Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Meet Me In The Woods (private)
1 2
@zezmeril [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16347572] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/163476/16347572_350.png[/img] [/url] Nanu ran from tree to tree, gliding to the next available branch whenever the current tree ended. While she didn't have a particular distance in mind, she knew it'd be best to get some posters out a fair distance from the setup. The Carnival had just finished an extraordinarily busy tour-she was quite surprised with the turnout, honestly. Compared to many other fairs, Moonbeam was rather small. But life had been kind to them. With pockets full of coins and new familiars nipping at their heels, the clan decided it was high time to move back to their original spot within the Woods-provided that it hadn't been taken by some other clan in their absence. Thankfully, it hadn't been. Her legs started to tire. By her calculation, she was about a mile away from the base. This was as good of a place as any to tape up a few posters (and not nail them-Nature dragons tended to throw a fit about that). She slid down the tree until she was right at the halfway point of the trunk. She pulled the tape roll off from around her wing and tacked up the sign. She took a moment to observer her work, then froze at the sound of footsteps. She slwoly turned around, crests flaring in alarm. "Hello? Is someone there?"
@zezmeril

16347572_350.png

Nanu ran from tree to tree, gliding to the next available branch whenever the current tree ended. While she didn't have a particular distance in mind, she knew it'd be best to get some posters out a fair distance from the setup.

The Carnival had just finished an extraordinarily busy tour-she was quite surprised with the turnout, honestly. Compared to many other fairs, Moonbeam was rather small.

But life had been kind to them. With pockets full of coins and new familiars nipping at their heels, the clan decided it was high time to move back to their original spot within the Woods-provided that it hadn't been taken by some other clan in their absence. Thankfully, it hadn't been.

Her legs started to tire. By her calculation, she was about a mile away from the base. This was as good of a place as any to tape up a few posters (and not nail them-Nature dragons tended to throw a fit about that).

She slid down the tree until she was right at the halfway point of the trunk. She pulled the tape roll off from around her wing and tacked up the sign.

She took a moment to observer her work, then froze at the sound of footsteps. She slwoly turned around, crests flaring in alarm.

"Hello? Is someone there?"
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
@takeatramtrip [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12977810] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/129779/12977810_350.png[/img] [/url] Making his way through the dense foliage, Sien stumbled over the many roots that crossed his path. Mostly blind, he had trouble making out what was in front of him, made even harder by the little amount of light in the area. He had been sent into the Tangled Wood to retrieve several reagents, but had become lost due to his poor sight. Propping himself against a tree o rest, he looked around before giving a sigh. Perking up upon hearing a voice, he began looking around once more. "Hello? Yes, and I could very much use a guide here," he called, pulling his hood down, "I mean no harm, nor do I wish to cause any. I only wish to leave these woods so hat I may return home."
@takeatramtrip

12977810_350.png

Making his way through the dense foliage, Sien stumbled over the many roots that crossed his path. Mostly blind, he had trouble making out what was in front of him, made even harder by the little amount of light in the area. He had been sent into the Tangled Wood to retrieve several reagents, but had become lost due to his poor sight.

Propping himself against a tree o rest, he looked around before giving a sigh. Perking up upon hearing a voice, he began looking around once more.

"Hello? Yes, and I could very much use a guide here," he called, pulling his hood down, "I mean no harm, nor do I wish to cause any. I only wish to leave these woods so hat I may return home."
sIVoBmo.png ihrGNmK.png2kEcc6D.png
@zezmeril

Nanu's frills twitched as she looked over the Nocturne. He had a rather noticeable squint and didn't seem to see her-perhaps his eyes were bad?

She fluttered to a nearby mushroom, hoping its luminescence would make her a bit more noticeable.

"Well," she said, raising her voice over a sudden gust of wind, "I won't be much good as a guide, but-"

She was cut off by a loud rumble of thunder. She frowned and glanced upwards. It was rather hard to see the sky in the Woods, but from what she could see, the daytime sun had grown a bit darker.

"Maybe you should come back to my clan with me." she offered.
@zezmeril

Nanu's frills twitched as she looked over the Nocturne. He had a rather noticeable squint and didn't seem to see her-perhaps his eyes were bad?

She fluttered to a nearby mushroom, hoping its luminescence would make her a bit more noticeable.

"Well," she said, raising her voice over a sudden gust of wind, "I won't be much good as a guide, but-"

She was cut off by a loud rumble of thunder. She frowned and glanced upwards. It was rather hard to see the sky in the Woods, but from what she could see, the daytime sun had grown a bit darker.

"Maybe you should come back to my clan with me." she offered.
@takeatramtrip

Looking towards the sky at the sound of thunder, Sien gave a nod.

"Thank you. I promise to stay out of the way as best I can," he said, the burns around his eyes and covering his wings becoming visible in the light produced by the fungus, "And sorry if I seem like an inconvenience, I can't really see that far."

Pulling his hood back up, Sien made a mental note of Nanu's colors and size.Raising his wings over himself, he spread them like an umbrella as the first drops of rain began to fall. Looking to the poster, Nanu had posted onto the tree, he took a step to bring it into focus so he could read it.

"So, I'm in the territory of the Moonbeam Carnival," he asked, "Sounds interesting to say the least. We're usually too busy back home to properly enjoy a carnival."
@takeatramtrip

Looking towards the sky at the sound of thunder, Sien gave a nod.

"Thank you. I promise to stay out of the way as best I can," he said, the burns around his eyes and covering his wings becoming visible in the light produced by the fungus, "And sorry if I seem like an inconvenience, I can't really see that far."

Pulling his hood back up, Sien made a mental note of Nanu's colors and size.Raising his wings over himself, he spread them like an umbrella as the first drops of rain began to fall. Looking to the poster, Nanu had posted onto the tree, he took a step to bring it into focus so he could read it.

"So, I'm in the territory of the Moonbeam Carnival," he asked, "Sounds interesting to say the least. We're usually too busy back home to properly enjoy a carnival."
@zezmeril

Oh my.

Once the stranger stepped closer to the glowing mushroom, she could make out several burns around his face and wings. While certainly not a stranger to grievous injuries, it was still quite the sight.

But she kept it to herself. It wouldn't be polite to say anything, and she knew by now how touchy some dragons could be over injuries.

She pulled up her fur coat as the rain started. She hovered in the air just a little bit behind the Nocturne.

"Well, I suppose you could call it our territory." she laughed. "We aren't here very often, though. That's one thing they never tell you about show business; you're rarely ever home."

She flinched as the sky rumbled once again above them. She started to fly ahead, going slower than she preferred so her nearsighted guest could still see her. "We're just back here." she promised. "I'm afraid we currently don't have much to offer, as far as hospitality goes, but a tent is better than nothing, yes?"
@zezmeril

Oh my.

Once the stranger stepped closer to the glowing mushroom, she could make out several burns around his face and wings. While certainly not a stranger to grievous injuries, it was still quite the sight.

But she kept it to herself. It wouldn't be polite to say anything, and she knew by now how touchy some dragons could be over injuries.

She pulled up her fur coat as the rain started. She hovered in the air just a little bit behind the Nocturne.

"Well, I suppose you could call it our territory." she laughed. "We aren't here very often, though. That's one thing they never tell you about show business; you're rarely ever home."

She flinched as the sky rumbled once again above them. She started to fly ahead, going slower than she preferred so her nearsighted guest could still see her. "We're just back here." she promised. "I'm afraid we currently don't have much to offer, as far as hospitality goes, but a tent is better than nothing, yes?"
@TakeATramTrip

"i can't say I know what that's like honestly. The clan I'm from is pretty content to stay where it is, heavy security and everything. We haven't moved locations in a long time. I believe it was before we even had more than twenty permanent members, compared to the one hundred we have now," Sien said, carefully picking his way across the ground so as not to trip and fall, "You'd think a clan about healing would be more mobile, but we're set in stone."

Giving a nod, he took out a small coin like object with a blue light on it. Breathing a small amount of magic into it, he tucked it into a pocket on the inside of his hood.

"A tent will be fine. To be honest, I wouldn't mind the rain, but who am I to refuse shelter," he said, looking up as the rain picked up, "I guess this will just be a good study on how weather affects the mind."
@TakeATramTrip

"i can't say I know what that's like honestly. The clan I'm from is pretty content to stay where it is, heavy security and everything. We haven't moved locations in a long time. I believe it was before we even had more than twenty permanent members, compared to the one hundred we have now," Sien said, carefully picking his way across the ground so as not to trip and fall, "You'd think a clan about healing would be more mobile, but we're set in stone."

Giving a nod, he took out a small coin like object with a blue light on it. Breathing a small amount of magic into it, he tucked it into a pocket on the inside of his hood.

"A tent will be fine. To be honest, I wouldn't mind the rain, but who am I to refuse shelter," he said, looking up as the rain picked up, "I guess this will just be a good study on how weather affects the mind."
@takeatramtrip ((Took me a moment to find my bookmark, but here's a ping.))
@takeatramtrip ((Took me a moment to find my bookmark, but here's a ping.))
@zezmeril

Nanu laughed, a high, tittering sound. "Well, you can't expect business in a medical field if no one can find you. Circuses come to dragons; dragons come to doctors."

She noted him holding something in front of his face, blowing on it for a moment before he tucked it away. Her frills perked slightly in curiosity, but she kept quiet.

She hummed quietly in response to his last comment, unsure what to say to that.

The trees started to clear, and she instinctively flew a bit faster. Home was near, and the rain was picking up significantly. She wanted nothing more than to get inside.
@zezmeril

Nanu laughed, a high, tittering sound. "Well, you can't expect business in a medical field if no one can find you. Circuses come to dragons; dragons come to doctors."

She noted him holding something in front of his face, blowing on it for a moment before he tucked it away. Her frills perked slightly in curiosity, but she kept quiet.

She hummed quietly in response to his last comment, unsure what to say to that.

The trees started to clear, and she instinctively flew a bit faster. Home was near, and the rain was picking up significantly. She wanted nothing more than to get inside.
@takeatramtrip

"I suppose you're right there, constantly being on the move would be harmful to our profession. If anything turns people away from us, it's usually our strict security. Given that our work is usually focused on restoring the health of those fallen victim to illness, such security is needed though," Sien said, speeding up so that he could keep Nanu in sight, "More recently, we've been taking a more offensive stance though since we've finally located the group that has been harassing us for decades. Since I'm not among the select group being trained to take them on, I wouldn't have more knowledge on the subject though."

"You said that your clan runs a circus right? Would it be intrusive if I asked what that is like," he asked, staring to us his wings like a third set of legs, "Living to provide entertainment sounds like it would be an interesting, but it also sounds like one would eventually grow tired of such performances."
@takeatramtrip

"I suppose you're right there, constantly being on the move would be harmful to our profession. If anything turns people away from us, it's usually our strict security. Given that our work is usually focused on restoring the health of those fallen victim to illness, such security is needed though," Sien said, speeding up so that he could keep Nanu in sight, "More recently, we've been taking a more offensive stance though since we've finally located the group that has been harassing us for decades. Since I'm not among the select group being trained to take them on, I wouldn't have more knowledge on the subject though."

"You said that your clan runs a circus right? Would it be intrusive if I asked what that is like," he asked, staring to us his wings like a third set of legs, "Living to provide entertainment sounds like it would be an interesting, but it also sounds like one would eventually grow tired of such performances."
@zezmeril Well, that caught her attention. Who would go out of their way to torment a group of healers? What was there to be gained from that? It was unfortunate that her guest couldn't provide her with a better answer. She smiled at his question. "It does get tiring, at times, but performance is often the only thing my clanmates can look forward to. Most of them have lost everything else, and who am I to deny them their last comfort? If attention is what they seek, then I do my best to provide it for them." The trees slowly gave away to the entrance of a hallow. She frilled her crest as a signal to the Nocturne to stop. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17421370] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/174214/17421370_350.png[/img] [/url] A Mirror promptly bounded forward. "Hello, Nanu!" she chirped. "We just got the tent set up. We figure that'll be enough for toni-" She stopped and stared at the stranger. "Oh, hello! Who are you?"
@zezmeril

Well, that caught her attention. Who would go out of their way to torment a group of healers? What was there to be gained from that?

It was unfortunate that her guest couldn't provide her with a better answer.

She smiled at his question. "It does get tiring, at times, but performance is often the only thing my clanmates can look forward to. Most of them have lost everything else, and who am I to deny them their last comfort? If attention is what they seek, then I do my best to provide it for them."

The trees slowly gave away to the entrance of a hallow. She frilled her crest as a signal to the Nocturne to stop.

17421370_350.png

A Mirror promptly bounded forward. "Hello, Nanu!" she chirped. "We just got the tent set up. We figure that'll be enough for toni-"

She stopped and stared at the stranger. "Oh, hello! Who are you?"
1 2