Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [LF] Roleplay Partner(s)
Hi. I'm Mal, and I'm currently looking for a roleplay partner or two.

Some things you ought to know about me before considering;
I'm decently choosy. Not necessarily picky, but rather close.
I'm currently twenty four and prefer to roleplay with people around my age group or older. Not that this means any hanky panky or the like will occur in said roleplays, but nonetheless.
[color=#1a1a1aI prefer to roleplay over Google Docs, Threads, or Skype if necessary.[/color]
I prefer OOC to be over Skype, as that is easier for me to keep track of for the most part.
I work from 4pmct to 2amct (sometimes later) Daily, and I remain awake until about 6amct. (CT stands for Central Time, or +2 hours from FR time.)
--This means that I am Nocturnal and I can only post two to three times a week.
I'm not sure how people classify 'levels' any more, as I've been out of practice for a while now. I was once considered elite, but I'm assuming that's changed? Just know that I can dish out anywhere between 1000 - 8000 words a post depending on how many characters I have control over, and how inspired I am.
That being said, I do not require any length from my partner. I prefer quality over quantity, strongly. All I ask is that you know how to spell, that you use proper grammar/capitalization/punctuation, and that you can keep the plot going with me.

To reach me: You may post here, PM me on FR, or message me on skype at mal-defekt .

Table of contents
Introduction&Contact info
Plots&Pairs
Reserved
Reserved
Hi. I'm Mal, and I'm currently looking for a roleplay partner or two.

Some things you ought to know about me before considering;
I'm decently choosy. Not necessarily picky, but rather close.
I'm currently twenty four and prefer to roleplay with people around my age group or older. Not that this means any hanky panky or the like will occur in said roleplays, but nonetheless.
[color=#1a1a1aI prefer to roleplay over Google Docs, Threads, or Skype if necessary.[/color]
I prefer OOC to be over Skype, as that is easier for me to keep track of for the most part.
I work from 4pmct to 2amct (sometimes later) Daily, and I remain awake until about 6amct. (CT stands for Central Time, or +2 hours from FR time.)
--This means that I am Nocturnal and I can only post two to three times a week.
I'm not sure how people classify 'levels' any more, as I've been out of practice for a while now. I was once considered elite, but I'm assuming that's changed? Just know that I can dish out anywhere between 1000 - 8000 words a post depending on how many characters I have control over, and how inspired I am.
That being said, I do not require any length from my partner. I prefer quality over quantity, strongly. All I ask is that you know how to spell, that you use proper grammar/capitalization/punctuation, and that you can keep the plot going with me.

To reach me: You may post here, PM me on FR, or message me on skype at mal-defekt .

Table of contents
Introduction&Contact info
Plots&Pairs
Reserved
Reserved
Currently: Working on Profit Gain and Familiar Collecting.

Familiars Needed
These are the general pairings, fandoms and interests I have, and have the ability to play.
--- I am also open to many other ideas. These are just the first to come to mind. Also, almost any pairing within a fandom is acceptable, except for OCxCanon. I refuse.
Fandoms
---Black Butler - I typically play Sebastian.*
---Princess Tutu - I can play Fakir or Mytho, though I prefer the former.
---No. 6 - I can play Shion or Rat (Nezumi), I have little to no preference.
---Digimon - OC's only
---Pokemon - Oc's only
Original Plots:
Cirque Du L'ombre -- A vaguely pre-established setting I've been using for quite some time. Bonus! May become a web comic, and your character may be featured! This one comes with quite the array of characters to interact with, as well as twists and turns, dark magic, the taboo, and nightmare fuel. (Not to mention Raw, intense emotional moments.)
Your character has found their way into a rather grim looking circus that operates primarily under the cover of night. What events come to pass within the gates change both how your character views the world, and how the world views your character. No longer are you one of the outsiders, you belong with us, now.

[more plots to be added later :| ]
Original Characters
These, for now, are really, -really- basic, and an incomplete list. + means I have 3D models for them!
Jonathan Anderson - 32, Business man, Cold, Aloof, Rich. Modern setting, Non-Fantasy.
Ivan Konstantin - ??, Vampire**, Outgoing, Party Child, Drunk. Any Setting, Fantasy.
+Kuruk - 34, Ursathrope, Quiet, Protective, Woodsman. Any setting, Fantasy.
Joey 'Val' Valentino - 29, Mafia Don, Cocky, Teasing, Violent. Modern setting, Fantasy.
Damien Sullivan - 28, Ring Leader/Magician, Snarky, Daring, Power-thirsty. Victorian/Pre-victorian, Fantasy.
Ein - ??, Devil/Demon, Snide, Troublesome, Virulent. Any setting, Fantasy.

Pairings
I'm open to so many there's no point listing them. Suggest me things.

* I should clarify I have a ton of headcanon attached to this character. Too much headcanon. Be wary of where you tread with this one.

** Closer to the type that Anne Rice writes about, with some changes. Sunlight burns, holy water repels, etc.

--Should also be noted that more often than not I will draw my own characters, and, if I enjoy our roleplay enough, I will illustrate scenes from it!
These are the general pairings, fandoms and interests I have, and have the ability to play.
--- I am also open to many other ideas. These are just the first to come to mind. Also, almost any pairing within a fandom is acceptable, except for OCxCanon. I refuse.
Fandoms
---Black Butler - I typically play Sebastian.*
---Princess Tutu - I can play Fakir or Mytho, though I prefer the former.
---No. 6 - I can play Shion or Rat (Nezumi), I have little to no preference.
---Digimon - OC's only
---Pokemon - Oc's only
Original Plots:
Cirque Du L'ombre -- A vaguely pre-established setting I've been using for quite some time. Bonus! May become a web comic, and your character may be featured! This one comes with quite the array of characters to interact with, as well as twists and turns, dark magic, the taboo, and nightmare fuel. (Not to mention Raw, intense emotional moments.)
Your character has found their way into a rather grim looking circus that operates primarily under the cover of night. What events come to pass within the gates change both how your character views the world, and how the world views your character. No longer are you one of the outsiders, you belong with us, now.

[more plots to be added later :| ]
Original Characters
These, for now, are really, -really- basic, and an incomplete list. + means I have 3D models for them!
Jonathan Anderson - 32, Business man, Cold, Aloof, Rich. Modern setting, Non-Fantasy.
Ivan Konstantin - ??, Vampire**, Outgoing, Party Child, Drunk. Any Setting, Fantasy.
+Kuruk - 34, Ursathrope, Quiet, Protective, Woodsman. Any setting, Fantasy.
Joey 'Val' Valentino - 29, Mafia Don, Cocky, Teasing, Violent. Modern setting, Fantasy.
Damien Sullivan - 28, Ring Leader/Magician, Snarky, Daring, Power-thirsty. Victorian/Pre-victorian, Fantasy.
Ein - ??, Devil/Demon, Snide, Troublesome, Virulent. Any setting, Fantasy.

Pairings
I'm open to so many there's no point listing them. Suggest me things.

* I should clarify I have a ton of headcanon attached to this character. Too much headcanon. Be wary of where you tread with this one.

** Closer to the type that Anne Rice writes about, with some changes. Sunlight burns, holy water repels, etc.

--Should also be noted that more often than not I will draw my own characters, and, if I enjoy our roleplay enough, I will illustrate scenes from it!

Familiars Needed
Writer Quirks

A little extra about how I write.
I tend to get very into my writing. I will lace my posts with references to other, famous artists. I will often try to go for a specific sort of rhythm and flow to my words. I like to use words to illustrate the scene in a wax-poetic fashion. Explaining facial expressions is a huge thing for me, as well.

This is a small, cut-short excerpt from a rather old roleplay in which I played Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler.
The words shook him to the core. There was nothing else that he could respond to, no one reaction he could give other than to do what he did...
And that was to move.

The broken knight that had been standing idly, that had been unable to create a response in his fake flesh, unable to breath, unable to feel, to think, to see... Suddenly grew the strength to lift. Grew the strength to move his broken spirit, to piece it back together. The lights of his eyes returned, the darkness he loved so returned. Everything about himself came back. His armour pieced itself back together, he rose back like the bird of pyre from the ashes that was his lost, forgotten self.

Dark nails dug into a frail shoulder, spun the small boy about to face him, and then those very nails pierced skin to pin the boy to the wall above the bed. Butleresque shoes left no impression upon the mattress on which he stood, for ethereal beings cast no weight upon this withering world. Hellfire burned within his eyes, his heart. The heart he denied existence to for far too long. The heart he knew he had now, and cared for. The mark upon his hand, his very lifeblood at this point, burned with a furious fuscia brightness, burned with a desire to kill, to save. Sharp fangs made their presence known in a feral and devilish snarl, the likes of which he knew the boy had never heard. Not the night he'd saved him from the other devil. Not the night he first came to him as a dark bird. The false flesh about his nose and eyebrows kinked into that snarl, a perfect and beautiful display of anger, hatred, [ ], hunger. He knew what he wanted. He knew what to take, what to do. But not now. Not now.

No, Now was not the time to feed. Now was the time to rekindle the spirit of the broken boy. The master he once knew. The master he nearly lost. Now was the time to season his meal once again, to perfect it again...
Writer Quirks

A little extra about how I write.
I tend to get very into my writing. I will lace my posts with references to other, famous artists. I will often try to go for a specific sort of rhythm and flow to my words. I like to use words to illustrate the scene in a wax-poetic fashion. Explaining facial expressions is a huge thing for me, as well.

This is a small, cut-short excerpt from a rather old roleplay in which I played Sebastian Michaelis from Black Butler.
The words shook him to the core. There was nothing else that he could respond to, no one reaction he could give other than to do what he did...
And that was to move.

The broken knight that had been standing idly, that had been unable to create a response in his fake flesh, unable to breath, unable to feel, to think, to see... Suddenly grew the strength to lift. Grew the strength to move his broken spirit, to piece it back together. The lights of his eyes returned, the darkness he loved so returned. Everything about himself came back. His armour pieced itself back together, he rose back like the bird of pyre from the ashes that was his lost, forgotten self.

Dark nails dug into a frail shoulder, spun the small boy about to face him, and then those very nails pierced skin to pin the boy to the wall above the bed. Butleresque shoes left no impression upon the mattress on which he stood, for ethereal beings cast no weight upon this withering world. Hellfire burned within his eyes, his heart. The heart he denied existence to for far too long. The heart he knew he had now, and cared for. The mark upon his hand, his very lifeblood at this point, burned with a furious fuscia brightness, burned with a desire to kill, to save. Sharp fangs made their presence known in a feral and devilish snarl, the likes of which he knew the boy had never heard. Not the night he'd saved him from the other devil. Not the night he first came to him as a dark bird. The false flesh about his nose and eyebrows kinked into that snarl, a perfect and beautiful display of anger, hatred, [ ], hunger. He knew what he wanted. He knew what to take, what to do. But not now. Not now.

No, Now was not the time to feed. Now was the time to rekindle the spirit of the broken boy. The master he once knew. The master he nearly lost. Now was the time to season his meal once again, to perfect it again...

Familiars Needed
Reserved for {possible} later use.
@MalDefekt
Reserved for {possible} later use.
@MalDefekt

Familiars Needed
There we go. That's about as much as I care to add for tonight. Open, I suppose.
There we go. That's about as much as I care to add for tonight. Open, I suppose.

Familiars Needed
@MalDefekt
You sure haven't forgot any details!

And no.6 is probably one of my favorite anime-series and manga, just had to mention that.
While I'm not very fond of playing already existing character (Most likely because I already work with quite a few OCs myself, and I prefer using them) I do at times enjoy playing in already set worlds, if needed - For example Digimon. (I have a soft spot for Impmon)

I tend to go a lot into details myself and I'm a sucker for background stories as to explain their actions and emotions (or lack thereof).

I'm very adaptable when it comes to genres and enjoy mixing different concepts.
If it comes to romance I'm leaning most toward male x male but I'm also fine with heterosexual relationships - As long as I can play as a boy, that is. Unless in dire need I'll always prefer to play the male character(s). I don't bother with age gaps (grew up in Denmark, hallelujah) and generally I'm not very sensitive about any specific topics.

So that was a fairly short description I could pull out, but hopefully enough to give you a bit insight.
@MalDefekt
You sure haven't forgot any details!

And no.6 is probably one of my favorite anime-series and manga, just had to mention that.
While I'm not very fond of playing already existing character (Most likely because I already work with quite a few OCs myself, and I prefer using them) I do at times enjoy playing in already set worlds, if needed - For example Digimon. (I have a soft spot for Impmon)

I tend to go a lot into details myself and I'm a sucker for background stories as to explain their actions and emotions (or lack thereof).

I'm very adaptable when it comes to genres and enjoy mixing different concepts.
If it comes to romance I'm leaning most toward male x male but I'm also fine with heterosexual relationships - As long as I can play as a boy, that is. Unless in dire need I'll always prefer to play the male character(s). I don't bother with age gaps (grew up in Denmark, hallelujah) and generally I'm not very sensitive about any specific topics.

So that was a fairly short description I could pull out, but hopefully enough to give you a bit insight.
@Annekin - If romance were to occur (and yes, I'm jumping straight to this) I would also prefer mxm . I must say, however, that the subject squicks me currently, so any sort of relationship would have to be built slowly, and not be the focus of the roleplay. I want plot! Feeling! Excitement and horror! ouo ... I hope that suits you.

I prefer Oc's currently as well. What subject do you enjoy most?
@Annekin - If romance were to occur (and yes, I'm jumping straight to this) I would also prefer mxm . I must say, however, that the subject squicks me currently, so any sort of relationship would have to be built slowly, and not be the focus of the roleplay. I want plot! Feeling! Excitement and horror! ouo ... I hope that suits you.

I prefer Oc's currently as well. What subject do you enjoy most?

Familiars Needed
@MalDefekt Then were in the same boat. Romance is, truth be told, not really my cup of tea - It doesn't last very long as a main plot for me at least.
However, a few of my character do have a teasing nature and I myself loves to crack sexual innuendoes. :p

Uh, I'm fond of anything with a hint of the paranormal, generally horror.
Also the darker aspects of magic speaks to me, while I do get bored easily with too regular "fantasy settings" and lighthearted adventures.
I love whenever things take a turn for the more twisted and wicked, along with slow character development.

I do prefer fantasy over regular modern-settings unless it's a very special concept.

Anyway, would you be interested in seeing a few of my characters? I can easily go ping them up the same style as you.
@MalDefekt Then were in the same boat. Romance is, truth be told, not really my cup of tea - It doesn't last very long as a main plot for me at least.
However, a few of my character do have a teasing nature and I myself loves to crack sexual innuendoes. :p

Uh, I'm fond of anything with a hint of the paranormal, generally horror.
Also the darker aspects of magic speaks to me, while I do get bored easily with too regular "fantasy settings" and lighthearted adventures.
I love whenever things take a turn for the more twisted and wicked, along with slow character development.

I do prefer fantasy over regular modern-settings unless it's a very special concept.

Anyway, would you be interested in seeing a few of my characters? I can easily go ping them up the same style as you.
@Annekin Ahh. I think you'd slip right in to the circus, then. lmao. Fantasy, historical sort of setting, dark magic, heavy, harsh, emotionally wrecking sort of thing.

I'd /love/ to hear about your characters! I'm going to bed now, unfortunately, but that gives you time to write up as much info as you feel comfortable giving!
@Annekin Ahh. I think you'd slip right in to the circus, then. lmao. Fantasy, historical sort of setting, dark magic, heavy, harsh, emotionally wrecking sort of thing.

I'd /love/ to hear about your characters! I'm going to bed now, unfortunately, but that gives you time to write up as much info as you feel comfortable giving!

Familiars Needed
@MalDefekt A circus? Now, that sounds very interesting.. I'm getting pumped for this.
Uh, and I had spotted one of your characters is a ringleader.

But have a nice sleep, I'll send you a PM with a punch of my characters!
@MalDefekt A circus? Now, that sounds very interesting.. I'm getting pumped for this.
Uh, and I had spotted one of your characters is a ringleader.

But have a nice sleep, I'll send you a PM with a punch of my characters!