated he didn't notice he was walking faster to the extent he practically was running. God, he hated this. He wanted to know what they were talking about. Maybe if he tried hard enough he'd have a heart attack and never have to run again.

Devon couldn't help but beam as Kit announced they didn't have to run laps anymore. He'd barely finished one, but it had definitely been the worst lap of his life. Not because it was tiring, just because his thoughts were consuming. He had been trying incessantly to not hate Ozma so early on for such a petty reason, but the more Kit piled on, the more impossible that appeared. He noticed Asha then join that conversation. Considering she was the only person he really knew, and she had been pretty eager to run in the first place, Devon didn't feel very guilty about not wanting to do laps. His smile faded quickly though. Should he be feeling guilty? Well, it wasn't really Devon's fault in the first place. It wasn't really Max or Asha's either, but they at least were doing it willingly.

Don't look at them. You'll change your mind. You don't like running and you need to unpack. Still, he did feel pretty babyish being the first one not offering to share the punishment. If the punishment was mopping floors or something he wouldn't have hesitated. But running outside on a field took everything he hated and squashed it into one big event. When he walked past them all, Devon stopped. This was really rude. He had almost not even thanked them. Asha looked like she was waiting to get back on the track. Max didn't appear so pleased. Devon tried not to think about it. "Thank you," he said to the pair. "That's very noble of you." From his tone it was clear he wasn't feeling noble. He did actually appreciate it, though.

With that, Devon stood at the door. Now, this was a problem. If he went inside he'd be trailing dirt all over the place, and people, including himself, had to live here. If he didn't, he'd probably just get stared at. He wasn't even that dirty, but it was enough to make him wait for someone else to go inside while messy, or for someone to tell him to go in; that way, he'd know it was okay. Everyone's going to think you're a freak.

---

Adrielle tried her best to not care about the sadness Max had had when she basically told him to get lost. It was fairly easy considering she'd had a lot of practise. She ignored Kit as he shouted at first. Ha! She'd never puke. Well, at least, she thought she wouldn't.

Now, the second comment was interesting. Who was Maxwell? She turned to look, and it was the guy with all the birds. Was he doing that to impress her or because he was an idiot? Probably the latter. If this had happened at school, Adrielle would've been pleased, but this really ruined her running away plan. Kit would definitely notice if she suddenly left the track. On the plus side, she could practise so that when she actually did have the opportunity, she'd be so much faster.

Shortly after Asha asked to split the punishment, Adrielle ran over. "I want to split the punishment too," she stated. She gave no reason; she doubted the excuse 'because it will make me faster so I can run away from your creepy facility' was acceptable.
As he ran, Alister could already feel his leg muscles beginning to tire out. It wasn't like he was out of shape or anything, but he was just far more accustomed to sitting and watching horror movies than running marathons. This was definitely not the type of exercising that he liked! Exorcising demons, heck yes! Running, heck no!! But he had to stay positive! Being negative wouldn't help here. It was still so early in the appearance of the antagonist that you couldn't be hopeless yet. That was for later in the movie! So, he would run and pretend he was some fast zombie chasing down some survivors or something. And, if they did run until they puked, well he could just be one of those zombies that spits radioactive sludge or something. Gotta keep those positive thoughts!

It was then that he heard Jigsaw-er, Kit call out something about how Max had offered to take on all of their combined laps himself so that the rest of them didn't have to. A hero approaches!! But wait, he couldn't just leave someone behind. The person who gets left behind dies in scary movies, so nobody will be left behind!! Some other people seemed to have gone to Max's rescue already and Alister wasn't about to not join them. If he knew anything, it was greater numbers meant a better chance of survival...usually. Well, he could certainly hope it was that way. So, after resisting with all his might to not raise his arms like a zombie, he jogged over to stand with the group of people. The teen stopped next to a girl named...a drill? Adrenaline? Wait! It was Adrielle! Yes, she was the one who could make illusions of rats or something. Neat!

But that wasn't why he was here right now. The first face off against the antagonist was happening and he wasn't going to miss it! "I'd like to split it as well." He told them, a look of determination on his face just like on the bus.
As he ran, Alister could already feel his leg muscles beginning to tire out. It wasn't like he was out of shape or anything, but he was just far more accustomed to sitting and watching horror movies than running marathons. This was definitely not the type of exercising that he liked! Exorcising demons, heck yes! Running, heck no!! But he had to stay positive! Being negative wouldn't help here. It was still so early in the appearance of the antagonist that you couldn't be hopeless yet. That was for later in the movie! So, he would run and pretend he was some fast zombie chasing down some survivors or something. And, if they did run until they puked, well he could just be one of those zombies that spits radioactive sludge or something. Gotta keep those positive thoughts!

It was then that he heard Jigsaw-er, Kit call out something about how Max had offered to take on all of their combined laps himself so that the rest of them didn't have to. A hero approaches!! But wait, he couldn't just leave someone behind. The person who gets left behind dies in scary movies, so nobody will be left behind!! Some other people seemed to have gone to Max's rescue already and Alister wasn't about to not join them. If he knew anything, it was greater numbers meant a better chance of survival...usually. Well, he could certainly hope it was that way. So, after resisting with all his might to not raise his arms like a zombie, he jogged over to stand with the group of people. The teen stopped next to a girl named...a drill? Adrenaline? Wait! It was Adrielle! Yes, she was the one who could make illusions of rats or something. Neat!

But that wasn't why he was here right now. The first face off against the antagonist was happening and he wasn't going to miss it! "I'd like to split it as well." He told them, a look of determination on his face just like on the bus.
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
He had no idea what had been going through the instructors head, but was deathly apparent to Ozma that he certainly couldn't read people even when it was so plainly in front of him. He'd asked a simple question, a curiosity he could have easily disregaurded and then been dropped, but no. He continued to lash out at them all, snapping the whole way.

He wasn't trying to ridicule the man-- who was certainly giving off the vibe he couldn't handle kids, at least at the moment-- he was only trying to understand. They knew nothing about their teacher, but their teacher had asked them all to share. Sure he had shared his event, but trust was a mutual thing. He couldn't just expect them all to trust him going only off that and the way he acted towards them currently. It was begining to look as though that is all Kit ever wanted to do: train them. There was no room for watching out for them, there was no caring, there was not anything. They were to be warriors, to be an army of robots who followed without question. Don't have feelings, or at least don't show them you stupid eighteen year old. Don't you remember anything your father told you?

'Just stand there and shut up'.

He could have offered an explination. That taking on the punishment and pressing forward only seemed aggrivate the instructor more, so he wouldn't because he didn't want anyone hurt more. But he didn't, he'd just stand there and look like he was invapable of feeling much of anything. He would stop for their sake, but they'd never know that. They'd all continue to hate him if they already did and he'd be the one they could all pick apart when they got bored and needed a chewtoy. All because as always he preoccupied on what would happen to others above himself.

One thing that was becoming painfully clear to him was that adults were awful. He'd never met one he could trust, he'd never met anyone older than him that was kind. Asking for someone to be nice to tou was a crime apparently, too much for any of them to handle. You're no ones equal, you're an ends to a mean. Always have been, always will be. To your parents, to their inheritance, and now to Kit.

The only person older than him that'd ever shown him any shred of sencirity in being nice was Gene. Something told him that she was coming from a similar place to him though, not exactly ideal no matter how well off you might have been. Maybe they could come to confide in one another, that is assuming she didn't want to slap him after all of this.

What's worse is he felt his heart drop at the idea of having to be near Kit, especially for the rest of the day. He was true in saying he'd listen to the man for training, but other than that he wanted to be as far away as possible from the man. He'd be reserved to the man, and vowed internally to never ever treat any of the others here like that no matter how cruel they were to him. Because they were young, life was hard, and this was a war. Who would you be able to count on if not for your team? Better yet he thought it absurd the man thought he knew everything. He'd just been asking questions not a moment earlier, how did that at all constitute as 'knowing everything'?

And yet he still refused to defend himself if only so the others wouldn't suffer for it. If Kit wasn't going to mature about this, then Oz would do as he always had. He'd stand there, look pretty, and let everyone think whatever they wanted about him, because whether they liked it or not everything he did was in anyone's best interest.

He shot an apologetic look to the few that had come over and offered to take all the punishment for the others. He wanted to himself, but he kept his mouth shut because it was obvious Kit would only make it worse anymore. Instead he opted to stay right where he was and fold his hands behind his back, and decided to be the villain because what good would come out of them mistrusting their mentor? For all he knew if they mistrusted Kit, they wouldn't follow them into battle or obey them in despirate situations like Ozma still would.

So lucky for Kit, Ozma had been playing the part of 'good little robot' his entire life and probably knew how to do it better than anyone here.

Percy was glad for Gene. She was kind, and not quick to assume or anything like that. Plus she'd actually come over so that was a pleasent surprise.

He heard Kit mention running laps, and at seeing the inatructors grin of pure evil, he kept from looking to happy about having to run. Regaurdless, it wouldn't exactly be much of an issue, that is until he mentioned the 'go till you puke' part

That, was less than ideal. There was no 'puke' phase for him, there was 'go' and 'stop'. You either run until you choose to quit, or your run until you knock yourself out. Sadly there was no in bewteen, but hey at least he if knocked himself unconcious he wouldn't have to deal with all of this drama.

Odly enough, that was starting to look like the lesser of two evils.

He calmly approached their instructor, head bowed slightlt to make himself appear more harmless before looking at them, "Um… i know these guys are trying to take the punishment. If it's okay, i'd like to take at least part if i can't have it all, i think it'd… help me." he glanced at the small group there before looking at Kit. The mentor hadn't had a good start to the boy, so maybe that grudge would hold and Kit would be all to eager to make him take the punishment fully. Well, at least he could show off his powers to the others if he did since he didn't exactly introduce himself…

He glanced at the older boy standing next to Kit with a slight frown. There had been a brief look of apology, but after that the kid looked like he probably was allergic to the full spectrum of human emotions. Although he had to admit, he wasn't sure if they all should allow Kit to pick on them. They're all supposed to be a team, so should they stick up for each other or was this just some kind of test the instructor was already giving them?
He had no idea what had been going through the instructors head, but was deathly apparent to Ozma that he certainly couldn't read people even when it was so plainly in front of him. He'd asked a simple question, a curiosity he could have easily disregaurded and then been dropped, but no. He continued to lash out at them all, snapping the whole way.

He wasn't trying to ridicule the man-- who was certainly giving off the vibe he couldn't handle kids, at least at the moment-- he was only trying to understand. They knew nothing about their teacher, but their teacher had asked them all to share. Sure he had shared his event, but trust was a mutual thing. He couldn't just expect them all to trust him going only off that and the way he acted towards them currently. It was begining to look as though that is all Kit ever wanted to do: train them. There was no room for watching out for them, there was no caring, there was not anything. They were to be warriors, to be an army of robots who followed without question. Don't have feelings, or at least don't show them you stupid eighteen year old. Don't you remember anything your father told you?

'Just stand there and shut up'.

He could have offered an explination. That taking on the punishment and pressing forward only seemed aggrivate the instructor more, so he wouldn't because he didn't want anyone hurt more. But he didn't, he'd just stand there and look like he was invapable of feeling much of anything. He would stop for their sake, but they'd never know that. They'd all continue to hate him if they already did and he'd be the one they could all pick apart when they got bored and needed a chewtoy. All because as always he preoccupied on what would happen to others above himself.

One thing that was becoming painfully clear to him was that adults were awful. He'd never met one he could trust, he'd never met anyone older than him that was kind. Asking for someone to be nice to tou was a crime apparently, too much for any of them to handle. You're no ones equal, you're an ends to a mean. Always have been, always will be. To your parents, to their inheritance, and now to Kit.

The only person older than him that'd ever shown him any shred of sencirity in being nice was Gene. Something told him that she was coming from a similar place to him though, not exactly ideal no matter how well off you might have been. Maybe they could come to confide in one another, that is assuming she didn't want to slap him after all of this.

What's worse is he felt his heart drop at the idea of having to be near Kit, especially for the rest of the day. He was true in saying he'd listen to the man for training, but other than that he wanted to be as far away as possible from the man. He'd be reserved to the man, and vowed internally to never ever treat any of the others here like that no matter how cruel they were to him. Because they were young, life was hard, and this was a war. Who would you be able to count on if not for your team? Better yet he thought it absurd the man thought he knew everything. He'd just been asking questions not a moment earlier, how did that at all constitute as 'knowing everything'?

And yet he still refused to defend himself if only so the others wouldn't suffer for it. If Kit wasn't going to mature about this, then Oz would do as he always had. He'd stand there, look pretty, and let everyone think whatever they wanted about him, because whether they liked it or not everything he did was in anyone's best interest.

He shot an apologetic look to the few that had come over and offered to take all the punishment for the others. He wanted to himself, but he kept his mouth shut because it was obvious Kit would only make it worse anymore. Instead he opted to stay right where he was and fold his hands behind his back, and decided to be the villain because what good would come out of them mistrusting their mentor? For all he knew if they mistrusted Kit, they wouldn't follow them into battle or obey them in despirate situations like Ozma still would.

So lucky for Kit, Ozma had been playing the part of 'good little robot' his entire life and probably knew how to do it better than anyone here.

Percy was glad for Gene. She was kind, and not quick to assume or anything like that. Plus she'd actually come over so that was a pleasent surprise.

He heard Kit mention running laps, and at seeing the inatructors grin of pure evil, he kept from looking to happy about having to run. Regaurdless, it wouldn't exactly be much of an issue, that is until he mentioned the 'go till you puke' part

That, was less than ideal. There was no 'puke' phase for him, there was 'go' and 'stop'. You either run until you choose to quit, or your run until you knock yourself out. Sadly there was no in bewteen, but hey at least he if knocked himself unconcious he wouldn't have to deal with all of this drama.

Odly enough, that was starting to look like the lesser of two evils.

He calmly approached their instructor, head bowed slightlt to make himself appear more harmless before looking at them, "Um… i know these guys are trying to take the punishment. If it's okay, i'd like to take at least part if i can't have it all, i think it'd… help me." he glanced at the small group there before looking at Kit. The mentor hadn't had a good start to the boy, so maybe that grudge would hold and Kit would be all to eager to make him take the punishment fully. Well, at least he could show off his powers to the others if he did since he didn't exactly introduce himself…

He glanced at the older boy standing next to Kit with a slight frown. There had been a brief look of apology, but after that the kid looked like he probably was allergic to the full spectrum of human emotions. Although he had to admit, he wasn't sure if they all should allow Kit to pick on them. They're all supposed to be a team, so should they stick up for each other or was this just some kind of test the instructor was already giving them?
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
It was becoming obvious how much of a jerk Devon would look if he didn't agree to take the punishment like everyone else. Besides, he looked a fool debating whether or not he should enter into the facility. With that, he made his decision, turning around and walking up to Kit. "I would... like to run too." He sighed, having decided he'd rather do anything else. "It's not like we'll all die or anything if we run for a bit," he added somewhat unsurely. His gaze moved to the floor, trying his best not to look at Oz or at Kit. Honestly, he wasn't the biggest fan of either right now, or himself. He was making a mistake, wasn't he? He should just go inside.

Are you chicken? That memory was enough to frustrate him to the extent he forgot all about the fact that it was a field and he'd just volunteered to run laps until he threw up. He fidgeted uncomfortably, wanting nothing more than to disappear inside, find a dorm, and never leave it again. Training looked horrible, the triggered were literally going to kill them, and now it seemed that Devon couldn't even trust Kit, who was there to look after them. Now he really wanted Meg here, or his stepdad. Or even his mother, though he didn't exactly know where she was.

What a fun day he was having.

--

Adrielle was all good with the whole "let's hate Ozma for running his tongue" lark, but it became clear to her that this was definitely not what he had wanted. He shot a look around that turned off her filter entirely. Not that it had been particularly on in the first place, but now she was ready to start an argument, and she wasn't fussy about who with. She scowled at Kit, deciding that made it clear she didn't like them. "You're unfair," she stated, "What did he really do wrong? Actually, what did anybody here do wrong? I mean, we're all here offering to take a punishment that we shouldn't have in the first place." She turned to glare at all the people volunteering to split the punishment. "And also, what is with this? Are some of you doing this out of pure kindness? Are you mad? Was there a brainwashing thing I'm immune to or something? I can't believe you all want to run just to help one another." Her scowl only grew. She was not giving out the best impression (when did she ever), but at least she was sticking up for people... sort of.
It was becoming obvious how much of a jerk Devon would look if he didn't agree to take the punishment like everyone else. Besides, he looked a fool debating whether or not he should enter into the facility. With that, he made his decision, turning around and walking up to Kit. "I would... like to run too." He sighed, having decided he'd rather do anything else. "It's not like we'll all die or anything if we run for a bit," he added somewhat unsurely. His gaze moved to the floor, trying his best not to look at Oz or at Kit. Honestly, he wasn't the biggest fan of either right now, or himself. He was making a mistake, wasn't he? He should just go inside.

Are you chicken? That memory was enough to frustrate him to the extent he forgot all about the fact that it was a field and he'd just volunteered to run laps until he threw up. He fidgeted uncomfortably, wanting nothing more than to disappear inside, find a dorm, and never leave it again. Training looked horrible, the triggered were literally going to kill them, and now it seemed that Devon couldn't even trust Kit, who was there to look after them. Now he really wanted Meg here, or his stepdad. Or even his mother, though he didn't exactly know where she was.

What a fun day he was having.

--

Adrielle was all good with the whole "let's hate Ozma for running his tongue" lark, but it became clear to her that this was definitely not what he had wanted. He shot a look around that turned off her filter entirely. Not that it had been particularly on in the first place, but now she was ready to start an argument, and she wasn't fussy about who with. She scowled at Kit, deciding that made it clear she didn't like them. "You're unfair," she stated, "What did he really do wrong? Actually, what did anybody here do wrong? I mean, we're all here offering to take a punishment that we shouldn't have in the first place." She turned to glare at all the people volunteering to split the punishment. "And also, what is with this? Are some of you doing this out of pure kindness? Are you mad? Was there a brainwashing thing I'm immune to or something? I can't believe you all want to run just to help one another." Her scowl only grew. She was not giving out the best impression (when did she ever), but at least she was sticking up for people... sort of.
Angela, seeing the steadily growing group of people went to wheel herself toward them, slowly inching her way at the group, stopping. She positioned herself next to the other kids, shooting the now silent Ozma a stare before glancing right back to Kit. The faint sounds of spongebob laughing and then talking about Krabby patties could be heard as she smiled at everyone. "I'll just split the punishment too." She stated. No matter what, it probably wouldn't be as tiring on her as the others.. considering she did have assistance with the chair and all. Momentum and such. She felt a strange camaraderie with the rest of the kids. They were a united front. Except for Oz.. who she honestly felt bad for, her stomach clenched. It could have easily been her up there beside Kit. and her being painted as the scapegoat.

____

Max hadn't been expecting anyone to actually join him, and was surprised when they did. His eyes widened as he gazed back at them all, darting back and forth between each person. One kid had elected to leave initially, and then..on second glance turned back and come to join them. He felt actually pleased that no one was willing to leave him here to take the punishment alone.

Even the girl who had been rude to him before joined them. Adrielle. He felt a smile lift the corners of his mouth and warmth spread throughout his entire body. Maybe this was her way of an apology for earlier?? And she felt bad? Or she was trying to reach out to be friends too?

_____

Kit stared at the steadily growing group before them, an amused smile drifting across their face. The kids seemed so eager now. And it was.. very interesting to be honest. Taking a slow drag on their cigarette they blew out a puff of smoke, eyes twinkling with life. "Well well well." They drawled. "Certainly is a fun turn of events now, isn't it." They were a bit irritated by the sound of sponebob playing from Angela's chair.. but they weren't going to do anything about it if what they had heard about her abilities was really true.

They stared at the track, tapping their foot and humming as they leaned back to stare at the sky. Blue.. cloudless. it was a nice day. "In that case. How about seven laps a piece." they drawled. "Except for you Percy. With your Speedy Gonzalez thing going on you should still finish before everyone else does. Honestly, its not even a punishment for you. Maybe i should make you write lines or something instead." They tapped their face. "Eh. you can just run double everyone else, not like it matters much."

Kit moved their head back so they were looking at each kid again. "Thanks to Maxwell, the punishment is back to what it was before Oz the great and powerful here decided to mess with me."

Kit laughed as Adrielle ran off her mouth to them. "I'm unfair. So is the world kid." they snorted. "Now, because of your mouth, you kiddies get to wake up niiiice and early tomorrow and do this running thing again. This time its you who will sit out and watch while everyone else runs."

They sucked on the last of their cigarette, spraying ash to the wind as they threw the butt on the ground and stomped it with their foot. "You kiddies clearly aren't getting the lesson here, so I guess I have to spell it out for you word by word. In this place. I'm the law. Whatever I say goes. You will respect me, and you will not question anything I say. Because like it or not, kiddies. I'm your best shot at getting through this stuff alive. I've raised little snots like you into fine warriors, teams who actually can defeat Triggered. So, If I say jump, you say how high, if i say run, you say how far, if i say fling yourself off a building, you better goddamn do it." They stood tall and strong, looming over the kids. "And you can back talk me all you want behind my back, talk about how unfair I am and how cruel I am. I really don't care. But to my face, none of you are to question how I do things. You're to fall in line, shut up and listen."

Kit grinned, a crooked grin that spread across their face. "That's only if you want to live though. If you really want to die, its fine with me. Do what you want. See where that gets you." They gestured to the track. "Go on then kiddos. Its run or die."
Angela, seeing the steadily growing group of people went to wheel herself toward them, slowly inching her way at the group, stopping. She positioned herself next to the other kids, shooting the now silent Ozma a stare before glancing right back to Kit. The faint sounds of spongebob laughing and then talking about Krabby patties could be heard as she smiled at everyone. "I'll just split the punishment too." She stated. No matter what, it probably wouldn't be as tiring on her as the others.. considering she did have assistance with the chair and all. Momentum and such. She felt a strange camaraderie with the rest of the kids. They were a united front. Except for Oz.. who she honestly felt bad for, her stomach clenched. It could have easily been her up there beside Kit. and her being painted as the scapegoat.

____

Max hadn't been expecting anyone to actually join him, and was surprised when they did. His eyes widened as he gazed back at them all, darting back and forth between each person. One kid had elected to leave initially, and then..on second glance turned back and come to join them. He felt actually pleased that no one was willing to leave him here to take the punishment alone.

Even the girl who had been rude to him before joined them. Adrielle. He felt a smile lift the corners of his mouth and warmth spread throughout his entire body. Maybe this was her way of an apology for earlier?? And she felt bad? Or she was trying to reach out to be friends too?

_____

Kit stared at the steadily growing group before them, an amused smile drifting across their face. The kids seemed so eager now. And it was.. very interesting to be honest. Taking a slow drag on their cigarette they blew out a puff of smoke, eyes twinkling with life. "Well well well." They drawled. "Certainly is a fun turn of events now, isn't it." They were a bit irritated by the sound of sponebob playing from Angela's chair.. but they weren't going to do anything about it if what they had heard about her abilities was really true.

They stared at the track, tapping their foot and humming as they leaned back to stare at the sky. Blue.. cloudless. it was a nice day. "In that case. How about seven laps a piece." they drawled. "Except for you Percy. With your Speedy Gonzalez thing going on you should still finish before everyone else does. Honestly, its not even a punishment for you. Maybe i should make you write lines or something instead." They tapped their face. "Eh. you can just run double everyone else, not like it matters much."

Kit moved their head back so they were looking at each kid again. "Thanks to Maxwell, the punishment is back to what it was before Oz the great and powerful here decided to mess with me."

Kit laughed as Adrielle ran off her mouth to them. "I'm unfair. So is the world kid." they snorted. "Now, because of your mouth, you kiddies get to wake up niiiice and early tomorrow and do this running thing again. This time its you who will sit out and watch while everyone else runs."

They sucked on the last of their cigarette, spraying ash to the wind as they threw the butt on the ground and stomped it with their foot. "You kiddies clearly aren't getting the lesson here, so I guess I have to spell it out for you word by word. In this place. I'm the law. Whatever I say goes. You will respect me, and you will not question anything I say. Because like it or not, kiddies. I'm your best shot at getting through this stuff alive. I've raised little snots like you into fine warriors, teams who actually can defeat Triggered. So, If I say jump, you say how high, if i say run, you say how far, if i say fling yourself off a building, you better goddamn do it." They stood tall and strong, looming over the kids. "And you can back talk me all you want behind my back, talk about how unfair I am and how cruel I am. I really don't care. But to my face, none of you are to question how I do things. You're to fall in line, shut up and listen."

Kit grinned, a crooked grin that spread across their face. "That's only if you want to live though. If you really want to die, its fine with me. Do what you want. See where that gets you." They gestured to the track. "Go on then kiddos. Its run or die."
It seemed like they arrived a bit late, as some were already running. Thankfully, it seemed something... well, decent, had happened, as everyone looked a little happier than before. Hearing only the last bit of the instructor's speech, "-run or die," however, was definitely ominous and nerve-wracking.

Following after the others, Brett was curious about what had happened, but really didn't want to ask. They didn't want to accidentally cause any trouble, like what had happened with Ozma. Thinking back on that moment, they found it a bit odd.

'I understand the instructor not wanting to be questioned,' They thought, brow furrowing as they ran, 'But they way they're basically pitting us against each other, and on the first day...'

It was suspicious, especially if they were supposed to be a team. Shaking their head, Brett resolved to think more on it later. Hopefully it wouldn't lead to trouble, any more than there already was.
It seemed like they arrived a bit late, as some were already running. Thankfully, it seemed something... well, decent, had happened, as everyone looked a little happier than before. Hearing only the last bit of the instructor's speech, "-run or die," however, was definitely ominous and nerve-wracking.

Following after the others, Brett was curious about what had happened, but really didn't want to ask. They didn't want to accidentally cause any trouble, like what had happened with Ozma. Thinking back on that moment, they found it a bit odd.

'I understand the instructor not wanting to be questioned,' They thought, brow furrowing as they ran, 'But they way they're basically pitting us against each other, and on the first day...'

It was suspicious, especially if they were supposed to be a team. Shaking their head, Brett resolved to think more on it later. Hopefully it wouldn't lead to trouble, any more than there already was.
+3 hours FR time
tumblr_ojha3sJ2Q91vgb4t3o1_500.jpg
[Y'all still here?]
[Y'all still here?]
+3 hours FR time
tumblr_ojha3sJ2Q91vgb4t3o1_500.jpg
(I think it died XD)
(I think it died XD)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7