Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lost Haven [Private]
@Blackcat0989 ((i'm fiNALLY DOING THE THING))

Beyond the highest mountains
Across the rolling sands
Hidden away from mortal eyes
Are the divine's blessed lands...

Kuragari had had one nightmare of a week.

She'd run out of supplies three days ago, nearly gotten herself killed by a wendigo (she counted her scratches as lucky), and had gotten lost. She'd lost track of the forests where she'd been hiding out long ago, no thanks to tracking down some animal that she couldn't even find now.

Now she was stuck in a wide-open plain with almost nowhere to hide and no food or water in sight, unless you counted the snow. The cold was seeping through her torn clothes and she still hadn't found a decent shelter.

Only sheer willpower was keeping her going at this point. Maybe if she just kept heading south she'd get to somewhere to replenish her supplies and catch a decent night's sleep. She either kept moving or got killed, and even though she was exhausted she preferred the first option.

Kuragari gathered her things up from the rock she'd been sitting on and looked towards the south. Rolling fog obscured her view, but the filtered light of the sun was still there and was still her guide.

She climbed down and started to move again, hoping that she'd finally come across something useful or something that didn't want to kill her.

((hope that works!))
@Blackcat0989 ((i'm fiNALLY DOING THE THING))

Beyond the highest mountains
Across the rolling sands
Hidden away from mortal eyes
Are the divine's blessed lands...

Kuragari had had one nightmare of a week.

She'd run out of supplies three days ago, nearly gotten herself killed by a wendigo (she counted her scratches as lucky), and had gotten lost. She'd lost track of the forests where she'd been hiding out long ago, no thanks to tracking down some animal that she couldn't even find now.

Now she was stuck in a wide-open plain with almost nowhere to hide and no food or water in sight, unless you counted the snow. The cold was seeping through her torn clothes and she still hadn't found a decent shelter.

Only sheer willpower was keeping her going at this point. Maybe if she just kept heading south she'd get to somewhere to replenish her supplies and catch a decent night's sleep. She either kept moving or got killed, and even though she was exhausted she preferred the first option.

Kuragari gathered her things up from the rock she'd been sitting on and looked towards the south. Rolling fog obscured her view, but the filtered light of the sun was still there and was still her guide.

She climbed down and started to move again, hoping that she'd finally come across something useful or something that didn't want to kill her.

((hope that works!))
@LivingTheory

Samael stared into the empty landscape, squinting a little as he tried to see through the thick fog. What little sunlight managed to break through the cloud cover did little to illuminate his way, rather it made it even more difficult to see as the light refracted off the water in the air. He sighed and pushed onwards, long since having given up on keeping his footsteps silent. There was no way to muffle the crunching sound of the snow under his boots, and he could only hope that it wasn't enough to draw a wendigo to him. At least he had a flare gun and a small pouch of ammo on him if the need arose.

He pulled his jacket closer in around him, trying to huddle into the warmth as he continued on. The cold was setting in and the sunlight was definitely getting dimmer. He had no desire to spend another night out in the open and looked frantically around for some sort of shelter. There was a great looming shadow in the distance, faded and far away through the fog, and Sam almost sobbed with relief. That could be a dwelling of some sort, or at least a rock formation or something that might offer something in the way of shelter. And frankly, anything was better than spending another night out on the flats. He picked up his pace, jogging quickly through the snow towards the looming shadow. Hopefully he'd reach it soon.

((I am so sorry if that sucked. While it's not exactly writer's block, my exams are sapping my energy like some sort of energy-leech... m'tired...))
@LivingTheory

Samael stared into the empty landscape, squinting a little as he tried to see through the thick fog. What little sunlight managed to break through the cloud cover did little to illuminate his way, rather it made it even more difficult to see as the light refracted off the water in the air. He sighed and pushed onwards, long since having given up on keeping his footsteps silent. There was no way to muffle the crunching sound of the snow under his boots, and he could only hope that it wasn't enough to draw a wendigo to him. At least he had a flare gun and a small pouch of ammo on him if the need arose.

He pulled his jacket closer in around him, trying to huddle into the warmth as he continued on. The cold was setting in and the sunlight was definitely getting dimmer. He had no desire to spend another night out in the open and looked frantically around for some sort of shelter. There was a great looming shadow in the distance, faded and far away through the fog, and Sam almost sobbed with relief. That could be a dwelling of some sort, or at least a rock formation or something that might offer something in the way of shelter. And frankly, anything was better than spending another night out on the flats. He picked up his pace, jogging quickly through the snow towards the looming shadow. Hopefully he'd reach it soon.

((I am so sorry if that sucked. While it's not exactly writer's block, my exams are sapping my energy like some sort of energy-leech... m'tired...))
Aragorn-resize-by-rattus.png
@Blackcat0989 ((whoops, it's been a while! writer's block will do that to you. apologies!))

Kuragari scrambled over the rocks and flats in no particular direction. She nearly fell off of one at some point and let out a cry of surprise.

Midway across the flat, she was forced to sit back down. Her muscles were screaming and breathing was getting too labored for comfort. Climbing was sapping her remaining energy away. Near-starvation wasn't helping her at all. Kuragari stared at the looming rock fixtures before her and put her head in her hands.

She dropped her pack and leaned forward. She had to catch her breath again.
@Blackcat0989 ((whoops, it's been a while! writer's block will do that to you. apologies!))

Kuragari scrambled over the rocks and flats in no particular direction. She nearly fell off of one at some point and let out a cry of surprise.

Midway across the flat, she was forced to sit back down. Her muscles were screaming and breathing was getting too labored for comfort. Climbing was sapping her remaining energy away. Near-starvation wasn't helping her at all. Kuragari stared at the looming rock fixtures before her and put her head in her hands.

She dropped her pack and leaned forward. She had to catch her breath again.
The shadow got larger with each step Samael took, closer and clearer until it took on the definite shape of a craggy rock formation. Sam sighed and continued on, his every step crunching in the old snow. His pack was heavy on his shoulders, his jacket dusted with snow and almost frozen to the shirt underneath. It was getting harder and harder to keep going, his body wanting nothing more than to just stop and rest. But he couldn't, not if he didn't want to either freeze to death or become prey to a hunting wendigo.

He forced himself onwards, step by step, metre by metre. He only had to make it to the outcrop, then he could rest.

@LivingTheory

((I am sooo sorry if that sucked (which I'm certain it did). Writer's block hit me today and i just can't find the words...))
The shadow got larger with each step Samael took, closer and clearer until it took on the definite shape of a craggy rock formation. Sam sighed and continued on, his every step crunching in the old snow. His pack was heavy on his shoulders, his jacket dusted with snow and almost frozen to the shirt underneath. It was getting harder and harder to keep going, his body wanting nothing more than to just stop and rest. But he couldn't, not if he didn't want to either freeze to death or become prey to a hunting wendigo.

He forced himself onwards, step by step, metre by metre. He only had to make it to the outcrop, then he could rest.

@LivingTheory

((I am sooo sorry if that sucked (which I'm certain it did). Writer's block hit me today and i just can't find the words...))
Aragorn-resize-by-rattus.png