Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sailors & Sirens {Open & Inviting}
1 2 ... 184 185 186 187 188 ... 191 192
Corvus-forest
Corvus shuddered involantarily as the sensation of a sound natural, yet not quite acceptable as nature fell upon his ears. It was a deep sound that demanded acknowledgement, forcefully snapping his mind to attention and leaving his previous task of gathering materials all but forgotten. The pirate quickly reviewed his currently available information and concluded that his new beneficiary must be calling. So with a light grunt he lifted the middling sized log he had managed to saw down over one shoulder and promptly doubled back to once more find sand under his shoes.
"You know, part of me wants to understand just how that works the way it does, and the other part says it's just not worth the risk trying."
Corvus-forest
Corvus shuddered involantarily as the sensation of a sound natural, yet not quite acceptable as nature fell upon his ears. It was a deep sound that demanded acknowledgement, forcefully snapping his mind to attention and leaving his previous task of gathering materials all but forgotten. The pirate quickly reviewed his currently available information and concluded that his new beneficiary must be calling. So with a light grunt he lifted the middling sized log he had managed to saw down over one shoulder and promptly doubled back to once more find sand under his shoes.
"You know, part of me wants to understand just how that works the way it does, and the other part says it's just not worth the risk trying."
Alianna || Small Beach
Alianna let out a low laugh.
“When I figure that out myself, I’ll let you know,” she said with a smile, lips closed so as not to show her teeth. “It’s just the way we’re made- I wasn’t even trying to compel you.”
She let out a slight sigh, feeling remorseful, and held the panther meat up above the water.
“I need a container for this, to keep it safe, because they wouldn’t let me keep the bone,” she said mournfully. “And I’ll share some, too.”
It had been a long time since Alianna had eaten with someone else, without that someone being her dinner. Had she even eaten with someone else before? She wasn’t sure. If she had, it had surely been long ago.
Alianna || Small Beach
Alianna let out a low laugh.
“When I figure that out myself, I’ll let you know,” she said with a smile, lips closed so as not to show her teeth. “It’s just the way we’re made- I wasn’t even trying to compel you.”
She let out a slight sigh, feeling remorseful, and held the panther meat up above the water.
“I need a container for this, to keep it safe, because they wouldn’t let me keep the bone,” she said mournfully. “And I’ll share some, too.”
It had been a long time since Alianna had eaten with someone else, without that someone being her dinner. Had she even eaten with someone else before? She wasn’t sure. If she had, it had surely been long ago.
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
Corvus-small beach/cave
"A container." Corvus found himself raising a brow at this request. Before giving a shrug of acceptance, "I can do that."
Corvus dropped the log he had been carrying, and after giving the meat inquestion a surveying glance, began sawing off a section that appeared reasonably large. Once the section had been seperated, he relieved the saw in favor of his one remaining leg bone. Using the sharpened point of it, Corvus carefully set about hollowing out the log.
Once that had finished he sawed off another section and once more retired his current tool in favor of a new one. This time he pulled out his knife and quickly witttled down both pieces, causing one to have just a slightly shorter diameter than the other.
"There you go, one container and one lid."
Corvus-small beach/cave
"A container." Corvus found himself raising a brow at this request. Before giving a shrug of acceptance, "I can do that."
Corvus dropped the log he had been carrying, and after giving the meat inquestion a surveying glance, began sawing off a section that appeared reasonably large. Once the section had been seperated, he relieved the saw in favor of his one remaining leg bone. Using the sharpened point of it, Corvus carefully set about hollowing out the log.
Once that had finished he sawed off another section and once more retired his current tool in favor of a new one. This time he pulled out his knife and quickly witttled down both pieces, causing one to have just a slightly shorter diameter than the other.
"There you go, one container and one lid."
(( Boop ))
(( Boop ))
QFXpYkj.png
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_250.png
((Sorry, I'll try to get a post up tomorrow! And I think Baelinn still has her sword?))
((Sorry, I'll try to get a post up tomorrow! And I think Baelinn still has her sword?))
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
Keto / Main Cove

Keto was quite thankful that Alianna had left once her task was done; none of them could afford a possible confrontation. Well, expect for Taixa, who was still perfectly able as far as she knew. She swam quickly over to grab the bone before it could touch the sand; it would be more sanitary if it had only been doused in salt water.

"It's done." She said gently, wondering if this was bothering Baelinn as well as Stella. She hadn't thought to make sure the sailor was ready for the death, thinking of Baelinn as a rather strong person emotionally.

She sorted the meat and bone apart, bones in a pile on the sand and meat carefully laid on some kelp that was floating after the recent storms. She took up the leg bone again and swam over to Stella. "Baelinn, Stella, do either of you have any clue how to set a tail?" She had no clue herself.
Keto / Main Cove

Keto was quite thankful that Alianna had left once her task was done; none of them could afford a possible confrontation. Well, expect for Taixa, who was still perfectly able as far as she knew. She swam quickly over to grab the bone before it could touch the sand; it would be more sanitary if it had only been doused in salt water.

"It's done." She said gently, wondering if this was bothering Baelinn as well as Stella. She hadn't thought to make sure the sailor was ready for the death, thinking of Baelinn as a rather strong person emotionally.

She sorted the meat and bone apart, bones in a pile on the sand and meat carefully laid on some kelp that was floating after the recent storms. She took up the leg bone again and swam over to Stella. "Baelinn, Stella, do either of you have any clue how to set a tail?" She had no clue herself.
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
Alianna || Small Beach

Alianna smiled down at the small object, pleased with craftsmanship. She looked up at Corvus.
“You do good work,” she said honestly. “I am... grateful.” She was a little surprised that he would just make her something, expecting nothing in return. It wasn’t the way of sirens. Was it the way of humans? It felt wrong to her to take it and give nothing in return, so she went closer to the beach and pulled herself up a bit onto the sand. Setting the panther meat within the container, she used her claw to cut off a large chunk.
“It seems wrong not to give you something in exchange for such good work.”
Alianna || Small Beach

Alianna smiled down at the small object, pleased with craftsmanship. She looked up at Corvus.
“You do good work,” she said honestly. “I am... grateful.” She was a little surprised that he would just make her something, expecting nothing in return. It wasn’t the way of sirens. Was it the way of humans? It felt wrong to her to take it and give nothing in return, so she went closer to the beach and pulled herself up a bit onto the sand. Setting the panther meat within the container, she used her claw to cut off a large chunk.
“It seems wrong not to give you something in exchange for such good work.”
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
Baelinn // Main Cove

Again the sound of flesh and ligament tearing. I'd heard it before, but that was when I could see. Being in darkness for the rest of my life was becoming more and more daunting.

"Not really. I know for humans you set the bone straight. I'm not so sure for tails, they're kinda wavy," I shrugged, "How would I know what straight is anyway? All I know is it's probably the best shot she has at healing."

I paused for a moment, "Stella, you're awful quiet. Any suggestions?"
Baelinn // Main Cove

Again the sound of flesh and ligament tearing. I'd heard it before, but that was when I could see. Being in darkness for the rest of my life was becoming more and more daunting.

"Not really. I know for humans you set the bone straight. I'm not so sure for tails, they're kinda wavy," I shrugged, "How would I know what straight is anyway? All I know is it's probably the best shot she has at healing."

I paused for a moment, "Stella, you're awful quiet. Any suggestions?"
QFXpYkj.png
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_250.png
Corvus- small beach/cave
The voices quickly flared to life. most demanding he refuse any sort of gift and leave, while a select few tried to voice their approval out of curiosity. a grimace broke out on his face for just a second as he tried to push them to the back of his mind.
"It's hardly necessary, but I won't say no to free food."
Corvus- small beach/cave
The voices quickly flared to life. most demanding he refuse any sort of gift and leave, while a select few tried to voice their approval out of curiosity. a grimace broke out on his face for just a second as he tried to push them to the back of his mind.
"It's hardly necessary, but I won't say no to free food."
Corvus- small beach/cave
As Corvus watched his latest benefactor, he couldn't help but wonder how she'd gotten the fortune of what appeared to be non-fish meat without help. Sure she could have killed some of the cannibals, but she wouldn't try to turn him into one now would she?
"Alianna, if you don't mind my asking, just how did you get this. It doesn't look like anything that came from the sea."
Corvus- small beach/cave
As Corvus watched his latest benefactor, he couldn't help but wonder how she'd gotten the fortune of what appeared to be non-fish meat without help. Sure she could have killed some of the cannibals, but she wouldn't try to turn him into one now would she?
"Alianna, if you don't mind my asking, just how did you get this. It doesn't look like anything that came from the sea."
1 2 ... 184 185 186 187 188 ... 191 192