Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Peace Riders: Resurgence (Open!)
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
((Oh. My. God.
Okay, apparently my notification thingy for this RP was turned off and lately my schedule IRL works on the "If there's no notifications, don't check" principle so I don't have to worry about diverting my attention from preparing for a bunch of SOL's
I was starting to wonder why nobody was posting--
Anyways, I'm sorry for worrying everybody! I'm going to try and make up for this in the one way I know how-
A fairly long-as-humanly-possible post.
Though, quick question before I do so;
Would you all prefer to wait until I get home from school(around 5:00 PM Eastern Time) and story-dump later(Who knows how long that'll take), or would you like a two-part post (AKA one before I go to lunch at 1:40-ish Eastern Time, and one after I get home)?
If I don't get an answer, I'll just do the story-dump later today.))
((Oh. My. God.
Okay, apparently my notification thingy for this RP was turned off and lately my schedule IRL works on the "If there's no notifications, don't check" principle so I don't have to worry about diverting my attention from preparing for a bunch of SOL's
Anyways, I'm sorry for worrying everybody! I'm going to try and make up for this in the one way I know how-
Would you all prefer to wait until I get home from school(around 5:00 PM Eastern Time) and story-dump later(Who knows how long that'll take), or would you like a two-part post (AKA one before I go to lunch at 1:40-ish Eastern Time, and one after I get home)?
Look at this RP I'm hosting!: Peace Riders: Resurgence
DyYwZkw.png
((Do what works best for you!))
((Do what works best for you!))
untitled_drawing_by_xxjcartspacexx-db93njk.png untitled_drawing_by_xxjcartspacexx-db94a0v.png
[quote name="FantasyWalker" date=2017-05-02 10:00:21] ((Oh. My. God. Okay, apparently my notification thingy for this RP was turned off and lately my schedule IRL works on the "If there's no notifications, don't check" principle so I don't have to worry about diverting my attention from preparing for a bunch of SOL's I was starting to wonder why nobody was posting-- Anyways, I'm sorry for worrying everybody! I'm going to try and make up for this in the one way I know how- A fairly long-as-humanly-possible post. Though, quick question before I do so; Would you all prefer to wait until I get home from school(around 5:00 PM Eastern Time) and story-dump later(Who knows how long that'll take), or would you like a two-part post (AKA one before I go to lunch at 1:40-ish Eastern Time, and one after I get home)? If I don't get an answer, I'll just do the story-dump later today.)) [/quote] Do what you want because a pirate is free! You are a dragon-))
FantasyWalker wrote on 2017-05-02:
((Oh. My. God.

Do what you want because a pirate is free! You are a dragon-))
Current Sweetpuff hoard: 47
SWEETPUFF SYNONYMS
he/him
usually found eliminating sweetpuffs in the coli to acquire them
((Okay, gonna be trying to do a new format that a friend of mine recommended. It should make writing/figuring out whose POV it is a tad bit easier.
Here we go--))
Nova and Sierra

Nova grinned over at Eurgain and Victoria as Sierra carefully maneuvered around the Mirror, attempting to find a weakness to exploit.

"Hey, don't worry about it! We all start somewhere! Just remember, when you have a dagger, you gotta-- WHOA!"
Here, the teen ducked down, narrowily dodging a slim shape that had been flying directly towards her head. Sierra jolted in response, which was enough for the crystalline dragon to almost get a nice rake of claws in her face from the assassin, who had attempted to take advantage of the lapse in attention. Before Sierra could regain enough of her bearings to strike back, one of the guards suddenly flew into Mirror, allowing both Skydancer and rider a moment of respite - which Sierra used to thouroughly look over her rider for injuries.

"Are you okay, Nova? Why did you shout just now?"

Before Nova could respond, another blur of motion hurtling towards the two caught the teen's eye.

"Si, watch--"

The Skydancer's wing shot up almost automatically, resulting in a loud CRACK noise as the shape snugly buried itself into the purple crystal, causing Nova to inspect it with a curious expression.

"Uh... is that an arrow?"

"Yes... How odd. Most dragons don't use these--"

As Sierra uttered these words, the blonde teen suddenly caught sight of a bow, clutched carefully in the hand of an oddly humanoid shape.

"What in the-- Is that person?!"

Hearing this, Sierra narrowed her soft pink eyes, attempting to concentrate on their surroundings. Everyone on their side appeared to be fine - save a few guards (how unfortunate...), a few of the assassins were still up and fighting, and...
...Why was she picking up on multiple hostile human energy signatures?

"Dear Arcanist... just who are we dealing with here..?"

Surestrike
((Looks like I forgot about a certain head guard last post. Welp~))

Throughout this great conflict, Surestrike was living up to her name, dealing harsh and near-crippling blows in her determination to clear enough of the assassins in order to allow Storm's group to make a break for the Zephyr Steppes. After all, who knew just how many assassins were on their way? With that in mind, Surestrike redoubled her efforts to bring the fight to a quick resolution.
It was in the middle of this effort that the head guard noticed that somebody wasn't pulling their weight. Their heavily armored, boastful, and mildly racist weight. With a highly disapproving glare in her eyes, the Spiral swiftly flew towards Yuki, anger sharpening her words like knives.

"You! War Dragon! I thought you said you were a capable fighter! Why aren't you---"

The Spiral's rant was cut off by the Wildclaw's rather questionable strategy of charging into the ground. Dumfounded, Surestrike hovered where she was for a moment before diving down to where Yuki had landed, prepared to take on any of the assassins that decided to attack a rather apparant easy target. It was at this moment that a thought suddenly occured to the Spiral, and before she could stop herself, the question came out.

"..... Do you not, by any chance, actually possess any battlefield experience...?"

((Okay, this is getting pretty long by itself, so I'm just gonna put the other parts in a second post.
Stay tuned~))
((Okay, gonna be trying to do a new format that a friend of mine recommended. It should make writing/figuring out whose POV it is a tad bit easier.
Here we go--))
Nova and Sierra

Nova grinned over at Eurgain and Victoria as Sierra carefully maneuvered around the Mirror, attempting to find a weakness to exploit.

"Hey, don't worry about it! We all start somewhere! Just remember, when you have a dagger, you gotta-- WHOA!"
Here, the teen ducked down, narrowily dodging a slim shape that had been flying directly towards her head. Sierra jolted in response, which was enough for the crystalline dragon to almost get a nice rake of claws in her face from the assassin, who had attempted to take advantage of the lapse in attention. Before Sierra could regain enough of her bearings to strike back, one of the guards suddenly flew into Mirror, allowing both Skydancer and rider a moment of respite - which Sierra used to thouroughly look over her rider for injuries.

"Are you okay, Nova? Why did you shout just now?"

Before Nova could respond, another blur of motion hurtling towards the two caught the teen's eye.

"Si, watch--"

The Skydancer's wing shot up almost automatically, resulting in a loud CRACK noise as the shape snugly buried itself into the purple crystal, causing Nova to inspect it with a curious expression.

"Uh... is that an arrow?"

"Yes... How odd. Most dragons don't use these--"

As Sierra uttered these words, the blonde teen suddenly caught sight of a bow, clutched carefully in the hand of an oddly humanoid shape.

"What in the-- Is that person?!"

Hearing this, Sierra narrowed her soft pink eyes, attempting to concentrate on their surroundings. Everyone on their side appeared to be fine - save a few guards (how unfortunate...), a few of the assassins were still up and fighting, and...
...Why was she picking up on multiple hostile human energy signatures?

"Dear Arcanist... just who are we dealing with here..?"

Surestrike
((Looks like I forgot about a certain head guard last post. Welp~))

Throughout this great conflict, Surestrike was living up to her name, dealing harsh and near-crippling blows in her determination to clear enough of the assassins in order to allow Storm's group to make a break for the Zephyr Steppes. After all, who knew just how many assassins were on their way? With that in mind, Surestrike redoubled her efforts to bring the fight to a quick resolution.
It was in the middle of this effort that the head guard noticed that somebody wasn't pulling their weight. Their heavily armored, boastful, and mildly racist weight. With a highly disapproving glare in her eyes, the Spiral swiftly flew towards Yuki, anger sharpening her words like knives.

"You! War Dragon! I thought you said you were a capable fighter! Why aren't you---"

The Spiral's rant was cut off by the Wildclaw's rather questionable strategy of charging into the ground. Dumfounded, Surestrike hovered where she was for a moment before diving down to where Yuki had landed, prepared to take on any of the assassins that decided to attack a rather apparant easy target. It was at this moment that a thought suddenly occured to the Spiral, and before she could stop herself, the question came out.

"..... Do you not, by any chance, actually possess any battlefield experience...?"

((Okay, this is getting pretty long by itself, so I'm just gonna put the other parts in a second post.
Stay tuned~))
DyYwZkw.png
((Part 2 is here! I repeat, Part 2 is here~!
Oh oh, and quick question. What should a dragon + rider pair be officially called?
'Cuz Dragon-Rider pair/duo/whatever doesn't sound very official.))
Storm

To anybody who saw their new leader right at this moment, they would be forgiven for thinking that she does not need any sort of guard or protection. The Wind Imperial fought with the ferocity of a thousand gales, cutting down the opponents closest to her and pushing away those who were a bit further.
However, like all things in life, the assault soon came to an end, exhaustion forcing Storm's hand (er, paw). Taking this moment to collect herself, Storm took a quick look over the forest-turned-battlefield.
Everything appeared to be on the side of the Peace Riders: Surestrike appeared to be looking out for Yuki, the two (official) new Dragon-Rider pairs were fighting off a Mirror (with some mild assistance from one of her remaining guards), Drake and Leon had taken down a couple of dragons on their own (though not without some repurcussions), Helios and Luna were doing well, and Akhala's family was doing... something involving illusions, questionable liquids, and an unfortunate small group of assassins.
All in all, if one could ignore that 4 of her original 6 guards wer killed in the fight, it looked like an easy victory for everyone.

'So... why do I feel as if something is amiss...?"

As if this thought was a signal, a volley of arrows came hurtling out from multiple parts of the forest, flying high into the sky. Startled by this, Storm swiftly prepared a barrier of wind, believing that the arrows were intended for her.
To her confusion, the arrows didn't come anywhere close to the Imperial. Further more, if one were to look closely at the arrows, they weren't even a threat to the Imperial - or any of the dragons, really, with their small shafts and rather dull ends. Perplexed by this, the Peace Rider leader watched as gravity soon began to take ahold of the volley, trying to puzzle out their strategy.

'What could those arrows possibly accomplish..? Even with gravity assisting them, with those kinds of arrowheads, the best those arrows could do is pierce anything not covered in dragon scales--'

It finally clicked.

"Oh, my Windsinger- Everyone! Above you! Protect your riders!"

((Soon, the moment we've all been waiting for--- ENTER THE FIRST MAJOR ANTAGONIST(S)~
Villainous Monolouge(TM) may or may not be included.
Anyways, oofta. That took some typing and thinking!
Thanks for being so patient, everyone~!
OOH, by the way.
Who do you think the bad guy(s) are gonna be~?))
((Part 2 is here! I repeat, Part 2 is here~!
Oh oh, and quick question. What should a dragon + rider pair be officially called?
'Cuz Dragon-Rider pair/duo/whatever doesn't sound very official.))
Storm

To anybody who saw their new leader right at this moment, they would be forgiven for thinking that she does not need any sort of guard or protection. The Wind Imperial fought with the ferocity of a thousand gales, cutting down the opponents closest to her and pushing away those who were a bit further.
However, like all things in life, the assault soon came to an end, exhaustion forcing Storm's hand (er, paw). Taking this moment to collect herself, Storm took a quick look over the forest-turned-battlefield.
Everything appeared to be on the side of the Peace Riders: Surestrike appeared to be looking out for Yuki, the two (official) new Dragon-Rider pairs were fighting off a Mirror (with some mild assistance from one of her remaining guards), Drake and Leon had taken down a couple of dragons on their own (though not without some repurcussions), Helios and Luna were doing well, and Akhala's family was doing... something involving illusions, questionable liquids, and an unfortunate small group of assassins.
All in all, if one could ignore that 4 of her original 6 guards wer killed in the fight, it looked like an easy victory for everyone.

'So... why do I feel as if something is amiss...?"

As if this thought was a signal, a volley of arrows came hurtling out from multiple parts of the forest, flying high into the sky. Startled by this, Storm swiftly prepared a barrier of wind, believing that the arrows were intended for her.
To her confusion, the arrows didn't come anywhere close to the Imperial. Further more, if one were to look closely at the arrows, they weren't even a threat to the Imperial - or any of the dragons, really, with their small shafts and rather dull ends. Perplexed by this, the Peace Rider leader watched as gravity soon began to take ahold of the volley, trying to puzzle out their strategy.

'What could those arrows possibly accomplish..? Even with gravity assisting them, with those kinds of arrowheads, the best those arrows could do is pierce anything not covered in dragon scales--'

It finally clicked.

"Oh, my Windsinger- Everyone! Above you! Protect your riders!"

((Soon, the moment we've all been waiting for--- ENTER THE FIRST MAJOR ANTAGONIST(S)~
Villainous Monolouge(TM) may or may not be included.
Anyways, oofta. That took some typing and thinking!
Thanks for being so patient, everyone~!
OOH, by the way.
Who do you think the bad guy(s) are gonna be~?))
DyYwZkw.png
Eurgain growled, jolting back as he heard the arrow whistle by, the action forcing Victoria to cling even tighter to his back.

"Jeez! Carefu- oh my Lightweaver! Are you okay Sierra? I mean, scales are thick but still." She looked at the stuck arrow while Eurgain continued to look around them. The imperial swore loudly, snapping his wings up just as he heard Storm.

"Don't worry about that arrow! They will kill you or Nova! Try and stay behind my wings and watch for shots." He shouted, glaring up at the few humans he could spot. He no longer had any doubts about joining the peace riders. It was 100 percent a bad idea and now they were firmly trapped in this mess. He'd be lucky if Victoria remained unhurt, the thought pushing him to swerve and dip in the air to avoid predictable shots. "What do we do about this?!"
Eurgain growled, jolting back as he heard the arrow whistle by, the action forcing Victoria to cling even tighter to his back.

"Jeez! Carefu- oh my Lightweaver! Are you okay Sierra? I mean, scales are thick but still." She looked at the stuck arrow while Eurgain continued to look around them. The imperial swore loudly, snapping his wings up just as he heard Storm.

"Don't worry about that arrow! They will kill you or Nova! Try and stay behind my wings and watch for shots." He shouted, glaring up at the few humans he could spot. He no longer had any doubts about joining the peace riders. It was 100 percent a bad idea and now they were firmly trapped in this mess. He'd be lucky if Victoria remained unhurt, the thought pushing him to swerve and dip in the air to avoid predictable shots. "What do we do about this?!"
~Happy Light Flight Nerd Here~
More Active on Weekends
((...Um.
Hello, hello?
Are you guys still here...?))
((...Um.
Hello, hello?
Are you guys still here...?))
DyYwZkw.png
(I am!)
(I am!)
~Happy Light Flight Nerd Here~
More Active on Weekends
(I'm here! Just been waiting to see some other posts)
(I'm here! Just been waiting to see some other posts)
untitled_drawing_by_xxjcartspacexx-db93njk.png untitled_drawing_by_xxjcartspacexx-db94a0v.png
(hhh sorry if this is too cheesy
but she needs to be angry to fight
and I was listening to Hamilton
so
hhh
@FantasyWalker did you see my discord btw? #9130)
Yuki

Yuki whipped her tail in the air, taking her head out of the dirt and shaking it off, the dust scattering in the wind. She heard the Spiral's little rant, deciding it was enough, she flapped up, zipping up into the air, the air around her turning slightly warmer from the sudden boost of speed. She roared, the dust around her mouth coating her teeth with come uncomfortable little atoms.. Like pieces of food. ''Shut it Speedy, I'll murder you and the assassins. What makes you think you're better?'' The Wildclaw roared, swooping down to it's height and snorting at it, going past Storm like a thunderbolt in a rainstorm, quickly, leaving hot air around it. The War Dragon was suddenly attacked by the mirror that the guards fought and claimed that it was dead, biting at it's muzzle and clawing at it's chest, a small spark of hate resonating within her very soul. She snapped at it, kicking it's wing, making it spiral down, reverting her attention to Surestrike, smiling smugly. She was like a human, but carnivorous. Her expression formed a steel glare shortly after, she had the feeling for spilling blood.
Yuki lowered her ears to her head, looking over at Storm and making a fae-like, monotone purr which sounded like a guardian's mumbling.

(hhh sorry if this is too cheesy
but she needs to be angry to fight
and I was listening to Hamilton
so
hhh
@FantasyWalker did you see my discord btw? #9130)
Yuki

Yuki whipped her tail in the air, taking her head out of the dirt and shaking it off, the dust scattering in the wind. She heard the Spiral's little rant, deciding it was enough, she flapped up, zipping up into the air, the air around her turning slightly warmer from the sudden boost of speed. She roared, the dust around her mouth coating her teeth with come uncomfortable little atoms.. Like pieces of food. ''Shut it Speedy, I'll murder you and the assassins. What makes you think you're better?'' The Wildclaw roared, swooping down to it's height and snorting at it, going past Storm like a thunderbolt in a rainstorm, quickly, leaving hot air around it. The War Dragon was suddenly attacked by the mirror that the guards fought and claimed that it was dead, biting at it's muzzle and clawing at it's chest, a small spark of hate resonating within her very soul. She snapped at it, kicking it's wing, making it spiral down, reverting her attention to Surestrike, smiling smugly. She was like a human, but carnivorous. Her expression formed a steel glare shortly after, she had the feeling for spilling blood.
Yuki lowered her ears to her head, looking over at Storm and making a fae-like, monotone purr which sounded like a guardian's mumbling.

Current Sweetpuff hoard: 47
SWEETPUFF SYNONYMS
he/him
usually found eliminating sweetpuffs in the coli to acquire them
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28