Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [1x1] In The Time of The Boy Who Lived
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
((It's fine. I like figuring it out as we go!))

Nick walked out towards where the class should be and leaned against a tree crossing his arms as he watched the Hufflepuff preen the Hypogryph, "so the hypogrph is your lord now? Who knew." He smirked as he got off of the tree. He took a few steps forward before bowing to the creature respectfully, waiting for it to bow back before straightening back up and walking carefully over and stroked it. "You're hungry huh?" He asked the hypogryph before pulling some red meat he stole from the dinning hall out of his bag and holding it out to the pale creature to eat. "There ya go." He stroked its feathers as it ate. Nick noticed it sniffing at his back, "alright here," he pulled the rest of the handful of meat out and fed it to the creature. "You better now?" He chuckled as he ran his hand over the hypogryphs feathers. He then turned to Mara, "so we got class together. I apologize to the both of you for my housemates behavior before hand."
((It's fine. I like figuring it out as we go!))

Nick walked out towards where the class should be and leaned against a tree crossing his arms as he watched the Hufflepuff preen the Hypogryph, "so the hypogrph is your lord now? Who knew." He smirked as he got off of the tree. He took a few steps forward before bowing to the creature respectfully, waiting for it to bow back before straightening back up and walking carefully over and stroked it. "You're hungry huh?" He asked the hypogryph before pulling some red meat he stole from the dinning hall out of his bag and holding it out to the pale creature to eat. "There ya go." He stroked its feathers as it ate. Nick noticed it sniffing at his back, "alright here," he pulled the rest of the handful of meat out and fed it to the creature. "You better now?" He chuckled as he ran his hand over the hypogryphs feathers. He then turned to Mara, "so we got class together. I apologize to the both of you for my housemates behavior before hand."
"All hippogryphs are lord's and lady's of the sky and should be respected as such should you receive their malice it'll surely be your last." She said with a smile, "I was gonna do that later but thank you his coat isn't as vibrant as it should be. My mother taught me that when we adopted Freska." She said and then paused, "Freska's my hippogryph my family keeps a trio." She explained with an awkward cough. "Though this is a third years lesson, I do believe we're going into a different creature for our class." She noted, and smiled, "Shall we, adorable one?" Though mara posed it as a question, her words were slightly more commanding than that, her tone was still as up beat and pleasant as always."
"All hippogryphs are lord's and lady's of the sky and should be respected as such should you receive their malice it'll surely be your last." She said with a smile, "I was gonna do that later but thank you his coat isn't as vibrant as it should be. My mother taught me that when we adopted Freska." She said and then paused, "Freska's my hippogryph my family keeps a trio." She explained with an awkward cough. "Though this is a third years lesson, I do believe we're going into a different creature for our class." She noted, and smiled, "Shall we, adorable one?" Though mara posed it as a question, her words were slightly more commanding than that, her tone was still as up beat and pleasant as always."
"I know it was a joke," he laughed nudging her shoulder, "don't take everything so seriously, gosh." His gaze was drawn back to the hypogryph as he spoke, "I love this class. Magical creatures are just amazing. They aren't cruel without a good reason like people. They are good, for lack of a better word. They are how people should be." He stroked the creatures head before turning to look at the area around them. "You're lucky you get the chance to be around them so much. I wish I could. The only chance I get to be around them is this class. It's my favorite." He looked back to the hypogryph as he scratched under its chin lightly, "not many respect them as you and I do. It's a shame really, they're wonderful."
"I know it was a joke," he laughed nudging her shoulder, "don't take everything so seriously, gosh." His gaze was drawn back to the hypogryph as he spoke, "I love this class. Magical creatures are just amazing. They aren't cruel without a good reason like people. They are good, for lack of a better word. They are how people should be." He stroked the creatures head before turning to look at the area around them. "You're lucky you get the chance to be around them so much. I wish I could. The only chance I get to be around them is this class. It's my favorite." He looked back to the hypogryph as he scratched under its chin lightly, "not many respect them as you and I do. It's a shame really, they're wonderful."
Mara thought for a moment, "Well maybe on a vacation you might visit. If you earn the right." She smirked with a wink as she bowed to the hippogryph and walked away, "Maybe I'll allow you to meet while you come, Mr.Jokster." She teased as she noticed Hagrid coming up. "Class is about to start, wonder what'll be taught today." She said, truth be told this was her easy A class. She knew magical creatures very well and she always kept her ears open just in case she learnt something new. She stood in the way back hoping no one would notice,"Class is going to be interesting." She said excitedly.
Mara thought for a moment, "Well maybe on a vacation you might visit. If you earn the right." She smirked with a wink as she bowed to the hippogryph and walked away, "Maybe I'll allow you to meet while you come, Mr.Jokster." She teased as she noticed Hagrid coming up. "Class is about to start, wonder what'll be taught today." She said, truth be told this was her easy A class. She knew magical creatures very well and she always kept her ears open just in case she learnt something new. She stood in the way back hoping no one would notice,"Class is going to be interesting." She said excitedly.
Nick laughed, "that would be fun." When Mara mentioned class starting he looked over to see Hagrid! He loved Hagrid, he'd visit him very now and then to talk and see what creatures he'd have layin around. He did meet a little dragon once, Hagrid was devistated when it had to be sent away. The time he spent wit His hagrid gave him much knowledge on magical creatures so this class was pretty easy for him. He just enjoys interacting with the creatures. He is very much an animal person that's why him and Gizmo have such a strong bond. He knows how to handle animals, magical or not. Nick sent Mara a smile, "well, let's not be late. Hagrid is an easy going guy but I do not want to miss interacting with which ever creature he's bringing!" With that he gave the hypogryph one last scratch, bowed, and headed of to go see Hagrid for class.
Nick laughed, "that would be fun." When Mara mentioned class starting he looked over to see Hagrid! He loved Hagrid, he'd visit him very now and then to talk and see what creatures he'd have layin around. He did meet a little dragon once, Hagrid was devistated when it had to be sent away. The time he spent wit His hagrid gave him much knowledge on magical creatures so this class was pretty easy for him. He just enjoys interacting with the creatures. He is very much an animal person that's why him and Gizmo have such a strong bond. He knows how to handle animals, magical or not. Nick sent Mara a smile, "well, let's not be late. Hagrid is an easy going guy but I do not want to miss interacting with which ever creature he's bringing!" With that he gave the hypogryph one last scratch, bowed, and headed of to go see Hagrid for class.
(I'm working off of what harry learned 5th year which opened with thestrals)

Hagrid lead the class into the forest and once in there Mara could hear several creatures and paid close attention to signs around them as she grabbed onto Nick eagerly. "C'mon I wanna know what this is!" She looked into the area ahead, nearly walking beside hagrid with excitement. Until he urged the class to halt, he began by telling them there was a creature before them. Mara saw them and knew this lesson. Her mother had hand reared several orphaned thestrals and Mara aided by mixing a faux "milk". Hagrid paused and asked those who saw what lay before them to raise their hands and Mara did raise her own.
(I'm working off of what harry learned 5th year which opened with thestrals)

Hagrid lead the class into the forest and once in there Mara could hear several creatures and paid close attention to signs around them as she grabbed onto Nick eagerly. "C'mon I wanna know what this is!" She looked into the area ahead, nearly walking beside hagrid with excitement. Until he urged the class to halt, he began by telling them there was a creature before them. Mara saw them and knew this lesson. Her mother had hand reared several orphaned thestrals and Mara aided by mixing a faux "milk". Hagrid paused and asked those who saw what lay before them to raise their hands and Mara did raise her own.
((Therstrals are the horses you can only see if you've witnessed death correct?))
((Therstrals are the horses you can only see if you've witnessed death correct?))
(Exactly)
(Exactly)
Nick gets a far off look in his eyes before snapping back to reality and solemnly raising his hand. He looks to his side and sees Mara's hand in the air as well. "I'm not alone." he thought. He sent her a soft smile. The steaks were always interesting creatures to him. Only those who have experienced death can see them. They have a strange beauty to him. He wanted to go over and stroke one of them but restrained himself. He looked forward to this class all summer. Nick loved Thestrals. They may be only seen from witnessing death, but he didn't mind. Not at all. As long as he wasn't alone in witnessing such a terrible thing and surviving it.
Nick gets a far off look in his eyes before snapping back to reality and solemnly raising his hand. He looks to his side and sees Mara's hand in the air as well. "I'm not alone." he thought. He sent her a soft smile. The steaks were always interesting creatures to him. Only those who have experienced death can see them. They have a strange beauty to him. He wanted to go over and stroke one of them but restrained himself. He looked forward to this class all summer. Nick loved Thestrals. They may be only seen from witnessing death, but he didn't mind. Not at all. As long as he wasn't alone in witnessing such a terrible thing and surviving it.
Mara noticed Nick's hand up, "sorry to hear." She mumbled softly, knowing that death wasn't an easy thing to handle. She happened to notice a few colts, and she bent down instinctually and did a mock bray. A surprised Hagrid went to encourage her not to only to pause when the colt ran right up to her. "Sorry professor, my mom was hand rearing colts all last summer, so I learned quite a bit... Didn't mean to interrupt class. My apologizes." She backed up and the colt tilted its head curiously, causing a small laugh from the girl.
Mara noticed Nick's hand up, "sorry to hear." She mumbled softly, knowing that death wasn't an easy thing to handle. She happened to notice a few colts, and she bent down instinctually and did a mock bray. A surprised Hagrid went to encourage her not to only to pause when the colt ran right up to her. "Sorry professor, my mom was hand rearing colts all last summer, so I learned quite a bit... Didn't mean to interrupt class. My apologizes." She backed up and the colt tilted its head curiously, causing a small laugh from the girl.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15