Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with wtfbruh {The Beginning}
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@wtfbruh ((yeah omg im so glad that isn't a thing))

Midnight hummed, watching her son for a moment. "I am indeed very proud. He handles the patrols and trading of items between our clan and others. He tried alchemy, but he's a bit clumsy at best so he found it wasn't his forte." She chuckled a bit. "Your old leader sounds like a wise dragon, and the Guardian certainly seems like he has a knack for raising hatchlings. It certainly is interesting to see the same traits in different dragons. You remind me of a Fae from my original clan, before I became a permanent resident here."

Yan laughed, watching Hastings for a minute before rising from his spot, stretching his back legs. "I only hope he didn't drive you and your companions halfway to madness while you were traveling." He looked over the camp for a minute, seemingly pleased with what he saw, and turned to Brave. "I can show you our hunting grounds first. Would you like to bring any of your others along?"
@wtfbruh ((yeah omg im so glad that isn't a thing))

Midnight hummed, watching her son for a moment. "I am indeed very proud. He handles the patrols and trading of items between our clan and others. He tried alchemy, but he's a bit clumsy at best so he found it wasn't his forte." She chuckled a bit. "Your old leader sounds like a wise dragon, and the Guardian certainly seems like he has a knack for raising hatchlings. It certainly is interesting to see the same traits in different dragons. You remind me of a Fae from my original clan, before I became a permanent resident here."

Yan laughed, watching Hastings for a minute before rising from his spot, stretching his back legs. "I only hope he didn't drive you and your companions halfway to madness while you were traveling." He looked over the camp for a minute, seemingly pleased with what he saw, and turned to Brave. "I can show you our hunting grounds first. Would you like to bring any of your others along?"
takfb5.png
@ShimaM ((literally all of my treasure goes to buying lair space so i can finally hatch nests again, but then i get too attached to the dragons i hatch and have to keep some of them, and then i have to buy more space to hatch my nests and etc))

"Oh, he works in trade, hm? Do you regularly trade with other clans? That is certainly an unusual endeavor where I come from. Most of our trade was hauling in stone and metal for use as building materials. Does that mean you have friendly relations with your neighboring clans? There didn't seem to be too many of them in this area, at least compared to my home." Hastings turned from Midnight's son back to her. "And I remind you of someone, you say? What did this Fae do in your old clan, if you don't mind my asking?"

Brave rose beside him with a snort. "Hastings certainly did his damnedest. I'll let my companions rest for now. I look forward to seeing more of your territory. I have never been outside my home forests until now. These lands are quite fascinating. Much more rock than I am used to."
@ShimaM ((literally all of my treasure goes to buying lair space so i can finally hatch nests again, but then i get too attached to the dragons i hatch and have to keep some of them, and then i have to buy more space to hatch my nests and etc))

"Oh, he works in trade, hm? Do you regularly trade with other clans? That is certainly an unusual endeavor where I come from. Most of our trade was hauling in stone and metal for use as building materials. Does that mean you have friendly relations with your neighboring clans? There didn't seem to be too many of them in this area, at least compared to my home." Hastings turned from Midnight's son back to her. "And I remind you of someone, you say? What did this Fae do in your old clan, if you don't mind my asking?"

Brave rose beside him with a snort. "Hastings certainly did his damnedest. I'll let my companions rest for now. I look forward to seeing more of your territory. I have never been outside my home forests until now. These lands are quite fascinating. Much more rock than I am used to."
tumblr_otqoiuT4IQ1v8lm95o3_100.giftumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.giftumblr_otqoiuT4IQ1v8lm95o1_100.gif
@wtfbruh ((I get that completely omg I have to play fairgrounds all day to get half of what I need to expand, then when I expand I just buy more dragons))

"We trade with the clans whenever the need arises, which isn't very often. We do have good relations with the few around here. We often run into them while on patrols and chat for a while, making sure no rogue dragons have attacked." She smiled when he looked at her, nodding. "You do remind me of him. He was our strategist. Brightest dragon I had ever met, and he was a great conversationalist, like yourself."

Yan chuckled. "It was a big change for me too, I was used to ice and snow. We have a field and river this way," he said, beginning to lead. "The field is singed in some parts, but its still good gathering and hunting grounds."
@wtfbruh ((I get that completely omg I have to play fairgrounds all day to get half of what I need to expand, then when I expand I just buy more dragons))

"We trade with the clans whenever the need arises, which isn't very often. We do have good relations with the few around here. We often run into them while on patrols and chat for a while, making sure no rogue dragons have attacked." She smiled when he looked at her, nodding. "You do remind me of him. He was our strategist. Brightest dragon I had ever met, and he was a great conversationalist, like yourself."

Yan chuckled. "It was a big change for me too, I was used to ice and snow. We have a field and river this way," he said, beginning to lead. "The field is singed in some parts, but its still good gathering and hunting grounds."
takfb5.png
@ShimaM ((oh my god i sat here all weekend like an idiot thinking wonder what happened to shima but its actually my turn to reply i am sorry))

"Mm, need-based, yes. That makes sense. Always good to have dependable neighbors. And what, if I may ask, did your friend do in your old clan? What was his occupation?"

"Really? It certainly looks sparse compared to what I'm used to. Although, we did have surprisingly successful hunting on our way into the territory." Brave strode alongside Yan, surveying the land with alert eyes, attentive to every detail and movement. "I must say your grounds are quite attractive, in an odd sort of sense. Remarkable, the amount of vibrancy a scarred land can harbor. Out of the ashes springs life anew, as they say."

Back in the camp, Hannibal poked his head from his den, peering cautiously around. When he was sure no one was watching, he discreetly dropped from the den and darted out of the lair, keeping quiet and to the shadows.
@ShimaM ((oh my god i sat here all weekend like an idiot thinking wonder what happened to shima but its actually my turn to reply i am sorry))

"Mm, need-based, yes. That makes sense. Always good to have dependable neighbors. And what, if I may ask, did your friend do in your old clan? What was his occupation?"

"Really? It certainly looks sparse compared to what I'm used to. Although, we did have surprisingly successful hunting on our way into the territory." Brave strode alongside Yan, surveying the land with alert eyes, attentive to every detail and movement. "I must say your grounds are quite attractive, in an odd sort of sense. Remarkable, the amount of vibrancy a scarred land can harbor. Out of the ashes springs life anew, as they say."

Back in the camp, Hannibal poked his head from his den, peering cautiously around. When he was sure no one was watching, he discreetly dropped from the den and darted out of the lair, keeping quiet and to the shadows.
tumblr_otqoiuT4IQ1v8lm95o3_100.giftumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.giftumblr_otqoiuT4IQ1v8lm95o1_100.gif
@wtfbruh ((omg its totally okay i just assumed you were busy XD))

"He made strategies for upcoming battles, though we preferred to make amends verbally rather than aggressively. He was also a very good ambassador for battle."

Yan nodded, smiling. "That's true, I suppose. It certainly pleases the gatherers and alchemists, having this amount of vibrancy. I was quite surprised myself when I went around to establish boundaries. What was your old camp like? I can only imagine it was quite green."

Quite a few dragons were out, some stretched out and letting the sun warm their scales, others talking, others working and eating. Quite a few females were with their hatchlings, and Ameretat, near where Hannibal had been, was seemingly explaining to a two dragons that there were guests and to be nice. Her tone seemed almost motherly, and a Nocturne with a wolf pelt over her head rolled her violet eyes.

"Mom, you know we will, there's no need to be so worried. If anything, you should be worried about Dad. You know how he doesn't like dealing with others." The green dragon pointed with her tail to a brown Skydancer with leather armor. Ameretat seemingly winced, mumbling something under her breath. She shook her head, addressing the two dragons in front of her.

"Just- Be welcoming, okay?" The Skydancer and Nocturne in front of her nodded, watching as she walked away, steps hesitant like they usually were.
@wtfbruh ((omg its totally okay i just assumed you were busy XD))

"He made strategies for upcoming battles, though we preferred to make amends verbally rather than aggressively. He was also a very good ambassador for battle."

Yan nodded, smiling. "That's true, I suppose. It certainly pleases the gatherers and alchemists, having this amount of vibrancy. I was quite surprised myself when I went around to establish boundaries. What was your old camp like? I can only imagine it was quite green."

Quite a few dragons were out, some stretched out and letting the sun warm their scales, others talking, others working and eating. Quite a few females were with their hatchlings, and Ameretat, near where Hannibal had been, was seemingly explaining to a two dragons that there were guests and to be nice. Her tone seemed almost motherly, and a Nocturne with a wolf pelt over her head rolled her violet eyes.

"Mom, you know we will, there's no need to be so worried. If anything, you should be worried about Dad. You know how he doesn't like dealing with others." The green dragon pointed with her tail to a brown Skydancer with leather armor. Ameretat seemingly winced, mumbling something under her breath. She shook her head, addressing the two dragons in front of her.

"Just- Be welcoming, okay?" The Skydancer and Nocturne in front of her nodded, watching as she walked away, steps hesitant like they usually were.
takfb5.png
@ShimaM

"He sounds like an interesting Fae. Well, it was nice meeting you, Miss Midnight. I'd better be off if I want to meet every dragon by sundown!" He chuckled and gave her a formal little bow, then turned back to Darrell. "Lead the way to more friends, good sir!"

"Very good. My home, yes, is much greener. The camp is in a deep ravine, impossible to attack by air or on foot. The trees are ancient and mossy, the air is damp and always cool. On the forest floor there is enough ground cover to hide even the largest dragon, and one can fly through the canopy of the trees unseen from sky or land. The rivers and streams are clear and always full of fish." Longing crept into her voice as she spoke, and her gaze grew distant, looking into the imagined memories of her home. "Every fiber of my being is tied to that place. I could never leave like you have, for me it would be the deepest betrayal. But just as I can't imagine living somewhere else, I cannot imagine living within the Icewarden's realm. What was it like to live there? I can't fathom standing in snow the majority of the year."
@ShimaM

"He sounds like an interesting Fae. Well, it was nice meeting you, Miss Midnight. I'd better be off if I want to meet every dragon by sundown!" He chuckled and gave her a formal little bow, then turned back to Darrell. "Lead the way to more friends, good sir!"

"Very good. My home, yes, is much greener. The camp is in a deep ravine, impossible to attack by air or on foot. The trees are ancient and mossy, the air is damp and always cool. On the forest floor there is enough ground cover to hide even the largest dragon, and one can fly through the canopy of the trees unseen from sky or land. The rivers and streams are clear and always full of fish." Longing crept into her voice as she spoke, and her gaze grew distant, looking into the imagined memories of her home. "Every fiber of my being is tied to that place. I could never leave like you have, for me it would be the deepest betrayal. But just as I can't imagine living somewhere else, I cannot imagine living within the Icewarden's realm. What was it like to live there? I can't fathom standing in snow the majority of the year."
@wtfbruh

Midnight returned the bow, turning back to watch the hatchlings. Darrell nodded, spotting Ameretat passing. "Ameretat, wh-where are Pilvi and M-Marian?" The Nocturne nodded over her shoulder.

"That way, somewhere. I don't think you could miss Pilvi, she's told me she recently started wearing a wolf skin hood." Darrell nodded, saying his goodbyes and beginning to lead the way.

"A-Ameretat's children are hunters and gatherers, h-her son being the best clothier and leatherworker in the c-clan. He m-makes the apparell and armor wh-whenever someone in the clan a-asks for it," he explained.

Yan let out a huff of breath, a small smile creeping onto his face as his tour brought them to the river. Lines of lava could be seen at the bottom, illuminating the water orange. Flashes of scales could be seen as he walked alongside it. "It is always cold, very cold, but after a while you grow used to it. So used to it, in fact, that other temperatures seem far too warm. The snow can be sleet whenever you step down, so it takes a while to learn how to travel quickly, and you rely greatly on your hearing and smell whenever the snow picks up. When you learn how to deal with all of that, it becomes a gift to have such frequent clouds of snow to hide you from those above, and when it snows, it's good to sneak up on intruders from other Flights. It can be quite harsh sometimes, but it tends to be very beautiful, the sun glinting off of the snow, the white powder painting everything a pure white." He sighed, a soft smile appearing. "Your home sounds quite nice, it must be easy to hunt with all of the shadows from the canopy."
@wtfbruh

Midnight returned the bow, turning back to watch the hatchlings. Darrell nodded, spotting Ameretat passing. "Ameretat, wh-where are Pilvi and M-Marian?" The Nocturne nodded over her shoulder.

"That way, somewhere. I don't think you could miss Pilvi, she's told me she recently started wearing a wolf skin hood." Darrell nodded, saying his goodbyes and beginning to lead the way.

"A-Ameretat's children are hunters and gatherers, h-her son being the best clothier and leatherworker in the c-clan. He m-makes the apparell and armor wh-whenever someone in the clan a-asks for it," he explained.

Yan let out a huff of breath, a small smile creeping onto his face as his tour brought them to the river. Lines of lava could be seen at the bottom, illuminating the water orange. Flashes of scales could be seen as he walked alongside it. "It is always cold, very cold, but after a while you grow used to it. So used to it, in fact, that other temperatures seem far too warm. The snow can be sleet whenever you step down, so it takes a while to learn how to travel quickly, and you rely greatly on your hearing and smell whenever the snow picks up. When you learn how to deal with all of that, it becomes a gift to have such frequent clouds of snow to hide you from those above, and when it snows, it's good to sneak up on intruders from other Flights. It can be quite harsh sometimes, but it tends to be very beautiful, the sun glinting off of the snow, the white powder painting everything a pure white." He sighed, a soft smile appearing. "Your home sounds quite nice, it must be easy to hunt with all of the shadows from the canopy."
takfb5.png
@ShimaM

Hastings hopped along beside Darrell, smiling at any dragon who happened to look in their direction. "A clothier! Now that's interesting, something we don't have back home. I have noticed that many of your members seem to be dressed for aesthetic purposes as well as functional. That is somewhat unusual where I come from. It really brightens up the place!"

Brave stared into the river without really seeing it, imagining instead blankets of cold white snow. "Hmph. Snow smothers and suffocated. Its a wonder a dragon can hear or smell at all. It provides glaring evidence of all who have passed that way, and only those with the lightest hides can ever hope to have a chance at not being spotted a mile away when it's clear. I can't fathom living there. I'd rather not lose my toes, either."
@ShimaM

Hastings hopped along beside Darrell, smiling at any dragon who happened to look in their direction. "A clothier! Now that's interesting, something we don't have back home. I have noticed that many of your members seem to be dressed for aesthetic purposes as well as functional. That is somewhat unusual where I come from. It really brightens up the place!"

Brave stared into the river without really seeing it, imagining instead blankets of cold white snow. "Hmph. Snow smothers and suffocated. Its a wonder a dragon can hear or smell at all. It provides glaring evidence of all who have passed that way, and only those with the lightest hides can ever hope to have a chance at not being spotted a mile away when it's clear. I can't fathom living there. I'd rather not lose my toes, either."
@wtfbruh Darrell nodded, smiling a bit. "We d-didn't before, b-but when M-Marian came along and started g-giving apparel as gifts, w-we all just went w-with it. It made him happy, a-and we weren't going to take th-that from him." He spotted the two, calling out to them. They simultaneously turned their heads. The Nocturne grinned widely from under her wolf pelt while her brother retained a more calm expression. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9508061] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/95081/9508061_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9508060] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/95081/9508060_350.png[/img] [/url] "Darrell! Alway a pleasant sight. Who is this?" she asked, tilting her head, the Skydancer mimicking her. Yan chuckled, simply saying, "You pick up tricks when you live there. Now that I live here, it's very difficult to imagine living back there, I don't think I would retain the same grace that I once had." He looked around the area as he walked, humming when he saw the training grounds. "This flat area up ahead is where we train our warriors and guards. It seems like there's training going on now, if you'd like to stop and watch."
@wtfbruh

Darrell nodded, smiling a bit. "We d-didn't before, b-but when M-Marian came along and started g-giving apparel as gifts, w-we all just went w-with it. It made him happy, a-and we weren't going to take th-that from him." He spotted the two, calling out to them. They simultaneously turned their heads. The Nocturne grinned widely from under her wolf pelt while her brother retained a more calm expression.

9508061_350.png

9508060_350.png

"Darrell! Alway a pleasant sight. Who is this?" she asked, tilting her head, the Skydancer mimicking her.

Yan chuckled, simply saying, "You pick up tricks when you live there. Now that I live here, it's very difficult to imagine living back there, I don't think I would retain the same grace that I once had." He looked around the area as he walked, humming when he saw the training grounds. "This flat area up ahead is where we train our warriors and guards. It seems like there's training going on now, if you'd like to stop and watch."
takfb5.png
@ShimaM

Hastings bowed cordially. "Greetings, my name is Hastings. I and several of my clanmates have been very graciously allowed to stay with your clan for a short while. Your friend here is helping me meet dragons and learn a little more about your clan. You all are quite welcoming, I'd say!"

"And how often did you find your smaller clanmates frozen solid up there?" Brave shivered at the though. "I would love to observe your training methods, I have never seen the fighting techniques of dragons this far from home. It will be interesting to see if much is different. How do you choose your trainers?"
@ShimaM

Hastings bowed cordially. "Greetings, my name is Hastings. I and several of my clanmates have been very graciously allowed to stay with your clan for a short while. Your friend here is helping me meet dragons and learn a little more about your clan. You all are quite welcoming, I'd say!"

"And how often did you find your smaller clanmates frozen solid up there?" Brave shivered at the though. "I would love to observe your training methods, I have never seen the fighting techniques of dragons this far from home. It will be interesting to see if much is different. How do you choose your trainers?"
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14