Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 With TeaTenda
1 2
Wow. I haven't done a private rp in a while so...

Let's do this. @TeaTenda
Wow. I haven't done a private rp in a while so...

Let's do this. @TeaTenda
forest1.pngforest2.pngforest6.png
It had been a normal day for Diphenyl, that was until her clan leader requested her to venture out and fish in an uncharted area. Uncharted for the clan at least. He hadn't specified what to hunt, so the ridgeback had wondered her way to a river to fish in.

Humming, as there was no dragons around to hear her, Diphenyl's claws flashed as she hooked a fish out. Smiling, she stiffened when something rustled behind her. Pausing, the female risgeback turned her head and scanned the forest warily. It was probably nothing, she reassured herself then continued fishing.

Then the sound continued, but this time louder. And closer. Choosing to ignore it, Diphenyl caught another fish before a weight slammed onto her back. Curling her back, black spines darting upwards, the female ridgeback yelped when they connected into metal. Was this dragon attacking her with a breastplate on?

The attacker, as if sensing her panic, quickly slammed something down on the back of her head. Diphenyl's world went black.

@TeaTenda STARTING POST HYPEEE
It had been a normal day for Diphenyl, that was until her clan leader requested her to venture out and fish in an uncharted area. Uncharted for the clan at least. He hadn't specified what to hunt, so the ridgeback had wondered her way to a river to fish in.

Humming, as there was no dragons around to hear her, Diphenyl's claws flashed as she hooked a fish out. Smiling, she stiffened when something rustled behind her. Pausing, the female risgeback turned her head and scanned the forest warily. It was probably nothing, she reassured herself then continued fishing.

Then the sound continued, but this time louder. And closer. Choosing to ignore it, Diphenyl caught another fish before a weight slammed onto her back. Curling her back, black spines darting upwards, the female ridgeback yelped when they connected into metal. Was this dragon attacking her with a breastplate on?

The attacker, as if sensing her panic, quickly slammed something down on the back of her head. Diphenyl's world went black.

@TeaTenda STARTING POST HYPEEE
@StStrawburry [center](Alright, I'm gonna subscribe to the thread so you don't have to tag me) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29599882] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/295999/29599882_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "[color=#C15213]Hello, hello?[/color]" Selvaggia whispered into the ear of the ridgeback who had been thrown in the same cage as her. She knew ridgebacks were gigantic, she had attended meetings with Astra and Alphecca before, but she'd never been this close to one before. She was only a fraction of the size of this dragon's head, they could have crushed her with one claw if they wanted to. Selvaggia didn't know why she was here, or who had captured her. At first she though it must have been an angry beastclan, but there was no way a centaur or harpy could have captured a dragon as large as a ridgeback. Earlier she had tried to find an escape from the dark room, but there was seemingly no escape from her stone prison. At least she thought it was stone, that's what the walls felt like. Another wall felt like metal, perhaps a door? She wasn't sure. Selvaggia had been asleep when the ridgeback was brought here, so if she had a chance to escape she most certainly missed it. Selvaggia's attempts to wake up the stranger by whispering had failed, so she spoke into their ear once more. "[color=#C15213]HELLO? PLEASE WAKE UP![/color]" She yelled into the ridgeback's ear.
@StStrawburry
(Alright, I'm gonna subscribe to the thread so you don't have to tag me)

29599882_350.png
"Hello, hello?" Selvaggia whispered into the ear of the ridgeback who had been thrown in the same cage as her. She knew ridgebacks were gigantic, she had attended meetings with Astra and Alphecca before, but she'd never been this close to one before. She was only a fraction of the size of this dragon's head, they could have crushed her with one claw if they wanted to.

Selvaggia didn't know why she was here, or who had captured her. At first she though it must have been an angry beastclan, but there was no way a centaur or harpy could have captured a dragon as large as a ridgeback. Earlier she had tried to find an escape from the dark room, but there was seemingly no escape from her stone prison. At least she thought it was stone, that's what the walls felt like. Another wall felt like metal, perhaps a door? She wasn't sure. Selvaggia had been asleep when the ridgeback was brought here, so if she had a chance to escape she most certainly missed it.

Selvaggia's attempts to wake up the stranger by whispering had failed, so she spoke into their ear once more. "HELLO? PLEASE WAKE UP!" She yelled into the ridgeback's ear.
KMJsARX.png
Diphenyl jerked awake, cracking open her bright green eyes. "I.. what?" The ridgeback asked, narrowing her eyes at the small pearlcatcher in front of her. "This isn't some sick joke, right? Trix wouldn't do this... or would he?" Peeking through the eyeholes of her mask, Diphenyl stretched her limbs, thoughts on the jester of a skydancer.

"Umm, if you don't mind me asking, who are you?" The ridgeback inquired after realizing that no, this dragon was not from her clan. A pit of worry formed in her stomach as she stared closer at the miniature dragon. Never had she seen a dragon like it. Diphenyl's head shot up, as she realized that the two were stuck in a cae. She couldn't help but let her eyes widen as she looked at the walls. Extending a wing she brushed the wall.

Glancing at the pearlcatcher, the larger dragon drew back into a corner, studying the small dragon. A subtle thought invaded her mind, wondering if she caused it.

Diphenyl jerked awake, cracking open her bright green eyes. "I.. what?" The ridgeback asked, narrowing her eyes at the small pearlcatcher in front of her. "This isn't some sick joke, right? Trix wouldn't do this... or would he?" Peeking through the eyeholes of her mask, Diphenyl stretched her limbs, thoughts on the jester of a skydancer.

"Umm, if you don't mind me asking, who are you?" The ridgeback inquired after realizing that no, this dragon was not from her clan. A pit of worry formed in her stomach as she stared closer at the miniature dragon. Never had she seen a dragon like it. Diphenyl's head shot up, as she realized that the two were stuck in a cae. She couldn't help but let her eyes widen as she looked at the walls. Extending a wing she brushed the wall.

Glancing at the pearlcatcher, the larger dragon drew back into a corner, studying the small dragon. A subtle thought invaded her mind, wondering if she caused it.

@StStrawburry
"Trix? Never heard of 'em!" Selvaggia said happily, overjoyed that the ridgeback had finally woken up. "My name is Selvaggia! I'm a nature spirit!" She told the ridgeback, puffing out her chest and then taking a bow before them. She then turned to the door and touched its metallic surface, but then recoiled in... fear? pain? There was no way to tell. Fae folk and other magical beings were often weakened by metals. It wasn't certain if Selvaggia actually felt pain, or just believed she felt pain.

"What's your name, dragon?" Selvaggia said turning around again to face Diphenyl. "And do you think you might able to make a dent in this door? I certainly can't!" She examined the dragon carefully now that they were awake. They looked very strong (Although most ridgebacks looked strong to Selvaggia), and very intimidating. Surely from the way they dressed this dragon must have been some kind of powerful warrior, what kind of metal could stop a ridgeback like that?
@StStrawburry
"Trix? Never heard of 'em!" Selvaggia said happily, overjoyed that the ridgeback had finally woken up. "My name is Selvaggia! I'm a nature spirit!" She told the ridgeback, puffing out her chest and then taking a bow before them. She then turned to the door and touched its metallic surface, but then recoiled in... fear? pain? There was no way to tell. Fae folk and other magical beings were often weakened by metals. It wasn't certain if Selvaggia actually felt pain, or just believed she felt pain.

"What's your name, dragon?" Selvaggia said turning around again to face Diphenyl. "And do you think you might able to make a dent in this door? I certainly can't!" She examined the dragon carefully now that they were awake. They looked very strong (Although most ridgebacks looked strong to Selvaggia), and very intimidating. Surely from the way they dressed this dragon must have been some kind of powerful warrior, what kind of metal could stop a ridgeback like that?
KMJsARX.png
Diphenyl glared at the 'nature spirit'. Did she seriously- no, never mind. It really didn't matter. Plus, the ridgeback had to focus on more important matters. For instance, Selvaggia's name did not ring any bells, and Trix obviously was out of the equation. If the skydancer wasn't who was at fault, then what was?

Diphenyl grimaced when Selvaggia asked for her to try to open the door. "For now you can call me Diph. As for the door... I'm just used to sitting behind a cauldron melting and creating things. I don't know what to do about the door," she replied, glancing at the sprite. Grunting, the ridgback peeled herself from the wall and edged closer to the metal door. Sizing it up, she realized that this door was large. At least large enough to fit her in. It could probably fit a larger dragon in too.

Glancing back at the pearlcatcher, Diphenyl nudged the door. It didn't budge. Huffing, she pushed as hard as possible. The door still didn't move. Backing up, the ridgeback smiled softly at the other dragon, but not before catching a small scratching sound outside the door. She dismissed it and spoke "I think we wait for now."
Diphenyl glared at the 'nature spirit'. Did she seriously- no, never mind. It really didn't matter. Plus, the ridgeback had to focus on more important matters. For instance, Selvaggia's name did not ring any bells, and Trix obviously was out of the equation. If the skydancer wasn't who was at fault, then what was?

Diphenyl grimaced when Selvaggia asked for her to try to open the door. "For now you can call me Diph. As for the door... I'm just used to sitting behind a cauldron melting and creating things. I don't know what to do about the door," she replied, glancing at the sprite. Grunting, the ridgback peeled herself from the wall and edged closer to the metal door. Sizing it up, she realized that this door was large. At least large enough to fit her in. It could probably fit a larger dragon in too.

Glancing back at the pearlcatcher, Diphenyl nudged the door. It didn't budge. Huffing, she pushed as hard as possible. The door still didn't move. Backing up, the ridgeback smiled softly at the other dragon, but not before catching a small scratching sound outside the door. She dismissed it and spoke "I think we wait for now."
@StStrawburry
Selvaggia sighed, and moved to lean against one of the stone walls. It was probably rude of her to judge Diphenyl's abilities by her appearance anyway, so she shouldn't have been too terribly disappointed. She hugged her pearl and stared at its shiny surface. She sat in silence for about... a minute. "So, Diph, where are you from?" Selvaggia thought a nice chat might help pass the time. "I live in the Viridian Labyrinth of course, but what about you?" She looked up at Diph and gave her a weak smile, it was kinda hard to be happy under the current conditions. At least she could try her best to be friendly though.

(I decided to do a size comparison, the difference is kinda funny)
@StStrawburry
Selvaggia sighed, and moved to lean against one of the stone walls. It was probably rude of her to judge Diphenyl's abilities by her appearance anyway, so she shouldn't have been too terribly disappointed. She hugged her pearl and stared at its shiny surface. She sat in silence for about... a minute. "So, Diph, where are you from?" Selvaggia thought a nice chat might help pass the time. "I live in the Viridian Labyrinth of course, but what about you?" She looked up at Diph and gave her a weak smile, it was kinda hard to be happy under the current conditions. At least she could try her best to be friendly though.

(I decided to do a size comparison, the difference is kinda funny)
KMJsARX.png
I had to sleep, and then go to school early to practice Double Bass. Sorry! My reply will be up in a few. But first I'm wondering if this is when the captors show themselves? And will they be other dragons? )
I had to sleep, and then go to school early to practice Double Bass. Sorry! My reply will be up in a few. But first I'm wondering if this is when the captors show themselves? And will they be other dragons? )
@StStrawburry
Whatever you want, it was your idea after all. I get a bit scared trying to progress other people's stories in rps : P
@StStrawburry
Whatever you want, it was your idea after all. I get a bit scared trying to progress other people's stories in rps : P
KMJsARX.png
Understandable! And you can, don't worry. I want to see how this will turn out with two people on the job.I may or may not need a dragon bigger than Diph.

Dip glanced at Selvaggia and offered a weak smile. "Let's see... Once upon a time I lived in the Windswept Plateua. I miss it, but now I live in the Sunbeam Ruins. Whatever put our dragonets in the safest position, you know? But I guess it didn't really matter." The ridgeback answered truthfully, not sure what compelled her to tell the smaller dragon.

Diphenyl's green eyes snapped to the door, and she couldn't help but arch her back. Her spikes stood on end, but that was mainly because of the slithering sound behind it. Diph could faintly hear the sound of talons, and she backed way from the door. "Hey, Sel? I think we should move away from the door," the larger dragon advised.

Understandable! And you can, don't worry. I want to see how this will turn out with two people on the job.I may or may not need a dragon bigger than Diph.

Dip glanced at Selvaggia and offered a weak smile. "Let's see... Once upon a time I lived in the Windswept Plateua. I miss it, but now I live in the Sunbeam Ruins. Whatever put our dragonets in the safest position, you know? But I guess it didn't really matter." The ridgeback answered truthfully, not sure what compelled her to tell the smaller dragon.

Diphenyl's green eyes snapped to the door, and she couldn't help but arch her back. Her spikes stood on end, but that was mainly because of the slithering sound behind it. Diph could faintly hear the sound of talons, and she backed way from the door. "Hey, Sel? I think we should move away from the door," the larger dragon advised.

1 2