Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Post-Apoc Pirates [RP Thread Closed]
1 2
@ AbyssRanger @Xumbre @elverabasilisk @jenkow @dragonofyang @Scryzze @Eject @cornixelecti

When the cook stuck her tongue out and commented about saying good morning but seeing no sexy captain, Balthazar smirked. The expression only flashed across his face before he put on a hurt look. "With such words, it's a surprise that I don't have self esteem issues, mom. Who knows, I might just start to." He told her in an over dramatic way that made it easily recognizable as just another one of his jokes. The captain most certainly didn't have self esteem issues, in fact you'd be hard pressed to find someone more confident in himself in all situations. "But I think you might just be a little biased, since you definitely preferred the previous captain." Any trace of the fake sadness, left his face and the smirk returned as he teased the woman. As she mentioned that his crew must have been sluggish today, the man casts his seafoam gaze around the mess hall and was greeted with the sight of many empty seats. Just as he was about to reply, a familiar voice drifted in from behind him. He caught sight of the tired-looking man that passed by while bidding them a good morning. "Morning, Guenan! You'll be glad to know that I haven't broken my arm, yet." The captain laughed. Even though he joked, Balthy couldn't help but notice how tired the man looked. While Guenan had never been very healthy, as far as he knew, he couldn't keep himself from worrying about the mechanic. Not just because of the man's position as head mechanic but as a friend. But he was sure that, if he asked, he wouldn't really get anywhere and only cause the mechanic to try harder to hide how he was feeling. For now, he would remain silent. Upon hearing a greeting from further in the mess hall, his gaze settled on Scar with his array of weapons spread out before him. "Morning, bro. Looks like you up as early as ever this morning. You know, old timers usually need to get their rest." He teased.

It would seem that the rest of his crew was starting to wake up now, because the mess hall doors swung open to reveal his first mate. Balthazar grinned when she laughed at what he announced earlier. "Morning, Keeley. Good to see you." As the captain gave her a friendly greeting, his gaze observed her discretely. The woman looked a bit tired and seemed a bit grouchier than usual. Experience told him that she had been drinking again and quite a bit, from the look of it. Perhaps, he should ask her about that later. As he continued to think, a voice came from behind him that drew his attention. The captain grinned as the short woman moved around him. "You know, I feel like you get a better look of me when you have to walk around. I'm sure you enjoyed seeing how good I look from all angles." He flirted shamelessly, follow Sadira to get some breakfast to not 'stand there in the way'. "But, I must say that I also enjoy seeing you from this angle as well." Balthy began to grab some of the food when he saw their sailing master walked over to the kitchen with a freshly caught fish. "Morning, Cas." He said with a grin, knowing that she probably wouldn't be very pleased with him calling her by that nickname. When she asked how everyone slept, the captain couldn't resist the opportunity to joke around once more. "I slept pretty well for someone who fell asleep at their desk, luckily someone put a blanket over me. But I would have slept much better in a bed with someone there beside me." He joked, no doubt to receive mixed reviews from his crew. Ah well, he thought it was funny and that's all that mattered.

After putting some of the food on his plate, the captain turned to begin to find a spot to sit down. As he did so, the ship's surgeon walked into the mess hall and, upon seeing the captain, made a gesture like dual pistols with his fingers. Balthy returned the gesture in kind, only with one hand because he would have dropped his plate if he had used both. Cierra would have been very mad, if he had done that. A laugh escaped him when Ajax asked someone to take a half-bottle of whiskey to keep the temptation away. "If no one else will help you out, I'd be willing to make the sacrifice. Just leave it in my room later." The captain replied, speaking in a rather dramatic tone. With a soft chuckle, he returned to finding a table and noticed his first mate was sitting alone at a table. Apparently, she was trying not to be social. Not on his watch, she wasn't. Making a beeline for her table, he placed his plate on the table and sat down right next to Keeley. "A ray of sunshine as always, Keeley. You know, food always tastes better when you enjoy it with others. Not that mom's cooking needs much help tasting good." Balthy flashed her a grin, making it obvious that he wasn't going to move even if she told him to.
@ AbyssRanger @Xumbre @elverabasilisk @jenkow @dragonofyang @Scryzze @Eject @cornixelecti

When the cook stuck her tongue out and commented about saying good morning but seeing no sexy captain, Balthazar smirked. The expression only flashed across his face before he put on a hurt look. "With such words, it's a surprise that I don't have self esteem issues, mom. Who knows, I might just start to." He told her in an over dramatic way that made it easily recognizable as just another one of his jokes. The captain most certainly didn't have self esteem issues, in fact you'd be hard pressed to find someone more confident in himself in all situations. "But I think you might just be a little biased, since you definitely preferred the previous captain." Any trace of the fake sadness, left his face and the smirk returned as he teased the woman. As she mentioned that his crew must have been sluggish today, the man casts his seafoam gaze around the mess hall and was greeted with the sight of many empty seats. Just as he was about to reply, a familiar voice drifted in from behind him. He caught sight of the tired-looking man that passed by while bidding them a good morning. "Morning, Guenan! You'll be glad to know that I haven't broken my arm, yet." The captain laughed. Even though he joked, Balthy couldn't help but notice how tired the man looked. While Guenan had never been very healthy, as far as he knew, he couldn't keep himself from worrying about the mechanic. Not just because of the man's position as head mechanic but as a friend. But he was sure that, if he asked, he wouldn't really get anywhere and only cause the mechanic to try harder to hide how he was feeling. For now, he would remain silent. Upon hearing a greeting from further in the mess hall, his gaze settled on Scar with his array of weapons spread out before him. "Morning, bro. Looks like you up as early as ever this morning. You know, old timers usually need to get their rest." He teased.

It would seem that the rest of his crew was starting to wake up now, because the mess hall doors swung open to reveal his first mate. Balthazar grinned when she laughed at what he announced earlier. "Morning, Keeley. Good to see you." As the captain gave her a friendly greeting, his gaze observed her discretely. The woman looked a bit tired and seemed a bit grouchier than usual. Experience told him that she had been drinking again and quite a bit, from the look of it. Perhaps, he should ask her about that later. As he continued to think, a voice came from behind him that drew his attention. The captain grinned as the short woman moved around him. "You know, I feel like you get a better look of me when you have to walk around. I'm sure you enjoyed seeing how good I look from all angles." He flirted shamelessly, follow Sadira to get some breakfast to not 'stand there in the way'. "But, I must say that I also enjoy seeing you from this angle as well." Balthy began to grab some of the food when he saw their sailing master walked over to the kitchen with a freshly caught fish. "Morning, Cas." He said with a grin, knowing that she probably wouldn't be very pleased with him calling her by that nickname. When she asked how everyone slept, the captain couldn't resist the opportunity to joke around once more. "I slept pretty well for someone who fell asleep at their desk, luckily someone put a blanket over me. But I would have slept much better in a bed with someone there beside me." He joked, no doubt to receive mixed reviews from his crew. Ah well, he thought it was funny and that's all that mattered.

After putting some of the food on his plate, the captain turned to begin to find a spot to sit down. As he did so, the ship's surgeon walked into the mess hall and, upon seeing the captain, made a gesture like dual pistols with his fingers. Balthy returned the gesture in kind, only with one hand because he would have dropped his plate if he had used both. Cierra would have been very mad, if he had done that. A laugh escaped him when Ajax asked someone to take a half-bottle of whiskey to keep the temptation away. "If no one else will help you out, I'd be willing to make the sacrifice. Just leave it in my room later." The captain replied, speaking in a rather dramatic tone. With a soft chuckle, he returned to finding a table and noticed his first mate was sitting alone at a table. Apparently, she was trying not to be social. Not on his watch, she wasn't. Making a beeline for her table, he placed his plate on the table and sat down right next to Keeley. "A ray of sunshine as always, Keeley. You know, food always tastes better when you enjoy it with others. Not that mom's cooking needs much help tasting good." Balthy flashed her a grin, making it obvious that he wasn't going to move even if she told him to.
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
@AbyssRanger @CornixElecti @Scryzze @Xumbre @ElveraBasilisk @Jenkow @Eject @dragonofyang

Cierra snorted, "Balthy darling, the day I, or any other, wounds your self-esteem is the day the world ends." she said, unable to help the smile the turn up the corners of he lips, "Vivian and I, yes, were together but that had passed, I like to look forward. Who knows, I might find myself someone new." she said, giving a sly look as the head mechanic walked in, "Good morning Geunan, I see exhaustion never dents your sarcasm." she said, looking at him like an irritated, but concerned, mother would, "You need to sleep, and eat more." she said, handing a loaded plate of food to a young boy who quickly brought it to the older man. As Keeley loaded food onto her plate, Cierra nodded, "Good morning darling, make sure to drink plenty water after last night." Although Cierra wasn't the surgeon, nor a doctor, she still made it her business to worry after the crew. A habit she'd picked up from the last Captain, she winced, her mind quickly leaving the subject of her past lover.

Cierra's eyes shot up as Sadira walked in, "Good morning, how's the Crow's Nest?" she asked, "Make sure to eat plenty... I worry some of you don't eat enough." she said, "Be careful of what you offer, Balthy, or else you might find yourself with some rather strange bedfellows." she said, shooting a playful glare. A few other men and women filed in, mumbling good morning to Cierra, a few engaged polite conversation with her. Cierra smiled, scowled and laughed. Casoi entered as she did most mornings, with a fish ready for Cierra to cook, "Yes, yes. I will have one of the younger crew members bring it to you." she said, flashing a smile at the younger girl. She'd already gotten out a pan to fry it in and went straight to working on the fish before placing it in the already hot pan. She then left for a kettle, quickly filling it with water and set it to boil, Ajax should be here by the time it boils... she thought, tending once more to what would, eventually, be the Crew's lunch.

Ajax made his entrance and was soon seated, giving a rather delayed 'good morning' to the crew. She was already walking out towards by the time he placed his leaves in the mug, "Careful, darling, it's hot. Give it a few minutes, you still reek of alcohol." she grabbed the bottle, "As for you! You don't need more alcohol. Don't act like I haven't noticed how much you drink. Besides... Sometimes I need a drink." she said with a wry grin. She returned to the kitchens as one of the younger boys was placing the majority of the fish on a plate for Casoi, "Take it to her." was all she said, "Take the rest to Cynric. He needs food as well." she added.
@AbyssRanger @CornixElecti @Scryzze @Xumbre @ElveraBasilisk @Jenkow @Eject @dragonofyang

Cierra snorted, "Balthy darling, the day I, or any other, wounds your self-esteem is the day the world ends." she said, unable to help the smile the turn up the corners of he lips, "Vivian and I, yes, were together but that had passed, I like to look forward. Who knows, I might find myself someone new." she said, giving a sly look as the head mechanic walked in, "Good morning Geunan, I see exhaustion never dents your sarcasm." she said, looking at him like an irritated, but concerned, mother would, "You need to sleep, and eat more." she said, handing a loaded plate of food to a young boy who quickly brought it to the older man. As Keeley loaded food onto her plate, Cierra nodded, "Good morning darling, make sure to drink plenty water after last night." Although Cierra wasn't the surgeon, nor a doctor, she still made it her business to worry after the crew. A habit she'd picked up from the last Captain, she winced, her mind quickly leaving the subject of her past lover.

Cierra's eyes shot up as Sadira walked in, "Good morning, how's the Crow's Nest?" she asked, "Make sure to eat plenty... I worry some of you don't eat enough." she said, "Be careful of what you offer, Balthy, or else you might find yourself with some rather strange bedfellows." she said, shooting a playful glare. A few other men and women filed in, mumbling good morning to Cierra, a few engaged polite conversation with her. Cierra smiled, scowled and laughed. Casoi entered as she did most mornings, with a fish ready for Cierra to cook, "Yes, yes. I will have one of the younger crew members bring it to you." she said, flashing a smile at the younger girl. She'd already gotten out a pan to fry it in and went straight to working on the fish before placing it in the already hot pan. She then left for a kettle, quickly filling it with water and set it to boil, Ajax should be here by the time it boils... she thought, tending once more to what would, eventually, be the Crew's lunch.

Ajax made his entrance and was soon seated, giving a rather delayed 'good morning' to the crew. She was already walking out towards by the time he placed his leaves in the mug, "Careful, darling, it's hot. Give it a few minutes, you still reek of alcohol." she grabbed the bottle, "As for you! You don't need more alcohol. Don't act like I haven't noticed how much you drink. Besides... Sometimes I need a drink." she said with a wry grin. She returned to the kitchens as one of the younger boys was placing the majority of the fish on a plate for Casoi, "Take it to her." was all she said, "Take the rest to Cynric. He needs food as well." she added.
RaffleSig_Full_Ver2.pngRaffleButtonSmall_GIF_2.gif
@AbyssRanger @CornixElecti @/Scryzze @Xumbre @ElveraBasilisk @Jenkow @Eject @dragonofyang
((A little bit busy, sorry it’s short!))

He wasn't too impressed with the Captain's ability to keep his arm free of damage when it was still so early in the morning, but at least it hadn’t broken in the middle of the night. “Gut, gut. Try to keep it that vay now, ja? It vasn't that long ago that I had to tend to it.” Though his tone was light, he still shot a flat glare as warning to him before turning back to his food.

The faintest of smirks graced Guenan's face as, like he had said, the rest of the crew trickled in after him. It wasn't hard to predict, as it was incredibly unlikely everyone suddenly slept in on the same day. Unless he missed a night of fun in preference of work and those who enjoyed themselves were still recovering. Though he doubted that.
Soft greetings echoed from him as crew members entered the room, mostly the usual German greeting that he repeated every morning.

Ajax's choice in seating wasn't new, and the tall man's arrival was greeted with a mere “Guten Morgen, Doktor.” as usual. Nothing more was spoken, for the mechanic never really was one to start conversations- not that Ajax looked he could hold one at the moment. The guy looked like he was about to nod off any second, and Guenan secretly watched and waited for that. It would be amusing.

He had pretty much finished the little he'd picked when he was presented with more food, shooting a faintly-disgusted scowl Cierra’s way as her helper scampered away. Every time she'd done this usually ended in a waste of food, and this occasion wasn't going to be any different. He was well aware of his eating habits but had no care to change them. She knew this, which stemmed feelings of deep betrayal from him. ...Though, admittedly, he probably should’ve gotten more sleep, that much he could agree with.
Either way, the mechanic picked at the plate with little enthusiasm, already eaten his (preferred) fill and clearly unhappy with more. For once, the idea of continuing work was put to the side, debating whether or not to just slide the mostly untouched plate to Ajax or just leave it entirely. Or maybe just slip out of the room. He was seated fairly close to the doors. Though, the chef had an eye like a hawk- when she wanted -and he was unlucky enough to be under her fiery watch.
@AbyssRanger @CornixElecti @/Scryzze @Xumbre @ElveraBasilisk @Jenkow @Eject @dragonofyang
((A little bit busy, sorry it’s short!))

He wasn't too impressed with the Captain's ability to keep his arm free of damage when it was still so early in the morning, but at least it hadn’t broken in the middle of the night. “Gut, gut. Try to keep it that vay now, ja? It vasn't that long ago that I had to tend to it.” Though his tone was light, he still shot a flat glare as warning to him before turning back to his food.

The faintest of smirks graced Guenan's face as, like he had said, the rest of the crew trickled in after him. It wasn't hard to predict, as it was incredibly unlikely everyone suddenly slept in on the same day. Unless he missed a night of fun in preference of work and those who enjoyed themselves were still recovering. Though he doubted that.
Soft greetings echoed from him as crew members entered the room, mostly the usual German greeting that he repeated every morning.

Ajax's choice in seating wasn't new, and the tall man's arrival was greeted with a mere “Guten Morgen, Doktor.” as usual. Nothing more was spoken, for the mechanic never really was one to start conversations- not that Ajax looked he could hold one at the moment. The guy looked like he was about to nod off any second, and Guenan secretly watched and waited for that. It would be amusing.

He had pretty much finished the little he'd picked when he was presented with more food, shooting a faintly-disgusted scowl Cierra’s way as her helper scampered away. Every time she'd done this usually ended in a waste of food, and this occasion wasn't going to be any different. He was well aware of his eating habits but had no care to change them. She knew this, which stemmed feelings of deep betrayal from him. ...Though, admittedly, he probably should’ve gotten more sleep, that much he could agree with.
Either way, the mechanic picked at the plate with little enthusiasm, already eaten his (preferred) fill and clearly unhappy with more. For once, the idea of continuing work was put to the side, debating whether or not to just slide the mostly untouched plate to Ajax or just leave it entirely. Or maybe just slip out of the room. He was seated fairly close to the doors. Though, the chef had an eye like a hawk- when she wanted -and he was unlucky enough to be under her fiery watch.
webp_net_gifmaker_by_scryzzethekat-dchbqn7.gif
|| Art Shop

|| Bio Templates
_______ |
|
|
|
|
_______

I am typically not
subscribed to my
threads; ping me
if unsure!
@AbyssRanger @CornixElecti @Scryzze @ Xumbre @ElveraBasilisk @Jenkow @Eject @dragonofyang

Keeley picked at Cierra's cooking slowly, shifting the various piles of breakfast foods back and forth across her plate with the silver tongs of the fork. It was excellent food, as always, but she was afraid to eat at her usual pace, and stopped between bites to sip some water (as per her friendly cook's advice), due to the amount of alcohol she'd consumed late into the previous night. Her head shook gently as she slowly shoveled bites of egg into her mouth, chewing at a leisurely pace.

As she mindlessly continued to pile the eggs into her mouth, her thoughts drifted, 'This is a job. This is a job... A job.'

She knew that she was lacking in performance on the job when her nights were spent getting drunk and socializing. But when she felt particularly deprived of social activity, alcohol was always her friend... And when she spent time with one friend, she felt inclined to socialize with the rest of the crew. Often in late night rounds of gambling. With a sudden recollection of the night before, her right hand moved to her left, running a restless index finger along a new ring with a thick gold band and a series of small, diamond cut sapphires embedded around it. The corners of her mouth tugged upwards a little, the lucky roll of the dice that won her the new distraction clattering into place in her mind's eye. She was notorious for gambling until she won a new ring or trinket when she would get drunk. And when her night of drinking was over, the new trinket would keep her aloof for awhile: at least until it's novelty wore off and she would spend a night drinking her consciousness away once more.

Boy, for someone so obsessed with being socially aloof, she had a complicated addiction to social activity.

Still lost in thought, the first mate nearly jumped out of her skin when the captain started talking. In fact, her lurching movement upwards from the bench of the mess table was so abrupt, that the new ring she was spinning on her finger clattered to the floor. With a flash of movement, she snagged the fallen jewelry in her gloved hand and slid it back over her finger as she glared at her friend.

With a solemn note of irritation to her tone, she spoke softly to her captain,

"Bal... You know I was drinking last night. Don't you?"

She shook her head rapidly, "Whatever. That's beside the point. I'm just disappointed in myself."

Her hand drifted towards scarred cheek, "Getting so drunk poses the severe threat of a loss of temper. And that's hardly appropriate for me.

She forced a smile as she finished, "Don't you worry about it. I'll be my cheery old self again soon. I just need a day to feel disappointed in my weakness last night."
@AbyssRanger @CornixElecti @Scryzze @ Xumbre @ElveraBasilisk @Jenkow @Eject @dragonofyang

Keeley picked at Cierra's cooking slowly, shifting the various piles of breakfast foods back and forth across her plate with the silver tongs of the fork. It was excellent food, as always, but she was afraid to eat at her usual pace, and stopped between bites to sip some water (as per her friendly cook's advice), due to the amount of alcohol she'd consumed late into the previous night. Her head shook gently as she slowly shoveled bites of egg into her mouth, chewing at a leisurely pace.

As she mindlessly continued to pile the eggs into her mouth, her thoughts drifted, 'This is a job. This is a job... A job.'

She knew that she was lacking in performance on the job when her nights were spent getting drunk and socializing. But when she felt particularly deprived of social activity, alcohol was always her friend... And when she spent time with one friend, she felt inclined to socialize with the rest of the crew. Often in late night rounds of gambling. With a sudden recollection of the night before, her right hand moved to her left, running a restless index finger along a new ring with a thick gold band and a series of small, diamond cut sapphires embedded around it. The corners of her mouth tugged upwards a little, the lucky roll of the dice that won her the new distraction clattering into place in her mind's eye. She was notorious for gambling until she won a new ring or trinket when she would get drunk. And when her night of drinking was over, the new trinket would keep her aloof for awhile: at least until it's novelty wore off and she would spend a night drinking her consciousness away once more.

Boy, for someone so obsessed with being socially aloof, she had a complicated addiction to social activity.

Still lost in thought, the first mate nearly jumped out of her skin when the captain started talking. In fact, her lurching movement upwards from the bench of the mess table was so abrupt, that the new ring she was spinning on her finger clattered to the floor. With a flash of movement, she snagged the fallen jewelry in her gloved hand and slid it back over her finger as she glared at her friend.

With a solemn note of irritation to her tone, she spoke softly to her captain,

"Bal... You know I was drinking last night. Don't you?"

She shook her head rapidly, "Whatever. That's beside the point. I'm just disappointed in myself."

Her hand drifted towards scarred cheek, "Getting so drunk poses the severe threat of a loss of temper. And that's hardly appropriate for me.

She forced a smile as she finished, "Don't you worry about it. I'll be my cheery old self again soon. I just need a day to feel disappointed in my weakness last night."
Ulricti%20Guard%20Banner_Horizantal_zps7fecaqu9.png
@AbyssRanger @Xumbre @ elverabasilisk @jenkow @dragonofyang @Scryzze @Eject @cornixelecti

Sadira rolled her eyes at the captain. "Ever the flirt,"she muttered in his direction, chortling as she heard him following. Her smile swiftly faded in exchange for her typically stoic, unreadable expression. She gathered food onto her plate, giving a nod to the cook. "Morning,"she spoke to Cierra politely, "and fairly comfortable, should probably straighten it up here and there,"she concluded. She turned on her heel then, her barefoot softly hissing against the smooth flooring before she stepped away with her tray. She glanced across the crew, brow waggling as she debate where to sit.

For a moment she pondered taking to a seat alone, but she suspected the effort would be wasted with Balthazar there this morning. He had headed towards the first mate, who also had the inclination to sit on her own. The quartermaster breathed in deep, taking one last look around before following the Captain's path. As she approached, there was a clattering and the ping of a metallic object. She glanced up to watch Keeley snag up a ring, though kept silent. The crew was an odd bunch. She paid it no mind as she sat across from them, to the side. Facing the empty space beside the captain. Not too close, not too far. She relaxed into position as her green eyes turned downwards, beginning to eat on her bread first.

((sorry for the lame post, ahhh))
@AbyssRanger @Xumbre @ elverabasilisk @jenkow @dragonofyang @Scryzze @Eject @cornixelecti

Sadira rolled her eyes at the captain. "Ever the flirt,"she muttered in his direction, chortling as she heard him following. Her smile swiftly faded in exchange for her typically stoic, unreadable expression. She gathered food onto her plate, giving a nod to the cook. "Morning,"she spoke to Cierra politely, "and fairly comfortable, should probably straighten it up here and there,"she concluded. She turned on her heel then, her barefoot softly hissing against the smooth flooring before she stepped away with her tray. She glanced across the crew, brow waggling as she debate where to sit.

For a moment she pondered taking to a seat alone, but she suspected the effort would be wasted with Balthazar there this morning. He had headed towards the first mate, who also had the inclination to sit on her own. The quartermaster breathed in deep, taking one last look around before following the Captain's path. As she approached, there was a clattering and the ping of a metallic object. She glanced up to watch Keeley snag up a ring, though kept silent. The crew was an odd bunch. She paid it no mind as she sat across from them, to the side. Facing the empty space beside the captain. Not too close, not too far. She relaxed into position as her green eyes turned downwards, beginning to eat on her bread first.

((sorry for the lame post, ahhh))
tVRq6jk.pngg0hFCu8.pnghmeUSax.png4c85ct1.png
@AbyssRanger @Xumbre @elverabasilisk @/jenkow @dragonofyang @Scryzze @Eject @cornixelecti

Casoi sighed as the captain called her by her least favorite nickname. She gave him the stink eye, scowl prominent on her face as she flipped her still wet hair over her shoulder, feeling slight satisfaction as the water droplets flew over and hit the captain. Fighting a laugh she turned on her heel and walked toward her usual table, the one nearest the window and as she sat the cook's assistant brought her chunk of fish. She grunted a thank you as she stared out the window, watching as the stars disappeared to the brightness of the sun. Picking at her food, her attention was torn away from the stars as something clattered to the ground. She whipped her head around, hand steady on the hilt of one of her knives, relaxing only when she saw that the noise had come from the ever hungover Keeley who had dropped her ring off her finger.
With a slight sigh she returned her gaze to the window, still picking at her fish with her fingers, picking the flesh from the bone quickly but efficiently, just as her parents had taught her. She thought back to the stash of goods she had collected so she could leave this job and see her family again. Casoi sighed as the last of the stars disappeared, making way for the light of the sun.
Looking around the cabin at the others she waited, trying to pass the time until things got interesting.

(sorry for short post as well, i'm not feeling too good :( Headaches don't make for good rp posts)
@AbyssRanger @Xumbre @elverabasilisk @/jenkow @dragonofyang @Scryzze @Eject @cornixelecti

Casoi sighed as the captain called her by her least favorite nickname. She gave him the stink eye, scowl prominent on her face as she flipped her still wet hair over her shoulder, feeling slight satisfaction as the water droplets flew over and hit the captain. Fighting a laugh she turned on her heel and walked toward her usual table, the one nearest the window and as she sat the cook's assistant brought her chunk of fish. She grunted a thank you as she stared out the window, watching as the stars disappeared to the brightness of the sun. Picking at her food, her attention was torn away from the stars as something clattered to the ground. She whipped her head around, hand steady on the hilt of one of her knives, relaxing only when she saw that the noise had come from the ever hungover Keeley who had dropped her ring off her finger.
With a slight sigh she returned her gaze to the window, still picking at her fish with her fingers, picking the flesh from the bone quickly but efficiently, just as her parents had taught her. She thought back to the stash of goods she had collected so she could leave this job and see her family again. Casoi sighed as the last of the stars disappeared, making way for the light of the sun.
Looking around the cabin at the others she waited, trying to pass the time until things got interesting.

(sorry for short post as well, i'm not feeling too good :( Headaches don't make for good rp posts)
3qKDKeH.png
@AbyssRanger @Xumbre @elverabasilisk @jenkow @ dragonofyang @Scryzze @Eject @cornixelecti

Cynric snorted quietly as he wiped down the next pair of pistols, seemingly not paying attention to what he was doing as he cleaned them. "Unlike some people I sleep in a bed and not on my desk," he quipped back with a smirk. Once he finished wiping the sea salt off his pistols, he reassembled them with a practiced ease born of years of experience. In his hands, no gun was safer. He could point a pistol at his captain and fire off a round on either side of his head without even grazing his hair.

As each gun slipped into their homes, he began the process all over again with his knives, though without any pieces that required assembly he was able to clean them quickly and return them to their respective sheaths. "So what's our course for today? I didn't see any ships during my morning rounds, but if we have a mark just say the word and I'll prepare the cannons." He slid the last of his knives home and then stood, crossing his arms with an ease that would make you think he was completely unarmed and hadn't just spent the past hour cleaning enough firepower to take out an entire crew by himself and squirreled it all away on his person without so much as a bump under his coat.
@AbyssRanger @Xumbre @elverabasilisk @jenkow @ dragonofyang @Scryzze @Eject @cornixelecti

Cynric snorted quietly as he wiped down the next pair of pistols, seemingly not paying attention to what he was doing as he cleaned them. "Unlike some people I sleep in a bed and not on my desk," he quipped back with a smirk. Once he finished wiping the sea salt off his pistols, he reassembled them with a practiced ease born of years of experience. In his hands, no gun was safer. He could point a pistol at his captain and fire off a round on either side of his head without even grazing his hair.

As each gun slipped into their homes, he began the process all over again with his knives, though without any pieces that required assembly he was able to clean them quickly and return them to their respective sheaths. "So what's our course for today? I didn't see any ships during my morning rounds, but if we have a mark just say the word and I'll prepare the cannons." He slid the last of his knives home and then stood, crossing his arms with an ease that would make you think he was completely unarmed and hadn't just spent the past hour cleaning enough firepower to take out an entire crew by himself and squirreled it all away on his person without so much as a bump under his coat.
M5RokZd.pngslp_icon_by_rexcaliburr-dbmbj35.png
1 2