Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [1x1 w/Comic1sans]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16
“Honestly? I do not think that the world is becoming darker. Its just our way of realizing the world around us that's changing.”, Aiea grinned at her uncle, blissfully unknowing of the things that were going on so close and yet so far away. “It's always been a rather dark place, but not terribly unfair.”

“Of course its easy for me to say this.”, she added after a few breaths of nothing but silence and the low sizzling sound of meat slowly burning to a crisp. Again. Something has changed, hung now heavy in the air, like a scent, familiar and feared. “I'm strong and healthy. I can't imagine what's the world for someone like Donohtha.”

-

Suddenly, the banshee like wailing stopped, Donohtha sucking his breath sharply, felt it burning in his throat, his voice was a hoarse, low sound, soft almost.

“It was you.”, the voice was silent, but if he listened closely, the child swore he could hear a low, rich chuckle of dark approval, the encouraging sound of someone proud of what Donohtha did. His tongue acted on its own, continued to form new words, each one sharp and with the intent to hurt. “You killed them. You just threw me away, maybe even left me for dead!”
“Honestly? I do not think that the world is becoming darker. Its just our way of realizing the world around us that's changing.”, Aiea grinned at her uncle, blissfully unknowing of the things that were going on so close and yet so far away. “It's always been a rather dark place, but not terribly unfair.”

“Of course its easy for me to say this.”, she added after a few breaths of nothing but silence and the low sizzling sound of meat slowly burning to a crisp. Again. Something has changed, hung now heavy in the air, like a scent, familiar and feared. “I'm strong and healthy. I can't imagine what's the world for someone like Donohtha.”

-

Suddenly, the banshee like wailing stopped, Donohtha sucking his breath sharply, felt it burning in his throat, his voice was a hoarse, low sound, soft almost.

“It was you.”, the voice was silent, but if he listened closely, the child swore he could hear a low, rich chuckle of dark approval, the encouraging sound of someone proud of what Donohtha did. His tongue acted on its own, continued to form new words, each one sharp and with the intent to hurt. “You killed them. You just threw me away, maybe even left me for dead!”
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
"Indeed." papyrus said, quickly removing the well done steak from the fire with a frown. It wasn't perfect, but at least this one was edible and not charred to a crisp. He carefully placed the slab of meat on a platter, then turned his full attention to aiea. "I do not know why the world is balanced the way it is, but it is not my place to question it. It is my place to help others who are less fortunate in the lot they received.

~~~

Lightning arced between Sam's horns as his magic responded to the jumble of emotions that he felt. Fear. Grief. Anger. Guilt. He swallowed, steadying his shaky breathing. "Donoahtha," he said, his voice shaky. "Please. Listen to me. I couldn't trust myself to raise you. Not when I...When i lost control so easily." Tears silently rolled down his cheeks as he pleaded, tried to help his son understand why he did what he did, though he knew no amount of love could heal the wounds he, himself, had inflicted upon them.

"I'm sorry." he muttered through the tears, his voice breaking, cracking under the guilt. "I'm so sorry, and I want nothing more then to fix it."
"Indeed." papyrus said, quickly removing the well done steak from the fire with a frown. It wasn't perfect, but at least this one was edible and not charred to a crisp. He carefully placed the slab of meat on a platter, then turned his full attention to aiea. "I do not know why the world is balanced the way it is, but it is not my place to question it. It is my place to help others who are less fortunate in the lot they received.

~~~

Lightning arced between Sam's horns as his magic responded to the jumble of emotions that he felt. Fear. Grief. Anger. Guilt. He swallowed, steadying his shaky breathing. "Donoahtha," he said, his voice shaky. "Please. Listen to me. I couldn't trust myself to raise you. Not when I...When i lost control so easily." Tears silently rolled down his cheeks as he pleaded, tried to help his son understand why he did what he did, though he knew no amount of love could heal the wounds he, himself, had inflicted upon them.

"I'm sorry." he muttered through the tears, his voice breaking, cracking under the guilt. "I'm so sorry, and I want nothing more then to fix it."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
“I understand you, more than you maybe know.”, Aiea murmured, suddenly she felt nervous, the feeling of something happening, something bad, was stronger than ever. She turned her head towards the door and...did she really heard Donohthas faint cry? Forgotten was the playful chatter, the light words, Aiea was on her claws and out the door before her uncle could turn fully towards it.

The fading echo of a wail was still bouncing off the very walls she knew since her childhood. Aiea knew something was wrong, knew it the very moment she felt the tension raise, heard a light crackle of lightning.

“Donohtha? Sam?”, dread had a cold grip around her guts, she choked on her own breath, while worry clouded her mind. Something that had never happened before, not to her, the untouchable Aiea. But now, now she was fast to run towards the source of the sounds and feeling, now she was scared.

“No. But you will be sorry.”, Donohtha rasped under his breath, tiny wings spread wide in a comical attempt to look larger, to look like he wanted to, larger than life and imposing, fearsome and invincible instead of too small, too thin, too dull for his age and breed. “You will be very sorry, you will pay.”

He cackled, a sound too shrill and unpleasant even for the voice in the back of his mind, but never the less, the approving hum never stopped, it felt like someone stroke over his head, rewarding him for every hateful, spiteful word he spat out.
“I understand you, more than you maybe know.”, Aiea murmured, suddenly she felt nervous, the feeling of something happening, something bad, was stronger than ever. She turned her head towards the door and...did she really heard Donohthas faint cry? Forgotten was the playful chatter, the light words, Aiea was on her claws and out the door before her uncle could turn fully towards it.

The fading echo of a wail was still bouncing off the very walls she knew since her childhood. Aiea knew something was wrong, knew it the very moment she felt the tension raise, heard a light crackle of lightning.

“Donohtha? Sam?”, dread had a cold grip around her guts, she choked on her own breath, while worry clouded her mind. Something that had never happened before, not to her, the untouchable Aiea. But now, now she was fast to run towards the source of the sounds and feeling, now she was scared.

“No. But you will be sorry.”, Donohtha rasped under his breath, tiny wings spread wide in a comical attempt to look larger, to look like he wanted to, larger than life and imposing, fearsome and invincible instead of too small, too thin, too dull for his age and breed. “You will be very sorry, you will pay.”

He cackled, a sound too shrill and unpleasant even for the voice in the back of his mind, but never the less, the approving hum never stopped, it felt like someone stroke over his head, rewarding him for every hateful, spiteful word he spat out.
Welun laughed. He know had broken one of the most powerful members of his family, one of the only ones who could stand in the way of his revenge. Suddenly, he shivered. There was another pressacne, one far more powerful then his own. He severed the link, slingshoting his councouis away from the aftermath of his influenace.

~~~

Sam was shaken. He barely registered the powerful footsteps of his sister as she swiftly made her way towards them. His vision shifted, and, instead of his son, he saw her. The one who had bewitched him and caused the darkness to surge forth, stood before him, laughing. Then, as suddenly as the emotions came, the vision shattered and strange a calm washed over him.

((This is a headcannon i have yet to reveal. Meet W.D. Gaster, the unseen watcher and protector of the rune.))

A voice whispered something in his ear in a foreign tongue, and yet, he could understand it perfectly. "Be calm, Samuel. Everything will be made right." the voice whispered. It was strangely, familiar, and yet completely unknown to him. He felt he should be worried that a phantom was whispering to him, but he only felt a calm assurance.
Welun laughed. He know had broken one of the most powerful members of his family, one of the only ones who could stand in the way of his revenge. Suddenly, he shivered. There was another pressacne, one far more powerful then his own. He severed the link, slingshoting his councouis away from the aftermath of his influenace.

~~~

Sam was shaken. He barely registered the powerful footsteps of his sister as she swiftly made her way towards them. His vision shifted, and, instead of his son, he saw her. The one who had bewitched him and caused the darkness to surge forth, stood before him, laughing. Then, as suddenly as the emotions came, the vision shattered and strange a calm washed over him.

((This is a headcannon i have yet to reveal. Meet W.D. Gaster, the unseen watcher and protector of the rune.))

A voice whispered something in his ear in a foreign tongue, and yet, he could understand it perfectly. "Be calm, Samuel. Everything will be made right." the voice whispered. It was strangely, familiar, and yet completely unknown to him. He felt he should be worried that a phantom was whispering to him, but he only felt a calm assurance.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
“Sam...”, Aiea had expected some troubles when she took Donohtha to meet his real father. But never did she imagined that it would break down like this, turn into one confusing, painful mess to watch. She stared, saw the change in Samuel happening. The darkness was back, even if it was only for a moment, it was enough. Aiea was over Donohtha within a blink, towering protectively over her foster child, even tho it was him that had caused the darkness in Sam to reappear. “Sam?”

Her voice was weak, shaky. If the sudden change, from boiling hate to strange calmness was a sign, Aiea hoped with all her heart that it was a good one. Gently she reached out, as if she expected a hit, an outlash from her brother once she touched his shoulder, felt his muscles shiver under his metallic gleaming skin and her heavy claw.

“Talk to me.”, she whispered, the silence almost drove her mad, up the walls. Made her imagine things, like a voice whispering nonsensical words where clearly no one was. Except Donohtha, which looked strangely numb, had a blank face as if he was only a witness, not tangled up in this confusing situation.
“Sam...”, Aiea had expected some troubles when she took Donohtha to meet his real father. But never did she imagined that it would break down like this, turn into one confusing, painful mess to watch. She stared, saw the change in Samuel happening. The darkness was back, even if it was only for a moment, it was enough. Aiea was over Donohtha within a blink, towering protectively over her foster child, even tho it was him that had caused the darkness in Sam to reappear. “Sam?”

Her voice was weak, shaky. If the sudden change, from boiling hate to strange calmness was a sign, Aiea hoped with all her heart that it was a good one. Gently she reached out, as if she expected a hit, an outlash from her brother once she touched his shoulder, felt his muscles shiver under his metallic gleaming skin and her heavy claw.

“Talk to me.”, she whispered, the silence almost drove her mad, up the walls. Made her imagine things, like a voice whispering nonsensical words where clearly no one was. Except Donohtha, which looked strangely numb, had a blank face as if he was only a witness, not tangled up in this confusing situation.
Sam looked up at his sister, the worry in her expression shocking him back to reality. "He knows, aiea." he said, tears still running freely down his cheeks. His voice didn't match his expression, which was one of a calm acceptance. "It is not safe for him to stay here."

He broke his pleading gaze away from the worried face of his sister and looked down at Donohtha with a pained look. He had wanted to protect them. To save him from the horrible truth. But, somehow, he had only made things worse.
Sam looked up at his sister, the worry in her expression shocking him back to reality. "He knows, aiea." he said, tears still running freely down his cheeks. His voice didn't match his expression, which was one of a calm acceptance. "It is not safe for him to stay here."

He broke his pleading gaze away from the worried face of his sister and looked down at Donohtha with a pained look. He had wanted to protect them. To save him from the horrible truth. But, somehow, he had only made things worse.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
“What.”, it was no question, it was a simple word, spat out like something bitter and poisonous. Aiea picked the child up with one paw, in her frantic attempt to sooth over the situation, she gripped him a bit too tight, causing Donohtha to let out a breathless yelp, a soft whimper of pain and surprise. She felt his tiny heart hammer against the bony cage of his ribs, the rough surface of her palm. His thin back legs kicked in the empty air, tried to find something to hold on, to prevent the lower half of his body to simply...dangle down.

Aiea needed to get out, away. But leaving Samuel alone was just as stupid as forcing Donohtha to apologize and pretend that this all never happened. Both solutions were not satisfying and most likely to blow up in her face. Thankfully, Aiea was not forced to play diplomat, something she would never be able to do. Steps could be heard, were coming closer and finally, the echoing buzz of many voices.
“What.”, it was no question, it was a simple word, spat out like something bitter and poisonous. Aiea picked the child up with one paw, in her frantic attempt to sooth over the situation, she gripped him a bit too tight, causing Donohtha to let out a breathless yelp, a soft whimper of pain and surprise. She felt his tiny heart hammer against the bony cage of his ribs, the rough surface of her palm. His thin back legs kicked in the empty air, tried to find something to hold on, to prevent the lower half of his body to simply...dangle down.

Aiea needed to get out, away. But leaving Samuel alone was just as stupid as forcing Donohtha to apologize and pretend that this all never happened. Both solutions were not satisfying and most likely to blow up in her face. Thankfully, Aiea was not forced to play diplomat, something she would never be able to do. Steps could be heard, were coming closer and finally, the echoing buzz of many voices.
((There, it is less cringe-worthy now, and should poke your muse a bit better :3))

((Asriel will be coming soon.))

Right after aiea turned tail and bolted out of sight, papyrus moved to follow her and a searing pain erupted from the back of his skull. He fell to his knees, gritting his teeth just as sans walked in. Sans was immediately by their side, helping him up as the pain faded. "Something is very wrong." Papyrus said, blinking away the spots in his eyes.

Not even a second later a skydancer with rust colored wings burst in, breathing heavy. "Golems." they sputtered out. "Tons of them. Serthis turned them loose."

Sans glanced done at papyrus, who pushed the larger dragon away. "I am fine, Sans. You are needed elsewhere."

Sans nodded, turning back to the skydancer. "Gather the warriors, I will hold the machines until they arrive."

"Sir," the skydancer said, a grave expression on his face. "Asriel has already made contact."

Sans pushed past the skydancer, more rushed now. "That kid is going to get himself killed." He grumbled, quickly pushing past the skydancer as he made his way towards the entrance of the lair, the shouts of the warriors as they prepped for battle echoing behind him.

When he turned the corner, he nearly ran smack into aiea, who held Donohtha protectively, gazing down at her brother with a mixture of worry, fear, and anger. Not a good combo, especially for one of her caliber. Not even a moment later, as if on cue, a familiar voice whispered in his ear. "The child." The voice whispered, it's source unseen, but he knew it was there. He had heard the voice many times, and trusted it. "His path lies elsewhere."

"Aiea," Sans said aloud, his tone deadly serious. "We are under attack by golems that have escaped the workshop. I need you to get Donohtha back to plague-fang as quickly as possible, avoid the golems if you can, I will explain why later. Samuel, I need you with me."
((There, it is less cringe-worthy now, and should poke your muse a bit better :3))

((Asriel will be coming soon.))

Right after aiea turned tail and bolted out of sight, papyrus moved to follow her and a searing pain erupted from the back of his skull. He fell to his knees, gritting his teeth just as sans walked in. Sans was immediately by their side, helping him up as the pain faded. "Something is very wrong." Papyrus said, blinking away the spots in his eyes.

Not even a second later a skydancer with rust colored wings burst in, breathing heavy. "Golems." they sputtered out. "Tons of them. Serthis turned them loose."

Sans glanced done at papyrus, who pushed the larger dragon away. "I am fine, Sans. You are needed elsewhere."

Sans nodded, turning back to the skydancer. "Gather the warriors, I will hold the machines until they arrive."

"Sir," the skydancer said, a grave expression on his face. "Asriel has already made contact."

Sans pushed past the skydancer, more rushed now. "That kid is going to get himself killed." He grumbled, quickly pushing past the skydancer as he made his way towards the entrance of the lair, the shouts of the warriors as they prepped for battle echoing behind him.

When he turned the corner, he nearly ran smack into aiea, who held Donohtha protectively, gazing down at her brother with a mixture of worry, fear, and anger. Not a good combo, especially for one of her caliber. Not even a moment later, as if on cue, a familiar voice whispered in his ear. "The child." The voice whispered, it's source unseen, but he knew it was there. He had heard the voice many times, and trusted it. "His path lies elsewhere."

"Aiea," Sans said aloud, his tone deadly serious. "We are under attack by golems that have escaped the workshop. I need you to get Donohtha back to plague-fang as quickly as possible, avoid the golems if you can, I will explain why later. Samuel, I need you with me."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
“What?! But I can help!”, Aieas head turned so fast towards her father, she could feel the sickening sound of her spine cracking in protest. She pulled the child closer to her spiky chest, growling in a sign of clear dislike. Her protests were suffocated by one pointy look from Sans and Aiea, despite feeling like a coward, crept backwards, nodded in defeat. “Don't get killed while I'm away.”

This was insane, she thought only shortly after this strange situation. Thankfully, Aiea had been able to sneak out through an entrance of the lair that was not under attack, barely known to those that didn't grew up there, but her flight towards the borders of plague found an abrupt end. This time, it was not Donohtha or anyone else fault, the reason why she couldn't bare it to fly any farther away from her childhood home was she. She herself, every instinct screamed at her to run, to get the child in her claws out of danger only to drown in the dark, roaring voice inside her head that ordered her, forced her to find it.
She was a planet, trapped in the gravity pull of her sun, her course was set and her body acted on its own, she was nothing more than a passenger, muscles moved her heavy body onwards, her bright wings carried her fast and secure through the stormy air and her eyes scanned the ground below her for the reason, for the source of the pull that caused her bones to rattle with anticipation.

“Aiea...where are we going?”, Donohthas voice was low and scared, he feared punishment but even he was not important right now, Aiea tried to answer but her mind blocked out whatever words she muttered to the shivering child.

She had to find it, she had to.
“What?! But I can help!”, Aieas head turned so fast towards her father, she could feel the sickening sound of her spine cracking in protest. She pulled the child closer to her spiky chest, growling in a sign of clear dislike. Her protests were suffocated by one pointy look from Sans and Aiea, despite feeling like a coward, crept backwards, nodded in defeat. “Don't get killed while I'm away.”

This was insane, she thought only shortly after this strange situation. Thankfully, Aiea had been able to sneak out through an entrance of the lair that was not under attack, barely known to those that didn't grew up there, but her flight towards the borders of plague found an abrupt end. This time, it was not Donohtha or anyone else fault, the reason why she couldn't bare it to fly any farther away from her childhood home was she. She herself, every instinct screamed at her to run, to get the child in her claws out of danger only to drown in the dark, roaring voice inside her head that ordered her, forced her to find it.
She was a planet, trapped in the gravity pull of her sun, her course was set and her body acted on its own, she was nothing more than a passenger, muscles moved her heavy body onwards, her bright wings carried her fast and secure through the stormy air and her eyes scanned the ground below her for the reason, for the source of the pull that caused her bones to rattle with anticipation.

“Aiea...where are we going?”, Donohthas voice was low and scared, he feared punishment but even he was not important right now, Aiea tried to answer but her mind blocked out whatever words she muttered to the shivering child.

She had to find it, she had to.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30005408] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/300055/30005408_350.png[/img] [/url] Below, in the desert sands, a lone tundra stood smack in the middle of the swath of beseigers. The tundra had carved a path and isolated himself in the hoard. He left a trail of broken machinery and rotting corpses in his wake as he danced around the golems. Hacking and slashing with a trident, the blades of which were glowing a deep red. However, the circle he had carved himself in the beastclan's ranks was slowly shrinking as they split his attention and attacked from multiple sides at once. By this point, Sans had joined the fray, but he was still a long ways off from the lone tundra, and it was clear the smaller dragon would be overwhelmed long before reinforcements arrived.

30005408_350.png

Below, in the desert sands, a lone tundra stood smack in the middle of the swath of beseigers. The tundra had carved a path and isolated himself in the hoard. He left a trail of broken machinery and rotting corpses in his wake as he danced around the golems. Hacking and slashing with a trident, the blades of which were glowing a deep red. However, the circle he had carved himself in the beastclan's ranks was slowly shrinking as they split his attention and attacked from multiple sides at once.

By this point, Sans had joined the fray, but he was still a long ways off from the lone tundra, and it was clear the smaller dragon would be overwhelmed long before reinforcements arrived.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 16