Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Fire Killed the Cat
1 2 3 4 5 6
His mind already began thinking away. Well, I'm... I'm not really a cat, am I? I wonder if the fire-- he was distracted by Finch's other words though and quickly forgot about whatever he was thinking about, not wanting to upset this new friend or be impolite.

"That makes two of us!" Daemon laughed a little, reassuring himself that this cat could be trusted and would help him. Heck, Finch was guiding him through a deep, mossy forest full of dark corners and gleaming eyes. I do not want to deal with those alone...

"Uhh..." Daemon's ear flicked as he was asked, thinking on how to explain where he was from. I'm actually a prince from a distant land who has been missing for a few months. Oh, and I'm a human. "Yeah, yeah I'm from the city... Not used to chasing prey and whatnot, haha!" He said, almost cackling a little at the end trying to sound convincing.

"How long have you resided in the forest?" The blond tom quickly changed the subject.
His mind already began thinking away. Well, I'm... I'm not really a cat, am I? I wonder if the fire-- he was distracted by Finch's other words though and quickly forgot about whatever he was thinking about, not wanting to upset this new friend or be impolite.

"That makes two of us!" Daemon laughed a little, reassuring himself that this cat could be trusted and would help him. Heck, Finch was guiding him through a deep, mossy forest full of dark corners and gleaming eyes. I do not want to deal with those alone...

"Uhh..." Daemon's ear flicked as he was asked, thinking on how to explain where he was from. I'm actually a prince from a distant land who has been missing for a few months. Oh, and I'm a human. "Yeah, yeah I'm from the city... Not used to chasing prey and whatnot, haha!" He said, almost cackling a little at the end trying to sound convincing.

"How long have you resided in the forest?" The blond tom quickly changed the subject.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - z-Kazuha-Sig3.png
Finch had kept skipping about whIle talking to his friend. He seemed oddly excited about where they were going despite how many fox dens they have passed.

"Oh I haven't been here long. I've only been alive for about 8 moons. It's kinda crazy how so much has happened during that time."

Finch gazed at the trees above, oblivious of everything except Daemon. He completely forgot about the city thing with him, so he probably didn't even know what moons means.

"Oh I'm sorry! I'm pretty sure you don't know what moons mean around here."
Finch had kept skipping about whIle talking to his friend. He seemed oddly excited about where they were going despite how many fox dens they have passed.

"Oh I haven't been here long. I've only been alive for about 8 moons. It's kinda crazy how so much has happened during that time."

Finch gazed at the trees above, oblivious of everything except Daemon. He completely forgot about the city thing with him, so he probably didn't even know what moons means.

"Oh I'm sorry! I'm pretty sure you don't know what moons mean around here."
Moons? What are moons? The blond tomcat thought as he looked nervously around them.

So many shades of green tangled with each other; the emerald grass, shamrock leaves and occasional swamp color making an appearance. Holes that went so deep they had dark obsidian shadows cast over them. Dens?

With a twitch of his ear, Daemon responded. "Oh, no, I'm afraid I don't know what amount of time that measures." He clarified.
Moons? What are moons? The blond tomcat thought as he looked nervously around them.

So many shades of green tangled with each other; the emerald grass, shamrock leaves and occasional swamp color making an appearance. Holes that went so deep they had dark obsidian shadows cast over them. Dens?

With a twitch of his ear, Daemon responded. "Oh, no, I'm afraid I don't know what amount of time that measures." He clarified.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - z-Kazuha-Sig3.png
"It's a measurement of how many full moons have passed. So for me, it's eight. That's about eight months human time I suppose." Finch chuckled.

The tom playfully skipped some more in front of Daemon, enjoying the company he so luckily found. Although, he remembered the path they were taking and should probably tell the other tom to be at least wary. Their territory was going to show up soon.

"I forgot to mention something," The small feline spoke. "We're going to be walking on the edge of some fox dens to get to mine, so just... try to be quiet and walk through the brush to stay out of sight."

The tom crouched and entered a small bush on the outskirts of the dense redwoods coming their way. He swished his tail around to signal his friend to follow, but he looked more dazed and scared to keep up with him.
"It's a measurement of how many full moons have passed. So for me, it's eight. That's about eight months human time I suppose." Finch chuckled.

The tom playfully skipped some more in front of Daemon, enjoying the company he so luckily found. Although, he remembered the path they were taking and should probably tell the other tom to be at least wary. Their territory was going to show up soon.

"I forgot to mention something," The small feline spoke. "We're going to be walking on the edge of some fox dens to get to mine, so just... try to be quiet and walk through the brush to stay out of sight."

The tom crouched and entered a small bush on the outskirts of the dense redwoods coming their way. He swished his tail around to signal his friend to follow, but he looked more dazed and scared to keep up with him.
"Oh, that's interesting..." Daemon said as he tried to recall if he'd ever heard of the phrase from others he'd passed by. Idiot, you've barely been a cat for long... "I've certainly never heard of it before."

"Fox dens..?" Daemon whispered as all of his senses suddenly went full alert. His ears twitched, awaiting to hear thundering pawsteps pound behind him, nose wiggled as he attempted to sniff for any danger and his sky eyes darted from side to side nervously. "We shouldn't be speaking so carelessly then, should we..?" He whispered, following after Finch closely.

Worst comes to worst... This cat likely sees his first fire...
"Oh, that's interesting..." Daemon said as he tried to recall if he'd ever heard of the phrase from others he'd passed by. Idiot, you've barely been a cat for long... "I've certainly never heard of it before."

"Fox dens..?" Daemon whispered as all of his senses suddenly went full alert. His ears twitched, awaiting to hear thundering pawsteps pound behind him, nose wiggled as he attempted to sniff for any danger and his sky eyes darted from side to side nervously. "We shouldn't be speaking so carelessly then, should we..?" He whispered, following after Finch closely.

Worst comes to worst... This cat likely sees his first fire...
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
Finch chuckled lightly as he trudged forward, keeping a watchful eye on the dens seen through the thick leaves in the brush. "We should not speak too carelessly, but just keep your distance and you'll be fine."

The cat couldn't help but smile while walking carefully. He could practically feel the other's whiskers on his playful tail since he was so close. He must have been really nervous.

"Don't worry too much. Even if they spot us, we have the advantage. They're too big to fit between the crevices in the brush. We'll have time to escape." The tom replied in a breathy whisper.
Finch chuckled lightly as he trudged forward, keeping a watchful eye on the dens seen through the thick leaves in the brush. "We should not speak too carelessly, but just keep your distance and you'll be fine."

The cat couldn't help but smile while walking carefully. He could practically feel the other's whiskers on his playful tail since he was so close. He must have been really nervous.

"Don't worry too much. Even if they spot us, we have the advantage. They're too big to fit between the crevices in the brush. We'll have time to escape." The tom replied in a breathy whisper.
Daemon listened to the other tom's words as his paws continued to pad along. His senses were still raised despite Finch's reassuring, though a trait of his was to always worry. Gah, why'd I have to be too fat? He growled silently to himself as he thought. Does that mean I need to lose some weight in my other form, too?

"If they haven't found us yet..." The blond tom spoke softly as he quickly took a breath. "...Than I think we'll be OK..."
Daemon listened to the other tom's words as his paws continued to pad along. His senses were still raised despite Finch's reassuring, though a trait of his was to always worry. Gah, why'd I have to be too fat? He growled silently to himself as he thought. Does that mean I need to lose some weight in my other form, too?

"If they haven't found us yet..." The blond tom spoke softly as he quickly took a breath. "...Than I think we'll be OK..."
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
"Spoke a little too soon, runt." sneered a deep growl from behind.

Finch's heart sank to the bottom of his chest as his ears flattened in fear. He whipped his head around to see the commotion, even if he already knew what was upon them. His friend behind him, up and close to the three towering figures of the canine family.

"Which one of yous gonna submit first? I bet on tha little one in the back." A leaner fox snickered.

"I say its the fatter one in the front... This'll be fun..." Another fox from behind grinned.

"Guys guys, you know the rules... Foxes are the ones who strike first." The shine of the golden pelt of the obviously larger fox glared the two in the eyes. He was the obvious leader of his small pack... and obviously more superior than any animal present.

The forest grew silent as the dispute grew on. No leaves rustled in the wind anymore. The birds stopped chirping, the rabbits hid in their holes, nothing stirred. Finch felt himself tremble at the sight of drool making its way past the foxes teeth. We need to get out of here... but how?

"Spoke a little too soon, runt." sneered a deep growl from behind.

Finch's heart sank to the bottom of his chest as his ears flattened in fear. He whipped his head around to see the commotion, even if he already knew what was upon them. His friend behind him, up and close to the three towering figures of the canine family.

"Which one of yous gonna submit first? I bet on tha little one in the back." A leaner fox snickered.

"I say its the fatter one in the front... This'll be fun..." Another fox from behind grinned.

"Guys guys, you know the rules... Foxes are the ones who strike first." The shine of the golden pelt of the obviously larger fox glared the two in the eyes. He was the obvious leader of his small pack... and obviously more superior than any animal present.

The forest grew silent as the dispute grew on. No leaves rustled in the wind anymore. The birds stopped chirping, the rabbits hid in their holes, nothing stirred. Finch felt himself tremble at the sight of drool making its way past the foxes teeth. We need to get out of here... but how?

Oh no. Daemon's head turned just as Finch's had, finding a black-and-orange face staring back at him with hungry reflected in hazel eyes. That definitely isn't a cat. The figure towered over even him, he didn't want to think about how Finch felt being as short as he was.

He must be terrified. Daemon thought as he looked around, realizing that there was no way to get to their green-covered escape routes through the tall, obsidian legs of the frightening figures. His ears flattened, realizing what he had to do.

"Forgive me, but I'm new to this." Daemon spoke lowly, ears pushed forward in an attempt to show bravery. His large, fluffy tail swayed back and forth and his pupils became slits. Irises burned like the strongest flame of blue. Even if he hates me... Daemon glanced back to his friend who was clearly worried about the blond tom's safety. I have to do this.

"Is there a rule against fire?" He questioned rhetorically as flames suddenly burst in front of the foxes, Daemon's irises now a gleaming red and whites now a saffron color; matching his flame perfectly. Gesturing with his paw, he slashed the flame across the foxes and almost ignited their pelts.

Come on... Just run away. I don't want to fight.
Oh no. Daemon's head turned just as Finch's had, finding a black-and-orange face staring back at him with hungry reflected in hazel eyes. That definitely isn't a cat. The figure towered over even him, he didn't want to think about how Finch felt being as short as he was.

He must be terrified. Daemon thought as he looked around, realizing that there was no way to get to their green-covered escape routes through the tall, obsidian legs of the frightening figures. His ears flattened, realizing what he had to do.

"Forgive me, but I'm new to this." Daemon spoke lowly, ears pushed forward in an attempt to show bravery. His large, fluffy tail swayed back and forth and his pupils became slits. Irises burned like the strongest flame of blue. Even if he hates me... Daemon glanced back to his friend who was clearly worried about the blond tom's safety. I have to do this.

"Is there a rule against fire?" He questioned rhetorically as flames suddenly burst in front of the foxes, Daemon's irises now a gleaming red and whites now a saffron color; matching his flame perfectly. Gesturing with his paw, he slashed the flame across the foxes and almost ignited their pelts.

Come on... Just run away. I don't want to fight.
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
The searing heat of flame blinded the wild canines with surprise. Bright light coming from the cat's claws and eyes brought chills down the spines of the enemy, as well as the tiny cat behind the larger tom.

"Since when did a cat learn how to make fire??" The leaner fox shouted in fear, feeling himself start to tremble just as the tiny cat in the background.

"We gotta get out of here boss!" The other frightened canine gestured with clawing at his friend's front leg.

"No..." The alpha growled. "This hasn't even started yet... who's gonna believe us when we tell them a cat learned to bend fire? We gotta show them the kill..."A grin grew across his face in satisfaction.

---

Daemon... I thought you were just a normal cat like the others...

The tiny cat felt frozen with fear. He could see the penetrating light coming from his friend's paws and eyes, just like the one he met face to face when he was littler.

This can't be...

He watched closely at the enemy's eyes, wondering why he wasn't afraid. The other two canines clearly demonstrated what power Daemon was capable of. Would it be a good idea to escape while he still could? To get away from both monsters?

The searing heat of flame blinded the wild canines with surprise. Bright light coming from the cat's claws and eyes brought chills down the spines of the enemy, as well as the tiny cat behind the larger tom.

"Since when did a cat learn how to make fire??" The leaner fox shouted in fear, feeling himself start to tremble just as the tiny cat in the background.

"We gotta get out of here boss!" The other frightened canine gestured with clawing at his friend's front leg.

"No..." The alpha growled. "This hasn't even started yet... who's gonna believe us when we tell them a cat learned to bend fire? We gotta show them the kill..."A grin grew across his face in satisfaction.

---

Daemon... I thought you were just a normal cat like the others...

The tiny cat felt frozen with fear. He could see the penetrating light coming from his friend's paws and eyes, just like the one he met face to face when he was littler.

This can't be...

He watched closely at the enemy's eyes, wondering why he wasn't afraid. The other two canines clearly demonstrated what power Daemon was capable of. Would it be a good idea to escape while he still could? To get away from both monsters?

1 2 3 4 5 6