Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [closed; unable to delete]
1 2
@IntelligentWolf

It was just another day at the park; birds were singing, flowers were blooming, and at least a hundred cubs and adults were on their phones while hunting for Pokemon. Yes, the once lazy park that normally only got attention from the elderly was soon populated with furries of all ages trying their hand at catching them all.

Enter: Xed, your average dog that would go to great lengths to get what he wants. That day was no different, as he found that a Clefairy was up high in an old oak tree. Seeing as he hadn't caught one of those yet, he quickly scrambled his unfit little tush up the branches, and began flinging Pokeballs at it. Little did Xed know that the branch he was on was rather thin, and before long, he felt down the tree. Luckily, another set of branches caught him by his ankle just before his life flashed before his eyes.

After that, the only thing Xed had to worry about was another dog running at him while weaving through children.
@IntelligentWolf

It was just another day at the park; birds were singing, flowers were blooming, and at least a hundred cubs and adults were on their phones while hunting for Pokemon. Yes, the once lazy park that normally only got attention from the elderly was soon populated with furries of all ages trying their hand at catching them all.

Enter: Xed, your average dog that would go to great lengths to get what he wants. That day was no different, as he found that a Clefairy was up high in an old oak tree. Seeing as he hadn't caught one of those yet, he quickly scrambled his unfit little tush up the branches, and began flinging Pokeballs at it. Little did Xed know that the branch he was on was rather thin, and before long, he felt down the tree. Luckily, another set of branches caught him by his ankle just before his life flashed before his eyes.

After that, the only thing Xed had to worry about was another dog running at him while weaving through children.
vita incerta, mors quaedam
@DiabolikWyvrn

Connor put his wireless earbuds into his ears and opened Pokemon Go on his phone. He tapped his foot as he waited for the app to load, looking around at the little ones running around after pokemon. He chuckled as a tiger cub almost ran into his leg before dodging, yelling, "I found a Pikachu!" The black and silver German Shepherd scratched at his ear before checking the app again, noticing that the loading music finally stopped.

He tapped a few of the buttons on the app to check if he had any eggs that needed hatching and sure enough he did. He put them into any spare incubators he had, and caught a Pidgey that was just sitting next to him before putting the phone into his pocket. Connor sighed, he always caught pidgeys. He bounced a little in place before running.

He made sure to not run through the forming ice cream lines and nodded at the poor seniors who were confused as to why there were so many in the parks today. He chuckled as a couple of kids ran in his direction, slightly distracted before looking up to see a dog upside down in his path! He kicked up some dirt as he slowed down, coming to a stop just behind him. He was panting like crazy, thankful there was a slight breeze as he walked back over to face him.

"You look like you could use some help." He crossed his arms and nodded with his head to where the other dog's foot was caught.
@DiabolikWyvrn

Connor put his wireless earbuds into his ears and opened Pokemon Go on his phone. He tapped his foot as he waited for the app to load, looking around at the little ones running around after pokemon. He chuckled as a tiger cub almost ran into his leg before dodging, yelling, "I found a Pikachu!" The black and silver German Shepherd scratched at his ear before checking the app again, noticing that the loading music finally stopped.

He tapped a few of the buttons on the app to check if he had any eggs that needed hatching and sure enough he did. He put them into any spare incubators he had, and caught a Pidgey that was just sitting next to him before putting the phone into his pocket. Connor sighed, he always caught pidgeys. He bounced a little in place before running.

He made sure to not run through the forming ice cream lines and nodded at the poor seniors who were confused as to why there were so many in the parks today. He chuckled as a couple of kids ran in his direction, slightly distracted before looking up to see a dog upside down in his path! He kicked up some dirt as he slowed down, coming to a stop just behind him. He was panting like crazy, thankful there was a slight breeze as he walked back over to face him.

"You look like you could use some help." He crossed his arms and nodded with his head to where the other dog's foot was caught.
@IntelligentWolf

Xed's ears twitched to the unfamiliar voice that seemed to be directed towards him. It was the dog he saw from before, and now that he was up close, he could see that it was a rather tired looking silver German Shepherd.

"Me? Needing help? Pfft." Xed looked at his own phone and noticed that he was still able to catch the Clefairy. Sadly, he was out of Pokeballs. "Ah, heck," he sighed and looked up at the stranger, "Maybe I could use a little assistance getting down. Help a guy out?"

Xed tried to wiggle his leg free, but to no avail. He was stuck in place, and the only was to get him down was to either break the branch, or have another person pull his foot out.
@IntelligentWolf

Xed's ears twitched to the unfamiliar voice that seemed to be directed towards him. It was the dog he saw from before, and now that he was up close, he could see that it was a rather tired looking silver German Shepherd.

"Me? Needing help? Pfft." Xed looked at his own phone and noticed that he was still able to catch the Clefairy. Sadly, he was out of Pokeballs. "Ah, heck," he sighed and looked up at the stranger, "Maybe I could use a little assistance getting down. Help a guy out?"

Xed tried to wiggle his leg free, but to no avail. He was stuck in place, and the only was to get him down was to either break the branch, or have another person pull his foot out.
@DiabolikWyvrn

Connor chuckled as he looked up at the foot stuck in the branch, "Stop wiggling and brace yourself, this might hurt." He walked over to the tree and climbed up to where the other's foot was stuck, "I'm Connor, by the way." He tilted his head as he looked at the foot, gently prying it out of the branch.

"So why were you in the tree in the first place?" He hopped back down from the tree, seeing a group of teenagers walk by, heads down in their phones. His own phone buzzed but he ignored it as he moved to see if the other needed help getting up.
@DiabolikWyvrn

Connor chuckled as he looked up at the foot stuck in the branch, "Stop wiggling and brace yourself, this might hurt." He walked over to the tree and climbed up to where the other's foot was stuck, "I'm Connor, by the way." He tilted his head as he looked at the foot, gently prying it out of the branch.

"So why were you in the tree in the first place?" He hopped back down from the tree, seeing a group of teenagers walk by, heads down in their phones. His own phone buzzed but he ignored it as he moved to see if the other needed help getting up.
@IntelligentWolf

Xed felt a little embarrassed by the fact that he actually needed help from a stranger. It really wasn't something that normally happened to him. "Nice to meet ya. M'name's Xed."

As his foot was freed, Xed soon found himself face-down on the ground and out of breath. Although there was grass beneath him, the hard soil wasn't made any more soft because of it. "I was, uh... trying to catch a Pokemon," Xed admitted quietly. "I didn't know they could appear in trees."
@IntelligentWolf

Xed felt a little embarrassed by the fact that he actually needed help from a stranger. It really wasn't something that normally happened to him. "Nice to meet ya. M'name's Xed."

As his foot was freed, Xed soon found himself face-down on the ground and out of breath. Although there was grass beneath him, the hard soil wasn't made any more soft because of it. "I was, uh... trying to catch a Pokemon," Xed admitted quietly. "I didn't know they could appear in trees."
@DiabolikWyvrn

Connor tilted his head in confusion, "Pokemon are in trees now? When did that happen?" He looked at his phone after another vibration from Pokemon Go and saw a Clefairy on the ground... actually it was on top of the other male! He chuckled and took a picture before tossing a couple pokeballs at it until he caught it. He found the photo and turned the phone towards Xed, "Nice to meet you Xed. It looks like our little friend bested you." He chuckled. "I hope your foot's okay. And sorry about... well kind of dropping you to get you out of there." He scratched the back of his neck.
@DiabolikWyvrn

Connor tilted his head in confusion, "Pokemon are in trees now? When did that happen?" He looked at his phone after another vibration from Pokemon Go and saw a Clefairy on the ground... actually it was on top of the other male! He chuckled and took a picture before tossing a couple pokeballs at it until he caught it. He found the photo and turned the phone towards Xed, "Nice to meet you Xed. It looks like our little friend bested you." He chuckled. "I hope your foot's okay. And sorry about... well kind of dropping you to get you out of there." He scratched the back of his neck.
@IntelligentWolf

Xed let out an exaggerated groan at the sight of the caught Clefairy. "Uuuugghh... I almost had it, man." He stood up and brushed the dirt off his black T-shirt and plain jeans. Thankfully, the fall left both him and his clothing unscathed. He stuck out his once caught foot and wiggled his toes around. "Mmm... it's a little sore. It's alright though." Xed did his best to smile despite the fact that he was unreasonably salty that his Clefairy was caught by some random dude. "I'm just glad that there's another guy that isn't like, ten, is playing PoGo."

((I'm gonna be gone for a while. I'll reply when I get back, OK?))
@IntelligentWolf

Xed let out an exaggerated groan at the sight of the caught Clefairy. "Uuuugghh... I almost had it, man." He stood up and brushed the dirt off his black T-shirt and plain jeans. Thankfully, the fall left both him and his clothing unscathed. He stuck out his once caught foot and wiggled his toes around. "Mmm... it's a little sore. It's alright though." Xed did his best to smile despite the fact that he was unreasonably salty that his Clefairy was caught by some random dude. "I'm just glad that there's another guy that isn't like, ten, is playing PoGo."

((I'm gonna be gone for a while. I'll reply when I get back, OK?))
@DiabolikWyvrn

Connor smiled shyly, "Sorry, couldn't help myself. You found it first, so if I find one or the developers put in a trading system, they're all your's." He scratched the back of his leg with one of his feet, watching as the other dusted themselves off, "I know! I'm glad that kids are outside playing, but at the same time it's strange since this time last year they'd all be either inside or sitting in the shade." He looked around at the parents standing by as their children played, "But it's also nice to not be the lone 20-something playing as well." He smiled.

((OK, I just got back from a walk (got a Magnemite from an egg :P) so this reply will be waiting for you!))
@DiabolikWyvrn

Connor smiled shyly, "Sorry, couldn't help myself. You found it first, so if I find one or the developers put in a trading system, they're all your's." He scratched the back of his leg with one of his feet, watching as the other dusted themselves off, "I know! I'm glad that kids are outside playing, but at the same time it's strange since this time last year they'd all be either inside or sitting in the shade." He looked around at the parents standing by as their children played, "But it's also nice to not be the lone 20-something playing as well." He smiled.

((OK, I just got back from a walk (got a Magnemite from an egg :P) so this reply will be waiting for you!))
@IntelligentWolf

Xed nodded and attempted to place his foot on the ground to stand normally, but this was met by a shooting pain that went up his leg. In order to compensate for this, he simply leaned back on the tree that once held him captive. "Nah, you can keep it. You caught it fair and square, after all."

A small ice cream cart with a flock of children surrounding it was soon within Xed's peripherals, and his first instinct was to run over to it and buy all the cinnamon swirls that he could carry. Alas, his newly injured foot prevented him from doing such a thing, and so all he could do was whimper like a spoiled child.
@IntelligentWolf

Xed nodded and attempted to place his foot on the ground to stand normally, but this was met by a shooting pain that went up his leg. In order to compensate for this, he simply leaned back on the tree that once held him captive. "Nah, you can keep it. You caught it fair and square, after all."

A small ice cream cart with a flock of children surrounding it was soon within Xed's peripherals, and his first instinct was to run over to it and buy all the cinnamon swirls that he could carry. Alas, his newly injured foot prevented him from doing such a thing, and so all he could do was whimper like a spoiled child.
@DiabolikWyvrn

Connor's ears dropped a little when he saw Xed lean against the tree after trying to stand on his foot, "Are you sure you're okay?" He tugged at the hem of his blue athletic shirt. His ears flew back to attention and looked up when he heard squeals of delight and saw a small cheetah run by with her ice cream. He heard Xed whimper and pointed at the cart, "Want anything?"

He felt like after the day they both had some time in the shade and some sugar would do them good. And it'd help Xed keep off that foot, at least for a little bit.
@DiabolikWyvrn

Connor's ears dropped a little when he saw Xed lean against the tree after trying to stand on his foot, "Are you sure you're okay?" He tugged at the hem of his blue athletic shirt. His ears flew back to attention and looked up when he heard squeals of delight and saw a small cheetah run by with her ice cream. He heard Xed whimper and pointed at the cart, "Want anything?"

He felt like after the day they both had some time in the shade and some sugar would do them good. And it'd help Xed keep off that foot, at least for a little bit.
1 2