Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w PoisonFern
1 2
@PoisonFern [center] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/9669.png[/img] The beetle handed over the letter. [/center] [quote] To Lynx and Rogue, I am Rhannon, son of Fact and July. We are in fact, siblings. I was born after you left and I'm starting to understand why you left. However, I have come across something else that you might not know. But before that, I'll tellyou more about myself. I want to be a Mage. You probably now understand why I want to leave now. I'm almost certain Father was the same before I was born and he has probably given you the same treatment. Are you guys Warriors? Or are you like me, wanting to be something else? I know Fiction, who has sadly passed away from one of the many attacks, was a Warrior. Mother was as well. It's just me, Father and Erios, our youngest brother. Father misses Mother a lot. He has been more subdued and more snappy than ever before and our poor youngest brother has been taking the brunt of it for not leaving to be a Warrior. He wants to, he'stold me, but he's scared. Who wouldn't be, when we are attacked almost everyday. There's something wrong with our Matriach as well. She's... becoming something else... I've been writing for too long now and I must take my leave. Please write back. Please... [right]Rhannon, Of the Maledictus Solus Clan[/right][/quote]
@PoisonFern
9669.png
The beetle handed over the letter.
Quote:
To Lynx and Rogue,

I am Rhannon, son of Fact and July. We are in fact, siblings.
I was born after you left and I'm starting to understand why you left. However, I have come across something else that you might not know.

But before that, I'll tellyou more about myself.

I want to be a Mage.

You probably now understand why I want to leave now. I'm almost certain Father was the same before I was born and he has probably given you the same treatment. Are you guys Warriors? Or are you like me, wanting to be something else? I know Fiction, who has sadly passed away from one of the many attacks, was a Warrior. Mother was as well.

It's just me, Father and Erios, our youngest brother. Father misses Mother a lot. He has been more subdued and more snappy than ever before and our poor youngest brother has been taking the brunt of it for not leaving to be a Warrior. He wants to, he'stold me, but he's scared.
Who wouldn't be, when we are attacked almost everyday.

There's something wrong with our Matriach as well.
She's... becoming something else...

I've been writing for too long now and I must take my leave.
Please write back.
Please...
Rhannon,
Of the Maledictus Solus Clan
Tiger27316-C-14-0-2-2-34.png
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/339.png[/img] A moth arrives with a letter tied to its back. [/center] [quote]Dear Rhannon, We are sorry to hear about the death of our sibling, Fiction. We had already heard about the death of Mother. Of course, we were distraught, but we have yet to pay our Father a visit. Not that we want to. It is true that we were not approved by Father -what with me, Lynx, wanting to be a healer-. Rogue, who is currently a warrior here in the Viridian Labyrinth, had tried standing up for me, but we had both been disapproved by Father. All of the rules and restrictions were too much for us to handle. So, we eventually took off. Regarding your wish to be a Mage, both Rogue and I advise you to pursue your dreams because eventually, it will be you and only you that will be living your life the way that you want it to be. We are certain that Father would disagree, but it will ultimately be your choice anyways, not his. Your Matriach... We have heard rumours from the residents at the Sunbeam Ruins about bad and unworldly things happening at the Hewn City, but we had not expected it to be true. Do tell us if there is anything threatening the peace in Hewn City as you are still our brother and we will do anything to help. Do reply to our letter soon and we will send a message in reply as well. [right]Lynx, Healer of the Evercreech clan [/right][/quote]
339.png
A moth arrives with a letter tied to its back.
Quote:
Dear Rhannon,

We are sorry to hear about the death of our sibling, Fiction. We had already heard about the death of Mother. Of course, we were distraught, but we have yet to pay our Father a visit. Not that we want to. It is true that we were not approved by Father -what with me, Lynx, wanting to be a healer-. Rogue, who is currently a warrior here in the Viridian Labyrinth, had tried standing up for me, but we had both been disapproved by Father. All of the rules and restrictions were too much for us to handle. So, we eventually took off.

Regarding your wish to be a Mage, both Rogue and I advise you to pursue your dreams because eventually, it will be you and only you that will be living your life the way that you want it to be. We are certain that Father would disagree, but it will ultimately be your choice anyways, not his.

Your Matriach... We have heard rumours from the residents at the Sunbeam Ruins about bad and unworldly things happening at the Hewn City, but we had not expected it to be true. Do tell us if there is anything threatening the peace in Hewn City as you are still our brother and we will do anything to help.

Do reply to our letter soon and we will send a message in reply as well.
Lynx,
Healer of the Evercreech clan
@PoisonFern [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/9669.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Lynx and Rogue, It has been some time since my last letter and many things have changed. Our Matriarch is now dead. Yin was deteriorating and she collapsed one day and that was that. Ender and Lavis took over but I could see that they have little hope left. Our clan has now taken a... different route. We were peaceful, and now it's chaotic and we've been 'recruiting' members and tempers are rising. Many have died and were severely injured. Do you know anything about the curse of our clan? This curse has affected us so much... I need to go, there's something going on and it doesn't sound good. [right]Rhannon Maledictus Solus Clan [/right][/quote]
@PoisonFern
9669.png
Quote:
Dear Lynx and Rogue,

It has been some time since my last letter and many things have changed.
Our Matriarch is now dead. Yin was deteriorating and she collapsed one day and that was that.
Ender and Lavis took over but I could see that they have little hope left.

Our clan has now taken a... different route. We were peaceful, and now it's chaotic and we've been 'recruiting' members and tempers are rising. Many have died and were severely injured.

Do you know anything about the curse of our clan?
This curse has affected us so much...

I need to go, there's something going on and it doesn't sound good.
Rhannon
Maledictus Solus Clan
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/339.png[/img][/center] [quote]Dear Rhannon, Unfortunately, we do not have much information on curses that involve clans that are out of our Viridian walls. The only thing we can do right now is to identify this curse and how to break it. Please, help us to gather any information at all, regarding the symptoms, causes, exposure and et cetera. We will seek help and guidance from the wise of the many clans of our Viridian Labyrinth, but there is not much we can do. We will travel to your clan in a fortnight. Inform your guards at the borders about our arrival. We want this trip to be peaceful without any fights happening. About Father, we'll see how it goes. Gather information and only ask help from those that are trustworthy. Be careful. A chaotic world is sure to bring about lies and deception. Do not let your guard down. [right]With regards, Lynx and Rogue Evercreech clan[/right][/quote]
339.png
Quote:
Dear Rhannon,

Unfortunately, we do not have much information on curses that involve clans that are out of our Viridian walls. The only thing we can do right now is to identify this curse and how to break it. Please, help us to gather any information at all, regarding the symptoms, causes, exposure and et cetera. We will seek help and guidance from the wise of the many clans of our Viridian Labyrinth, but there is not much we can do.

We will travel to your clan in a fortnight. Inform your guards at the borders about our arrival. We want this trip to be peaceful without any fights happening. About Father, we'll see how it goes.

Gather information and only ask help from those that are trustworthy. Be careful. A chaotic world is sure to bring about lies and deception. Do not let your guard down.
With regards,
Lynx and Rogue
Evercreech clan
@PoisonFern

Rhannon held the letter in his claws and read it.
He immediately folded it again and rushed to find his father. Fact was guarding the clan's perimeters along with Syne, Rhannon slowly approached him.
Fact glanced at him, but didn't acknowledge his presence. Why should he?

Rhannon placed the letter in front of him and quietly said, "Father, The Evercreech Clan is coming to visit us soon. Lynx and Rogue is a member of theirs and they offered to help us about our... curse situation."
Fact sharply turned to look at Rhannon. He snatched the letter up and read it frantically.
When he was done, he snarled and threw the letter at Rhannon with such a force that it slapped his face with a smack.
"What were you thinking? You just blurted out our secret to a bunch of no-good dragons and now two of my biggest disappointments are coming back to visit?!"
Rhannon stepped back guiltily and murmured, "They just want to help..."

Fact hissed and Syne stepped in.
"Relax, Fact. We may need some extra help, after Yin passed away..."
Fact let out a final hiss and stomped away, calling out,"Fine! Let them come! But be warned that if they step out of line, I won't let it go."

Syne sighed and patted Rhannon's side. She looked at him with a sorry smile and returned to patrolling.

"Please... Let this go smoothly..." He hoped to himself.
@PoisonFern

Rhannon held the letter in his claws and read it.
He immediately folded it again and rushed to find his father. Fact was guarding the clan's perimeters along with Syne, Rhannon slowly approached him.
Fact glanced at him, but didn't acknowledge his presence. Why should he?

Rhannon placed the letter in front of him and quietly said, "Father, The Evercreech Clan is coming to visit us soon. Lynx and Rogue is a member of theirs and they offered to help us about our... curse situation."
Fact sharply turned to look at Rhannon. He snatched the letter up and read it frantically.
When he was done, he snarled and threw the letter at Rhannon with such a force that it slapped his face with a smack.
"What were you thinking? You just blurted out our secret to a bunch of no-good dragons and now two of my biggest disappointments are coming back to visit?!"
Rhannon stepped back guiltily and murmured, "They just want to help..."

Fact hissed and Syne stepped in.
"Relax, Fact. We may need some extra help, after Yin passed away..."
Fact let out a final hiss and stomped away, calling out,"Fine! Let them come! But be warned that if they step out of line, I won't let it go."

Syne sighed and patted Rhannon's side. She looked at him with a sorry smile and returned to patrolling.

"Please... Let this go smoothly..." He hoped to himself.
Lynx and Rogue exchanged a look.

"Well, here goes nothing," Lynx stated with a hint of dread. Rogue just gave a huff as they neared the walls of the Maledictus Solus clan. They kept their guards up, whether to be prepared for hateful perimeter guards or the chaos of the clan, both were not sure. "Be ready," Rogue growled.

The male Imperial landed with a loud thud at the entry gate of the clan, Lynx hovering next to him. They looked up and searched for the perimeter guards, seeking for permission to enter the once familiar clan.

"Pathetic. The loud entrance I have made should have alerted them of our presence. What we were thieves or killers?" Rogue said loudly, partly hoping that one of the guard's might hear him.

"Relax, brother. I'm sure they have enough to deal with on their hands," Lynx said quietly, hoping not to cause her brother to be even more agitated.

"Hello? Anybody up there?" Rogue growled out in annoyance.
Lynx and Rogue exchanged a look.

"Well, here goes nothing," Lynx stated with a hint of dread. Rogue just gave a huff as they neared the walls of the Maledictus Solus clan. They kept their guards up, whether to be prepared for hateful perimeter guards or the chaos of the clan, both were not sure. "Be ready," Rogue growled.

The male Imperial landed with a loud thud at the entry gate of the clan, Lynx hovering next to him. They looked up and searched for the perimeter guards, seeking for permission to enter the once familiar clan.

"Pathetic. The loud entrance I have made should have alerted them of our presence. What we were thieves or killers?" Rogue said loudly, partly hoping that one of the guard's might hear him.

"Relax, brother. I'm sure they have enough to deal with on their hands," Lynx said quietly, hoping not to cause her brother to be even more agitated.

"Hello? Anybody up there?" Rogue growled out in annoyance.
@PoisonFern

"Hullo!~"
Syne appeared suddenly and greeted the two with a smile.
She landed in front of Rogue and gave a smirk.
"You two have grown much since last time. Last I saw you two, you were lanky lil' tweens always screaming!"

"I wouldn't worry about killers or thieves, dear Rogue."
Lavis landed beside Syne and laughed dryly. He doesn't look very well groomed, and his clothes were slightly torn.
"We've gotten rid of those a long time ago and truthfully, they were the least of our problems."

Syne gave him a disapproving look, and looked back at Rogue and Lynx warmly.
"Follow me, some of us are eager to see you again!" and she walked back to the center of the clan with Lavis behind her.

"Is it only you two who are visiting?" he asked curiously.
@PoisonFern

"Hullo!~"
Syne appeared suddenly and greeted the two with a smile.
She landed in front of Rogue and gave a smirk.
"You two have grown much since last time. Last I saw you two, you were lanky lil' tweens always screaming!"

"I wouldn't worry about killers or thieves, dear Rogue."
Lavis landed beside Syne and laughed dryly. He doesn't look very well groomed, and his clothes were slightly torn.
"We've gotten rid of those a long time ago and truthfully, they were the least of our problems."

Syne gave him a disapproving look, and looked back at Rogue and Lynx warmly.
"Follow me, some of us are eager to see you again!" and she walked back to the center of the clan with Lavis behind her.

"Is it only you two who are visiting?" he asked curiously.
Lynx immediately felt welcomed by Syne's warm hospitality. Rogue on the other hand, was still on the edge. "Thieves and killers are the least of their problems? What is actually going on here?" He kept his eyes and ears open, partly for any signs of danger or threat and partly for the one he was dreading to meet.

Lynx ignored her brother's tense form and instead focused on answering Lavis's enquiry. "No, it won't only be us. A couple of dragons are also joining us. One a Mage and another a Historian, both excellent in the field of curses and runes if given the right information," she said with what hoped to be a friendly smile. "They are on the way. They have just stopped somewhere for supplies."

Rogue looked to Lavis, tense form slowly relaxing a bit. A little bit. "So, what is this curse thing that you so desperately need help with?" He asked as they followed Syne.

Lynx flicked her brother's head with her tail and glared at him. "Don't be so rude. We can meet up with the others first. Then you can go do whatever it is you do." She then sent the Wildclaw and the Skydancer an apologetic look. "Please forgive him. He's not usually this rude."

@Cerridae
Lynx immediately felt welcomed by Syne's warm hospitality. Rogue on the other hand, was still on the edge. "Thieves and killers are the least of their problems? What is actually going on here?" He kept his eyes and ears open, partly for any signs of danger or threat and partly for the one he was dreading to meet.

Lynx ignored her brother's tense form and instead focused on answering Lavis's enquiry. "No, it won't only be us. A couple of dragons are also joining us. One a Mage and another a Historian, both excellent in the field of curses and runes if given the right information," she said with what hoped to be a friendly smile. "They are on the way. They have just stopped somewhere for supplies."

Rogue looked to Lavis, tense form slowly relaxing a bit. A little bit. "So, what is this curse thing that you so desperately need help with?" He asked as they followed Syne.

Lynx flicked her brother's head with her tail and glared at him. "Don't be so rude. We can meet up with the others first. Then you can go do whatever it is you do." She then sent the Wildclaw and the Skydancer an apologetic look. "Please forgive him. He's not usually this rude."

@Cerridae
@PoisonFern

"A Historian! I bet Ires would get along well with him! None of us are particularly well versed with books and our history so I suppose he would be looking forward to meeting them!"

Syne turned back and smiled back.
As a reply to Rogue's question, Lavis dryly told him without looking back,
"We'll explain everything later when we reach the heart of our camping spot and when your other friends arrive, we don't have much time and patience to repeat it more than once."
Syne side glared at him but he ignored it.

"Very much like your father, aren't you?" he offhandedly murmured, just loud enough for the four of them to hear.

Before Syne could launch a full-on motherly lecture, he gestured to a large canopy in the middle of the base that they had stopped in front of.
"The heart is inside. Most of our members are waiting in there already. I have to warn you, since you have left, there have been many fatalities. You may not see many familiar faces but you will see a large number of strangers. Who also have questionable moralities and choices in life."

Syne pushed Lavis out of the way with a distasteful frown, and he pushed open the flap and entered. Syne smiled apologetically and gestured to them to enter.
@PoisonFern

"A Historian! I bet Ires would get along well with him! None of us are particularly well versed with books and our history so I suppose he would be looking forward to meeting them!"

Syne turned back and smiled back.
As a reply to Rogue's question, Lavis dryly told him without looking back,
"We'll explain everything later when we reach the heart of our camping spot and when your other friends arrive, we don't have much time and patience to repeat it more than once."
Syne side glared at him but he ignored it.

"Very much like your father, aren't you?" he offhandedly murmured, just loud enough for the four of them to hear.

Before Syne could launch a full-on motherly lecture, he gestured to a large canopy in the middle of the base that they had stopped in front of.
"The heart is inside. Most of our members are waiting in there already. I have to warn you, since you have left, there have been many fatalities. You may not see many familiar faces but you will see a large number of strangers. Who also have questionable moralities and choices in life."

Syne pushed Lavis out of the way with a distasteful frown, and he pushed open the flap and entered. Syne smiled apologetically and gestured to them to enter.
@Cerridae

The two Imperials exchanged a glance. Before Rogue could make the grand entrance though, Lynx nudged him roughly and glared at him. "Could you stop antagonizing them? Geez. Remember that we were the ones who volunteered to help them with this, whatever this is. I thought you already left your immature days behind," she whispered angrily, not wanting Syne to hear.

Rogue growled and nudged her back. "You were the one who volunteered, remember? I had no say in that decision."

The female gave a disapproving frown. "But your here anyway, so just deal with it."

She threw a polite smile at Syne, then went through the flap. Rogue went in and was about to continue his spat with his sister, but paused before he could do so.

The siblings were known for their differences and misunderstandings, but at that moment, they couldn't be more alike. Simultaneously, the two dragons drew a sharp intake of breath. Their eyes grew wide and their tails flicked around in discomfort.

They had expected to see many dragons, that was certain. But when the Skydancer said that there were going to be many strangers, he was not exaggerating in the slightest.

They could only recognise a ratio of 3 out of 10 of the many dragons that stood before them. They stared and the dragons stared back. It was immensely different from the scene that they remembered when they were tweens. There's Chess...and Ender...and is that Hornwort? She looks so different! Lynx noted.

As she begun to be aware of the number of eyes on them, she started to shy away from the attention. Rogue however, stood tall and looked for someone in particular. Where's-
@Cerridae

The two Imperials exchanged a glance. Before Rogue could make the grand entrance though, Lynx nudged him roughly and glared at him. "Could you stop antagonizing them? Geez. Remember that we were the ones who volunteered to help them with this, whatever this is. I thought you already left your immature days behind," she whispered angrily, not wanting Syne to hear.

Rogue growled and nudged her back. "You were the one who volunteered, remember? I had no say in that decision."

The female gave a disapproving frown. "But your here anyway, so just deal with it."

She threw a polite smile at Syne, then went through the flap. Rogue went in and was about to continue his spat with his sister, but paused before he could do so.

The siblings were known for their differences and misunderstandings, but at that moment, they couldn't be more alike. Simultaneously, the two dragons drew a sharp intake of breath. Their eyes grew wide and their tails flicked around in discomfort.

They had expected to see many dragons, that was certain. But when the Skydancer said that there were going to be many strangers, he was not exaggerating in the slightest.

They could only recognise a ratio of 3 out of 10 of the many dragons that stood before them. They stared and the dragons stared back. It was immensely different from the scene that they remembered when they were tweens. There's Chess...and Ender...and is that Hornwort? She looks so different! Lynx noted.

As she begun to be aware of the number of eyes on them, she started to shy away from the attention. Rogue however, stood tall and looked for someone in particular. Where's-
1 2